Kenpachi Taicho's Content

There have been 79 items by Kenpachi Taicho (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#127473 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 25 October 2007 - 10:58 PM in News

WOW, this gun will be a definite purchase for me. However, I think this gun will get me in a lot of trouble after I paint it!! Contrary to what many people are saying, I think this gun has a lot of primary potential, for 3 main reasons. First off there is the amazing integration possibilities as previously mentioned. The next 2 are based on a couple of "if" statements. If the plunger extends out of the back of the gun, then it could potentially be made to extend all the way to the back of the stock (and possibly past that, for the crazier modders). Next, if the loading system from the clip is very similar to the LS's loading system, there is already a great deal of write ups on how to improve it. Therefore, I think I will take my sweet time modding this gun, so that I can do it justice.

I do agree with a few of the cons on this gun however, but no gun can be perfect when still stock. The stock does look flimsy, but at the same time it would be very easy to fortify. The position of the 'cocker' looks to be a tad awkward for a riffle type gun, but a shotgun grip wouldn't too hard to integrate. I think my biggest concern with this gun, is the 'add-on' crap. If the front barrel is anything like the LS side arm, it will only hinder this gun's performance. However this is another easy modification, especially using OMC's PETG (which rules!!). For purely aesthetic purposes I would take off the potentially good sight system on the top of the gun, and replace it with a LS "scope", because there's already a "laser".

All my mumbo jumbo aside, I think this will be a devastating gun when properly modified, which definitely has an amazingly badass look to it.

#127504 How I Can Carry 2 Gunsat Once....(my First Post)

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 26 October 2007 - 07:53 AM in Modifications

I've got an idea I've been working on lately, but it seems to only work for sidearm sized guns. Rare earth magnets. I hot glued 3 magnets into a maverick, then hot glued and sewed in 3 magnets into the inside of a pair of pants. This method looks super cool, and makes for a very quick exchange of weapons, when you're out of ammo. I'll post pics of it later, like I said I'm still fine tuning the process.

#127511 Have You Been To Your Local Donation Store Lately?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 26 October 2007 - 09:27 AM in General Nerf

Wow, what an awesome find! I think I will now be hitting ALL of the local thrift store on my way home from work! Even if the magstrike doesn't completely work, you paid practically nothing for it, and can most likely use a lot of spare parts from it.

#127515 Do You Think We Kind Of Have An Anarchy?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 26 October 2007 - 09:49 AM in General Nerf

I agree with CaptainSlug, in that this site most definitely not an anarchy. I also think that you're an idiot for using anarchy to describe a system by which there are few that rule over many. By etymological definition, anarchy means "without leadership". I think what you meant to say, which would also be an inaccurate description of this community, is something more like "Stalin-istic communist state". I think the way this site is run is amazing, the more knowledge and contributions, the more respect.
Putting your inaccuracies of description aside, as well as not being nice, fuck you. FA24's contributions are not only very numerous and of a HIGH level of quality, they also inspire others to work harder at something that makes them happy. I think anyone with an IQ over 40 recognizes FA24 as a brilliant, out-side of the box thinker, who is able to apply his thoughts into the manufacturing of nerf weapons of mass destruction. Also, you claim to be using your "freedom of speech", to slander the music FA24 listens to? How hypocritical can one person get? It is FA's "freedom of speech", to pick whatever music HE fucking wants for HIS videos!
Lastly, if you think that FA's videos and write-ups are such garbage, then don't watch/read them. Not viewing his material, would be much better than viewing it, then complaining like a little bitch, and would be FAR less detrimental to your health!

#127541 Zombie Games.

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 26 October 2007 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

I would also like to know about any HvZ games happeneing in southwestern ontario. Especially if The Cardiac kid gets one going in guelph, since I will be at conestoga college in kitchener.

#127692 How I Can Carry 2 Gunsat Once....(my First Post)

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 27 October 2007 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

Thank you for enflating my ego a little bit NerfGnome! Those were my thoughts exactly, I'm just having problems with the magnet hold on through running. So far, only a pistol sized gun with 3 magnets sticks. Go magnets!

#127903 How I Can Carry 2 Gunsat Once....(my First Post)

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 08:08 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the defend Penguin. I've been lurking the site for atleast 4 months, and I know how important spelling and grammar are on here.

#127909 Sd2200umnlcw/s + Scb

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 08:51 AM in Modifications

Completely badass! I now know what to do with my LS shell. I think this is an excellent mod that gives modders an easier method of integrating a clip into any larger gun. Personally I would keep it large and in charge, this helps the wicked intimidation factor.

Props for thinking outside of the box!

