Grinch's Content

There have been 603 items by Grinch (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2171 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by Grinch on 12 March 2003 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

I can shove three Supermaxx darts into my 5000 barrel and it shoots them all equal distance.

#2172 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Grinch on 12 March 2003 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

Hey, I'm new to the NH boards, but I'm a regular over at NC and NHQ. Here's my question: Everybody always is talking about how they got some great guns at thrift stores. I went to some last week and found nothing. What stores do you got to? Help me out here.

#2191 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Grinch on 13 March 2003 - 03:45 PM in General Nerf

I know, I got a SMLE 2500 from a kid at school for $10. It's weird, I know there are several kids at my school with crossbows collecting dust in their basement. They just don't know its worth.

#2204 Cardboard Tube Samurai And Nerf.

Posted by Grinch on 14 March 2003 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

Uh, yeah. A cardboard tube is really narrow, you could easily shoot them before they even layed a finger on you. Plus, don't even attempt trying to block the darts with your tube (hehe, reminds me of Star Wars).

#2205 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 14 March 2003 - 07:05 PM in Off Topic

I am new to the NH boards. How do you link to an off-site avatar? I can't figure it out.

#2217 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 15 March 2003 - 09:57 AM in Off Topic

By content do you mean posts?

#2221 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 15 March 2003 - 11:49 AM in Off Topic

Thanx for the help.

#2322 Thrift Stores?

Posted by Grinch on 18 March 2003 - 04:16 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, it's hard for me to check the stores though. I don't have a license, and I have school Mon-Fri. And the thrift stores are closed on the weekends. I barely ever get to check. I can't call cause the clerk is always like, "Nuff? Neef? Shooter gun toy? Oh, Nerrrrf. You'll have to come look."

#2323 Help

Posted by Grinch on 18 March 2003 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

I don't know if this is good or not, but it's got a lot of pics. Gohere to find a good SS2 mod.

#2324 What Is The Best First Mod

Posted by Grinch on 18 March 2003 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

I agree with Neo 100%. SM1500 is a great gun to begin your modding experiences with. If you want help, go to Yakman's site to find a great pictured mod.

#2334 Help

Posted by Grinch on 18 March 2003 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

:huh: I was talking about the sharp shoter 2

Okay, let's straighten this up.

Secret Shot 2 = SS2
Sharpshooter II = SSII

It's a common mistake.

#2335 What Is The Best First Mod

Posted by Grinch on 18 March 2003 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

AT2k.

Cheap, available gun so if you screw it up it's not so bad.

Huge improvement - adds at least 50 feet to the range.

Really? I think the AT2k is much, much harder to mod compared to the SM1500. It takes forever to open. That stupid cap on the pump prevents it.

#2390 What Is The Worst Gun.

Posted by Grinch on 19 March 2003 - 04:21 PM in Off Topic

I don't care who the hell disagrees with me, but my AT2k sucks to the extreme. I measured it yesterday with one barrel, the top distance was 2.7 feet (this is not 27 feet, it's 2.7). This is how I got it.

#2391 Help

Posted by Grinch on 19 March 2003 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

It's okay, but this should be in mods.

#2395 Good Sniper Wepons.

Posted by Grinch on 19 March 2003 - 05:50 PM in General Nerf

SM5000s are great for long range. I came across one 2 years ago at TRU sitting behind all those shitty Supermaxx remakes. Glad I bought it.

Anyway, if you do somehow get your hands on one, forget the dart and ball barrels. Take the arrow shooting one, poke out the air restrictor in the tip. Then, where you screw the barrels in, chizel out THAT mesh air restrictor. Now you have a gun that shoots 100 feet plus with darts.

#2396 No-purchase Regrets

Posted by Grinch on 19 March 2003 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

Two weeks ago I saw an AirZone Bazooka at WalMart. I went back a week later and it was gone. I am so damn pissed at myself for not buying it. Has anybody else ever done that before?

#2408 Nerfhaven

Posted by Grinch on 19 March 2003 - 07:14 PM in Off Topic

I fucking love it.

Nice touch, cxwq.

Anyways, there are a lot more intelligent Nerfers here, and I do like the small community. NC is really slow right now, and on NHQ I can post something and come back an hour later and there will be 20 new replies, most of which aren't worth reading.

But NH won't stay this size forever. NC is the biggest forum, and this is how it started. In two years there will probably be thousands of members on this site. Just look at the bright side: by that time we'll all be vets that can own those n00bs.

#2452 Good Sniper Wepons.

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2003 - 01:29 PM in General Nerf

I am happy to have 1 barrel that shoot arrows and every type of dart. It gets over 100 feet of range. I see no need to PETG it.

#2453 Lnl Mods

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2003 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

He gave you a Lock 'n' Load?!?!? God damnit, those things go for 50 bucks on eBay.

Anyway, just take the yellow cocker of you lucky son of a...

