NinjaBob's Content

There have been 64 items by NinjaBob (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#7502 Stefans Weights

Posted by NinjaBob on 30 July 2003 - 01:33 AM in General Nerf

I don't remember exactly what they were called, but they were pellets of some sort. I think they were BB pellets. They were shaped like this:

-----
| |
| |
| |

They worked more efficent than the other stuff I tried.

Damnit, it didn't come out right when I posted it. I'm going to buy some more soon, so I'll get a pic.

Strangly enough there called pellets, they are shot from pellet guns.

#8576 Max Shot Mod

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 August 2003 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

I've done this mode already to my maxshot, but I haven't been getting great ranges, what is the average with a 6in. cpvc barrel?

#8578 Nerf Is In Danger!

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 August 2003 - 08:45 PM in General Nerf

Nef is far from dead. It's that simple.

#8749 Give NH A New Tagline

Posted by NinjaBob on 26 August 2003 - 03:04 PM in Site Feedback

1. We're not antisocial because we nerf, we nerf because we're antisocial.
2. We can't afford paintball because we're to lazy for real jobs.
3. Nerf Haven, more flaming than at a gay pride parade.
4. Nerf Haven: The devil made me do it.
5. Nerf Haven: teaching adolescents how to curse.
6. Nerf Haven: Not related to Columbine.
7. Nerf Haven, bringing people of all types together ... geeks, and nerds alike.
8. Nerf Haven: Just because there grown men playing with toys doesn't mean there crazy ...... but there sure as hell not sane.
9. Nerf, coming out of the basements and moving into your face ... after adjusting to the light.
10. Nerf Haven: We're not crazy, we just twitch a lot.

#9016 Can It Be Done?

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 September 2003 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

It's used for aquariums, correct?

#9020 Can It Be Done?

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 September 2003 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

So, do they work for makeing home-mades?

#13550 Valve Blown

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 December 2003 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Are you kidding me? Have you really messed up your 5k already? The most likely possibility is that the valve is just misaligned if you didn't hear a loud "Pop". How many times did you pump it? Did it start to leak before you fired it. Like a slow leak, and then after you fired it, it just got worse? And do you think it was damaged before you got it, because if so I will complain to the guy that sent it.

#13993 Cracked X-bow Shell

Posted by NinjaBob on 10 December 2003 - 12:22 PM in Modifications

Try paper-mashay (I think that is spelled right). You can use chicken wire for strength, then rap it in the paper-mashay. Glue or tape it in place and there you go.

#13994 At2k Vs. At3k I'm A Newbie

Posted by NinjaBob on 10 December 2003 - 12:39 PM in General Nerf

Well, they are both great gun, but and either one would make a fine primary. Although the 2k is much easier to mod. It can get better range than the 3k, but the 3k has much better ROF. If your new though I'd suggest a 2k, if your really inexperienced or stupid single barrel it, other wise 4 barrel it.

#13999 Cracked X-bow Shell

Posted by NinjaBob on 10 December 2003 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

Paper mache? I dont think thats strong enough, even with the wire. Thanks though.

The stuff is atchualy very strong, but ok, it's your gun.

#14068 The Original Mod.

Posted by NinjaBob on 11 December 2003 - 07:20 AM in Modifications

I stated this on NHQ, but I still don't see how it gets ranges like your describing. You can't be measuring something right. The RF20's barrels aren't even that good, so I can't see it getting 60 with a perfect seal. It just sounds to me like your coming up with answers as you go along, to make it sound better than it is. I'm not saying your lying it just sounds "embellished". I like the idea, and I've thought about similar things myself. I'm currently working on using fast blast barrels, and 2k rotating barrels to do similar things. I really am not saying this in a harsh manner. I'm just saying what things are coming off as to me.

#14070 Cracked X-bow Shell

Posted by NinjaBob on 11 December 2003 - 07:41 AM in Modifications

Paper mache...now I think I've heard everything.

Got a new idea: Hardware cloth. Stuff is strong and easy to find.

Paper mache kicks ass, ok? :angry:

#14658 $3.00 Mod: Gets 60 Ft!

Posted by NinjaBob on 19 December 2003 - 12:44 AM in Modifications

That looks pretty cool, reminsent of a SM750.

