Kenpachi Taicho's Content

There have been 79 items by Kenpachi Taicho (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#128220 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 01 November 2007 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

How many layers of the krylon paint do you typically apply, and how long do you let them dry Anarchy?

#130791 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 27 November 2007 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

DTR that is one seriously badass paintjob on the maverick!

#128208 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 01 November 2007 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

Those are a couple of bad ass mavericks anarchy, I really like the desert paint scheme. I agree with penguin, I just might be picking up another mav now. I hope you do more work that has the same level of quality.

#136486 Lancer

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 19 January 2008 - 04:20 PM in Modifications

WOW angel.......I'm at a complete loss of words to describe how amazing this mod is, not to mention the video!

#143259 The Vulcan

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 February 2008 - 10:38 PM in General Nerf

Wow ooz, that's quite the post. For starters, I definitely respect the level of technicality along with actually addressing your assumptions before you delved into your dubious quantity (with lots of quality) of calculations. This is still just theory, and I'm kinda surprised you took that much time and effort to speculate. Why not just wait until you have one in your hands, then you don't have to assume anything and your calculations will be more useful. To me your post was a little bittersweet. Awesome level of intellect went into it, however it was kind of a waste of time on your part. I think Assumptions 5 and 9 might be a little large, and this has left you without justification on the time you just wasted proving that you know physics. But I guess if you have to waste your time implimenting something that you've learned, why not apply them to nerf.....I guess that's a good choice.

EDIT: For clarification.....I'm not a "nay-sayer". Infact I'm "patting you on the back" for putting soo much effort (with a good level of intellect) into nerf, irregardless of the vastness of the assumptions.

#127473 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 25 October 2007 - 10:58 PM in News

WOW, this gun will be a definite purchase for me. However, I think this gun will get me in a lot of trouble after I paint it!! Contrary to what many people are saying, I think this gun has a lot of primary potential, for 3 main reasons. First off there is the amazing integration possibilities as previously mentioned. The next 2 are based on a couple of "if" statements. If the plunger extends out of the back of the gun, then it could potentially be made to extend all the way to the back of the stock (and possibly past that, for the crazier modders). Next, if the loading system from the clip is very similar to the LS's loading system, there is already a great deal of write ups on how to improve it. Therefore, I think I will take my sweet time modding this gun, so that I can do it justice.

I do agree with a few of the cons on this gun however, but no gun can be perfect when still stock. The stock does look flimsy, but at the same time it would be very easy to fortify. The position of the 'cocker' looks to be a tad awkward for a riffle type gun, but a shotgun grip wouldn't too hard to integrate. I think my biggest concern with this gun, is the 'add-on' crap. If the front barrel is anything like the LS side arm, it will only hinder this gun's performance. However this is another easy modification, especially using OMC's PETG (which rules!!). For purely aesthetic purposes I would take off the potentially good sight system on the top of the gun, and replace it with a LS "scope", because there's already a "laser".

All my mumbo jumbo aside, I think this will be a devastating gun when properly modified, which definitely has an amazingly badass look to it.

#128126 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 31 October 2007 - 01:48 PM in News

Very nice find CAPS! Just in time for christmas aswell, now I can get other people to buy this gun for me! I can't wait to get this gun and do some "open heart surgery".

#130938 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 03:17 PM in News

FYI for everyone. It looks as though Amazon is not taking any more pre-orders.

#128312 Big Bad Sexy! A New Take On The Cpvc Barreled Bbb

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 02 November 2007 - 09:58 AM in Modifications

First off, very nice write up and very nice mod. It's rediculus that you're hitting 118' accuratly with only a barrell replacement. This mod makes me want to go o TRU and see what I can do with a BBB. I also like the name, Big Bad Sexy says it all!

#127921 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

WOW, what an amazing little gun! I think they're perfect for integration for 2 reasons. 1) They're small enough to be added to almost any gun. 2) They still pack a very powerful punch I will be adding these to as many of my guns as possible!

#129063 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 09:04 AM in Off Topic

This simple explanation might answer your question: Disturbed is not talented. In a later post you stated that you were 'hardcore into metal.' Again, don't take this as an attack, but I find it funny since three bands you've listed are actually metal - Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden.

