mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#234963 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 June 2009 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

My latest clusterfuck:
Posted Image

Pm me with any questions, don't expect a write-up. I did this without taking any pics on the way, I had no clue it was gonna work until about 20 minutes ago.

IMPORTANT EDIT: DO NOT attempt this modification if you don't have SF internals that look something along the lines of this:
Posted Image

#248209 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 August 2009 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Hey everyone. I was suspended for two months, but I was by no means inactive during that time. Here is what I was working on, minus my rear loading 1500, a mega missle, and some other small stuff:

Posted Image
Rear loading, spring replaced. Went to Merzlin.
Posted Image
Single'd, PETG'd LS with AT2k. Painted with games workshop paints. LS gets 85-90ft flat, 2k gets maybe 10ft less.
Posted Image
Angel breeched. This is an outdated photo, this one is now pump action. Used it at SCANO2. Gets anywhere from 85-95ft. I have hit 120ft with it on one occasion, I have not been able to do it again.

Posted Image

Shitpas. CPVC coupler. Plunger draw extended. Pullback. Xbow spring addition. Meh. I don't really use it, but it hits around 100ft.

#262796 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 January 2010 - 10:42 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

My RFDG. PERFECT plunger tube/turret seal. To do this, I dipped the end of the plunger tube in boling water and ripped out the rubber stock seal and gooped a ring from a foam disk shooter ammo thing to the plunger tube.
BBB+Stock springs. The bar going down the middle was replaced with threaded rod and two nuts, thus doing away with the need for pushnut fasteners, which I can't find near me. 3 rear loading holes, upgraded trigger springs etc. Gooped the rotation gears together.
10 inch CPVC barrels, drilled out with a 1/2 inch bit. Fits Rona/CT foam very nicely.
The white things on the side are ammo holders, right next to the rear-loading holes to make it faster to load.
Ranges: 93-97ft flat shooting 12 shots. Pretty consistent.

#149878 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 April 2008 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

My latest mod. I'm not sure when I'll get around to posting a writeup. I don't even know what this thing is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

That thing looks like a do-it yourself abortion kit from the 1960s. I bet you hook it up to an airtank.

#180143 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 September 2008 - 01:17 PM in Homemades

Killakit, you do realize that that post was 3 years old don't you?
Slice: Is that a rev 2 +bow?

#136518 Lancer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2008 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

You are truly an ispiration. I don't mean to suck up but you have been the motivation behind most of my mods. Great work once again.
Im almost done my version of your doomsayer :D Petg arrived 2 days ago, just finished the turret.

#163622 Nerfhaven Modification Directory

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 July 2008 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

If you think this is harsh, stop whining and go over to HQ once they get their connection problems fixed. They tolerate stuff like that over there.
Oh FA_24: I posted a mod for a SS1 a while back, could you add it? It was intitled My first contribution I believe.

#133963 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

MAke sure the bolt sled assembly is completely pressed into the form fit plastic grooves.

Yep now I got it to work. I cut down a trigger plate spring from my broken :angry: sharpshooter 2 and slapped it in. Cocks fine but now the clip wont go in straight....
Any advice would be welcome will post pics soon

#133993 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2007 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

ok now I have a new problem. Sorry for being such a n00b but I got validated yesterday. I cannot load my clip because it is getting caught on the bolt. When I cock it fully I can still see the bolt in the jam window. I think I have re installed my plunger chamber wrong but im not really sure. I pmed CS to see if he could help but no reply yet.
Thanks for reading my nooby posts.

#133869 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 December 2007 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

When I put my new LS back together, the arm that goes into the chamber that loads the dart keeps getting stuck on it. Any advice anyone on what I did wrong?

#163204 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 July 2008 - 11:26 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

Name: Gemini
Mods Done: Most of this was done by Team_Slaya before I got it but here it is: LvL 4 reinforcement DT3 spring etc. Telescoping brass barrel, nested in sch40, in PVC coupler. I really went crazy on the reinforcement because I have wanted an xbow for so long and want this one to last me a while. I have 2 layers of galvanized steel plating protecting the spring rests, and metal pins glued in behind them. 2 nails are glued in the plunger rod under the catch to reinforce that. Foam on the plunger head.
Integrations: None as of now, maybe a SM1.5K later on.
Comments: My first, and probably last xbow. I got it from Team_Slaya for 40 bucks, as it was a bit beat up, and the plunger head was shrivelled up. To fix this I used a lot of etape, some FBR, and a lot of silicone lube. As you can see, I covered the whole thing in etape, as there was a lot of glue on the case that I couldn't get off. It turned out really well, and I think it looks good. I use a mini bungie for extra power. The little ring of CPVC on the trigger is to make the trigger more comfortable to hold, and is an easy alternative to rawray7's method of shortening the trigger pull. The xbow is called Gemini because I only use it with the two SM750s pictured, which my friend nicknamed castor and pollux, the two twins in the constellation Gemini. The xbow is my primary, the Sms are my sidearms. The xbow gets about 90ft avg. Flat, and the Sms about 75 ft flat. Im very happy with it.

