hoongfu's Content

There have been 229 items by hoongfu (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#320156 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by hoongfu on 08 August 2012 - 04:38 PM in Nerf Wars

September:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22971]1st [PA] Philly War[/url]

#337313 2014 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by hoongfu on 26 February 2014 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

April:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24827] 12th [PA] Philadelphia Nerf War[/url]

#340258 2k pump replacement

Posted by hoongfu on 11 July 2014 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

A few days ago I was working on a 2k and i broke the stem off of the pump. I was wondering is anyone new of a good replacement or had one they would be willing to sell?

I have one I can sell you. Whats your zipcode? I'll sell it for $1 and the cost of shipping.

#328098 3D printed Wye on a Snapbow

Posted by hoongfu on 16 March 2013 - 08:51 PM in Darts and Barrels

I agree with Andtheherois, take it to a war, test it yourself, and have people try it out on their blasters. And I agree I wouldn't want a stub in the back, I prefer adding my own.

#355914 And we're back....

Posted by hoongfu on 21 September 2016 - 10:38 AM in News

WOOOO, Thanks for all your hard work Langley!

#299137 Apoc 2011 Dart Restrictions

Posted by hoongfu on 01 June 2011 - 04:18 PM in Nerf Wars

With the whole "being mocked for using stock darts", is that a threat, or a promise?
Also, is there an official date yet? I'm new to the page and bad at navigating and finding things. Thank you!

I plan to use stock, and I am prepared to be mocked. And I'll have a fresh box of Kleenex, or a Shamwow.

#301778 Apoc Round Schedule and Sign Up

Posted by hoongfu on 18 July 2011 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

1 / 10:15 - 10:50 / Deathmatch
2 / 11:05 - 11:40 / U3 Objective
3 / 11:55 - 12:30 / Full Roster Deathmatch
4 / 12:45 - 1:20 / Deathmatch
5 / 1:35 - 2:10 /
6 / 2:25 - 3:00 /
7 / 3:15 - 3:50 /
8 / 4:05 - 4:40 /
9 / 4:55 - 5:30 /

#319765 Apoc Round Schedule and Signup

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2012 - 09:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I would be very surprised if there is enough attendance to run 3 rounds at a time we've never really don't that successfully in the past.

Sitting out is an easy round to run.

#319785 Apoc Round Schedule and Signup

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2012 - 11:21 AM in Nerf Wars

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. Great thread guys.

So is 4TDM going to be only clan based, or is there going to be a full roster 4 TDM that isn't exclusive?

#302869 APOC TOMORROW

Posted by hoongfu on 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there be port-o-potties at the park?

#299073 Apocalypse 2011

Posted by hoongfu on 31 May 2011 - 03:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Everyday other than the 23rd works for me.

Same for me as well.

#299456 Apocalypse 2011

Posted by hoongfu on 06 June 2011 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

What venue/location with this years Apocalypse event be held at? Deal Park?

What kind of power facilities are available at the site? I have a stampede powered by Hobby NiCads, and a speed-charger to go with it, but I need an outlet to plug it in. From the vids I've seen on youtube (Courtesy of KNDOperative and ForsakenAngel), it's a big grassy field with no trace of civilization within an hour's walk, but that's just what I've been able to see. From someone who's actually been there, what kind of power can I get out of the park facilities?

If you are traveling by car I would suggest getting a converter/adapter which plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car and powers an outlet. Or bring one anyways and see if someone is nice enough to let you charge your battery in their car for a bit.

#317639 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by hoongfu on 28 June 2012 - 09:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Double Post!

Quick note about Sceptors since it seems like a ton of people are modding them like right this instant: I have 2 requirements for Sceptors at Apoc:

1.) Aside from the barrel mod and ergonomic changes to the pump handle, they must be bone stock
2.) Do something to that airtank cosmetically to make it look less like a paintball gun. This must be cosmetic only. Just throw some orange duct tape on there or something.

More info about blaster restrictions will be coming soon, but I can boil it down for you right now: if you want to be the guy at apoc who's gun shoots farther than everyone else's, stay the fuck home.

A few of us are discussing on BookFace about tank relocation (NOT replacement). Where do the rules stand on that? I like to assume that since its not mentioned explicitly that its legal, but the "bone stock" also could ban tank relocation as well.