#14660 Self-styled Enforcers, Apologists, And Haters

Posted by NinjaBob on 19 December 2003 - 02:00 AM in Site Feedback

I've been a member of this site for quiet a while. I didn't post for a very long time because most of the time the quality of the conversation wasn't the best. I read almost everything relevant, but I saw no reason to post. I have been a very active member on NHQ for about six months because it didn't have the kind of things your talking about. I've recently seen a change here, and it seems to be for the better.

#15043 My New Modded At3k

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Well, you might want to replay that pump with a larger one to compensate. I think you have a good idea, but I think you went over bored with the size. Also, one of your barrels is bent.

#15045 My New Modded At3k

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

Well, your either going to get the same results and need to pump more, or get worse results.

Why cant I get better results. Why does it always have to be worse. It could be better. :) this morning I tested how many pumps it took to fill up the tank and it took about 6.

Your crazy. Six pumps would never fill a piece of PVC that size. At least not with a stock pump. Are you sure you have air going into that tank? If you didn't punch a whole in that rubber piece in the goo meter then you wouldn't be getting air into the PVC.

#15046 Brass Barreled Ss1

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

That is almost exactly what I did to my ss1, I even cut off the case where you did. I liked it because I got ranges around 65 feet flat from waist high. I drilled out the end of the plunger tube and everything. I even told 2kmaster over at NHQ how to do it not to long ago.

#15048 Your Set

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I was useing a MS2K with single barreled SS1, but it proved to be far to unreliable. I'm now working my 1 of a kind modded 5k.

#15058 A-storm Troubles

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

OK, I just got a busted A-storm the other day and now I think I mean parts and maybe some advice. The barrels won't rotate. I can hear this part in the pic slipping off http://www.villageph...selected=691348 . I don't know what to do or why its doing so. I've tried replacing that spring on it with a stronger one, but it still won't work. Any advice or someone with a broken A-storm they're willing to part with parts to please post or PM me.
PS- Thats Janga's pic not mine, thanks Janga.

#15117 Sm 1500

Posted by NinjaBob on 27 December 2003 - 02:41 AM in Modifications

In my mind you ruined that gun.

#15147 Sm 1500

Posted by NinjaBob on 27 December 2003 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

I wasn't dissing shit. I just don't like the idea of a single barreled 1500. It's completely impractical for my needs, and it would be a gun I would not used as opposed to if it was multi barreled. So that's why I said in MY mind. I didn't like you gun, it's not like I kicked you in your balls. Although if you want that can be arranged. Now I'm sure your a very skilled modifier, and I'm sure you have plenty of experience. But don't post something if you don't want people to reply positively and/or negatively.

#15158 Ps2 For $20

Posted by NinjaBob on 27 December 2003 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

Look at me! I'm a real lucky SOB... sort of. I was at a flee market today, and guess what I saw for $20? Give up? It was a playstation 2. I asked the guy if it worked he said "mostly, it probably needs the lens cleaned," I checked the light came on every and thing. I knew that didn't necessarily mean it worked, but I figured it was worth a shot. Anyway, I took it to a friends tested it, it worked so I take it home. I hook it up, BAM! It won't read the disk. I try inserting a lens cleaning disk, but that doesn't work either. I pop off the top. (found out it was missing a screw, some other dumb ass must have opened it too). I clean the lens with a Q-tip and lens cleaner. Blow out some dust. Put it back together and now it won't power on. Can anyone give me some help?

#15395 My New Modded At3k

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 January 2004 - 10:54 AM in Modifications

Your simply not understanding are you? You may have a flux in range, 4 feet more or less here or there. That doesn't matter if your spending 20 minuets reloading that thing. Also, if you wanted to do a tank expansion. Why didn't you do a reasonable sized one? I mean how the hell long is that thing again? Think of the air like water. You fill all that space up with water. You pull the trigger, it opens the valve, the water is now excepting. The pressure pushes the dart out of the barrel, that is what you wanted. Now what good is it if after that happens, water is still coming out of the barrel?

#15405 Electronice Gun?

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 January 2004 - 12:49 PM in Homemades

Most hobby shops will sell these pistons that could work for what your trying to do.

#15565 Sm 5000 Help

Posted by NinjaBob on 03 January 2004 - 05:06 AM in Modifications

neg. epoxy, plumbers goop, glue etc. is all unsuitable for this job. hose clamp, go buy a hose clamp for vinyl tubing, you'll find it right next to the vinyl tubing. it's a little metal band that clicks tight with a screwdriver.

How does that work for thinner tubing that goes inside the hole not over it?