#204763 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 04:34 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Name: Stumpy

Mods done: Level 3.5. I did all the reinforcements you would do for adding a DT3 spring, except I replaced it with a arrowstorm spring. I reinforced the spring rests with metal, glued nails behind them. Shaved down pencils were used to reinforce the plunger by the previous owner. The band decals were the previous owner's too. The red highlights were me. I replaced the plunger tube as per Splitlip's write up.. It has a universal coupler on it now, which means it will accept any barrel, provided it is a piece of CPVC or it's nested in PVC.

Comments: My second xbow. I got quite a deal on this one. The front was sawed off because of an incident involving the previous owner's brother, a pile of laundry, and said brother's ass. It doesn't look that bad. I am looking for a new shell, because I am unable to integrate the 2k I speak of below. If you have one, Pm me. It is in sanddown mode, because the PJ was peeling off, but it has at least 9 coats of games workshop paints on it, so it's gonna take a while.
This isn't it in it's current state. I have bungies on (3 of them) instead of the surgical tubing. I am integrating a 2k as we speak. I used it at massacre 2, and got some paint chips from being shot in the gun. Im fixing that too.
Ranges: 65ft with no bungies
73ft with 1 bungie
79ft with 2 bungies
84ft with 3 bungies.
After the plunger tube was replaced, I was getting 130ft flat with an arrowstorm spring and 2 bungies. That went down though, and Im not 100% sure why.
Here is another cool pic of some of the band logos:
Posted Image

#248211 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 August 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: Not so stumpy anymore!
Mods Done: Level 4, fully reinforced with putty, metal, wood, you name it. Universal coupler, stock PT with washer behind plunger head. Usually use a 9/16 barrel but I don't need to have it coupler'd because it vaccum loads quite well.
Integrations: . 2k as we speak
Comments: I got a new shell for my old crossbow, Stumpy. I re-did the internals, scrapping the replacement PT, new spring, reinforcements, and now soon to be a 2k. I have been having endless problems with it. The coupler never stays on, even with JB weld and epoxy putty together. It has come off a good 4 times now. Ranges also suck. Maybe 75ft with two bungies. I have tried a variety of barrels, nothing helps. I'm gonna throw in a replacement plunger tube and see if that helps

#160890 The Vulcan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 June 2008 - 02:16 PM in General Nerf

I saw in Commander Cody's link that it fires 3 darts per second. That is a hell of a lot faster than the videos show. I wounder if that is just a sale's pitch, or if it has more than two settings (single and auto).
It does say that it is "piston powered", which makes it sound like a plunger gun definitely (Badger)
I can't see how a flywheel gun can be in anyway translated to "piston"

#141407 The Vulcan

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 February 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I hope it doesn't shoot like the mech tommy 20. Very unreliable ranges. My cousin has one.
If it does, I will not buy it at all. Huge waste of 40$. Buy a chainblazer or rototrack.
On the plus side, this thing will have a great ROF, obviously, and the chains look like you can connect them, making a rain of darts down on your target. With screamers, pretty damn intimidatin.
Thanks

#164513 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 July 2008 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

Oh my god. That thing looks amazing. And Gforce shut up, stop rubbing your vulcan into everyone's faces, and bullshitting about ranges. Splitlip, that is really good that you have figured this gun, which looks really complicated, out without a write up. I have been modding for a year now, and would have had no clue where to start, and would have waited for someone else to post something first. Congradulations on taking the initiative.
I want one bad, but the recon didn't come out in stores near me until late april/early may, so it will be a while. A spring replacement would really help. I guess that if you got a spring 3x as strong, it would increase the ROF to about 1 shot a second, which is still really good for a weapon that I guess might equal gforce's BS ranges.

