Unit ZER0's Content

There have been 33 items by Unit ZER0 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#291890 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 31 December 2010 - 01:08 AM in Modifications

I did some detailing on my two Barricades, and now they look a bit like the "Lacerator" from the "Ratchet and Clank" videogame series. I figured coloring in the "radiator" hoses on the barrel, and adding some color to the rear hardpoint would bring the overall look together. Plus, the barrel no longer looks like it was stuck on at the last moment. Other additions are painting the grips, the safety, the drum, and doing the screw heads to look like futuristic "magnetic screws", and the clip loop in now two-tone.

Dual Lacerators:
Posted Image

Modifications include, the 9-Volt conversion: (I'm using rechargeables)
Posted Image

And the Drive Wheel taping: (I've also implemented the trigger-link momentary switch mod)
Posted Image

#289465 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 07:13 AM in General Nerf

Personally, I would go with a Stampede, with the Raider drum. For a secondary, I would use either a Recon core, or the Dart Tag Furyfire. The Stampede provides automatic ownage, and the Furyfire is like a 10-round shotgun/grenade launcher. The recon core is useful for speed, although it's ammo capacity isn't the greatest.

#289457 What Got You Started Nerfing?

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 06:32 AM in General Nerf

I got started working with and shooting nerf because airsoft was too expensive, and I can't leave well enough alone when it comes to basic mechanical gadgetry. I just want to make it better, faster, stronger. My first blaster was a longshot, the basis of the first "Shattershot" blaster. I just thougt: "How can we get this to shoot further, straighter, and faster?" That has been my mentality with every nerf blaster I have bought since. The additional modules I have built are other examples of being unable to leave well enough alone, and wanting to push the technological envelope, even if only a little.

#289361 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 01:19 PM in Modifications

Nerf isn't about sharp shooting. If that's what you want to do, play airsoft. Nerf is about running around and jumping around corners at close range and shooting people's bodies (not heads). That's why Nerf guns that aren't manual powered (cocking or pumping) or have ranges of well over 100 feet are generally extremely erotic because they defeat the purpose of nerfing.

And I assume you can't extent the stock because when you cock it, the stock collapses? That's what the stock-lock mod is for, open it up and stick some PVC in there to keep it from closing. It'll be (somewhat) permanently extended, but it's better that way anyways.

Thanks for the info. In theory you could use this blaster in the "typical" nerfer manner. (running around, jumping, etc.) That's what my other project, the Gyrostabilizer Module does, it makes a blaster this long easy to aim, because it makes it more stable when on the move, and also makes it possible to fire while in motion. Regarding the non-extending stock. That's actually intentional, a shorter stock means a more secure grip, and your face is closer to the scope, for easier targeting.

#289372 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

This is just a longshot that has an AR removal and spring additions that has a lsfg with a giant barrel on it. There is no way you can be a "sharp shooter" with streamlines, let alone get the ranges of 100 feet.

I couldn't believe it either at first, but the numbers don't lie. And the type of streamlines does make a difference. For example "E" Streamlines are slightly denser, and the rubber tip is a tad heavier, with a different shape, compared to "T" Streamlines, which have a lighter, more rounded orange tip, and are comparatively lighter. The overall condition of the darts is also a factor. And yes, you can get a pretty predictable shot pattern, it depends on how you load your darts into your clips, how straight you've plumbed your barrel, and how well you've zeroed your laser.

#289375 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 02:43 PM in Modifications

Remember that those ranges are angled. Everyone here measures flat ranges. An angled range of 100' is easy, my CPVC'd NF could do that. His longshot is probably hitting around 60' flat, which is perfectly reasonable.

EDIT
How much of an advantage do you get compared to just aiming down the barrel?

Flat distance is about what you said, I haven't tested it recently though. Since I use it almost exclusively sighting through the scope with the laser on, I can't really do a comparative analysis, but I would guess the advantage to laser sighting vs just eyeballing it is pretty significant against stationary targets at short, and medium range, fading to negligible at long to very long range. The differences would converge faster outdoors of course. Versus moving targets, it would be mainly a case of how well you know your blaster, and your ammo, with the laser and scope combination providing a slight advantage at medium range.