My exact words were "I'm a hard core metal fan". Having said that I was in no way shape or form claiming that EVERY band I listen to is metal. Considering the fact that the bands and the quote were in 2 different posts, I thought you'd be able to figure that out.

"Disturbed is not talented", is a VERY opinionative statement. If you're going to say something like that, you might want to back it up with some sort of proof, or atleast claim it to be your opinion rather than a fact. I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.
Therefore, I call your bullshit.

You claim in your post that what you say isn't an "attack", but rag'n on people for how they classify what they listen to is an attack. Some people take music seriously, as it is a very large portion of their life. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the point of this thread is to get people talking about what kind of music they like, not criticize people for misplacing a few bands in wrong categories.

To make you feel better about this and to not draw too much controversy to this post, don't take this as an attack. Ha ha ha, I bet this is what you were thinking when you wrote "don't take this as an attack". In all seriousness this is meant as an attack, well more of a rebuttle than an attack.

#128930 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 07 November 2007 - 09:41 AM in Off Topic

For all you rap haters, listen to real rap/hip hop. 99% of the shit you hear on the radio sucks my dry, dry balls. If you've listened to some real stuff with an open mind and still don't like it then, you can say you don't like it,

Sam, you've got the right idea here. I'm a hard core metal fan, but I have some friends that are huge into hip hop. My buddies told me the same thing, I listened to the hip hop they listen to and I liked it. You're 100% right with the fact that 99% of what "rap" is today is "pop-rap". It's the same thing with rock, a good chunk of rock out there is "pop-rock" (like coldplay, nickelback, good charlotte, U2....the list goes on).

And generaly music that is soothing.

Why because I find it helps me get ideas from brain to paper to reality.

That's where Pink Floyd comes in. I have all their songs on my computer at work and it tends to make the day easier, not to mention make the idea production department run a little smoother.

#129079 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 11:17 AM in Off Topic

Listen, it's a simple fact of life that some people are musically talented, and others are not. That happens to be the opinion I perscribe to, but it's also a fact, down and dirty. All I've said is that Disturbed's members are those who are not musically talented. If they put on a good show, fine, but they are not musically talented.

PS. The proper verb form to use with a band is the third singular (ie. is, was, etc) not the third plural, as the band's name is a collective noun. Not attacking, just pointing it out.

*SIGH*

Considering the fact that the show they put on was a concert, which in my opinion it was awesome (giving a reference to what my opinion of a good concert was), I believe that they are talented, yes that is my opinion not a fact. You're placing too much factual (if that's a word) relevance to the word "talented", which by definition is almost purely opinionative. You're opinion is that Disturbed are talent less (did I conjugate correctly this time?), I respect it and you're completely entitled to it. However it is not a fact, so please quit being so narcissistic by claiming your opinion is a fact.

If you wish to compare Disturbed to other mallcore bands in musical areas by all means go ahead, but even then it is still only a relatively based opinion.

#129084 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 11:43 AM in Off Topic

Initially, you didn't say shit about a concert, only that Disturbed was good. Certain people are musically talented (See: Bach, Steve Vai, Michael Angelo Batio) some are not (See: Fred Durst, Dave Drainman, etc.) that is a fact, stop arguing that it's an opinion. Again, if you like them, fine, don't make false claims though.

And no, you did not conjugate correctly. Disturbed is a unit, therefore it takes the pronoun "it" and it should take all verbs that "it" takes.

I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.

Initially I did say something about a concert. I'm not arguieng who is and who isn't musically talented, because that's pointless. The reason that's pointless is the FACT that the term "talent" and who it applies to is based on OPINION.

The fact is that talent is purely based on opinion, and comparing talents will only change your OPINION to an OPINION based on a term of relativity, still not a FACT. I only ask the you bring yourself down from the heavens to live with the rest of us who acknowledge the FACT that our OPINIONS aren't FACTS.