#164533 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 25 July 2008 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

Wow that is dissapointing. <_< . Not to criticize you splitlip but I think you must have put something in wrong. The video of some kid firing a stock vulcan shows the darts going about 25ft. I want to see more before I give up entirely. Still great job opening it up and doing all those things.

#199951 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 December 2008 - 12:20 PM in Modifications

Ive used superpex for breeches, it was easy to cut with a kitchen knife, being so soft.
ABSOLUTE best place for fishing weights IMO is Walmart. They are having a sale: 0.59$ for a pack of 3/0. I bought like 15. They aren't that expensive when they aren't on sale, 1$ for a pack of 40.
Home depot is now not carrying 1/2 inch PVC. I need to go to Rona (canadian hardware store) for it now. Home depot keeps knocking things off their list. First 1/2 inch FBR, CPVC, and now PVC.

#198091 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 December 2008 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

u can get PETG by ordering it from One Man Clan's

i think its $.50 per foot and $3 for shipping

Common knowledge right there.
CPVC has oddly dissapeared from my local home depot. Anyone else have this problem? The guy there said they weren't carrying it anymore.

#260675 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 January 2010 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

I don't think it specifically says "thinwall" on it, but I use Genova Flowguard brand CPVC. It has a larger inside diameter than other types I've tried. I find it at Lowe's.

Chances are, it will not be labeled as thinwall, yeah. You just have to test it. It might depend on what kind of drill bit you use too, perhaps the drill bit I used was not the best one for the job.

You need to use one of the lower end 1/2 inch bits, not the ones that are wavy. Yes, the wavy ones are MUCH easier to use, but they really cut up the inside of the CPVC, to the point where it starts hurting ranges and accuracy.

You want one that looks like This and not one that looks like this.

#260602 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2010 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

I just tried Cheezy's advice on the CPVC, it worked great. No uneveness. I can now make a CPVC RFDG that actually works with foam I have.
Now time to go drill out 12 10 inch long pieces. Joy.

#199760 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2008 - 11:58 AM in Off Topic

Lynx: What is wrong with this thread? It's in off topic, and it's a good way to find people to play on live with.

Gamertag: IPWNOOBZ
Games played:
COD WaW. Guns: PTRS, Type 99, KAR98, Gewher, PPSH, Magnum.
COD4 (not often)
Rock Band

I don't own many games, but I tend to play them for ages before getting bored.

#256620 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 November 2009 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to go play some MW2 TDM in the next few minutes... ANyone wanna play? Add me my GT Is IPWNOOBZ.

I have some friends who are obsessed with L4D, and sound a lot like cheez up there. It is not that awesome. You guys really need to play nazi zombies. Much better.

#231700 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 May 2009 - 02:35 PM in Off Topic

Nevermind, Admin, please delete.

#134230 Doomsayer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 December 2007 - 08:17 PM in Modifications

I have a question. I modded a LS as my first gun (BBB spring added, no air restrictors removed.) It works fine. Do you think that I am capable of doing a version of this mod? It looks really cool and not too hard but my local bass pro shops charges 32$ for it so I don't really want to attempt it if I am going to just end up throwing it out.
Thanks.

#134445 Doomsayer

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2007 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

I could drill the Ar's out, but I don't have a dremel. Will be borrowing my friend's for this mod.

#250199 Raider Cs-35: Overview / Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 September 2009 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I was thinking of trying that. What I might end up doing is sawing the tube open then supergluing the thing together. Might try the heated thing first though. Also got to brass up the barrel of the thing too. What springs are recommended for it and where is the best place to buy them?

A spring from a RFDG works well. You can buy RFDGs at Cabela's or BassPro shops.

#164760 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 July 2008 - 08:49 AM in General Nerf

SM750
xbow
marvelous salvo (in mail)
NF
Recon (brassed)
DTB
BBBB
Thats all.

#190641 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 November 2008 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

Lemme see......

4X AT2K. One singled, one RSCB'd, 2 stock, one integrated into my pump shotty, I guess I have 5 then.
2X SS2. Air powered CANNONS. Get insane ranges
1X Arrowstorm.
1X 1st Gen NF
2X Recon (In pieces, salvaged clips and springs)
1 SM750
1 ERTL pump shotty, 2k integrated
1 SS1- 70ft.... meh.
1 SM3000- Bone stock

#193468 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 December 2008 - 07:53 AM in General Nerf

My arsenal is constantly changing:

1 xbow
2 ERTL PAS
2 1st Gen NF
1 DTB
5 AT2K
1 Arrowstorm
1 SM3K.
1 SS1
1 BBB
2 AT3K.
1 EAb, gets like 20ft...
Thats it for now..

