Applefury's Content

There have been 196 items by Applefury (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#200503 Very Noobish Question

Posted by Applefury on 02 January 2009 - 10:47 AM in General Nerf

Search.

It's actually quite obvious.

#248984 Scano 3

Posted by Applefury on 29 August 2009 - 08:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I will be there barring unseen events.

#197415 Ls Stefan Clips

Posted by Applefury on 20 December 2008 - 08:21 AM in Modifications

While were on topic of LS clips would it be possible to remove the peg of an LS and then just using real long stefans in your clip?

#250873 Extreme Wars

Posted by Applefury on 19 September 2009 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't understand why powerful weaponry isn't allowed at nerfing events. It's just foam, not like paintballs(I know some of you play) that make you bleed.

'Cause it's kinda lame taking shots at each other from 150ft away where no one actually wants to shoot 'cause they know if they do it will take them forever to reload.
EXTREME!!!!!!

#217684 Modded Bbbb Plugging Question

Posted by Applefury on 12 March 2009 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

You coming to massacre 3 MSDFS?

He is in Paris. So no.

#196882 The Bbt

Posted by Applefury on 17 December 2008 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

Nice, clean I like it, I never really liked how bulky the titan looked and I just found it an eyesore. I like the BBBB shell much better, good job!

#194297 Nerf 09

Posted by Applefury on 06 December 2008 - 10:56 AM in General Nerf

There were two speculation topics about this and they are just that, speculation.
Both of the topics were locked don't go there, until we can get it confirmed by Hasbro nothing is true.

#216325 Whick Lube For A Pas

Posted by Applefury on 04 March 2009 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

What ever you do, do not use vaseline! Pick Up some O-ring lubricant. I didn't think lubing a Pas was neccesary though.

#216347 Whick Lube For A Pas

Posted by Applefury on 04 March 2009 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

How does silicone lube ruin it? I was under the assumption that it was harmless. It does say " Protects Rubber"

#226111 Barrel Length Of Bbbb Rcsb Clipped?

Posted by Applefury on 26 April 2009 - 11:35 AM in Modifications

Hi i just made fixed my RCSB clip for my BBBB and i was wondering how long the cpvc barrel should be. It naturally should be fairly long because the BBBB has a large air output (almost as much as titan) but if was wondering if the 12" barrel i have is too long, right now it shoots as well as a singled longshot which is about 100' but i was hoping something similar to titan strength. Considering other people have been able to shoot about 130' with their BBBB i was wondering if my barrel too long? Or perhaps it is because it is an RCSB clip which has too much dead space. Also, the gun is not plugged for legality reasons.

By all means do what you wish but...
100ft and you want more? Especially with the ROF capabilities you are speaking of, why? I've seen you play, you're not the on who sits there trying to pick people off, your always moving around, rushing. If your going to be rushing then don't strive to make those ranges any better. Unless it is your goal to cause your opponents great pain.

#202297 Springs Help

Posted by Applefury on 10 January 2009 - 08:34 AM in Modifications

Mcmaster does not ship into Canada.

#237444 Angel Breech Question

Posted by Applefury on 19 June 2009 - 03:31 PM in Modifications

Follow hereticorp's assault rifle write up to the dot, except don't put tightening rings in the 9/16ths brass that has the half pipe cut out of it. Zap a gap a piece of 17/32 there instead, you will be good to go.

What the hell??
Didn't I ask you about this on IRC and you had a totally different answer.

#218644 Petg Question

Posted by Applefury on 18 March 2009 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Click me for petg thread.

#218655 Petg Question

Posted by Applefury on 18 March 2009 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

Oh, I had figured it would, as long as you sent the money and he acquires your shipping address you should recieve petg. Providing he has it in stock, you should probably PM him.

#206149 Air Xxl Bazooka Mod

Posted by Applefury on 25 January 2009 - 08:58 AM in Modifications

Banzai? My buddy recently picked up a banzai gun with the crank. Wasnt this, it had a 10 shot turret, the original darts flew about 35ft flat. After seeing this being from the same company I'm considering modifying his gun.

