MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53249 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 April 2005 - 11:32 PM in Homemades

Accurate Range: 10ft
Intended Use: losing

Accurate Range: 25ft
Intended Use: losing

You've got to be kidding me.

#58450 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 June 2005 - 04:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cons:
None that I know of.

Cons:
Moves the weight around inside the glue dome, throwing off the balance. Both Suave and I have noticed this.

I really don't have any dartmaking tips, and if I did you should do the opposite of what I say because my darts suck.

#60369 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 July 2005 - 06:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

Colored hot glue.

#60091 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 04:43 PM in Off Topic

I just downloaded the no-nonsense console and joined the NH team. Err, I think I did.

When I hit control+alt+delete there is two FAH things listed - FahCore_82.exe and FAH502-Console.exe. Most of the CPU is going to FahCore_82 and none of it is at FAH502-Console, is this correct?

#61225 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 August 2005 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

Man, this makes me want to upgrade to my PC. Or maybe just get a new one, since this thing has so many problems anyway.

Fold on! Hey I finally got ahead of Uncle Hammer :ph34r:

#62943 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 September 2005 - 08:43 PM in Off Topic

F@H just isn't working anymore.

I was on vacation and completed multiple WUs, all of which were rejected.

I think my computer is slowing down, too.

Anyone else notice this besides the all-mighty Pineapple (you have a sweet golf cart if you're reading this, by the way) and myself?

#62221 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 August 2005 - 11:54 PM in Off Topic

My computer:

Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB SDRAM

My points are a little low and are going to be that way for a couple days cuz I'm uploading CD's into iTunes.

#60131 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 10:54 PM in Off Topic

Oooh! I get it.

How can I tell when I've finished a WU?

#62909 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 September 2005 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

I'm suprised a little old group of nerf fanatics have gone so far on F@H

Has the Revenge of the Nerds series taught you nothing? Never underestimate the power of nerds or their computers in large groups.

Yeah but we passed up Folding@MENSA. How the hell did that happen?

Fold on or fuck off, bitches.

#60125 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

Okay, I think I might've done something wrong, but I dunno what. I'm not on the list.

#62084 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 August 2005 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

Would getting more RAM help me in this at all or not?

Fold on or fuck off

#52543 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 April 2005 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

Although they re-released it several times already, it has essentially been replaced by the AT2k

I beg to differ. I extremely prefer my SM1500 over my AT2Ks.

, the AT2k gets same ranges, on same pumps, if not less, and is smaller.

SM1500 tends to get a bit more range at the same amount of pumps as an AT2K. AT2Ks are smaller than SM1500s, but that's more of a disadvantage than an advantage. AT2Ks are harder to hold, shoot, pump, they're uglier, and have less space for mods, integrations, and whatever else you want to do with it. Also they have smaller turrets.

My want list for re-releases:
Airjet Power Plus
Hyper Sight
SuperMAXX Larami (old school ones)

Also, it would be funny if they re-released some guns that nobody seems to want, for example Perceptor, Autogrip, etc.

#50738 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 March 2005 - 04:13 PM in General Nerf

And what about the Airtech series that was a rip of the supermaxx series?

But SuperMAXX was better. Better shells, and there were some better guns. They didn't release the SM750 or the SM5000 into the AT line, did they? Boy do I miss the old days...

#51081 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 March 2005 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for kiddies......

~Snippity~
The orange thing on top is the cocking mechanism like the Maverick.  There are ammo holders on both sides.  The switch turns the light on and off.  A light flashes to activate glow in the dark darts each time the trigger is pulled.

Am I the only one here who thinks that thing looks uncomfortable and ugly? I hate P90's, and that's almost kind of like one...

Tell me the firefly isn't the coolest thing you've ever seen.  Btw, these are shots of painted models, not what they will look like EXACTLY at market.

The firefly isn't the coolest thing I've ever seen.

#52120 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 April 2005 - 11:41 PM in General Nerf

When can we expect to know what is being re-released, or when it is going to be re-released?

#60186 Firefly Out Online

Posted by MattPaintballer on 25 July 2005 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

AT2K 2-packs are at Target, 3K 2-packs are at TRU.

#42058 N-strike Maverick

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 November 2004 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

Wow, thanks for the pictures! Umm I've got a question. Will the new N-Strike guns be compatible with the current ones (Hornet, Titan, Scout)? ie. Could I take the Titan and put like the Maverick on it??? please say yes please say yes...