#129076 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 10:49 AM in Off Topic

Uhh what? I don't care if they can put on a good show for those people who cannot recognize talent. It's not an attack, it really isn't - that's just the way you're handing it out. Talented pertains to playing/writing well, or if you're the vocalist, singing well/writing well. I'm not sure what you mean by a 'good show,' but tell me, how many shows have you been to in which a band you like didn't put on a good show? The only time it's happened to me is when the band's volumes were totally fucked and you could barely hear the vocalist. Oh wait, that makes sense since all the bands I listen to are talented musically. If you're seeing a lot of disappointing shows, what's that mean?

Again, my original claim was directed towards your statement "I can't believe no one has mentioned Disturbed yet." I said the weren't talented, in reference to their musical abilities because, quite simply, that's what this thread is about. They can't be talent-less in the studio and then be talented on the stage, simple as that.

RAMBO, you're confusing your opinion for a fact, and it's getting frustrating trying to tell you that your opinion isn't a fact. You at least gave a frame of reference in one of your posts, but that doesn't make you opinion a fact. I'm not taking this as an attack, I'm merely providing the the fact that your opinion isn't a fact. Having said that, neither is my opinion (which happens to be that Disturbed are awesome).

I never said that I attended any "horrible shows" (even though I've been forced to see nickleback by the wifey....which IN MY OPINION was horrible). The references I gave were some of the best shows I've been to, and it was purely so that you could see what my opinion of a good concert was.

To tell you the truth I was shocked that no one had put Disturbed on their list, especially since I saw many lists that have a lot of bands that I listen to as well.

#129073 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 10:22 AM in Off Topic

QUOTE(Kenpachi_Taicho @ Nov 8 2007, 07:04 AM)

"Disturbed is not talented", is a VERY opinionative statement. If you're going to say something like that, you might want to back it up with some sort of proof, or atleast claim it to be your opinion rather than a fact. I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.
Therefore, I call your bullshit.

Two problems with that. Disturbed isn't talented. Just because they put on a good show doesn't make them talented. I've got some buddies that are in a band, they put on excellent shows, are they talented? Fuck no, they aren't very good at all, no record deal, no sponsorships, nothing.

I think you're narrowing the label of "talented". I also think that it is your opinion (not a fact) that they aren't talented, which I respect because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, let's look at the definition of the word talented. Talented: showing a natural aptitude for something [syn: gifted] (taken from http://dict.die.net/talented/). Technically since they've shown me a natural aptitude for putting on a good show, they're talented. I've already used a base of reference to compare my opinion of their concert (look at the other un-arguably talented bands I've seen live). Therefore, it is my opinion that Disturbed is talented, which is based on the facts.

If your buddies put on a good show, I think they're talented. A record deal isn't necessarily about talent, I think it's more about the profitability for the record label.

#128892 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 November 2007 - 10:58 PM in Off Topic

I listen to

-queen
-Pink Floyd
-Mettalica
-Korn
-rammstien
-static-x
-Linkin Park
-Three Days grace
-Megadeath
-Iron maiden
-Guns'n'roses
-AC/DC
-System of a down

And Disturbed, I can't believe that no one has mentioned disturbed yet.

#128670 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 11:11 AM in General Nerf

I definitely think that I need a few sets of these! Doesn't matter how goofy the strap looks, the fact is you have 3 big ass shuriken on your back, and I bet that with a bit of practice you could get a little more accurate. I think the best part of these shuriken is the fact that there's no noise when you throw them, unlike when you shoot a nerf gun. Yay for a silent kill!

#128934 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 07 November 2007 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

After reading; Recruit's, SHA's and Z-man12's posts, I've come to the conclusion that these massive foamy shuriken would be a perfect accessory for LARP'ing. I like the idea of having giant foamy poison shuriken, not sure if I'd want to be known a shitty shuriken thrower though (cheesy pun completely intended!). I think that a shuriken wielding ninja should be able to use them as a melee weapon, as they'd only be really good for defensive (short ranged, yes short range melee exists) melee purposes.

On a side note, how many people are interested in a Nerf Ninja Clan?

#129065 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

I think you're on to something there SHA. It might not be able to fit into a shuriken, but I definitely think a ninja weapon (that could spread micro's in that fashion) would be extremely useful!