#289384 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

Am I missing something that explains why this is actually being discussed rather than relegated to the category of "modifications" established by The Overkill?

I agree 100% with what's been said already in regards to this missing the point of nerf. As a modder that works exclusively with stock darts, my experience with streamlines has been that they fishtail radically as soon as they begin to lose forward velocity. The only way to make them accurate is to fire them at high velocity by rear loading them into long and/or tight fitting barrels so they get distance before fishtailing. The result is a gun that leaves welts at 30 feet.

TL:DR, sharpshooting isn't an effective or even possible way to nerf, ESPECIALLY with stock streamlines of ANY type.

Furthermore, laser sights can be fun for shits and giggles, but I would NEVER allow one at my war. Who wants to be laser'd in the eye?

Well, mine doesn't leave welts at 30 feet... To address your fishtailing issue, I have experienced that problem as well, the trick is a longer barrel. Firing this blaster with a recon barrel, for example, produces the fishtail effect. The custom barrel I have attached eliminates this altogether. The total barrel length, or distance the dart must travel from breech to muzzle, is approximately 37.5 inches. Couple that to the fact that the air from the main cylinder is forced around the dart as it traverses this distance helps with eliminating fishtail. Earlier versions of my project had shorter barrels, and they did cause the darts to fishtail. Plus, my plunger is double-gasketed, I am using two gaskets around the plunger edge, instead of the one it comes with, so the air seal is better. All I know is, it works... And to address your issue with lasers, wear eye protection, preferably polarized lenses. And it is up to the responsible nerfer, if he has a laser, to not aim at his opponents eyes. Attempting to "dazzle" opponents with your targeting laser is both rude, and uncalled for.

#289046 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

I built the prototype of this blaster about 4 years ago, but recently, it broke, and I brought it back to life with another spring, and new body. It's intentionally unpainted, so that others can see what parts went into it, and maybe build their own. Here are the physical Specs:

TOTAL LENGTH: 48 inches
TOTAL WEIGHT: Approx. 2.75Lbs
TOTAL AMMO CAPACITY: 2X6 round clips, or 1x6 rounds, and 1X18 rounds
MAX RANGE: 100+ft (At ideal angle)
MAX HEADSHOT RANGE: 35-40ft (Without a breeze)

Modifications from stock:
Additional barrel extension
AR Removal
Triple spring (Three Longshot springs, nested inside each other)
Removal of secondary blaster, installation of LASER sight
Additional tactical rail for accessories at front of barrel
Muzzle "brake"

Photos Below:

Side:
Posted Image
Top:
Posted Image
Front:
Posted Image
Breakdown:
Posted Image
(NOTE: you cannot extend the stock, in order to successfully draw the bolt back.)

#289373 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

It is not a problem aiming on the run even without a "gyrostabilizer". Shorter stocks may be easier to aim with, but they are extremely uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable, maybe. Easier to aim? Definitely.

#289213 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 28 November 2010 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Remind me never to nerf with you if you run around aiming for peoples' heads.

Actually, I prefer to sharpshoot more than run around. Just don't stand still too long, and you'll be reasonably safe.

#289498 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 04:14 PM in Modifications

I was wondering if you could explain how you came about this reasoning, as it seems extremely counter-intuitive.

One would typically think that a person would grip their blaster most securely if the blaster's stock was at a comfortable length for that person.

I have a weird grip style, so the shorter stock works for me, plus I need my eye as close to the scope as possible.

#289512 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

This really is fascinating, but it needs way more ghillie suit.

That's pushing it a bit too far... Well... If the ghillie suit was in the traditional NERF colors... Maybe. No, it's still too far.

#289579 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 01 December 2010 - 03:12 AM in Modifications

The gun it self is, again, a little too tacticool, but its not bad for a first gun.

I've seen that word in several threads, what exactly does "tacticool"mean, and why is it a bad thing?

