neonerfer's Content

There have been 376 items by neonerfer (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8863 You Guys Are Pretty Good With Computers, Right?

Posted by neonerfer on 29 August 2003 - 12:25 AM in Off Topic

Something similar happened to my computer. As it turned out, my RAM was faulty. It began restarting randomly, I was getting tons of blue screens of death. When I tried to reinstall XP, it would crash then. I have a Dell, so after a solid week on the phone with tech support, they came out and replaced a bunch of things, like my gfx card and sound card. Still didn't work, so they replaced the hard drive, then finally the RAM. It's been working fine ever since. Give your computer manufacturer a call, this might be the case.

#29964 Yeah, Another Modded Crossbow...

Posted by neonerfer on 30 June 2004 - 12:25 PM in Modifications

Nested telescoped brass barrel with stefans all the way. Better ranges and much more accurate. That thing's pretty badass though, nice work. How exactly did you make the plunger, an internal picture would be nice.

#8933 Yano Recap Thread

Posted by neonerfer on 31 August 2003 - 12:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, 12 person or so wars are great. Much more team work/strategy and less chaos. Sorry I missed it, I meant to give you guys more of a heads up. I really wish I could have been there. But I had a great day at the beach on my brand new 7' "fun board," and got my hair cut... :lol:! My sis and I caught the same wave, I was on fun board and she was on a 6'5" foamie, then she went left and I went right. My friend said it looked really cool anyways. Unless Toj dies in a completely accidental car bombing, we'll be at the next war.

#13009 Yano - New Location Discussion

Posted by neonerfer on 19 November 2003 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I like it, especially the water area...we should rent some boats and have drive bys(sp...?)....anyways...if Steve's mom can drive I can go, I still have that Milky way bar from last time, I wonder if I could sell it... Count me in, I'll be there.

*edit* Never mind my dad just ate it :blink: ...

Sounds good to me. I've always been fond of Bonelli park.

No boats, due to liability issues, but inflatable rafts are allowed. You've had that milky way for months and your dad just now ate it? You're a fucking lying peice of shit. Wheeglebeeglewhoooobadywhoogle.

#8509 Xbow Mod Submitted By Rawray7

Posted by neonerfer on 20 August 2003 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

Great mod and writeup, Ray. And do post what kind of spring you put in there, that'll help alot.

#10427 X-stream Maxshot

Posted by neonerfer on 25 September 2003 - 09:02 PM in General Nerf

UIB Max Shots. $2 plus $25 shipping per item. Limit 3 per customer.

#32951 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by neonerfer on 02 August 2004 - 08:57 PM in General Nerf

I accidentally nulled my vote but that looks awesome. Pink is much better than red anyways, much more masculene. It's more visible and I don't really care that it's a slightly different color, it's still the colored backer rod we were excited about. Badass.

#14250 Why Do You Nerf?

Posted by neonerfer on 13 December 2003 - 01:33 PM in General Nerf

Because Dungeons and Dragons is no longer the "cool thing to do."

#13148 Why Do You Nerf?

Posted by neonerfer on 23 November 2003 - 01:33 AM in General Nerf

I nerf because I'm not allowed to get a paintball or airsoft gun. I like nerf alot, but I haven't fired a gun in a month or so. If you have alot of free time but a tight budget, nerf is perfect. I have very little patience when it comes to modding and planning things out, I'm an instant gratification kinda guy. I'd rather spend money on a paintball gun and now have to worry about it breaking like a nerf gun is prone to do, but for now, nerf works for me. Eventually, I'll just buy a paintball gun and I'm sure that very little of my time will go towards nerf, and my over protective parents will have to deal with it or take it away. For now though, as long as my parents are supporting my hobbies, I'll be nerfing.

#31962 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by neonerfer on 21 July 2004 - 05:08 PM in General Nerf

Red, precut would be awesome. If it was straight, stefan making would be so much easier. I'm guessing it will be straight considering it doesn't have to be rolled up, right BigShit?