#332726 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by hoongfu on 05 August 2013 - 10:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Pros:
Seeing some awesome people again, and meeting others for the first time. And hearing that the new people/first timers had a great time.
Winning Freeze tag 2 rounds in a row with the team Koree picked.
Watching Lucian repeatedly defrost Ted despite Ted's constant demand not to be unfrozen because I was in position to refreeze him instantly, with a 4B.
Winning the first round of VIP because Shoopy ran directly into our team.
Nothing of mine broke, for once.
Speed Rounds - Definitely my preferred game type forever almost.
Getting Jlego off the break in the 2v2.
Dodging PBZ's hopper of darts.
Hitting Art (Griever's friend) from about 300 feet away from the bunk with an ultra high angle shot from my 4B. My video shows me shooting but the camera angle is just a teeny weeny bit high when the dart hits him ;_;
Ted's expression when he got a pump action springer that works.
1v1 with Jlego.
American version of Slaughter (aka vets vs noobs).
No thunder/lightning.
No one smelled horribly...
Pretty good video, remembered to take tape off camera.
New barrel that shoots everything.
New +bow to go with barrel (Love you Roboman).
New tactical compression underarmour worked like magic and dried off instantly.
New tactical underwear worked the same.
Extra shoes/socks/shirt.
Chaos thought I was shirtless for 1/2 the war until we were on the same team.
Ohio crew.
Slightlysane got eliminated by a girl in a 2v2.
DX eliminated 2 girls and was shunned severely.
Didn't get shot by Koree! I think.
After 2 years I finally drove Koree to and from a war instead of vice versa. And we didn't get lost.
Group picture!
Jlego fixed my splitfire in 2 seconds.
Nerfing with Koree, Gears, DX, Jlego, Langley, TED, Chops, Sane, Chaos, Griever, Roboman, Xellah, Nicole, Kary(sp?), Mike, Chris, IcySushi, Numa, Shoopy, Bhajj/peach, Tommy, and even Lucian.
Never ran out of darts despite Koree using all the darts >:P
No bodily malfunctions this year.
I once again was the dart depot on the battlefield supplying both male and female, 2 eyes and 4 eyes, armed and armless.
All the conversations I had with people.
Ice pops.

Cons:
No shandsgator8/Redshot/blue arrow/Silent_rebel/Beaver/Zorn/Ryan/Ice9/Canadians
During 1v1 with Jlego my RSCB fell off, I still wonder if things would have been different otherwise.
Nicole got shot in the tooth during speed rounds
Didn't have a pump action blaster for speed rounds *cough*TED*cough*

Currently processing videos, will post when finished.

#332778 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by hoongfu on 08 August 2013 - 12:29 AM in Nerf Wars

[Warning this video is in 1080p ONLY so it may take a long time to load on slow internet connections]
LANGLEY EDIT: Please right click and save as with the links below.
Here's my footage:

First Round

American Slaughter aka Vets vs Noobs

Speed Rounds 1

Speed Rounds 2

Speed Rounds 3

Speed Rounds 4 [Warning it gets really loud when its DX/SlightlySane vs Nicole/Kary so turn your volume down] And I apologize for being obnoxious and annoying. I hate myself every time I watch that section.

#338950 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by hoongfu on 14 May 2014 - 10:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I may have gotten hitched, but I still intend to attend.

No excuses. I also got hitched and will be attending.

#340820 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by hoongfu on 30 July 2014 - 07:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll bring Koree's chrony.

#340931 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2014 - 12:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Man this year was great despite the impending doom of thunderstorms and what not. I guess it wouldn't have been APOC without some rain. I think for the past 3 years its always rained at some point during the day. Thank you Langley for hosting and running the war. Thanks to all who helped run rounds like Xellah and the like. It was great meeting new people and catching up with people I haven't seen in a long time (SilentRebel, IcySushi, DICE134, Griever, and others).

Thank you to everyone who bought all the stuff for $1-5 :)

#348183 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by hoongfu on 02 August 2015 - 11:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Man, what a great day. I gotta say my performance was the worst ever though. I probably fired around 250 darts and didn't hit a single nerfer. The upside I guess was nothing broke. See y'all next year.

LOL nice Dom. Man, missed you this year!

#347384 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by hoongfu on 23 June 2015 - 09:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Plane tickets and clean undies are secured. Touching b(utts)ase at TedTown July 31st for biers mit Giers.

Who's making me darts?

I can....sell you some? :P

#348157 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by hoongfu on 31 July 2015 - 09:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Closing ceremonies? OH BOY! Maybe CHOPs can empty the gatorade cooler on Langley this time!