#289496 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

Can you make a video of all your headshot kills? That'd be soooo cool. Do you have some kind of training from the military? What's that little thingy on the end for? Is it part of the lazer? How much does the scope help when sharpshooting? Ignore him, he's just jealous that he's not a good shot. Once again, great job. It's nice to see some innovation in the nerf community for once.

The thing on the end is a faux "Muzzle Brake" It's just there to look cool (If I weighted it, it might make a good recoil compensator, it this thing actually had recoil). next time I have a game I'll try to remember a camera.

#289205 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 11:52 PM in Modifications

It looks nice, but you expect us to believe that 3 LS springs and an AR removal can get you 100ft ranges? :blink:

I'm guessing that "Ideal Angle" means 45°, not flat. The "Headshot" range is probably closer to what it gets.

I had no idea that 3 longshot springs even could be nested. I couldn't get one to nest inside a lanard shot gun spring, which is slightly larger.

I took two of the springs and compressed them down with a vice-grips so they could be nested, then cut the ends with cutters so all three springs were the same length. And, Ideal angle is closer to 25-30 degrees up off horizontal. My house is about 35 feet long, and at that angle the darts still hit about 7 feet off the floor when fired at that angle from shoulder level. When I tested it outside, 95 to 100 feet was the average distance. Dart quality, condition, and type affect overall range, ("E" darts go further than "T" darts, for example) and at max range the accuracy isn't the greatest, but it will keep opponents heads down. Headshot Distance refers to the maximum distance the laser dot and the scope converge at, and at which shots can be reliably placed using the graduations on the scope itself as reference. I boresighted the laser to about this range. Under real-world conditions, I have scored three headshots at about the 35 foot range.

#289441 Longshot Cs6 X-ii "shattershot"

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

But if you're angling your shots how is a laser even going to help?

Good point, but the laser is intended for short to medium range work. It's basically pointless after about 35 to 40 feet anyways, and the accuracy naturally decreases with distance. The only point for long range shooting is mainly to keep opponents heads down, and maybe score a lucky shot. I mainly battle in urban, cluttered, and indoor areas, where there are few open spaces, with lots of cover, and your best/only chances of scoring a hit are when someone pokes their head around a corner, or over an obstacle. Not to mention we often battle with an objective, and a time limit to reach that objective. (Classic "Disarm the Nuke" scenarios usually)

#289444 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 12:16 AM in Modifications

Though ilzot makes a valid point, disregard it and keep fucking innovating- despite what older/wiser types may tell you, that is the very spirit of nerf (if such a thing exists). I often make cool shit that a) has no use in an actual war, and b ) i don't post here- anticipating the same "senior members know what nerf is and i don't" knee-jerk reaction. Always innovate. Continue to do shit that has not been tried before. To quote a pillar of this very community, "nerf on or fuck off". Word.

AMEN.

PS - What exactly have you invented? I am quite curious to see what outrageous/amazing innovations other users have come up with. In fact, there really should be a subforum off this one for "Special Projects" basically a trip down Mad Science Lane. They don't even have to be actual blasters, things like accessories, addons, modules, or ways to shoot farther, faster, and straighter than everyone else.

#289455 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 04:20 AM in Modifications

Great job building something beyond the technical capabilities of 99% of the people that read these boards. I know that I don't have the patience that it would take to make something like this.

But from a practical perspective, don't you think that someone concerned about accuracy while running would gain more by spending the same amount of time that they would building one of these just practicing shooting on the move?

I am also curious about battery life, and whether the the N-Strike attachment rail seems reliable to you.

Well, the tactical rail is actually glued to the gyro mounts inside the main body, so the gyro effect is transferred directly to the blaster. It runs on a single 9-volt battery, and while I haven't actually tested the overall battery life, I have run it for about 10 minutes straight without any problem. And you are right, practicing with your chosen blaster is a very good idea, the first rule of any type of activity is know your equipment, after all. By that same token, taking advantage of any edge you can gain over the other guy, be it equipment, or technology is a good idea too.

