Grinch's Content

There have been 603 items by Grinch (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#23875 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 09 April 2004 - 08:37 PM in Site Feedback

It's a long shot, but I'd like a few Dr. Seuss avatars. They don't have to be Grinches or anything. As a matter of fact, I don't care if they're Grinched or not.

#23700 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 07 April 2004 - 03:46 AM in Site Feedback

You know, the only way to get a custom avatar is to submit five (or was it six?) pieces of original content to NH. There are some people, like me, that already own their own Nerf site and usually don't want to post their content on...somebody else's. Basically, I don't want to put my Nerf World content onto Nerf Haven because...well, I already have a host for it, and I want my site to grow as well.

What I'm trying to say is, isn't there any other way to gain a custom avatar/title? I mean, I would gladly pay a small fee for such.

#17669 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 31 January 2004 - 01:38 AM in Site Feedback

what about a hitler?

You were probably joking, but I hate that man more than any other person that ever lived.

The word "Auschwitz" gives me the chills down my spine.

If anybody has done any research on the Holocaust, you may know that sick/young/helpless people were immediately lead to the gas chambers for extermination. The dead bodies were then stripped of valuables (such as gold fillings) and thrown into the crematory - basically a large oven used to burn the victims.

After reading that once the Russian allied invasion begun, the bomb raids destroyed all three remaining gas chambers at Auschwitz. The Nazis, realizing that they're primary way of killing (at their largest death camp) had been destroyed, they decided to kill as many prisoners as possible by just throwing them into the crematories...alive.

The thought of having my skin burned off in an oven while still alive makes me want to vomit.

#18587 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 09 February 2004 - 07:04 PM in Site Feedback

AC/DC

Yes!!

#8701 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 24 August 2003 - 11:31 PM in Site Feedback

Do you think I could get a Grinch made up? :rolleyes:

#25917 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 11 May 2004 - 11:06 PM in Site Feedback

Next on my to do list: Speed Racer, Dr. Seuss, and Family Guy avatars.

Hey, I didn't see that. Thanks, Julie!

#38080 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 01 October 2004 - 12:08 AM in Site Feedback

Holy. Shit.

Julie, you fucking rule. Dr. Seuss avatars...*snif*

#4052 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 27 April 2003 - 03:42 PM in Site Feedback

Y'know that computerized image of the EaB you made for Gunned Down? Well, could you make me a (I know this sounds complicated) PVC multibarreled 1500 New style?

#4199 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 01 May 2003 - 02:43 PM in Site Feedback

Really? You mean this one, right?

Posted Image

#31002 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Grinch on 12 July 2004 - 05:10 PM in General Nerf

Naw man, its the N-Stike

THIRST

So he didn't capitalize it. So what.

Post whore.

#31023 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Grinch on 12 July 2004 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

A'ight. Guess I was wrong. I thought the post was unnecessary, but apparently it was considered as relevant.

Wait...why aren't I flaming back like a n00b? WHY?!

#29142 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Grinch on 22 June 2004 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

Those look like they were designed with at least a little influence from halo.

Yes, they were. The Scout is the Pistol. The Hornet is the Plasma Rifle. The Titan is the Rocket Launcher.

#31005 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Grinch on 12 July 2004 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

I don't get it...please remind me why it was necessary to post the same link twice? They all go to the same place for me.

Grinch, you have pushed me over the edge. You just IM me threatening banning for nothing, you need to sit in a corner, cry like an emo kid, and then, stop talking. You no betetr than anyone else, so stop acting proffesional. Oh yeah, and dont be such a prick.

Hmm. I'm sorry to break this to you Thirsty, but I can't ban. I'm just a Global Mod. Oh, and it's not nice to spoil people's plans for a NHQ revamp! :) Somebody needs to learn some tact.

I'm not sure what sitting in a corner would help. And the emo part? ...yeah. Sorry for acting professional. I guess we all have different feelings about each other!

Sorry, but I'm not the kind of person that likes to mindlessly flame. On a forum, language gets you nowhere. ;)

#19101 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 15 February 2004 - 06:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm almost certain I'm coming. But I still have to talk my mom/dad into it.

I'll probably be bringing a friend.

Now then, how far would Irvine be from the San Fernando Valley? As in, the Northridge area.

#19141 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 16 February 2004 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm trying my best to get over there, but my parents are very paranoid about me hanging out with people I've never met in person.

#19312 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 18 February 2004 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Ah. One more question: how many guns is it customary to bring? I've never been to a major war, but in smaller wars I usually just take a 1500 and a Lock 'n Load. Should I take more than that, or does it all really depend on what I'm comfortable with?

#19053 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 15 February 2004 - 12:16 AM in Nerf Wars

~snip~

Venado sounds fine. Why don't we just try a war there, and if we get kicked out, we can just retreat to the park.

#19248 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 17 February 2004 - 07:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd just like to add that this war is going to PW33N.

And for you new guys we're totally serious on the eyewear rule, no eye protection and you will NOT be playing, we've had to turn kids away before and it sucks.

Or, even worse, we'll stick you with the dicky safety goggles and you'll be mercilessly mocked and ridiculed by your peers.