#200186 Less Than Satisfactory Maverick

Posted by Applefury on 01 January 2009 - 09:12 AM in Modifications

Yes I await pics as well, but from what you've told me, I ran into some similar problems.
1.) Make sure the plunger tube is pressed tightly against the turret pull that part sticking out of the plunger tube out a little and put it back then try again.
2.) Make sure your turret is rotating properly, It might be that you've somehow damage the rotational mech and sometimes the turret rotates and others not. Or not enough.
3.) Check that the remains of the A R's you cut out are in proper position.

That is all I can say without pix.

#198897 Big Bad Bow Diminished.

Posted by Applefury on 25 December 2008 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

It is a big bad bow so it doesn't have an o ring. But it does have a piece that did become dry. May seem stupid but I tried lubing it with vaseline. xD Anyways if thats the case do i need to go buy a special lubricant.

#198871 Big Bad Bow Diminished.

Posted by Applefury on 25 December 2008 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

^^ Refer to first post.

#198939 Big Bad Bow Diminished.

Posted by Applefury on 26 December 2008 - 09:09 AM in Modifications

Okay, thanks everyone.

#198860 Big Bad Bow Diminished.

Posted by Applefury on 25 December 2008 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Hello, I picked up a big bad bow a few months ago and have done various mods to it
Barrel Replacement (unisex coupler)
Spring additions ( Recon and Nitefinder )
Plungerhead reinforcements ( with washers )
Dead space eliminated
A R removal

The coupler kept falling off of the front of the BBB so I decided to Plumbers goop it on using a plumbers goop specifically for PVC. I waited for it to dry and it dried solid and it was sturdy. I tried to fire the gun and the darts didn't go neaerly as far with the same velocity as they did before ( I was hitting 90+ft ). So I tried different barrel materials and different stefans and I couldn't get the velocity back, I opened up the gun to see if anything was wrong and none of the sort, everything seemed in perfect working order.

Any ideas? The range has dropped from 90ft flat to 60ft flat.

Hopefully I described well enough, if any pictures are needed I can get in there and take em.

Thanks in Advance!

#206147 Longshot Question

Posted by Applefury on 25 January 2009 - 08:47 AM in Modifications

Thats most likely copper, brass is commonly found at Hobby Stores that sell RC cars and such, should be a few in your area.

Oh and, why would you reccomend doing an angel breech to a NEWBIE? No offense Nerf Special Forces but the Angel Brass Breech is very difficult and I doubt you can do it. You can try, but be willing to lose a longshot out of it. Another thing about the breech is that it requires lots of brass in many different sizes and it needs to be cut by a dremel with a metal cutting disk.

But if you want 95ft+ and wanna keep the clip Angel Breech is the way to go.

Attempt it at your own risk.

#221949 Extending Plunger Pull.

Posted by Applefury on 06 April 2009 - 06:50 AM in Modifications

For most guns, I wouldn't reccomend extending the plunger pull, just because your probably going to send the plungerhead flying off. Some guns however can have a larger plunger pull.

#195263 Nf Help

Posted by Applefury on 10 December 2008 - 06:45 PM in General Nerf

If you bought Petg from mod man, why wouldn't you buy fbr to make stefans aswell?

#198869 Big Bad Bow Diminished.

Posted by Applefury on 25 December 2008 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Okay well I didn't check the plunger tube should've, but i didn't. I would've done that thing you explained ( A Side Of Nerf ) but you see there is already a small piece of cpvc inside the tube. I thought of that. And no I didn't stretch my springs, I don't do that.

Ill check the plunger tube.

It is cold but just judging inside in a 40ft hallway the velocity has decreased greatly.

#218222 Pas Manual Chaingun Modification

Posted by Applefury on 16 March 2009 - 07:45 AM in Modifications

This is an amazing first mod! It performed extremely well at Massacre 3. It is faster than a speedloader with greater ammo capacity. It is like having a slightly slower Maverick with MUCH higher range.
Also you may wonder the stability of the mod but it held its own at the war, with him running around all day with it. The turret is heavy but secured well.
Once again, Great Job.

#214785 Ok I Really Need Some Help Here

Posted by Applefury on 24 February 2009 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

1.) Don't use taggers in PVC.
2.) You might want to try lube on the plunger head.