#289380 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

How much does it weigh? At nerf ranges I'd think extra weight would more than counteract stability since the goal of this seems to be to improve effectiveness while mobile.

It doesn't weigh that much, maybe a few ounces? A close guess would be about as much as a 4-pack of nine-volt batteries.

#289091 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 02:10 PM in Modifications

It looks like replacing the battery is going to be a pain once it dies. Also, what n-strike attachment is that made out of?

Actually, not really, the endcap on the long end is just pressed in, it comes right out, but stays locked in, because it has a grooved flange that fits inside the main body of the Gyro.

#289069 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 10:15 AM in Modifications

Have you ever held a gyroscope? They have this funny property of not wanting to be moved, so they cut down on the movement the gun goes through, theoretically making it more stable and accurate. Megaprops for building this Mega, but I get the feeling this is a high-work low-payoff sorta build.

Thanks for the props, and you're absolutely right, this is a high work-low payoff build. It's more of a proof-of-concept build, proving that a nerf blaster can in fact be stabilized by a gyro system. The next step is using faster motors, and heavier, possibly spherical flywheels to see if the effect can be magnified to a degree where the gun is locked in place, or at least much more stable than it is now.

#289048 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 02:37 AM in Modifications

A while back I got to thinking about how it would be so much easier to fire my blaster when running if I had a more stable platform from which to fire... The result can be seen below. The G.S.S. MkI (Gyro Stabilization System Mark One) It has a dual switch system, and is lined with foam to help keep the noise down. I have also included a schematic of the basic power-train, and systems. The Green represents the switch, the red and blue the wires. The entire assembly is powered by one nine-volt battery. The motors and flywheels, indicated in teal, are arranged back-to-back, and are wired so that when viewed along the long axis, both flywheels spin in the same direction. During tests, it did in fact impart a stabilizing effect to the blaster. Ideally, this device would be best suited for use when firing from either a vehicle, or when moving at extreme speed. the MKII will have more powerful motors, and larger, possibly spherical flywheels. The gyro effect is most noticeable with smaller blasters, less so with larger ones.

Photos Below:

Internals:
Posted Image

Top:
Posted Image

Right:
Posted Image

Left:
Posted Image

3Quarter:
Posted Image

Internals:

Front:
Posted Image

Side:
Posted Image

Top:
Posted Image

Full view, Note the foam used to help transfer the gyro effect, and keep the noise down:
Posted Image

I used the casing for one of the scopes you get with a longshot, but any scope will do, the advantage is that when you use a scope, you retain the clips, and the device can be attached to the tactical rails on any N-Strike blaster.

#289393 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

Sorry bro but I'm gonna have to call you out on a few things.

To start off with, you're really on the verge of entering milsim and overdoing category of Nerf. This really isn't appreciated around here. Nerf is really a simple game in which you run around with guns that are psuedo-shotguns where you just shoot from 30 feet and cross your fingers. Talk of gyrostabilization modules and shooting from vehicles and turrets and precision sights and headshot ranges is overcomplicating stuff so simple. You really REALLY need to take a step back.

You're a new guy around here and you might even come off as a little arrogant at times. You almost seem as if you think you've been doing this for years and know what you're doing. Truth is, you probably don't. Lurk for a little and read a few topics for a few days and see what other people are producing.

You seem to be a smart enough kid with the mindset for Nerfing. However, tone it down. Stuff like this isn't necessary. Check out a few videos of Nerf wars and I think you'll see what I mean. Really, wars are all about rushing like a dumbass, having a good time, and just messing around and having a few laughs. Trust me, stuff like this turns into douchebags taking pot shots from the back of a field and blowing someones eye out. This isn't Call of Duty shit.

Keep with Nerf but I'm gonna have to say screw this stuff. Work on a simple primary, a simple secondary, a pistol, and maybe even a homemade. Soon you might feel the true spirit of Nerf that I'm referring to.