#26267 Who Hunts?

Posted by neonerfer on 15 May 2004 - 06:37 PM in Off Topic

My property is overrun with crows. They have a huge nest with 100+ crows in my neighbors grove of enormous overgrown avocado trees. Our 6 acres is full of avo's as well so there's a good 10 acres where the crows dominate. I've taking quite a liking to picking them off with my pellet gun but I've heard of people taking out 200 crows or more in one morning's hunt with a shotgun. I'm not much of a killer but they're so damn annoying that I can't help but take a few out every now and then. It would be nice if I had something like Groove's AR-15. Crows are really fucking smart though, they have sentries and really advanced communication. They even use tools and sometimes even dig up seeds after farmer's plant them. They know the difference between a farmer with a pitchfork and a farmer with a shotgun. They're pretty sneaky fucks but they're fun to hunt. You don't need a liscense either and amazingly there's even crow hunting websites. They're smart enough where I heard you can train them. If I ever tire of hunting them I'm definately raising an army of super-intelligent attack crows.

#39273 Whats The Suckest Gun

Posted by neonerfer on 19 October 2004 - 07:04 PM in General Nerf

You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun.

#14791 What To Get A 7 Year Old Kid?

Posted by neonerfer on 21 December 2003 - 03:06 AM in Off Topic

Posted Image

I always enjoyed them when I was younger...

#2316 What Is The Best First Mod

Posted by neonerfer on 18 March 2003 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

Uh I think he means what a good mod would be for a begginner. A super maxx 1500 is pretty easy to modify, just involves plugging the plunger and replacing the barrels with PVC, Brass, or PETG. Spring guns are very easy to modify. If you can find a L'n'L or an EAB, mess around with those. Stretch the spring, replace the barrles. Air pressure guns tend to be harder to modify than spring guns, so for your first mod, I'd reccomend a spring gun. If you're feeling really bold, grab an Airtech 2000 or 3000 and modify that. It's not too much harder than a Super Maxx 1500, but to get the barrel assembly off, you have to remove the rotation mechanism. You could just mod the barrels with them still attatched to the gun if you feel like it, I just find it easier to work with the barrel assembly by itself. The main thing is just get a decent gun and get good mod instructions, such as the ones on Nerf Haven. Good luck!

#2332 What Is The Best First Mod

Posted by neonerfer on 18 March 2003 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

:huh: thanxs alot.

No problem, hope your modding goes well.

#10262 What Do You Think About It:

Posted by neonerfer on 23 September 2003 - 03:50 PM in Off Topic

I dissagree with what alot of you are saying. Offspring and Green Day basically started the "pop-punk" genre, but the fact of the matter is that they started as a punk rock band. I define punk rock as any form of rebellion through their music. In my eyes, if a band started as a punk band then no matter what style of music they play, they will always be punk. For many of these "pop-punk" bands, if they started as punk than the best word to describe them as now is punk. There are also bands that I have always though of to be just pop, such as New Found Glory. To the best of my knowledge, they don't even write their own songs. They are most popular with teenage girls, especially in the 12-15 range. Their songs are not based on rebellion(if they even wrote them) but they are about girl friends and heart ache and crap. I'm afraid that I have to say the same for The All American rejects. They're a good band, don't get me wrong, I enjoy their music. The thing is that the inspiration behind their lyrics and music isn't rebellion so I wouldn't classify them as punk. The main problem is that people nowadays classify punk as the sound of it(which is for the most part distinct) but the only accurate judgement of punk is the rebel test. I am a rebel, just look at these torn up jeans.... B)

#1900 What Do You Do In The Winter?

Posted by neonerfer on 01 March 2003 - 11:57 AM in Off Topic

Go to the beach :D

I just got a 3/2 full wetsuit and high fasion booties to go with it. It's usually around 70° here and the water usually doesn't get colder than 60° so it's perfect surfing weather. The beach is usually empty and we don't have to worry too much about snow or icecaps...

