Shadowblade's Content

There have been 378 items by Shadowblade (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#279871 Absolutely Free Crossbow. I Decided To Give It Away...

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 July 2010 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

You dumbass. If you're going to do a Rick Roll of some sort, at least change the link name. Everyone can see the Youtube address.

Trolls ahahaha.

#268693 Wincno

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 March 2010 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

What the heck, put my name on the list. I'm about 80% sure I can make this. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already had me listed by default! Haha

#263626 Winter Seno: The Squeakquel

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 January 2010 - 11:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, academia has decided to be a bitch for the 27th. I have competition that day and will be out of town. The rest of LoS should be around though...I'll see to it that we are represented at this war.

#261603 Winter Seno: The Squeakquel

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 January 2010 - 05:59 PM in Nerf Wars

LoS: sound off.

Damn, called us out haha. I'm a no-go for the 13th. I have a much better chance for the latter two dates.

I'll get with the others and see what up because I definitely want at least one of us to be there.

#261602 Smith & Wesson 1911 Style Foam Dart Gun

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 January 2010 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

What's up with all the brightly colored paint jobs now a days.

It's not nerf if the blasters aren't ridiculously colored or turned into alligators ;).

#260961 Winter Seno '09

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 January 2010 - 05:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Might as well recap too, even though I only played one round haha.

Highlights:
-Actually nerfing after 6 months in hiding. Great feeling!
-Checking out the new hardware. SE Nerf's come a long way.
-Seeing old faces and meeting a few new people.

You know what? Even though I was only there for 30 minutes and only played one round, just being there and seeing people (who would otherwise be total strangers) come together for the sole purpose of trading foam and having fun makes me really warm and fuzzy on the inside. You can bet I'll be back on the field when spring comes around. Until then, nerf on!

#260103 Winter Seno '09

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 December 2009 - 04:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess I should break my vow of silence haha. E's right, I won't be around for this SENO unfortunately. Don't write me off though, I'll be back.

However, I am selling two of my primaries to anyone who wants them at the war. If someone buys, I will arrange for the blasters to be delivered at the war. You guys have first pickings before I put up a trading thread.

-LBB: excellent condition, singled, 1/2" cpvc, 12" dogbone 1/2"cpvc nested in 1/2"pvc barrel, red iron sight hotglued to front (asking $15)
-LS: good condition, AR removed, post still in, 5 magazines included (one is a little faulty), all streamline darts I have left also included (asking $20)

If you are interested, please drop me a PM so we don't spam this thread. We can negotiate over PM.

I hope the war goes well! Viva la SENO.

#250744 Fall Seno 2009

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 September 2009 - 10:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright people, it's that time of year again when the weather (finally) starts to cool down and the summer Nerf season comes to a close. Fall SENO 2009. Let's make this happen. 'nuff said.

What: Fall SouthEast Nerf Outing

When: TBD by majority vote

Up for consideration:
Oct. 3
Oct. 10 (SAT weekend)
Oct. 17
Oct. 24
Oct. 31 (Halloween)
Nov. 7
Nov. 14 (SAT weekend)
Nov. 21
Nov. 28 (Thanksgiving Weekend)

Where:
Langford Middle School
3019 Walton Way
Augusta, GA 30909-3470

>> Pictures of Playing Field <<

-----------------------------------------------
What to bring:
- At least one primary
- At least one secondary (springers if you want to do Gunslinger)
- Plenty of ammo
- Liquids (water is recommended)
- Packed lunch/snacks (if you don't want to leave for lunch)
- Appropriate clothing (weather may be a little chilly)
- A good attitude and a desire to have fun.

House-keeping things:
- Banned weapons: Plugged Titans, Plugged-singled BBBBs/LBBs and the like, outrageous homemades, converted airguns
- Other iffy weapons should be mentioned to myself or Zaxbys. Weapons will be checked on the field. Bring a back up primary if you are not sure.
- Please park in the back parking lot of the school (near the field).
- Please clean up after yourself.
- We will be doing periodic dart sweeps. Don't steal other people's ammo.
- Don't be a douchebag. Simple enough.
- Nerf your heart out.

Attending:

Maybe Attending:

Not Attending:
Shadowblade: Oh the irony. I made the thread but I'm not attending. SNAPbow and company are retired until I get over this little bump in life. Fear not, {LoS} will be represented so carry on. I will return.

