Funkii's Content

There have been 6 items by Funkii (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#23445 Putting A Lock N Load Back Together

Posted by Funkii on 04 April 2004 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

hmm, one last question for you all: I've seen in various places that a key ring is reccommended for cocking the gun after the top has been taken off, but I find that when the gun is fired the key ring flies off if it is still on the plunger. I can cock it with just my fingers but it's somewhat inconsistent and less than comfortable...

does anyone have any better ideas? I was considering some sort of rubber handle but I don't really have access to any rubber so I'm not sure if that would work.

#23462 Putting A Lock N Load Back Together

Posted by Funkii on 04 April 2004 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

rockin, that worked perfect, thanks

#23370 Putting A Lock N Load Back Together

Posted by Funkii on 04 April 2004 - 02:00 AM in Modifications

ah finally, thank you very much, I don't think I EVER would have figured this out, heh. I got it to work, now I just need to screw it back together, thanks again =]

#23368 Putting A Lock N Load Back Together

Posted by Funkii on 04 April 2004 - 01:36 AM in Modifications

I honestly must be missing something important, cause I really don't understand what you're trying to say. Can you try and explain in detail the way the catch (I'm pretty sure I know what this is, this is the orange piece of plastic with the little rectangular 'window' in it, right?) interacts with the plunger, and the plunger case, and also the main spring (I'm not sure about these terms, I'm assuming the plunger is the rectangular part with the rubber on the end and the little tail on the back that the spring fits over, and that the plunger case is the cylindrical part connected to the barrel with the hole in it for the catch). Also, I don't know what you mean by 'engages,' or what you mean by the ramp on the top of the trigger, as it appears to be flat on the top. The way I'm seeing it, pusing the catch up will only interfere with the spring more, I'm just not seeing how it's supposed to cause it to be released. I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a giant idiot, but I just can't seem to figure this out =/

Thanks a lot!

#23365 Putting A Lock N Load Back Together

Posted by Funkii on 04 April 2004 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure I must be an idiot, but I can't figure out how the trigger is even supposed to work. I can't figure out a setup for how pulling the trigger would release the main spring. I hope I'm being clear here, and I hope you can explain it =/.

#23314 Putting A Lock N Load Back Together

Posted by Funkii on 03 April 2004 - 07:06 PM in Modifications

I took apart my first nerf gun today (a lock n load), with my goal being to stretch the spring which is reported to increase the power of the gun. Well I took it apart and stretched the spring, but I can't figure out how to get it back together again in working order.

Here's pictures of what the inside looks like for reference.

Specifically, I can't figure out how to fit together the plunger with the main spring on it, the cover for the plunger, the trigger, and what he calls the 'catch spring'. Also, I notice a spring on one of the rods extending from the trigger, but I have only one loose spring on the outside, I'm assuming I must have lost it while opening the gun... is this necessary, and if so where could I find a replacement?

Thanks a lot for your help,
-Funkii