I do apologize if I am coming off as arrogant. That is not my intention, but I do believe long range shooting is a key to a successful overall strategy. If you and your teammates have different specialties, blitz, sharpshooting, area denial, etc. You can develop overwhelming superiority in a variety of situations. Simple is good, but adding in a few neat bits of gadgetry to get that edge can inspire others to do the same, and contribute to an overall fun experience for everyone. Maybe I have a different mindset because I mainly play in an urban environment. Timing is everything, and cover is abundant. With so few open spaces, and usually playing with a time limit, getting your rounds downrange accurately is a really big deal.

#289203 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

Interesting concept, though I expect the result would be the opposite of what you were going for: the rotational mass would make the blaster slower to aim (since it will resist quick direction changes), for example when snap shooting multiple targets with a semi auto. And I sincerely doubt it adds any type of stability to a bouncing/bobbing/weaving person on the move. I can back up this statement by demonstrating that no actual firearms use such a device, and surely a more stable firing platform (if it worked) would be in use by the military.

That may be the case... But it still works. I have tested it extensively, and, so far as using it on a smaller blaster for snap shooting goes, you're right. But, it's not really intended for that. The gyro is intended for attachment to a long rifle type blaster, like my "Shattershot" or a similar layout of very powerful springs, very long barrel, and high accuracy. It would be used for shooting from a moving vehicle, or for scoped-in shots while walking towards or away from a target at long to very long range. If you take a look at the Shattershot, you will notice an additional tactical rail has been added to the lower surface of the forward body of the blaster, on the blue part. That is the ideal position for the gyro, or some place close to it. Certain models of Nerf blasters have a rail in this position already, or pretty close. That is where the gyro can do the most good. The intent is to make the blaster as stable for sharpshooting when moving, as when you are standing still.

#289370 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 29 November 2010 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

You think we could get a shot of the actual internals, and not just a diagram?

Done, see the first post. Keep in mind, I went for a few visual effects as well, so my internal wiring is a little more complicated than the diagram.

#289224 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 28 November 2010 - 02:14 AM in Modifications

Not just motors, servos, and only two would be required for complete 3 axis control (3 If you wanted a true "Target and Forget" setup that could rotate the barrel 180 degrees from your own heading). Incidentally, micro servos are not only cheap, they consume very little power. It is possible (to someone with even just a basic knowledge of r/c stuff). Not likely, but possible.

I think we're getting well into "Armored Mobile Suit" territory here... Add a motion sensor, laser rangefinder, and auto-trigger, and you have the makings of a War Machine-esque secondary turret you could mount to your back...

EDIT: I just had a mental image of Dual-Wielding Barricades, and having one of those things strapped to my back... Variable threat response anyone?

#289215 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 28 November 2010 - 01:27 AM in Modifications

What actually made me even read this post was the title. As someone that has been building/flying rc helicopters for years, I am aware that compact digital gyroscopes have become very inexpensive (even the 3 axis ones). What would be incredibly friggin cool would be to actually use them to stabilize the firing platform. The whole idea is that they are capable of making tiny adjustments to either x,y, or z axis hundreads of times a second, ie much much faster than a person is capable. Using this technology, it would theoretically be possible to construct a firing platform that could keep the barrel pointed on target irregardless of the direction or movements of the nerfer holding said platform (much like watching the turret of an M1A1 stay pointed at its target while the hull of the tank transverses uneven ground, changes heading, etc). I believe my idea is vastly superior, and would appreciate you getting to work on it right away :blink:

Edit: I'm sorry, did you just say

It would be used for shooting from a moving vehicle, or for scoped-in shots while walking towards or away from a target at long to very long range.

Where the fuck do you nerf? From moving vehicles and such I mean, and who does these vehicular wars with you? Do you host Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome scenario games? I want to play.

Well, the "From a Vehicle" part is a little over the top, but the idea is still sound... I think. (Perhaps from the back of an ATV or pickup truck Halo Style...) Regarding your "Total Stabilizer" idea, it could work... In fact, I had been toying with a 4-motor design, with either the motors arranged in an "X" configuration near the blaster's center of mass, with the barrel in the exact center, or a design with six motors arranged in a "cube" type configuration. The only major drawbacks I can think of at this point would be the ridiculous amount of power such a system would require, and how you would actually wear it... You would need to wear something like a steadicam rig, to achieve true stability. And that's without worrying about the occasional errant crosswind.