#127911 Biggest Salvo

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 09:27 AM in Modifications

Nice mod, nice write up, and nice steal from the little kid! I agree, it's not your fault he wasn't watching over the un-purchased nerf items in his cart.

I was also completely amused by the sparkly picture, I like shiny things.

#127912 The Brothers Grimm

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 09:37 AM in Modifications

Very nice mod, and write up. The guns look very clean, and like they were supposed to be modded that way. This was a VERY inspiring mod for me, as I will be doing something along the lines of this mod in the upcoming months.

These guns definitely have a very large WOW factor!

#127920 Questions That Need Answering.

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 12:39 PM in General Nerf

I think fluorescent orange would be an awesome colour, and I would pay $.35/foot if FA24 says it's worth it! I'm very lazy when it comes to finding my darts, so fluorescent orange would definitely help with the ease of spotting them. I would also be a regular customer because I would rather support the "fbr industry", than spend an hour searching for the darts MIA. My major modding season is the winter; Christmas brings me new guns/modding materials, and I tend to like being in my "laboratory" (listening to hardcore metal!) rather than being out in the sometimes harsh Canadian winter.

#127921 The Spidey Dart Tag Guns Thread (warning Big Pics)

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

WOW, what an amazing little gun! I think they're perfect for integration for 2 reasons. 1) They're small enough to be added to almost any gun. 2) They still pack a very powerful punch I will be adding these to as many of my guns as possible!

#127933 A Suggestion.

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 03:21 PM in Site Feedback

I agree with the fact that there need to be separate sections for nerf events that are played for extended periods of time. As far as where we draw the line, I think we should look at what is played at a nerf war. Games like CTF and death matches should stay within the nerf wars category because they are played at nerf wars. Games like assassins and HvZ aren't played at nerf wars, because they require a much larger timeline than sunrise to sunset.

I think the fact that, according to Longbow in FA24's 'Zombie Games' thread, there were about 300 participants in one HvZ game is justification enough for this modification to the haven. There is the fan base out there for these games; I say we make it as easy as possible for them to find the information they need. The more readily available the info is would result in; more occurring nerf events, better rules, more 'options' for games. Another GIANT plus of having this information more organized, would be the help it would give to other potential colleges/universities for hosting these events. If the info is easy for people that need convincing (like the campus police, or deans/presidents) the less reluctant they are going to be in allowing and even aiding these events.

After all is said and done, I think the positive effect of this modification more than justifies the work that it would take to make FA24's idea a reality.

#127937 A Suggestion

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 03:33 PM in Site Feedback

I say no. The reason being that concepts for mods belong in the mod section, and same goes for homemades. The point being that there is already a place (that is properly organized) for concepts to be shared among the community.

#127959 A Suggestion

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 06:37 PM in Site Feedback

I might be using the term "concept" out of context for what I meant, or I might be 100% wrong (if I'm wrong, thanks for correcting me keef!). When I say "concept" I mean something that is a work in progress, or something that is 100% going to be fabricated. I don't mean a "maybe this will work", or a "I might be working on this in the future". Personally, I don't like "fence sitters".

#128005 Nerf Panzerfaust

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

I like the "big ass missle on a stick" look. I think this would be a very portable long range weapon, but that depends on its range. So what kind of ranges can you reach with this, and with how many pumps?

#128014 May Get Suspended For This... But Feel I Need To Voice My Opinion

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 October 2007 - 11:29 PM in Site Feedback

I'm going to offer the opposing opinion, of a newcomer to this site. I like the high standards. I think if you're old enough to have an account on the haven, then you should be old enough to spell and conjugate. I know that language can sometimes be a bit tricky, so here's what I do for a little assistance when I'm not 100% sure. Highlight your entire post, copy and paste into your word processing program, run spell check, copy and paste back into your post. Simple.

There's also the argument of the code of conduct, and everyone else is completely right about this. You agreed to abide by the admins rules; therefore, it's your job to make sure you're following them. I think this site helps teach people to not be lazy about their communication skills, which in my opinion is a community service in itself.

However, I do agree that things can be a little harsh here. Maybe people should be able to have a warning, or a certain amount of posts to be properly spelling and conjugating. This may already be in place, but you have to admit that it would get frustrating having to very frequently make corrections that should have been avoided. So I can see why it is harsh, it must be a pain in the ass to baby sit members who can't spell. If I remember correctly, they teach this in school.

#128031 Have You Been To Your Local Donation Store Lately?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 30 October 2007 - 08:38 AM in General Nerf

Success, I made a nice find at my local thrift store. I picked up two tek tens, a supermax 1500, and an at3k, all for $10. Thanks for the shopping advice SidearmSniper.