#128783 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 November 2007 - 08:58 AM in General Nerf

I agree with Cmdrmack, a nerf ninja clan would dominate, and make for an interesting change in pace at a war. I have a couple of suggestions about nerf ninja rules at a war.

1) I think they shouldn't be able to wield guns. This is because ninjas are just too badass to use a gun to kill.

2) They should be able to block any incoming darts with any of their weapons (sword, massive shuriken). They are ninja's after all.

Z-man12, I bet you're thinking of a smaller type of shuriken, where these naruto ones are meant to be HUGE. I think they supposed to be like Mizuki's giant shuriken from the first episode! I don't think that these shuriken could be thrown multiple at a time, without lots of practice that is.

#132825 Modular Ls Undergun System

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 17 December 2007 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

Awesome idea and full props on pulling it off. I like the idea of being able to quickly snap another gun on the front of a LS, and take it off for more manuverability.

#128676 Eye Protection

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

Eye protection is a definite MUST HAVE for me. I was recently in the most hostile nerf environment I've ever been in (a dorm room with 6 guys equipped with either a modded mav or a modded nf, watching hockey), and got smoked in the eye. In all fair ness I should've known to be wearing my eye gear, especially considering all we were going for was head shots. Blurry vision absolutley affects your aim, wear eye protection!

#143464 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 02 March 2008 - 03:41 PM in General Nerf

Awesome news of the gloves' success Cheese-Boy! I'm not gonna lie to, if you could make them out of a thinner material (and black obviously), I just might be interested in one of these. Could you give a 'guesstimation' of their range? As an extra idea for future Glove Guns of DOOM (GGoD, I like this abbreviation), how about replacing the existing barrel with a coupler & speed loader combonation? You could also make a matching glove, for the other hand, which could hold the speed loader(s).

Good job CB.

#143182 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 February 2008 - 11:51 AM in General Nerf

I wasn't all that impressed with the dart holsters you made, but this is in a different league. I agree that in a warm temperature environment they would make you annoyingly warm, but up here in Canada those would make all the difference! You get full props from me on being able to make something so functional for a war out of yarn!

#144083 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 March 2008 - 11:17 AM in General Nerf

thanks! i actually got a small poll to stuff the dart in, and it fits in one of the dart holsters. but i'm curious to what other guns you could use for the glove arm, because it really only seems to work for the "Auto Grip" because it's the only gun that I know of that the release button is actually part of the plunge tube. if you think it's possible to work a pump gun and it's trigger on your arm, like a spidy gun? well, tell me, i want to make more. um, i'll pm you for the prices for my 3 different gloves. i'll have examples made by the middle of the week.

I think you've got something there, the SDTGs could definielty work (quite easily aswell). You might even be able to fit 2 SDTGs on one arm....could be useful. I look forward to more examples.

#131315 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 03 December 2007 - 11:56 AM in Off Topic

-New dremel
-Recon
-any other misc nerf guns
-and I already have optimus prime!

#128662 Arachnophobia

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 09:00 AM in Modifications

Very badass paint job, and very badass integration. The idea of having something with the range of a big slavo attached to your wrist is pretty hardcore. Then add the fact that you can still carry another gun for a primary, makes it a scary combo! I like the inverted paint scheme better, although both are badass!

#131460 Tommy Twenty

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 December 2007 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

The Tommy 20 definitely has its advanteges. Personally I would only use it as a defense weapon for times when the enemy already knows where you are, thus nullifying the problem of excessive noise. All of the other problems of the tommy 20 are fixable with the proper mod (ie cutting a slot to stop the darts from jamming, making PETG or brass 'barrels' to stop the darts from falling out...). The proper mod will fix just about any problem any gun has though.

Just for the record, Voltage will make give the motors a higher max rpm, however if you up the amps it will give the motor more torque. More torque means more force applied to the dart, which means a better range.

#127912 The Brothers Grimm

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 09:37 AM in Modifications

Very nice mod, and write up. The guns look very clean, and like they were supposed to be modded that way. This was a VERY inspiring mod for me, as I will be doing something along the lines of this mod in the upcoming months.

These guns definitely have a very large WOW factor!