May the Nerf gods be with you and may your foam fly true. In the immortal words of Groove the Bad Ass, "Nerf on."

EDIT: Woot woot! Post #400.

#249757 Fano

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 September 2009 - 04:26 PM in Nerf Wars

My Nerfing season is over with until next spring so I can't make this war. I will, however, let all of the Augusta people know about this. Good luck and happy nerfing!

#246739 Happy Birthday Omc

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 August 2009 - 03:26 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday!

#245753 South East Nerf Wars?

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 August 2009 - 07:01 AM in Nerf Wars

is there any nerf wars in georgia or south tenn

As NerfRogue83 has posted, we just finished Season of Foam - Augusta this week and there is a war about to happen in Florida. Georgia plays host to the bi/tri-annual SouthEast Nerf Out which is held either in Augusta or Savannah. If you are interested, keep checking the Nerf War Schedule for updates and new wars.

EDIT: And this is the SEARCH function Talio kindly alluded to. Use it. It helps a lot. Talio was surprisingly nice.

#245524 Sofa Recap Thread

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 August 2009 - 08:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha, flyingchicken, it looks like I'm about to lick my SNAPbow. It was that good ^_^ . And that is a very good picture of NerfRogue83 and Groove. That HAS to go in the SOFA vid.

Wow...Groove really CAN levitate. Good sir, you're gonna have to add that skill to your nerfing resume.

And now for the million dollar picture. Two Gurus and a working and very effective Longshot.
Posted Image

Other pics (warning: Picture Heavy!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#245422 Sofa Recap Thread

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 August 2009 - 10:34 AM in Nerf Wars

Lessons Learned from SOFA:
- LSs, when modded correctly and work correctly, can hold their own very well.
- RSCB clips are underused. I am now a firm believer in their effectiveness and steady ROF.
- Maximum range really doesn't matter as Rogue stated above. I scored 99% of my kills from 70ft and below. ROF and accurate darts are more important than hitting 120ft.
-Nerf is an amazing sport.

#245320 Sofa Recap Thread

Posted by Shadowblade on 03 August 2009 - 04:19 PM in Nerf Wars

It's funny to think that I'm writing this as the war is still in progress, but because I had to leave early and now I have access to my computer, I'll go ahead and get this thread going. :lol:

Overall, in the four hours I was there, I think this may have been one of the best southern wars yet. We got PLENTY of nerfing in before I had to leave. It's unfortunate that I couldn't make it back out due to some other obligations, but what's done is done. I can't wait to see the pictures and videos for this war. VIVA LA SOFA!

Pros:
+ Nerfing for the first time in ages.
+ Nerfing with some really cool people.
+ Seeing some old faces as well as meeting new people.
+ Groove being able to make it down here to play with us.
+ Witnessing the power of two Gurus on the field at the same time.
+ Being able to see in person some of the guns posted here on NH.
+ My RSCB'd SNAPbow performing extremely well.
+ My RSCB clip saving my butt multiple times and earning me a 4-kill streak during the first TDM.
+ Testing the new field. I think I like this one better than Garrett.
+ Earning the new nickname "Tamanator".
+ Nerfing

Cons:
- Good old Georgia weather...
- Inconsistent stefans. That's what you get when you procrastinate.
- Not being able to stay longer.
- Not being able to get back to the war.

How to improve future wars:
- FIND MORE NERFERS! Haha, there's gotta be more nerfers down here in the SE. Invite your friends! Show 'em what nerf really is.

I want to thank you everyone who came out for SOFA and survived the brutal heat and humidity for the sake of nerf. I hope to see many of you again at other events. If you haven't heard already, this war may have been my last war for a while because I need to focus on college and whatnot. I will jump right back in if the forces that be permit me. It was a pleasure nerfing with a group of great people. Hit me up if you see me stalking the site haha. I'll be around ;) .

#245214 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 02 August 2009 - 06:05 PM in Nerf Wars

First post updated.

Due to unforeseen happenings, I will be leaving early around 2pm. I may or may not make it back in time for the ending but we shall see. The rest of the Augusta people will cover for me ;).