Okay. I'm coming for sure.

About the eyewear thing: are sunglasses really enough? Or should I wear something more protective?

I'm bringing about 100 darts. I hope it's a good amount.

#19145 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 16 February 2004 - 04:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay. Here's the deal on my arrival:

My dad talked to Kevin today. My dad said he felt comfortable with the situation, and agreed to take me the weekend.

He's still a bit unhappy about having to sit around all day, but, what the hell. I'm still trying to convince Spanky (webmaster of NHQ) to go along to YANO. He lives about ten minutes away from me.

You guys are going to freak out when you realize how short I am.

#19007 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 14 February 2004 - 01:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Can somebody tell me exactly what happened at Venado that is keeping us from going back?

#16542 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 17 January 2004 - 01:14 AM in Nerf Wars

I desperately want to go to a LANO.

I have but one question: are there a lot of other 14 year old kids there? My mom's a little weird about me playing with guys twice as old as me. Doesn't really matter to me, though!

#16924 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 23 January 2004 - 12:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'm almost certainly coming, and I'm trying to get Spanky to go as well. He lives a ten minute drive away from me...

#15981 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 07 January 2004 - 10:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I might come. How many of you actually live in the San Fernando Valley?

#17572 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 30 January 2004 - 12:09 AM in Nerf Wars

If I end up coming, all I'm bringing is a Max Shot, a 1500, and a sidearm. But then again, 1500s don't need sidearms...

#18867 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by Grinch on 12 February 2004 - 06:37 PM in Nerf Wars

So, are we all still on for this war?

#14394 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Grinch on 15 December 2003 - 09:08 PM in Off Topic

Hmmmmmm I would like it if everyone got their guns highly modifed and have like 50 people shooting metal tip stefans him mwahahaha. Sorry just a though.

Ha! You're so funny!

By the way, I'm sure soldiers with AKs would completely own us.

My thought is this: just because we've caught Saddam, the war is nowhere near over. For the past 6 months, while we've been in Iraq, our top priority was not to find Saddam. Now that we have got him, it does take us one step closer to completing our mission over there, but it certainly does not end the problems. Quite obviously, he hasn't caused much trouble hiding in a hole for half a year.

Howard Dean really got screwed. His whole campaign has pretty much been how we should not be in Iraq, and the fact that we've just arrested one of the world's most wanted men does weaken his arguement. According to the statistics, Dean's support rating has dropped 8% since we found Saddam. It certainly does not look to good for him.

I honestly don't think Osama bin Laden is much a threat anymore. We haven't heard of him for more than a year, and the worst thing he could do right now (if, in fact, he's still alive) would be to wage an attack on the U.S., because all that would do is reassure us that he is alive, somewhere.

My final point: we found Saddam. Great. I'm happy for the soldiers and my country, I really am. But, the fact is, this really doesn't change our situation dramatically.

#14306 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Grinch on 14 December 2003 - 01:55 PM in Off Topic

I'm glad Saddam is captured, but I don't think he should be executed. He is worth a lot more alive than he is dead. For anybody that actually read the article, Saddam's capture may lead to Bin Laden's. Besides, in my opinion, being locked up in a concrete room for the rest of your entire life is much worse a punishment than being killed instantly.

#15363 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Grinch on 31 December 2003 - 09:47 PM in Off Topic

In memory of the late, great Nickis...

Thank you, Wayback Machine:

w00t!

Pages 5 and up seems to work a'ight, but there's a lot of broken links. Still fun to look at, though.

#26050 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Grinch on 13 May 2004 - 08:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh, and Spanky lives about twenty minutes away from me as well, so maybe I can get him to come, too.

I think three is my dad's maximum haul, Grinch. Sorry.

I have about a 75% chance of coming, and I talked to Mr. Bobert'd dad, who said he could come.

Haha, no, I meant I could talk him into coming. I mean, he's eighteen, he should be able to drive.

#27008 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Grinch on 25 May 2004 - 05:45 PM in Nerf Wars

IF GRINCH WOULD TALK TO HIS PARENTS AND GET BACK TO ME.

I'm groveling!

#28526 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Grinch on 14 June 2004 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't go.

I'm graduating valedictorian in Junior High on the war date.

Sorry.

#24208 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Grinch on 13 April 2004 - 08:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Feh, I'd prefer a park. With open fields.

#26030 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Grinch on 12 May 2004 - 11:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Seirus, you stole my avatar!

By the way, I am so coming to Armageddon, rain or shine. Ice Nine and I are meeting up next weekend for our 'rents to meet. Hopefully, if all goes well, we'll have a carpool worked out.

Oh, and Spanky lives about twenty minutes away from me as well, so maybe I can get him to come, too.

#24128 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by Grinch on 12 April 2004 - 11:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Yup. I really want to come to Armageddon. I have a feeling my 'rents will be more OK with it because it's closer to summer time. Hopefully, I can get a ride with Ice. It's okay on his side, but I've yet to convince my parents.

Spanky lives about 10-20 minutes from my house. I need to convince him to come.