:D

#1946 What Do You Do In The Winter?

Posted by neonerfer on 03 March 2003 - 12:16 AM in Off Topic

neo: What's a 3/2 wetsuit? does it cover half of you twice? I have an 8mil wetsuit that I get out in the fall for the local scuba action. Laguna has some nice dive spots and the water is super clear in September with the cold bottom water coming in.

PoF: That would be the CRT tan option. Radiation... yum!

Groove: That's assumed.

3/2 means 3 mm body and 2mm arms and legs. It's like yours, but I can actually move around in mine...

#9382 What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Posted by neonerfer on 07 September 2003 - 06:55 PM in Off Topic

Larry Chen.

Quote of the fucking week.

#9460 What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Posted by neonerfer on 08 September 2003 - 11:30 PM in Off Topic

Yeah I'd like some color contacts too. I heard you can see out of them. You sure you purchased contacts, not the "protein building eye drops?" Common error, I'll let it slide. Vampires always wear color contacts, right?

#9357 What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Posted by neonerfer on 07 September 2003 - 03:24 PM in Off Topic

So what's everyone dressing up as for Halloween? Are you going trick-or-treating and/or to a par-tay?

I'm really excited about my costume this year. I've dressed up in some pretty cool costumes before. I've gone as a marine a few years, nothing special. When I was younger, I went as a Spec Ops guy; night cammoed pants, black army jacket, black beanie, cut off gloves, utility harness with black grenades strapped to it, and an m16. Two years ago I went as Neo, but didn't have my floor length trench coat yet. I had a knee length trench, black cargos and shirt, combat boots and the obligatory shades. I had the harness that I had used a few years back, and I had guns...lots of guns. I think I had 11 total. Two black hand guns holstered at waist, 2 silver/black handguns holstered on thighs, stub nosed revolvers on chest, mini-mp5's strapped to the side of my chest, dual uzi's towards my lower back/side,and an m16 in my hand. Most of these were well marked with orange, so I didn't really scare cops. Last year I went as the urban terrorist from Counter-Strike: black jacket, ski mask, holstered hand gun, white/black/grey cammo cargos, combat boots and an AK in my hand. I offended alot of people, which I was very happy about. Two of my friends dressed up as terrorists; one was a l33t krew guy and the other was the guerilla warfare guy. My other friend dressed up as a SWAT Counter Terrorist. We looked pretty badass walking through that residential area, armed to our teeth.

Now this year will be my best costume yet. I'm going as a new age-vampire. I finally have a floor length trench coat(the exact style that neo had in reloaded.) I'm wearing that unbuttoned over black cargos, a black shirt, and my combat boots. I'm going to get a cool looking ankh to wear around my neck. I'm also getting fake fangs that go over my canines and look really real, with some blood on my lips. I'm painting my nails black and wearing pale makeup on my face. Dark black eye makeup(maybe) and deep red circles around my eyes, giving me that undead-hipster look. My medium length hair will be in liberty spikes, sprayed black. I have most of this stuff, my sisters have most the makeup, I just need to find a neat looking ankh. I'll take a picture...what do you guys think of this idea?

#11796 Webcomics

Posted by neonerfer on 23 October 2003 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

I read Penny-Arcade, Real Life, and Player VS Player on a daily basis.

#18447 Wclp

Posted by neonerfer on 07 February 2004 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

M-m-maaad cow? Oh god, the horror, his threads are forever burned into my eyes.

*shivvers*

Don't you EVER mention that gun again. EVER!

#11567 War Movie

Posted by neonerfer on 19 October 2003 - 02:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Heh, that's pretty cool. Nice sound effects too.

#14551 Valkrie Homemade

Posted by neonerfer on 17 December 2003 - 07:47 PM in Homemades

I've talked to a lot of people and most have said that barrel length doesn't matter. What's important is barrel width.

#14571 Valkrie Homemade

Posted by neonerfer on 17 December 2003 - 11:57 PM in Homemades

And make sure it's not firing before you want it to. That's such a pain.