#175598 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 September 2008 - 08:23 AM in General Nerf

Solid arsenal, fishcake. Nice 2.99$ xbow. I have NEVER found any guns at value village, or the salvation army that I visit every week.

I have now:
1 LS, Ar removed, angel breech in process
1 AT2k (PETG)
1 X-bow (PETG, bungies, plunger tube replacement on way)
2 Recons (for shits and giggles, not much else to do with them)
1 singled SM1500
1 Secret shot 1, CPVC coupler, gets INSANE ranges.
1 DTB, ARs removed, NF spring added.
1 Stock NF.

Oh Blackfox: You have my dream arsenal, you have all the guns I want and have ever wanted. I envy you to no end.

#168427 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 August 2008 - 01:08 PM in General Nerf

While this is bumped, time to show off my tiny arsenal.

1 xbow with SM1.5K integrated.
1 SM750
1 BBBB
1 DT3 arrow shooter
1 recon
1 SS1
1 Busted RFR
1 DTB
1 NF
1 Marvelous salvo that hasn't arrived yet, will go onto my xbow.

#159178 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 14 June 2008 - 06:16 PM in General Nerf

I have:
1 Buzz Bee Big Blast (coupler'd my outdoor primary)
1 Supertoothmaxx
1 DTB/NF integration. DTB AR's removed, NF spring, NF has brass barrel.
1 Secret shot 1 (Coupler'd)
1 Sharpshooter 1 (kinda busted)
1 DT3 battle pistol (CPVC barrel)
1 DT3 arrow shooter (Coupler'd)
2 SM750s, couplerd. (One in mail)
1 LnL (in mail as of tomorrow)

That is my whole meager collection. I need more. I should probably buy some in the near future.

#220438 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 March 2009 - 11:01 AM in Homemades

I think I just JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

Way to go everyone, stealing my idea.... Check out my first post in the tread.

Anyway, Slug, I came up with a few questions:
1. I noticed there was no spring rest reinforcement. I couldn't tell if your new plunger setup bypassed the need for them, or what, but if not, I would HIGHLY suggest reinforcing them. It may not be as pretty opening up the gun, but it's hella worth it.
2. Due to the unique vocabulary used in the write up, I was unable to tell whether you used any type of glue/solvent/adheisive of any kind to attach the SF. Is it all held on by the bracket?

#220420 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 March 2009 - 06:46 AM in Homemades

WOW!!! I can't believe I didn't see this a few days ago. This is spectacular. It makes my xbow, which I have put probably 10 hours of work into, look like a hunk of decaying plastic that somehow gets 120ft. I can't believe you COMPLETELY RE-MADE THE INTERNALS!!
I like how you affixed the SF to the xbow without piles of hot glue. Very clean.
I hope to be shot with this someday.

#176599 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 September 2008 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

I can really vouch for this guy. Before reading his flickr guide, I had no clue how an angel breech worked. Now I have a fully functional one. Thanks a million, Hereticorp, you are amazing.
Oh I love the PJ too.

#281266 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 July 2010 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

Damn it's been a while....
This thing looks friggin amazing.
SgNerf: I was wondering if you could give us an idea of the size of the plunger tube. Is it similar to a longshot's? It looks smaller to me, but it's hard to tell, not having anything familiar for reference.
I may start up again, just to use this thing.

#164657 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 July 2008 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

In the sixth picture it looks like your barrel is angled downwards.

#214698 Doubleshot Mod Write-up

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 February 2009 - 04:14 PM in Modifications

what did you use to cut it.

In the future, you may want to refrain from posting in topics that are more than 2 months old, let alone 2 years. This is called Necroing, and it is bad. If you want, Pm the author of the topic. If you necro repeatedly, an admin will likely suspend you, maybe even ban you.
Hope this helps.

#224730 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 April 2009 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

That was great! I put the thing on my Ipod and listened to it during double math. It really helped it go by, now I don't have to go through another double math period for 2 weeks :lol:. There were some really funny moments. I particularily liked the Youtube comments. Crumpit?

EDIT: Thanks Cranky. I get those confused all the time.

EDIT#2: I think a good idea for the next one is to minimize gun fiddling/firing during the podcast. It made it a little hard to hear/concentrate on what was being said sometimes. Sounded like someone was dry-firing a crossbow at one point: I cringed.