#355122 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by hoongfu on 21 July 2016 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't wait for someone to put a lure down during Carpe and wreck everyone that's distracted. 

#355438 Apocalypse 2016 - August 6th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by hoongfu on 09 August 2016 - 09:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Thank you Snoop for the video of Langley dancing.  Made my year.  I'm going to download it now before you get a DMCA notice. 

#351860 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 28 February 2016 - 01:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.   I'll see if I can bring my giant magnet on a stick. 

#352778 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 13 April 2016 - 08:36 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing my gopro.   As always, raw/lightly edited footage uploaded way late on my youtube channel. 

#354221 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 15 June 2016 - 10:40 AM in Nerf Wars

The Good
  1. Hanging out with friends
    1. Seeing old ones KOREEEEEEEE, Jlego, Ice9, Pants, Beaver,  Cannonball, Zorn, Ryan, Groove, Zaxbys!
    2. meeting new ones - Pete, little kid, Apollo, Bags (If I forgot your name I'm sorry)
    3. Actually nerfing with Beaver after gazing at his majestic presence walking around at Apoc 2011.
  2. Ice9 hosting the war - Super well run, lots of rounds in, good crowd control despite people not listening, good game types.  
  3. Good footage - I was so happy when I watched some footage that my gopro wasn't aiming at the sky ala Apoc 2013.
  4. Food - Pastrami, chili cheese fries, In n Out, Ice cream sandwiches, croissants, and Korean Tacos for days!  
  5. Hanging out all day and night and experiencing Art - Thanks Beaver and Ice9!  
  6. Duels with Cannonball - Man ever since the Christmas war 2 years ago I've been itching to duel Cannonball again.  I lost pretty much every duel we had that day except for one, which I hope I caught on video (haven't watched through everything yet).  That's one thing I like about east coast wars, despite 40 people around there is always sometime and someone to duel.  
  7. Wonder Twins dota - heroes and minions duking it out in lanes
  8. Freezetag - So much fun in a perfectly balanced field with a speedloader
  9. Pull back and a Speedloader - I used it most of the war and had more fun than using any pump action with a hopper
  10. People having fun and being effective with near stock blasters
  11. Balls to the wall:  Man it was so coooool seeing a good percentage of the players utilizing Nerf's latest invention, the Apollo blaster.  And they were effective too!  
  12. Carpe was a lot of fun, even though I felt like we were losing the whole time because of the pressure put on by the Twins/Cannon ball/Bags.  Screaming at people to pick up balls (I'm sorry I called you an old man Pete!  You're super cool).
  13. Last round of Carpe was so much fun because it wasn't about winning.  Rather it was about winning in our own terms, which we did to the max.  It's always fun to play against your friends but even better to play with them.  
  14. Weather was almost perfect for me, I didn't sweat a ton.  Overcast works really well with the GoPro because it has a harsh and delayed transition from shadow to sunlight.  Any footage in the center square would have been unwatchable if it was sunny.  
  15. Bright Pink polo from Goodwill - Keeping it Cali
  16. Ryan invited me to come over and mod and use the 3D printer <3
  17. Not being sweaty on the plane
  18. Not being tired at all during and after the war , even after the massive lunch, also not pulling any leg muscles
  19. Grabbing In n out for breakfast
  20. Dart recovery was amazing as always
  21. TSA was super chill, even in LAX.  
  22. Super cheap range time.  
  23. Little kid was super interested and Dad allowed him to join after a while.  I think he had lots of fun.  
  24. Dad's playing and having fun.  I hope to join your ranks some day.  

Not as good
  1. No Langley/Gears 
  2. Beaver kept getting his food first, I kept getting my food last, like 10 minutes after Beaver finished. 
  3. People including myself not respawning properly during Carpe
  4. People shooting way too close, like that one guy who shot Koree from 0" away.  Even I waited for the kid to run past about 10-15'
  5. Silicon or rubber tipped rock darts, ridiculously dense darts 
  6. Fell asleep too early.  Missed the hugs.
  7. Boom o rangs and other flying melee.  It sucks bad to get hit in the face with one as Bags found out.  Thanks Ice9 for not allowing them the rest of the war.  
  8. Red eye flight and work 

I'll be working on a highlights video soon, my first one so it will take a long time and will suck a lot.    I'll post it in here after its done.  