#42065 N-strike Maverick

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 November 2004 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

I think you mean the PEV-6 is real... IX-3=Scout, PEV-6=Mav.

#57009 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 June 2005 - 10:00 PM in Off Topic

The Goonies and Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle are the best movies EVAR!

#57216 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 June 2005 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

You guys, The Goonies is the best god damn movie evar. I cannot strees how hilarious it is. The first two times I saw it I wet myself I'm not kidding - ask my brother or my neighbor, they were there. Kind of embarrassing but it's that damn funny.

It's a Steven Spielberg classic. If you haven't seen it, go rent it now, or hell just buy it. I'm not kidding it's cheaper to buy the DVD from a pawn shop than it is to rent the VHS. The Goonies was the best $4.79 + shipping I've ever spent.

By the way, how was The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? I've read the whole series and the local paper said the movie is more enjoyable after reading the series and extremely sucky if you haven't read it. I want to see The Longest Yard, I've heard it's hilarious, and it's got both Adam Sandler and Chris Rock so I have to see it. And how was Madagascar?

#49002 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by MattPaintballer on 08 March 2005 - 12:48 AM in General Nerf

Like anyone who is less than 12 is going to vote. I should make a poll to see how many of you lied about your age when signing up...

I didn't lie, my brother signed me up :).

Just kidding. I used to do that though :).

Edit: Ugh, typo! How can I screw up a smiley? :rolleyes:

#54892 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 May 2005 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Single Brass sm1500
Single PVC sm1500

Why in the hell did you single barrel your SM1500s?!?!

YOU MURDERER!

#53304 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 April 2005 - 11:43 PM in Off Topic

1. Rollerblade TRS Access, trying to get new wheels (preferrably Cozmos)

2. Haro bike, green and can't remember the model name

3. JD Razor, green handle grips and wheels

4. NSS shoes

If I ever get a car, I'm getting a Toyota Prius. I'm sorry but $2.57 per gallon is just WAY too much, but 70 miles per gallon should keep the costs down.

#53498 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 25 April 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

In coherence with this topic:
Bush is meeting with a Saudi prince (you'd be suprised that the Saudi's are the richest people in the world) to try to lower gas prices.

What has our country come to? Complete deceit, that's what. You can't listen to everything you hear on the news, you have to find out what they are saying and then get another opinion. Then you can form your own opinion and that's when you realize things. The only way we can lower gas prices is if we raise taxes. You know how Bush has been lowering taxes and then sending you checks? It's bull. Complete bull. It makes you think you're getting more money but you're not. You end up paying more than you would with higher taxes because the lower taxes are causing extreme side effects.

And cars, well the only way I would ever modify my car is to run on something other than gas. That would be the shiznat. When I get a car, I'm gonna buy some bumper stickers for it. I like bumper stickers. I like reading them. Does anybody know if it's possible to make your own bumper stickers? That would be awesome, because I've seen many that I would like but I've never seen bumper stickers for sale anywhere.

#53376 Your Ride?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 April 2005 - 05:38 PM in Off Topic

I have a ghetto car for now.

A red 88'  Ford Crown Victoria LX edition.

Aren't Crown Victorias used for police cruisers sometimes? I didn't think they were available to the public :D.

Edit: Oh, and Jakethesnake, Bushy is "hooked up." He knows some people in the oil business and they are helping each other (and lying to our country) and that's why the gas prices are so high. It's extremely deceitful, and I'm EXTREMELY ashamed that guy was elected in the first place, and even more ashamed he was re-elected.

Edit2:

Julie drives an '05 Prius completely loaded with bluetooth

Pardon the stupidity, but what's bluetooth?

#43278 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 December 2004 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

You mean it's not a sticky?!?!? Oh crap... Sorry!

#43270 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 December 2004 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

I'd pay <$0.20 per foot because I get 30' of gray FBR for 13 cents/foot. I also know where to get white FBR :nugget:

#64208 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

But you can get off two shots very quickly which in essence is like having a double shot gun that you hold with both of your hands.