#127515 Do You Think We Kind Of Have An Anarchy?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 26 October 2007 - 09:49 AM in General Nerf

I agree with CaptainSlug, in that this site most definitely not an anarchy. I also think that you're an idiot for using anarchy to describe a system by which there are few that rule over many. By etymological definition, anarchy means "without leadership". I think what you meant to say, which would also be an inaccurate description of this community, is something more like "Stalin-istic communist state". I think the way this site is run is amazing, the more knowledge and contributions, the more respect.
Putting your inaccuracies of description aside, as well as not being nice, fuck you. FA24's contributions are not only very numerous and of a HIGH level of quality, they also inspire others to work harder at something that makes them happy. I think anyone with an IQ over 40 recognizes FA24 as a brilliant, out-side of the box thinker, who is able to apply his thoughts into the manufacturing of nerf weapons of mass destruction. Also, you claim to be using your "freedom of speech", to slander the music FA24 listens to? How hypocritical can one person get? It is FA's "freedom of speech", to pick whatever music HE fucking wants for HIS videos!
Lastly, if you think that FA's videos and write-ups are such garbage, then don't watch/read them. Not viewing his material, would be much better than viewing it, then complaining like a little bitch, and would be FAR less detrimental to your health!

#127541 Zombie Games.

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 26 October 2007 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

I would also like to know about any HvZ games happeneing in southwestern ontario. Especially if The Cardiac kid gets one going in guelph, since I will be at conestoga college in kitchener.

#127920 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 12:39 PM in General Nerf

I think fluorescent orange would be an awesome colour, and I would pay $.35/foot if FA24 says it's worth it! I'm very lazy when it comes to finding my darts, so fluorescent orange would definitely help with the ease of spotting them. I would also be a regular customer because I would rather support the "fbr industry", than spend an hour searching for the darts MIA. My major modding season is the winter; Christmas brings me new guns/modding materials, and I tend to like being in my "laboratory" (listening to hardcore metal!) rather than being out in the sometimes harsh Canadian winter.

#135879 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 13 January 2008 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Poor penguin, you did get owned. I am very much so looking forward to this war, and you're right FA wars don't come all that often in Canada. 13 days and counting!

#130943 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 04:28 PM in Nerf Wars

So far, the 3rd saturday of January is looking better for me. Does that work with everyone else?

#130841 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 28 November 2007 - 10:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Weekend Winter War, in January, in Mississauga.....I'm IN. I'll do my best to get a bunch of my college buddies to come aswell. After I hear from my buddies I'll let you know what dates will work best for us. I'm guessing my "entourage" will be about 5 people.

K_T

#130929 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 08:48 AM in Nerf Wars

If you wait a little longer to set a date in stone, I may be able to bring about 8 people. So for I have 4 people other than myself coming.

Oh the words of the wise Angel, I was also thinking that this might not be the best time to bring out some of the big guns (mind the small pun). I can vouch for my crew that we will play by the honor system, very honorably. When it comes down to it we will be there to have fun, not bitch over getting hit.

Some of my buddies are just starting to get into nerf, and I'm not sure if I can fully supply them with spare guns myself. Would anyone be able to bring a few "extras" (I know there's no such thing as an "extra" nerf gun!) to help out?

K_T

#130999 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 11:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Just as insurance, if anyone of my buddies damages anyone's nerf gun I'll personally make sure that it get's fixed. If it is un-fixable, I'll personally replace it (including any work for modding or painting).

As far as a date, the 19th of January (the 3rd saturday) seems to be what works the best for my "crew". Before we set anything in stone we should wait to hear from the others about this date though.

#131452 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 December 2007 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm liking the sounds of this war rokor. I still haven't heard from some of my buddies if they'd prefer the 19th or the 26th, so to bad for them. I'm good for the 26th.

#131495 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 December 2007 - 12:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm heading into kitchener today, so I'll be in touch with most of my buddies and will have a number as to how many are coming (I'm guessing 5 people plus myself). Rokor, if you order more pizza, I know my buddies and I will chip in our share of the bill. F_A I really hope you can get the day off. Yes deadumpster, this is getting more rediculus by the minute!