Predicted Weather Forecast:
High: 92
Low: 72
Isolated Thunderstorms
30% Chance of Precipitation
UV Index: 10+ Extreme (bring sunscreen!)

Shadowblade's Final Stefan Count: about 100

VIVA LA SOFA!

#245082 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 01 August 2009 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

We always have people filming and we usually have a video put together after the war's over. As for game-types, it is generally what the majority feels like playing. We'll play all of the standards of course.

@NerfRogue83: I've dropped you a PM.

Myster.E, based on your report, I say we're still a go. It looks like the weather is clearing up too.

High: 88
Isolated Thunderstorms
30% Chance of Precipitation.

Shadowblade's Official Stefan Count: still 50

VIVA LA SOFA!

#244943 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 31 July 2009 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Gotta start stefan production soon.....hey guys, try to make it to xtremejumpy's Sofa Cool-down War if you can :( ------^

Shadowblade's Official Stefan Count: ~50

High: 87
Scattered Thunderstorms
50% Chance of precipitation
UV Index: 10 Very High

VIVA LA SOFA!

#244775 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 July 2009 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright guys, I finally made it back into town.

To those who may need a primary, I have a spare coupler'd LBB with a 12'' CPVC barrel sitting around. I'll bring it just in case.

As per tradition:
Shadowblade's Weather Forecast
Predicted forecast for August 3rd
High: 90
Low: 71
Scattered Thunderstorms
50% chance of precipitation

#244774 Sofa-cool Down...

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 July 2009 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Aw poo :( ......I can't make this because school starts up the Friday before (which is retarded....).

Hope the war goes well!

#243848 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 25 July 2009 - 02:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Glad you two can make it Norther and Rogue. This will actually be the first time we've had a Floridian nerf with us in Augusta. It's an honor.

Norther, we may let you use T.I.M. at the war. We're pretty lenient on gun restrictions. Bring it anyway because I want to see it in person :D

#242988 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 21 July 2009 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

It's settled then, we play Langford and will move to Warren Road Park if we get kicked off.

Sad to hear about your group, xtremejumpy, and your brother, cmdrmack.

#242893 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 July 2009 - 05:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, we'll all meet at Langford and if something changes we'll all head out to Warren Road by convoy.

I have a gut feeling that the Garrett people at Forest Hills won't mind too much if we play there because Gabe and I are Garrett alumni. We'll see.

#242849 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 July 2009 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I really need to stop falling off the face of the planet.

@rork: Congrats on your employment! I'll move you to the maybes anyways. I'm absolutely sure we'll run into each other at some other war. Good luck!

@Cmdrmack: Hey, haven't heard from you in the while. Hope you can make it!

@Myster.E: Which backup site are we referring to? Forest Hills next door? or Warren Road?

#241792 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 July 2009 - 08:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I want to be decisive, so let's lock into Langford and see what happens. None of us have ever played Langford, so will be the field test. If all goes well, we might return to play it again.

VIVA LA SOFA!

#240387 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 July 2009 - 09:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Ian and I have been debating this issue. If the Langford staff has issues with us being on their property, we can just move over and play on the Forest Hills turf (since I don't think it's being used).

The current back-up site is Warren Road Park (but this is still pending).

#238205 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 23 June 2009 - 04:17 PM in Nerf Wars

First post updated. Pictures up.

@NerfRogue: It'd be an honor to have a Floridian turn out for this war. You'd be the first haha. Hope you can make it!

Here's the >> link << to GoogleMaps for the satellite view. It's a little outdated, but it will do.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Photos courtesy of Myster.E

#237417 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 19 June 2009 - 02:06 PM in Nerf Wars

First post has been updated. Pictures of the new field on the way. Viva la SOFA.

#237190 A Very Important Season Of Foam Update

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 June 2009 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

SOFA is still going to happen, on another date perhaps, but it will still happen. Any SE nerfers please refer to the SOFA Planning Thread for updates. It seems ASoN has volunteered to be our camera man (I'll probably strap a camera to my SNAPbow to help out too.)

I'll run into some of you west coasters eventually haha. Good luck with your educations and other endeavors. VIVA LA SOF!!! Nerf on :angry: .

#235795 When An External Air Source Becomes Cheap

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 June 2009 - 08:13 AM in General Nerf

Edit: Mainly I'm asking because of how the east cracks down on doomsayers, which I am all for. It would be great if someone who runs wars over there could also comment.