#289460 Barrel Tapping - A Cheap Shot?

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 06:38 AM in General Nerf

But you see, must rules state that once you barrel tap, you must shoot your dart into the ground. If it doesn't, well the tapee is not out.

Ok, that clears it up for me some, thanks.

#289456 Barrel Tapping - A Cheap Shot?

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 30 November 2010 - 06:22 AM in General Nerf

I have been reading the forums for a bit, and admittedly, I do not haver the full picture, but from what I understand so far, it is permissible to "tap" an opponent with the barrel of one's blaster if one sneaks up on them in the midst of combat. Just my opinion, but this seems a bit ridiculous. For starters, how do you know the tagger in question even has any ammo left? How do you know he has a round chambered, but his blaster's jammed? It just feels like it would be very frustrating to the taggee in that kind of situation. It reminds me of when persons use "beatdown" when playing Halo against other human players. It's a legitimate strategy when playing against the computer, but a cheap shot if you can't handle the controls, and just can't shoot straight. The same thought applies to the use of "Barrel Tapping" in the real world, if you cannot shoot straight, or you are out of ammo, barrel tapping seems like a cheap shot. There's my two cents, what do the rest of you think?

#290687 Flip-up "grenade" Sight

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 12 December 2010 - 12:29 PM in Modifications

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's already been done. http://nerfhaven.com...hl=Ladder Sight

This is a much easier way to do it, but his had more options on his ladder.

I took a look at that one, and it's really nice, but this one is, as you mentioned, much simpler. I may do some testing, and write the approximate distances on the notches, just like the real thing. Google "Grenade Sight" and a couple of the images are pretty close to the way this looks. I used them as inspiration.

#290669 Flip-up "grenade" Sight

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 12 December 2010 - 02:58 AM in Modifications

Here is yet another bizzare, yet useful accessory for your blaster: the Flip-up "Grenade" sight. You basically take a Nerf Recon's flip up sight, remove the orange piece, and then drill holes at specific hash marks on either side, using a 1/16 inch drill bit (Do it by hand, the hash marks are aligned, so if your holes are aligned, the crossbars will be too) Drill your holes so that the open space is divided into three spaces, then enlarge your holes with a 5/64 drill bit (Again, by hand) The crossbars are made of the stripped jacketing from 20-gauge wire. (If you make them too long, it's OK, just Krazy-Glue them in place, then trim the excess) After the glue dries, then use a length of electrical tape 1/2 an inch long, and place it so that it "sandwiches" the new crossbar. Cut your noches, and you're done.

Here are some photos:

Folded:
Posted Image

Open 3Quarter:
Posted Image

Open Side:
Posted Image

For best results, attach it to an "Alpha Trooper" or a "Furyfire" As seen below.

Attached Rear:
Posted Image

Attached Side:
Posted Image

#289047 Laser Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 02:24 AM in Modifications

Here's a mod I did last month, taking the lighting module from a recon, and inserting a 5Mw green LASER unit into it. It's a pretty simple mod, the laser has the same power requirements the LED does, so it's just a matter of switching the two components out.

Front:
Posted Image
3Quarter view:
Posted Image

You can buy them on Amazon Here: http://www.amazon.co...duct/B0018IA9E0

The beam itself appears even in mostly lit rooms, and if you align it properly, it gives you a devastating advantage, especially at range.

#289093 Laser Module

Posted by Unit ZER0 on 27 November 2010 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

You just love these attachments, don't you? I like this idea but I have a feeling some wars won't allow em'. Lasers have a tendency to blind people...

Indeed, nothing puts a scare into an opponent quite like a laser you can actually see in a dimly lit arena.

And, to quote another weapons nut: "... Nothing puts the fear of God into a man like orange whizzing past his head"