#2454 Nerfhaven

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2003 - 01:40 PM in Off Topic

I do post a lot on NHQ, I'm not afraid to admit it. Shindig, it's a great site, and the forums are entertaining. When I said, "Most of them aren't even worth reading" I meant that some topics are just really stupid. I mean, there's one on there right now that's about exploding flour. And only 16% of my threads are in Off-Topic.

At least my threads aren't that dumb. And about me posting too much here at NerfHaven, I've been a member for nine days, guys. 22 posts, a little more than 2 posts a day. I speak my opinion when I want to.

So lay off.

#2494 Nerfhaven

Posted by Grinch on 20 March 2003 - 07:20 PM in Off Topic

Once,, just once, when I was a total n00b to all forums, I posted one of those crappy "Need Crossbow" threads. Then I realized the obvious answer:

Who the fuck is going to give one up?

Now it annoys me when people do that. I really like what Groove said at the end of his comic. I think it was "We Need This" strip.

#2514 Nerfhaven

Posted by Grinch on 21 March 2003 - 01:17 PM in Off Topic

Same for that Blackblade dude.... I'm watchin him.... I mean 30-somethin posts in a few days is a high indication of a lack of life.

amen to that.

blackblade, you have been on this site for 4 days, and you have 45 posts. there are maybe 2 worth reading. about half of them can be answered using the different sections of this site alone. mrgrinch and jrbill2006 have been doing the same, but not quite up at the same rate. i am sure all three of you have great things to say, but seriously, chill out. you three are the reason i almost edited my comment about not having to filter through complete 'crap for posts' on this site. please look around for the answer before you put 4 topics in the same forum, and are the sole owner of all 6 replies in each (i know that is an exaggeration). if the kharma system were here, my browser wouldn't even let me look at your posts.

I post less than 3 fucking times a day.

And dude, it's totally unfair that your judging me by my post count. If I had 5 posts and they were all complete crap, you would say nothing. I reply when I want to, and I generally don't post things that are really stupid.

I mean, look at Black Blade's last post. What the hell does that have to do with anything? At least I don't post ten times a day.

#2540 War On Iraq

Posted by Grinch on 22 March 2003 - 10:48 AM in Off Topic

It seems every time there's a topic on Iraq people's posts are miles long. :o

But mainly, about George W. Bush. I hate the fact that people are referring to him as a warmonger, or that he only is in the war for the oil. If this was a democratic president, this controversy would not be as strong. When Bill Clinton was forced to bomb, negative feedback about his actions were not a strong as what Bush is getting.

It's a hard decision. Bush has the lives of many people in his hands. Can you imagine that a phone call that he makes could result in hundreds losing there lives? Bush is trying to make the best of the situation, and I respect him for that. And about the oil, we already have more oil that Iraq does. There is more oil in Alaska than there is in all of Iraq. We are going to war against them for the safety of the world. Yes, we are killing innocent Iraqis by bombing them, but the Iraqi casualties US is killing is far less than the amount Saddam has killed during his reign.

Well, that's my opinion.

#2570 Nerfhaven

Posted by Grinch on 22 March 2003 - 11:07 PM in Off Topic

I know I am a newbie to these forums, but still, I definitely have to agree. NC is up, but it is so, so slow. NHQ is great, it has some good posts, but there are so many n00bs with mindless questions that aren't useful to us.

Please, cxwq, don't let that happen to NH. I feel like these forums are the only place I can go to read interesting posts, and the new posts come in at a good rate. I am sorry if I annoyed some people, but, if you read some of BlackBlade's posts, I'm not that bad. I always try to make decent posts.

Anyway, I'll leave you with a comment about NerfHaven. If I may quote cxwq,

I fucking love it.

#2660 Good Sniper Wepons.

Posted by Grinch on 25 March 2003 - 06:31 PM in General Nerf

Woah! A BBB! That's one lucky find. Anyway, SM5000s are great 'cause you can mod them pretty easily without opening one up. Plus, they look so damn cool.

#2736 I Just Got A Sm3000.

Posted by Grinch on 27 March 2003 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

I wouldn't suggest plugging the air release valve. It makes the gun EXREMELY hard to pump, and that usually isn't good in a war.

#2787 What Is The Worst Gun.

Posted by Grinch on 30 March 2003 - 05:28 PM in Off Topic

like I said it's not soupoesed to be accurete.

It's not supposed to be anything. Hasbro makes guns colorful and cool looking to attract little kids. I doubt Hasbro looked at the FastBlast and gave a shit whether or not it's accurate. The fact is, it'll shoot foam darts, and little kids won't care how good it shoots.

By the way, BlackBlade, please try to use correct grammar/sp/punctuation.

#2818 2003 Toy Fair Pics

Posted by Grinch on 31 March 2003 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

Damn! That pistol is awesome! It also looks like it's a cocking gun.

I'll be useful and post this on NHQ/NC.