#4762 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 19 May 2003 - 03:20 PM in Off Topic

I personally feel that the "sex scene" was important. I agree that it was too long, but it does express that Neo and Trinity are deeply in love with each other. Just a kiss doesn't justify having that strong of feelings for each other.

On the topic of the Revolutions preview at the end, I was extremely disappointed. The preview was way to short, and after 10 minutes of watching people's names scroll down the screen, I think we deserved a little bit more.

***spoilers***

I have a few questions about the film I didn't quite understand.

1) Ok, the "father of the Matrix" said that if Neo chose one door, Zion would be saved, but Trinity would die. If he went through the other, he could save Trinity, but would lead to the extinction of mankind. Of course, love overcame him and he went to save Trinity. However, he was still breathing, and mankind seemed just fine to me. What happened?

2) The whole thing with the Oracle actually being a program I understood fine. However, it didn't "click" to me why her "visions" were always wrong. In the first Matrix film, she flatly to Neo that he wasn't "The One". She was wrong, wasn't she? What's up with that?

3) Also, another thing with the Father of the Matrix scene. Why were hundreds of Neo's emotions being shown on the TV screens? And, what was all that stuff about the choices being made 6 times? That totally baffled me.

4) I understood the thing with the Oracle when she told Neo that some "bad programs" rebelled. Agent Smith was portrayed as a bad program. He was "unplugged". In this case, why is he still trying to kill Neo? For personal revenge? If he is just a computer program, how can he have emotions? And if so, why can't they just delete him?

***spoilers over***

Well, that's my list of confusing questions. Can anybody answer them to clear this up? When I saw the first Matrix, I required a second viewing to fully understand the concept. I think it's the same with Reloaded. I'm definitely going to have to see it again.

#3693 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 20 April 2003 - 08:13 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, Gamecube kicks. PS2 is horribly outdated, and it's graphics suck. XBOX has some signature games, but most of their games you can buy on PS2 and Gamecube also. From what I've seen, Gamecube has the most games that are only for Gamecube. And the controller is so damn comfortable. That whole "kiddy system" crap is stupid. We have a ton of kick-ass games: Resident Evil, Zelda, SuperSmash Bros. Melee, etc.

Gamecube is most compatible, user-friendly, and fastest loading system out there. Of all of it's features I only see one downfall. With PS2 and XBOX you can burn games. Alas, with Gamecube it's impossible.

#4786 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 19 May 2003 - 07:52 PM in Off Topic

Whew! After reading all these posts, I definitely understand the film a lot better. But there are a few things about it that they don't do a very good job of explaining. For example, if the Architect wrote the Matrix, and he is a program, who wrote him? Did some guy write a program that would write a program for him? See, they don't explain this.

I think that the third will have an extremely weird twist at the end. I was thinking that maybe the whole "real world" that Zion exists in is also part of the Matrix. It's the part of the Matrix that is supposedly "real" although it's just another program. The fact that a new "the One" comes every so often is a pattern. In real life events usually don't follow a pattern, but a written program does. Comments?

I definitely need to see this thing again. The first Matrix definitely had a better and easier storyline to follow.

Oh, and Famine, chill out.

#4979 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 25 May 2003 - 10:19 AM in Off Topic

These are all good points. Yet the thing that really changed the experience for me was Smith. I watched the first film again and reallized that he was so damn good in it because he was believable. He had motivation, and his performance was great. In the second film, when he shows up, his character just doesn't jive. There is no reason for him to be there, and while I'm sure the brothers will give us an explanation in the third film, I think it will seem more like an excuse. It justl feels like an afterthought added to satisfy griping fans. His scenes were the strongest parts of the first film, and the weakest of the second.

Agreed. In "The Matrix", Agent Smith was a program, sent to "eliminate" Neo. Hugo Weaving is an excellent actor, too. He had been sent to kill, and nothing was going to come between him and his goal. In Reloaded, he's just a disgruntled program, after Neo for personal revenge.

#3452 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 14 April 2003 - 03:59 PM in Off Topic

I would love to show up wearing all black and a pair of these.

EDIT: Woah ho! They have a whole collection over here!

#4957 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 24 May 2003 - 07:59 AM in Off Topic

I think I've figured out what makes the first movie more exciting. Although Reloaded has more fight scenes, Neo's power has greatly increased. In the original, you didn't know if he was going to win. He was just an office worker in the beginning, but by the end he was a fighter.

My point is, in the original movie, in the scenes with Neo and the Agents, you never knew who was going to win the fight. Don't get me wrong, but the first time I saw it I was totally surprised when Neo finally got shot (and died) at the end. It was a challenge--Neo was going to the limits to try and defeat these unhumanly programs, without the assurance that he knew he'd survive.

In Reloaded, now that Neo is all super-powerful, there is no doubt in the fight scenes that he'll die. You know he's going to beat them all up, and fly away to safety. Almost makes him seem too powerful, huh? In the theater, we had the assurance that Neo was going to kick the Agents' @sses and escape. This element of reassurance wasn't there in the first movie, which lead to a more exciting, and suspenseful plot.

Plus, in the original, all the "Bullet-time" and kung-fu jumps was something we'd never seen before. In Reloaded, it was nothing new. Well, that's my opinion.