#225699 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 25 April 2009 - 09:18 AM in Modifications

...If all else fails you can just sell it to me :).

If all else fails, I'll replace with a 2k tank.

#226082 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 26 April 2009 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

I have this stuff that is called Loctite super glue for all plastics. It comes with an activator. Should I try and sand the tank a little bit and then apply this stuff?

#195094 At3ks At Walmart

Posted by Applefury on 09 December 2008 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

Whoa whoa, wait those were supposed to be Black Friday deals, you found it on a normal day?
Lucky Bastard :)

#226715 Last Stand [new Game Type]

Posted by Applefury on 27 April 2009 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

The problem I can see with this is that it would get extremely boring.
I remember at Massacre 2 I was on a team that made a bunker against 3 other teams and it was just so boring. Everyone just taking pot shots into the bunker.
Nerf is about moving and dodging, not sitting in a bunker holding off the other team. I mean whatever floats your boat but...I don't think this round will last very long at a Nerf War with impatient Teenagers

#225653 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 24 April 2009 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

Pictures wouldn't help, the crack is small enough it is hard to see without very good lighting. I'm going to attempt goop, but from my experience with awkwardly postioned leaks it probably wont work.

#225646 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 24 April 2009 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

So I picked up a SM1500 from value village today. Of course with my luck there is a leak. But wait, the leak is in a REALLY awkward position. Let me explain, Where the Tubing connects to the tank and where the firing pin is. Well, there is a miniscule crack there. I don't have any clue what to do.

I pump, as I pump I can hear all of my air rushing out the crack. Frustrating. I've checked it in water and that is the only leak.

So my question to the NIC, What the hell do I do?

#199968 Level 2 Singled Rfs

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 01:51 PM in Modifications

It's good but, still kind've impractical because providing both guns are singled and you use a flip breech on both where the RFS gets 90ft and 2k gets 80ft so basically you've got 4 shots of high range whereas if it was a turret you would have twelve. Thats just my thoguhts still on your specific singled RFS. But anyways nice job.

The only time I could and in your case single a RFS is when the rotational mech gets broken.

#200051 Level 2 Singled Rfs

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Just an idea for you A Side Of Nerf put the pump of the at2k in the pump of the RFS and that way the pump stroke of the RFS pumps the at2k once and then you can pump further times by just pulling back again.

#196058 Problem With My Bbb

Posted by Applefury on 14 December 2008 - 09:37 AM in Modifications

Welcome to the Haven

I can see two problems.
1.) Your darts are too loose for PETG
2.) Your seal is not very good unless you used something other than e-tape

I doubt your barrel is too long for I use an 8.5 inch cpvc barrel and I get 90ft+ ( Unless your using stock darts )

So here's my solution:
Use cpvc/brass, Make stefans and make a better seal.

#259735 Merry Christmas And Happy Holidays!

Posted by Applefury on 25 December 2009 - 10:36 AM in Off Topic

It's not Christmas in Canada, ours is the 28th. But Merry Christmas anyways.

#208266 Massacre 2 Videos.

Posted by Applefury on 31 January 2009 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome video, No mercy....that hurt.

No shooting under the barricades didn't count.

#221103 Ls Or Bbb

Posted by Applefury on 01 April 2009 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

What are the ranges like for a bbb with a simple coupler mod without upgrading the springs? I'm not nearly advanced enough to mod a longshot but I figure a simple mod for a bbb might be a fun way to spend a night or two.

With a simple coupler mod, AR Removal, Dead Space removal. I would see that getting 70ft, possibly 80.

The BBB will not work too well with petg, I know what foam you have, you will hate it with a petg breech. Either mod it for brass or for cpvc.

#208500 Massacre 2 Videos.

Posted by Applefury on 01 February 2009 - 12:51 AM in Nerf Wars

See the photo at the end there? That's the result of taking a doomsayer to the back after screaming "TAP TAP TAP!".

#208032 The Hellbringer

Posted by Applefury on 30 January 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

Everyone flaming just shut-up? Seriously, this guy posted the thread because he wanted comments on the gun and feedback. If it would have gone in the paintjobs thread, he couldn't get feedback on his gun there.

Yelling at this guy for posting this in his own thread will nto make your E-peen any larger.