#2902 April Fools

Posted by Grinch on 02 April 2003 - 05:04 PM in Off Topic

What does "****" mean. Is it N_E_R_F? Let's see, Nerf.

Guess not.

#2929 Cannon Ammo

Posted by Grinch on 03 April 2003 - 05:32 PM in Homemades

How bought yousing this in a EAB for a shot gun exteapet with out fom cups yousing plastic and brass inside of the cup.

Black Blade, you post is kind of hard to read, but, If it's what I think you said, brass would be too heavy. This idea works somewhat like a shotgun shell: upon impact, it breaks and BBs go flying everywhere. It might work, but why not just throw the shell and use it as a grenade?

#3045 Proof Of Hasrbo Engineers Modding Their Guns

Posted by Grinch on 06 April 2003 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I would like to know if he has an email, too. Imagine those guys-they probably can get all the free Nerf guns they want! Oh, and Hasbro isn't in Cincinatti, it's in Pawtucket, Rhode Island.

#3070 All Ammo Barrel

Posted by Grinch on 07 April 2003 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

cxwq had a good idea but just by taking a tacking nail, nail it through the back of the barrel. Now, there is a metal bar there preventing a dart from being sucked back.

#3369 Dringing

Posted by Grinch on 13 April 2003 - 08:43 AM in Off Topic

JT, I kinda agree with everybody else, a car for $100 will really be a piece of shit. Half of those cars being sold are STRICTLY being sold for their parts. My dad recently sold his 1995 Dodge Neon with a busted A/C for $2000. Then, he bought a used Mercury Sable for $6000, AFTER bargaining with the dealer.

I can't wait to get a car. JT, my dad also wants a 65-66 Mustang, but since we can't afford one, I spent a week with him modifying his car. We sawed off the silencer cone, made a homemade Air-Intake System, and installed a K&N Performance Fileter. With a 24V DOHC, it runs pretty sweet.

Oh, and if anybody here lives in CA, check out this DMV link. You can choose the letters for a personalized plate and see if it's been taken. I recently learned the "Nerf" is still available.

And also, since 65-66 Mustangs are hard to come by, just wait until 2004-2005. Ford's new Mustang will greatly resemble the old sixties models with fastbacks and round headlights. I'll try to post a pic, but if it doesn't work, go to this link.

Posted Image

#3452 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 14 April 2003 - 03:59 PM in Off Topic

I would love to show up wearing all black and a pair of these.

EDIT: Woah ho! They have a whole collection over here!

#3693 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Grinch on 20 April 2003 - 08:13 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, Gamecube kicks. PS2 is horribly outdated, and it's graphics suck. XBOX has some signature games, but most of their games you can buy on PS2 and Gamecube also. From what I've seen, Gamecube has the most games that are only for Gamecube. And the controller is so damn comfortable. That whole "kiddy system" crap is stupid. We have a ton of kick-ass games: Resident Evil, Zelda, SuperSmash Bros. Melee, etc.

Gamecube is most compatible, user-friendly, and fastest loading system out there. Of all of it's features I only see one downfall. With PS2 and XBOX you can burn games. Alas, with Gamecube it's impossible.

#3736 At2k Mod

Posted by Grinch on 21 April 2003 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Ok, I've been having quite some trouble with my AT2k. Right out of box, it sucked. Some barrels on the rotating device leaked. So, I've decided to chuck the rotating device and single barrel it. So, this is the mod I'm gonna do-it's Webbzter's, I believe.

1. Glue a 1.5" piece of 1/2 CPVC to the air tank
2. Glue a 1/2 CPVC coupler to that
3. Attach a 6" barrel of 1/2 CPV to the coupler

With this mod, I hope I can remove the barrel, and put in the dart through the back. From what I've read, this is a breach load, but I'm not sure. My question is, are there any flaws? Is there something else I should do before or during the modding procedure? I just want to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

#3763 At2k Mod

Posted by Grinch on 21 April 2003 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

Well, brass and PETG aren't available in my area. So CPVC's my only choice. But, would PVC work well for single barrel? I've decided on not putting a stub onto that airtank. I'm just going to put the coupler directly on the tank, and fit the barrel into that. I only have micro stefans, though.

So, PVC or CPVC?

#4002 Life...

Posted by Grinch on 25 April 2003 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

I don't know if this counts, but I installed an internal CD R/W drive into my computer. And, on my dads car, I sawed off the silencer cone to make a homemade air intake system.

#4052 Avatars

Posted by Grinch on 27 April 2003 - 03:42 PM in Site Feedback

Y'know that computerized image of the EaB you made for Gunned Down? Well, could you make me a (I know this sounds complicated) PVC multibarreled 1500 New style?

#4087 My Site!

Posted by Grinch on 28 April 2003 - 03:55 PM in General Nerf

Here's my Nerf site! I'll be adding more soon. Post your comments here.

Check it out right here!