#128071 Help

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 30 October 2007 - 08:40 PM in General Nerf

I would try duct tape, purely because duct tape can fix everything. Hot glue would be to hard to make sure everything holds while it dries, and E-tape is no good when it comes to an air tight seal. Just remember, duct tape could even fix the government!

#128112 Blast Fire Coupler Mod

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 31 October 2007 - 09:08 AM in Modifications

I'm not familiar with this gun, and I'm wondering about it's method of operation. From the pictures it looks as though the "cocking slide" is a "selection slide", that lets you choose how many darts you fire. Is this true? Also, what is the function of the red button on the top of the gun? I would also like to know what kind of ranges you can get with this mod.

#128115 Blast Fire Coupler Mod

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 31 October 2007 - 10:55 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the walk through Slug. It was easy to understand, and very descriptive.

#128126 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 31 October 2007 - 01:48 PM in News

Very nice find CAPS! Just in time for christmas aswell, now I can get other people to buy this gun for me! I can't wait to get this gun and do some "open heart surgery".

#128208 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 01 November 2007 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

Those are a couple of bad ass mavericks anarchy, I really like the desert paint scheme. I agree with penguin, I just might be picking up another mav now. I hope you do more work that has the same level of quality.

#128213 Happy Birthday Forsaken_angel24!

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 01 November 2007 - 12:16 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday FA!

#128220 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 01 November 2007 - 02:08 PM in Modifications

How many layers of the krylon paint do you typically apply, and how long do you let them dry Anarchy?

#128306 Biggererer Salvo Idea

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 02 November 2007 - 09:39 AM in Modifications

In theory this should work (In theory communism works), and produce double the pressure for the same amount of pumps. However the pumps would become increasingly difficult to complete, because technically you're working with double the amount of force pushing back on the plunger in the tubes. To put it in simple terms; number of pumps decreases, but difficulty to pump increases. I would suggest rigging up the 2 pumps for a trial first, before you go ahead and do the rest of the modifications.

Either way it will be interesting to see the results of a mod like this.

#128309 Newbie Alert

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 02 November 2007 - 09:51 AM in Modifications

I'm also a mav fan. Their looks are completely badass.

The "straw mod" to the plunger decreases the area inside of it, therefore, increasing the output air flow of the plunger itself. I've done this mod, and the difference in ranges is noticeable. It's also an easy mod to complete (run a "McDick's" straw through the tube, fill it with expanding foam, let it dry, cut excess material flush and you're done), so I recommend it.

Every extra foot helps in any war.

#128312 Big Bad Sexy! A New Take On The Cpvc Barreled Bbb

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 02 November 2007 - 09:58 AM in Modifications

First off, very nice write up and very nice mod. It's rediculus that you're hitting 118' accuratly with only a barrell replacement. This mod makes me want to go o TRU and see what I can do with a BBB. I also like the name, Big Bad Sexy says it all!

#128561 Need Help On Repairing A Tek10

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 04 November 2007 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

I think there are only 3 plausible reasons why your tek ten won't stay loaded.

1) The bracing for the rod is broken. Frost vectron already covered this; because the tek ten is very similar to the maverick (the only real difference being that the turret indexes into the next position when cocking the gun rather than pulling the trigger).

2) The cocking rod runs directly through the back of the plunger ram, and your plunger ram could possibly be broken at the back. This would make it impossible to cock.

3) The locking mech is either worn or is missing the spring, which means that the plunger ram would never stay in the cocked position.

This is all I could come up with considering the information given. When you pull back on the cocking mech, is the plunger ram being pulled back as well (can you feel the tension of the spring)?

#128662 Arachnophobia

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 09:00 AM in Modifications

Very badass paint job, and very badass integration. The idea of having something with the range of a big slavo attached to your wrist is pretty hardcore. Then add the fact that you can still carry another gun for a primary, makes it a scary combo! I like the inverted paint scheme better, although both are badass!

#128663 Hidden Shot

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 09:43 AM in Modifications

Nice write up. The extra little bit about the notch is a very useful piece of information. I like the fact you can push 40' with a gun that will literally fit in your pocket, without making you look like you're "extra happy".

#128670 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 11:11 AM in General Nerf

I definitely think that I need a few sets of these! Doesn't matter how goofy the strap looks, the fact is you have 3 big ass shuriken on your back, and I bet that with a bit of practice you could get a little more accurate. I think the best part of these shuriken is the fact that there's no noise when you throw them, unlike when you shoot a nerf gun. Yay for a silent kill!

#128676 Eye Protection

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

Eye protection is a definite MUST HAVE for me. I was recently in the most hostile nerf environment I've ever been in (a dorm room with 6 guys equipped with either a modded mav or a modded nf, watching hockey), and got smoked in the eye. In all fair ness I should've known to be wearing my eye gear, especially considering all we were going for was head shots. Blurry vision absolutley affects your aim, wear eye protection!