The SouthEast allows doomsayers on the field. Not sure about New England but down here, we're very lenient.

I don't know what the rest of my fellow southerners think, but I believe that if someone has put the time and effort to produce such a weapon as a doomsayer or HPA Magstrike, they should be allowed to use it, granted of course that it does not bring physical harm to other players (singled Titans). In a way, this encourages innovation in both weaponary and playing-style. Someone pops up with a doomsayer so everyone else sets forth to create an uber weapon of their own to fit his/her own playing style. It is no fun when everyone uses blasters that reach over 100' and the rounds become long-range standoffs. Hell, it'd be interesting to see how a HPA Magstrike would do down south, seeing as we have the range issue mastered but ROF is lacking.

Nerf is just like any other sport. It evolves as the players and the technology evolves. Half the fun comes from seeing newer, better weapons fielded and trying to make something even better (and the other half comes from actually nerfing <_< )

~Shadowblade

#235287 Seno 2009

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 June 2009 - 06:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for picking up the ball. I'm a no-go, seeing as I'll be in Valdosta for 6 weeks.

Ah come on! You never go to our wars. Well good luck in my home town.

Sorry about that veg, but I promise I will make it to one of the Savannah wars eventually. It's just all bad timing.

#234443 What Gun Do You Hate The Most?

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 June 2009 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

You.

/thread

AWWWWWW I hate you too. ;)

That wasn't funny at all. Renegade was hinting that this thread really shouldn't have been created in the first place. The Haven does not like "What Gun Do You Like/Hate The Most" threads at all. For future reference to all newer members, please do not start threads like this one, as they are neither entertaining nor beneficial to the NIC.

End thread.

#234141 Seno 2009

Posted by Shadowblade on 03 June 2009 - 03:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for picking up the ball. I'm a no-go, seeing as I'll be in Valdosta for 6 weeks.

#233597 Nerf General

Posted by Shadowblade on 31 May 2009 - 01:14 PM in Nerf Wars

A little searching goes a long way :o

Nerfers Database, courtesy of Langley

#233586 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 31 May 2009 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

First post updated.

As of right now, we are looking to play at Langford Middle School, which is about 10-15 minutes from our original site. Nothing is definite yet, but I will alert everyone when the planners have concrete plans.

#231212 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 May 2009 - 10:00 PM in Nerf Wars

WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM IN REGARDS TO THE AUGUSTA WAR.

I just got word from school officials that the school will be torn down starting this upcoming Friday for a rebuilding project. I am in the process of finding a new location for SOFA. Emergency PMs sent out.

@flyingchicken: I'm working on it as we speak.
:
:
:
V

#230138 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by Shadowblade on 14 May 2009 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

Please please please don't necro threads. If you have questions about the mod, PM the creator directly, do not post in the thread.

If you would like to show off that mod or any other mods/paintjobs, please do so in the Modification/paintjob thread.

#229897 The Coupler Frag Grenade

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 May 2009 - 08:13 PM in Homemades

You could try making itty-bitty stefans, like .5". A single copper bb should give the "frags" enough weight to fly a little further.

I wouldn't be throwing that at people however. Looks like it might hurt someone if you throw it too hard, so you may have to pad it a little. I second the video request. We may have something here to work with.

EDIT: RVMVTV beat me to it. Basically what he said.

#229800 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 May 2009 - 01:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes I realized that the 3rd is a Monday but the dates were set way back by the SOF Team. It's scheduled around their own plans so we can't do anything about it.

EDIT: Attending the "burial" ceremony for our former nerfing field. RIP Garrett Elementary and thank you.

#229483 South Seno; Canceled!

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 May 2009 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Bad news guys :(

I'm going to be in Tennessee for the entire week for some conference so I can't make it down to Savannah in time for this war. I can't believe I'm missing another Savannah war. I won't be around for Summer SENO so I guess I will see yall at SOFA. Nerf on (without me...).

#229077 Season Of Foam - Augusta

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 May 2009 - 07:30 PM in Nerf Wars

@jumpy: Glad to see some people from 'bama coming out for this one! Yes, we always have at least one HvZ round. I'll get those pictures up asap. I almost forgot haha.

First post updated with pictures. VIVA LA SOFA!