ScoutsIX3's Content

There have been 18 items by ScoutsIX3 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#317192 Air Zone Crossbow Overhaul

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 19 June 2012 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

If I recall, doesn't the trigger work as the catch and wouldn't that make it really fragile?

You're correct, the trigger is also the catch. However, it is fairly beefy, so it shouldn't cause a problem, at least with lower-force springs/bungees.

I removed the arms and glued the front handle of a DTG around the trigger on mine. It works pretty well.

#306820 Longstrike tilted

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 02 November 2011 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

Do you have any idea how complicated making a longstrike pump action is? The shell is not conducive to such mods so extensive modification would be required.

#302846 Lanard Shotgun Mod

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 05 August 2011 - 10:36 AM in Modifications

Good, clear writeup. I only have one other comment. That screwdriver is a Torx screwdriver not a hex screwdriver.

#301919 A Nerf gun leads to serious charges for a Quincy teen

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 20 July 2011 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

Oh silly children. Odds are the guy was a lazy piece of shit and is probably pretty happy about getting to go on disability and the opportunity to sue someone.

How very, very cynical of you.

#301901 making an N-strike compatible wooden stock using Rhino - input needed

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 20 July 2011 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

Cool idea CNC-ing a wooden stock, I never would have thought of that.
I have made some custom wooden stocks , but just made with a jig saw and sanding paper.
Oh BTW love t he "StG-44" Recon.

Maybe he is not from America?

What does that have to do with it? That blaster looks so much like an AK-47 that it could get you shot just about anywhere. It's an interesting idea, but I think it makes blasters look far to realistic. I'll stick to plastic.

#301899 A Nerf gun leads to serious charges for a Quincy teen

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 20 July 2011 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

This made me laugh. Bassicly they did a drive by shooting with nerf guns, ran over a guy, then drove the car over a cliff...

That makes you laugh? You have a strange sense of humor. They put a hard working man out of work for months.

#301864 A Nerf gun leads to serious charges for a Quincy teen

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 20 July 2011 - 08:33 AM in General Nerf

I believe the assualt with a deadly weapon is referring(sp?) to the car that ran over the construction worker's leg. It's the only thing that could be considered deadly in the whole ordeal.

Correct. The assault with a deadly weapon refers to the car, but the assault and battery charge refers to the nerf gun incident.

#301836 A Nerf gun leads to serious charges for a Quincy teen

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 19 July 2011 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

I just saw a story on 7 News, Boston, about two teens who decided that it would be fun to shoot construction workers with nerf guns from their car. They hit one worker in the face, before driving away. The construction workers followed them to a parking lot, and in the ensuing confrontation, the driver backed over a worker's leg, breaking it. The teens were arrested and charged with assault and battery. The news anchor emphasized the nerf involvement.

Here's a link from another news service.
News Story

#300127 MP SNAP 2.0 Write up

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 18 June 2011 - 09:46 PM in Homemades

Very nice. Ditto to what Billy said: this will be my first homemade too. What is the yellow piece that you use for the trigger?

#300126 Nite Finder 3foot PT replacement

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 18 June 2011 - 09:44 PM in Modifications

Overkill is an understatement! But cool mod anyway! How exactly do you prime it? It seems like a 2.5 foot draw would be tough.

#299592 Another Recon Mod

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 09 June 2011 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

Just guesstimating here but I would suspect it to be around 60 feet? Also, do you have have any plans for reinforcing the plunger tube due to the fact that Recon's PTs seem to be prone to breaking

OrangeModWorks Stage 2 kit contains a plunger assembly and plunger tube machined out of aluminum.
Unleashed Performance Kit Stage 2

#299415 My BalloonFinder

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 06 June 2011 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

Another mod well done MIG. You are so creative in your mods that I never get tired of them. I have one question though. How do you have time to do all these mods?

#299403 DDTB - Double Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 06 June 2011 - 09:18 AM in Modifications

without a write up this thread may fit better in the mods/paintjob pics thread.

...And I would have had to left the triggers unattached to fire independently.

In the modification/paintjob thread you cannot really comment on and discuss the blaster. Pictures only!
And I connected the triggers because it would be terribly awkward to shift my hand up and down between the two triggers, at least for me. My hands are small, so I cannot pull both at the same time.

#299329 DDTB - Double Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 05 June 2011 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

I think it would be more useful with a draw-extended Nitefinder on the bottom,angled at 35 degrees without the linked triggers and stock because dtb's don't shoot very far or accurately, and the stock is just deadweight.

I personally loathe the awkward and ugly way that many people attach pistols to DTB's. It almost never looks very clean, and is usually awkward to use, especially when at an angle. I know that they are not accurate or very powerful, but if you read earlier posts I explain that is very fun to use. And I'm not running a marathon or climbing Everest, so I'm not worried about weight from the stock (and it doesn't even add that much).
Thanks for commenting!

#299176 My Sneakshot gets a transplant.

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 02 June 2011 - 09:35 AM in Modifications

Great mod, once again. As always, I envy both your free time and skill in integrations/parts replacements. I'm assuming that you'll be modding the stingray next. Am I correct?

#299046 DDTB - Double Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 31 May 2011 - 08:38 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the comments and keep them coming! I can't answer anyone right now (I'm in school, and not supposed to use forums), but I will this afternoon.

EDIT: Here are the answers.

Love your face censoring. other than that, awesome job on this.are the triggers connencted or can you still fire one at a time?

Thanks! The triggers are connected.

Awesome sauce. I like your idea for the connected priming bar-looks really comfy!

Thanks!

Very cool,
you should do a draw extension
for more range. :)

Thanks. I was planning on a draw extension once school is over.

That looks extremely fun. Practical? Maybe not. But fun? Hell yes.

Right! It's definitely not the most practical blaster, but it's hella fun!

He did that so that you could see how it looks when you wield it different ways.

Right.

#298796 My Scout Went to the doctor today

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 27 May 2011 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

Very nice mod makeitgo! I love your mods so far, and am extremely jealous of your mom and pop store with such a nice selection of springs.

#298795 DDTB - Double Dart Tag Blaster

Posted by ScoutsIX3 on 27 May 2011 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

Hey everyone! For my first post, I would like to show you pictures of my Double Dart Tag Blaster. I got the idea for this after I got an eBay lot of guns for Christmas that contained a bunch of DTB's. I was thinking about possible combinations and had the thought of combining two DTB's. So without further ado, I present my Double Dart Tag Blaster - The Ordinator!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I am currently attempting to finish the writeup, but school has so far stolen almost all of my free time.

Questions?
Comments?