#128678 Toronto Toys R Us Big Nerf Sale!

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 November 2007 - 02:43 PM in General Nerf

The 25% off is pretty badass, but I think I'll wait to see if TRU will do a price drop in Canada, due to the dollar comparison.

Longshot in Canada= $33.67
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2685088

Longshot in US = STILL $29.99
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=2297744

Our dollar is relatively equal, but the prices aren't (even with 25% off). If you live near the border in Canada, you might as well just hop over to the States and buy your nerf gear. Personally I don't live near the border, so my only option is to see if Canadian stores will make good on their word of doing some price drops before Christmas.

#128783 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 November 2007 - 08:58 AM in General Nerf

I agree with Cmdrmack, a nerf ninja clan would dominate, and make for an interesting change in pace at a war. I have a couple of suggestions about nerf ninja rules at a war.

1) I think they shouldn't be able to wield guns. This is because ninjas are just too badass to use a gun to kill.

2) They should be able to block any incoming darts with any of their weapons (sword, massive shuriken). They are ninja's after all.

Z-man12, I bet you're thinking of a smaller type of shuriken, where these naruto ones are meant to be HUGE. I think they supposed to be like Mizuki's giant shuriken from the first episode! I don't think that these shuriken could be thrown multiple at a time, without lots of practice that is.

#128892 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 November 2007 - 10:58 PM in Off Topic

I listen to

-queen
-Pink Floyd
-Mettalica
-Korn
-rammstien
-static-x
-Linkin Park
-Three Days grace
-Megadeath
-Iron maiden
-Guns'n'roses
-AC/DC
-System of a down

And Disturbed, I can't believe that no one has mentioned disturbed yet.

#128930 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 07 November 2007 - 09:41 AM in Off Topic

For all you rap haters, listen to real rap/hip hop. 99% of the shit you hear on the radio sucks my dry, dry balls. If you've listened to some real stuff with an open mind and still don't like it then, you can say you don't like it,

Sam, you've got the right idea here. I'm a hard core metal fan, but I have some friends that are huge into hip hop. My buddies told me the same thing, I listened to the hip hop they listen to and I liked it. You're 100% right with the fact that 99% of what "rap" is today is "pop-rap". It's the same thing with rock, a good chunk of rock out there is "pop-rock" (like coldplay, nickelback, good charlotte, U2....the list goes on).

And generaly music that is soothing.

Why because I find it helps me get ideas from brain to paper to reality.

That's where Pink Floyd comes in. I have all their songs on my computer at work and it tends to make the day easier, not to mention make the idea production department run a little smoother.

#128934 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 07 November 2007 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

After reading; Recruit's, SHA's and Z-man12's posts, I've come to the conclusion that these massive foamy shuriken would be a perfect accessory for LARP'ing. I like the idea of having giant foamy poison shuriken, not sure if I'd want to be known a shitty shuriken thrower though (cheesy pun completely intended!). I think that a shuriken wielding ninja should be able to use them as a melee weapon, as they'd only be really good for defensive (short ranged, yes short range melee exists) melee purposes.

On a side note, how many people are interested in a Nerf Ninja Clan?

#129063 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 09:04 AM in Off Topic

This simple explanation might answer your question: Disturbed is not talented. In a later post you stated that you were 'hardcore into metal.' Again, don't take this as an attack, but I find it funny since three bands you've listed are actually metal - Metallica, Megadeth, and Iron Maiden.

My exact words were "I'm a hard core metal fan". Having said that I was in no way shape or form claiming that EVERY band I listen to is metal. Considering the fact that the bands and the quote were in 2 different posts, I thought you'd be able to figure that out.

"Disturbed is not talented", is a VERY opinionative statement. If you're going to say something like that, you might want to back it up with some sort of proof, or atleast claim it to be your opinion rather than a fact. I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.
Therefore, I call your bullshit.

You claim in your post that what you say isn't an "attack", but rag'n on people for how they classify what they listen to is an attack. Some people take music seriously, as it is a very large portion of their life. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the point of this thread is to get people talking about what kind of music they like, not criticize people for misplacing a few bands in wrong categories.

To make you feel better about this and to not draw too much controversy to this post, don't take this as an attack. Ha ha ha, I bet this is what you were thinking when you wrote "don't take this as an attack". In all seriousness this is meant as an attack, well more of a rebuttle than an attack.

#129065 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

I think you're on to something there SHA. It might not be able to fit into a shuriken, but I definitely think a ninja weapon (that could spread micro's in that fashion) would be extremely useful!