#23491 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by neonerfer on 04 April 2004 - 11:16 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to have to insist that you all stop using the word "nooblet" on this site. For after nooblet comes cookies and trout and all manner of emotes and general mayhem ensues as NH becomes NC.

yO KeVin!!!111one

cAn wE plz plz plz have a nerf RPG?!!! OMG tAhT WULD BE SOOOOO FREICKEN SWEET!!! wE CuLd hAve likee mAdE up sup3r gunz and flYinG skooterz and bAseS and stuff!

#16040 Tracer Dart

Posted by neonerfer on 09 January 2004 - 09:47 AM in Modifications

Very interested. Use these during day wars and go out at night to collect ammo. Heh, that thing glows much brighter than I expected. If you're playing inside with glow in the dark ammo/guns, try using a black light and maybe a strobe. That would make shit interesting. I'd also like to see a video of the dart firing, does it leave a trail?

#16076 Tracer Dart

Posted by neonerfer on 09 January 2004 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

For reference, I just calculated the approximate weight of 1/4" steel slingshot ammo which is the lightest weight I've found to be effective in high power guns.

6.42514 grams.

32 times heavier than a .2 gram airsoft bb.

That's definately not a good thing. What about glow in the dark hot glue?

#41360 Tna Wrestling

Posted by neonerfer on 10 November 2004 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

Total nonstop action? NO WAY! All these years I've wasted on partial nonstop action!

#32360 They're Here.

Posted by neonerfer on 26 July 2004 - 07:58 PM in General Nerf

I call black hot glue at the next YANO.

#16897 There Is Nothing Good About Bbbs Or Crossbows

Posted by neonerfer on 22 January 2004 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

This guy reminds me of the "nerf-ballers" back at NO.

"..Do they make any special shoes for nerf ball?"

#11027 The War With Iraq!

Posted by neonerfer on 06 October 2003 - 12:14 AM in Off Topic

Posted Image

We love war!

#8217 The Tech Target Gun Is In Stores

Posted by neonerfer on 14 August 2003 - 03:17 PM in General Nerf

Wow it looks very cool. More comfortable than a LNL's squarish shape, but still is big enough to hold. Looks pretty sturdy, that plastic is pretty shiney. I like the color scheme alot, and the ammo holders appeal to me. Mega guns kick ass, this thing will be cool with micros or 3/8's. With a string replacement and a good brass barrel, this thing looks very promising. Finally a good pistol, nice work Nerf!

#8214 The Tech Target Gun Is In Stores

Posted by neonerfer on 14 August 2003 - 03:10 PM in General Nerf

Take some pics, especially of the internals. Range? Looks like it's moddable? It's at least 6 inches long, right? Nice and smooth, no rough edges?

#44 The New Nerf

Posted by neonerfer on 15 December 2002 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

*sigh of relief*
It's good to be back. I picked up an AT3k during the summer. It's a pretty good gun. Unmodded, it kicks the shit out of anything as an indoor gun. With red micros, I get about 50 feet from it. If the mods are worked out, this gun has a lot of potential.

#36535 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by neonerfer on 06 September 2004 - 12:48 PM in Off Topic

http://staticfree.info/graphics/steve'...old_smaller.jpg
http://www2.eng.cam..../~sgc/Steve.jpg

Hmmmmm.

#10648 Tech Deck Skatepark For Sale!

Posted by neonerfer on 28 September 2003 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

Why you'd ever need that much tech deck stuff in the first place is beyond me...

#2077 Taglines

Posted by neonerfer on 08 March 2003 - 07:45 PM in Site Feedback

Poo. You couldn't sell both, could you? That would be really cool if you would do that for us, cause I really like the second one and don't like the winner too much. Just an idea.

#15845 Sylent_blade

Posted by neonerfer on 06 January 2004 - 10:04 AM in Off Topic

SB, I never thought you were too terrible. I was just fucking around with you. See ya if you're leaving though.