#15755 Tech Target Nested Brass By Ragornocks

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 January 2004 - 05:47 AM in Modifications

Very cool Raggs, congrats.

#15760 Next Nerf Series?

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 January 2004 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

I would really love to see any sort of an arrow shooting gun to emerge because we all know most guns originally made with shooting arrows (or other large projectile) in mind are good. Case in point, maxshot, crossbow, BBB, Arrowstorm, sm5k.

#15853 Busted Screw

Posted by NinjaBob on 06 January 2004 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

That won't work very well on most guns because it would be far to large to fit into the deep holes most screws on nerf guns are not on the surface of the case. Thats for like wood.

#15869 Broken 1500

Posted by NinjaBob on 06 January 2004 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

Ok, your going to have to replace a tiny little o-ring inside of it I believe. I had to do this with a 2k. But first try to lubing the inside.

#15984 An Interesting New Mod Site

Posted by NinjaBob on 07 January 2004 - 11:48 PM in Modifications

This is my new site where I plan on putting up all of my mods that I believe are original enough, and bring something to the NIC. Only mods that have something that really makes them stand out. I only have two mods up right now but that will change soon I hope given I can get my hands on a digital camera. Please check it out and give me some feed back. Oh, and make sure to look at my tricked out 5k. :wink:

http://www.freewebs.com/dwight000/

#15987 An Interesting New Mod Site

Posted by NinjaBob on 08 January 2004 - 12:56 AM in Modifications

Impressive site. It's obvious that you put a lot of work into actually getting some content up there before telling everyone about it.

Not to detract from the above, cause I really do like the site, but spellcheck is your friend.

Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. But yeah, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to spelling. Just think and be horrified at what it would look like if I HADN'T spell checked at all.

#16038 Tracer Dart

Posted by NinjaBob on 09 January 2004 - 07:03 AM in Modifications

Did you use any other weight in the stefens other than the airsoft bb?

#16048 Jet Squadron

Posted by NinjaBob on 09 January 2004 - 01:09 PM in General Nerf

I really don't recomend the Cyclotron. If I were you, I'd just stick it out until the release of nerfs 04 line.

#16541 Rapid Fire 2000, Or Airtech 20?

Posted by NinjaBob on 17 January 2004 - 12:44 AM in Modifications

It sounds to me like your loosing range and dependability in favor of loosing 1 or 2 pumps. It only takes me a split second to pump a 2k 3 or 4 times. The only thing that slows me down is showing a dart into the barrel after each shot. Not the 3 seconds it takes me to pump the gun.

#16562 Nerf Rad Teams

Posted by NinjaBob on 17 January 2004 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

You know, I never thought about it. But yeah, civil war tactics would work really well. The South first started using concealed sharp shooters in the civil war. From that came the modern American losers.What can I say? I'm a proud rebel. And remember kiddies, it's heritage, not hate. ;)

#16606 Broken Larami 1000

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 01:34 AM in General Nerf

You could try building another trigger using the broken one for a pattern. You can buy plastic to do so online or at hobby shops. I recently had to do something like that on an arrow storm.

#16609 Lanard Copying Nerf?

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 03:23 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image Is this what your talking about? If so its the Maximizer made by Matel (before it owned nerf I beleive)

#16610 Pvc Pipes

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 03:28 AM in Homemades

I think CPVC has an ID of somewhere between 3/8, and 7/16 but I know its not exactly 1/2. It usually has a slightly tighter fit than what is ideal, but as always, it just depends on your foam.

#16651 Nerf Rad Teams

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

:rolleyes: I never said that losers didn't exsist in other countrys. I can't very well say that sharp shoots in the US civil war led to the divelopement of losers in other countrys now can I?

#16660 Help With 750 Leak

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

There is a small O-ring around the pin inside the tank. It has either
A. It has dried up somewhat and you only have a small leak, and all you need to do is lube the O-ring up, and do so often to keep it from happening again.
B. The O-ring has ripped. You'll have to cut open the tank, and replace the O-ring. I've only done that on a 2k, and its not that hard, but the tank will leak again.
Those are the two major reasons for the their to be a leak, and the two known ways to fix it. I have had one other idea, but that has yet to be tested. That's where you lube up the pin REALLY well and then put silicone around where the pin leaves the tank. hopefully, the silicone will seal the leak, and the lube will keep the silicone from sticking to the pin so it'll still be able to move.

(edit- Most of what I said has alread been said while I was typing and forgot to hit the submit butten)