#354010 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by hoongfu on 06 June 2016 - 12:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Happy Birthday Pants!

#312921 Blaster census information required!

Posted by hoongfu on 15 March 2012 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

Another question, are the titans you are firing the missiles from stock or plugged?

I am also interested, even tho I don't own a titan now I am in the market for one.

#305794 Countdown Gametype

Posted by hoongfu on 12 October 2011 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

When playing deathmatch, there are various benefits to counting very quickly or very slowly depending on how things are going for you and your team. Very often people will count as long as it takes to reload, or get back to their team, etc. So people 'cheat' at deathmatch all the time, and it doesn't really have a substantial effect on the game. However, in this game, even a slight difference in the counting speed would have an effect on how hard you are to eliminate. Not to mention how much of a nightmare it must be if you get into an argument over whether you were hit.

On those points I can see your reasoning. Perhaps this could be tested a few more wars.

#305783 Countdown Gametype

Posted by hoongfu on 12 October 2011 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

What's to stop someone from counting as fast as humanly possible? Where did you get the idea that you can get hit twice in Gunslinger? Any time I've played it, we would count back in, or at least take long enough to get a headband on.

Langleys right it would be come a who can count the fastest game.

Playing devil's advocate: Technically in any counting type game people can skip it or count to 5 instead of 15. Its all about the honor system. Thats what holds nerf wars together. If we all claimed we didn't get hit or have instant respawn this hobby would be out the window.

#320019 Creating a NIC Biography

Posted by hoongfu on 06 August 2012 - 09:33 AM in Off Topic

The Articles section here is a great place to start.

Other items that should be investigated: Mag7, Four horsemen, Sex Dwarves, Canadians, Rainbow Clan, Captain Slug, Stefan (or whatever the username of the guy who invented the stefan), Rise/fall/and more recent resurgence of NJ wars, the SNAP, Rainbow catch, +bow, and Bow powered blasters.

#348316 Crossfire Bow + Blastzooka Integration

Posted by hoongfu on 10 August 2015 - 12:37 PM in Modifications

Great mod and well done on the write up. Hows the air seal as a result of the secret shot-eque select barrel feature?

#363843 Dart foam is cracking, but the heads are not blowing off.... Help plea

Posted by hoongfu on 29 April 2019 - 10:20 AM in Modifications

This isn't a direct answer to your issue, but you can fix your darts by dropping a little bit of super glue in the cracks. That should seal them up. If that doesn't work use clear packaging tape around the area and make sure the tape wraps all the way around and attaches to itself. I've revived many darts using those two techniques.

#331446 Dart-related Nerf war accidents and dart safety tests

Posted by hoongfu on 01 July 2013 - 12:03 AM in Darts and Barrels

NJNO this weekend. Gears was about 3 ft away and got a good hit on me with a UMB. The dart was a #8 Ryan styled slug with BigBen white foam. I believe he uses a 14" cpvc barrel. I used a 10" bicep.

SFW Video: http://youtu.be/gE0vKoJ7X5A?t=7m59s

[NSFW] Images
Day 1 http://imgur.com/aPpAYjF
Day 2 http://imgur.com/e8aT53i

I'll update this post as time passes to avoid spamming this thread.

#316495 DCNF#5

Posted by hoongfu on 04 June 2012 - 09:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Koree, Gears, and I can only make the 23rd.

#317377 DCNF#5

Posted by hoongfu on 22 June 2012 - 07:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Pizza for me. I'd probably end up eating a pie myself.... Make sure you get that garlic sauce Chaos!

#331328 DCNF7

Posted by hoongfu on 27 June 2013 - 02:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I will not be able to make it.

Ditto, but for completely unrelated reasons. Really, totally not the same.

#312676 Do you still use Nerf when you nerf?

Posted by hoongfu on 10 March 2012 - 02:10 PM in Site Feedback

At non NIC wars I host I use a modded Jolt and alpha trooper and arrowstorm. At NIC wars I've been using a SNAP, brassed LS, NF, Big blast, and a Semi auto firefly (big salvo tank).

#337278 Downtime and Maintenance

Posted by hoongfu on 25 February 2014 - 02:57 PM in News

Thanks for fixing the site Langley!

#303626 Easy custom shirts

Posted by hoongfu on 20 August 2011 - 10:33 PM in Off Topic

Great idea! I am going to give this a shot since I have these materials lying around. Also nice reddit rage faces.