Key words being "in essence"

#63408 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 September 2005 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

es the Koosh things get pretty good range and amazing accuracy, but they're not good for so-called "losing." See if your Tornado gets 80 feet flat accurately (I have no idea what ranges they get, I've just heard good about them) and you try to hit me from 70 feet, I'm just going to step to the side a couple feet and rush you. Those things take forever to load, especially because of the slider thing. If you take that off it gets faster, but its still a bit slow RoF.

Edit: SG Pilot, LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

#64206 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 23 September 2005 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

If you dual weild them then it's no longer a single shot. Is it not?

If I carry around seven PVC'd Crossbows - two in each hand, one on a strap on my back, and two in my pockets - does that make them fully automatic?

So to answer your question: No, it is not. It is still single shot.

Edit: Typo

#63436 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 10 September 2005 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

LBB's work better with darts because of size and aerodynamics and stuff.

So ultimately, it's more practical to use stefans than to use arrows/missles?

Your kidding right? Darts are smaller, more accurate, cheaper, get better range, and have much higher velocities then arrows. Common sense man.

Yeah but for indoor/unmodded/air-restrictor-removal-only wars, the Blast Bazooka missiles and Max Shot bombs are a lot of fun, and pretty practical too. They bounce really well which is useful and hella cool. If you know how to use them, you can win wars with them.

#53048 Good News, Bad News

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 April 2005 - 10:25 PM in General Nerf

Okay, seriously, why did you post like that, and then say that you thought they were making it quieter?  I was merely posting a posibility, not making some kind of assertion.  You're contradicting yourself in more ways than I care to count, and it's hurting my head.  Ugh I hate petty shit like that.

"Right hand in the air in the land of hypocrisy..."

Umm, did you even read my post? I didn't say anything hypocritic(sp). I was just quoting and saying what OMC said!

Here is the thread where he posted it. It is on the second page.

Ugh I hate petty shit like that.

As do I, so don't post it. "Right hand in the air in the land of hypocripsy..."

Edit: Changed 'he' to 'OMC'

#53039 Good News, Bad News

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 April 2005 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

Getting a spare BBB will be beastly.  If they do change the color, they will probably change the plastic, which mean it would almost definitely be better, but I guess we'll see...

NO COLOR CHANGE
NO RENAME
NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER

He also said somewhere that they are considering making it quieter, which is awesome. When I heard a BBB being primed for the first time (it was in a video) I thought the person in the video broke it or something, but it was just the really weird cracking/snapping noise it makes during priming.

Edit: Grr Typo

#52919 Good News, Bad News

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 April 2005 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

YES!!! I dreamt it would happen, but I seriously doubted it with things like the Powerclip and stuff. I mean, every little 6 year old out there would rather have a fully automatic 10-shot clip loaded gun over a single shot arrow-shooter that's taller than they are. But this is freaking awesome!

Please say the rest of Hyper Sight will be re-released too (without lying) PLEASE?!?!?!

#55797 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 May 2005 - 07:25 PM in Off Topic

People like Beaver Vortex piss me off because they say some stupid thing and then quote themselves and they have no opinion or idea on the subject.

This is a serious subject dude, so if you don't want to post anything serious then shut the fork up.

Edit: Sorry if I was a little too harsh.

#55206 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 May 2005 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

gun control

I personally dont feel gun control is needed. Gun control = steady hands.
Also, it is thought that guns are bad because they kill people. Honestly, ive never seen a gun jump up and shoot somebody. You never hear about someone filing a lawsuit against a GUN, do you? in my humble opinion, People kill People. Maybe we need people control?

I hate dumbasses who state the obvious on this subject.

When you were a kid, and you did something bad, you went to time-out or your toys were taken away. THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

We have proof that most humans cannot handle guns. Look at all the murders with guns, all the shootings. People die almost every day in this city, and there's always an article about a shooting. I read it all the time. "16 year old kills ex-boyfriend" and crap like that.

I for one think guns need a time-out. We have so much proof that most humans can't handle them, so they need to be banned.

If you own a gun and use it wisely and don't kill people, good for you. I'm sorry other dumbasses ruined it for you, but that's life. Deal with it.

#55767 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 May 2005 - 11:36 AM in Off Topic

I am proud to say that I am a republican who is against gun control. If having guns is against the law, then what do you think will stop criminals from having guns? They already break the law. Then, when we get our houses broken into, we won't have the most effective means of protecting ourselves. Gun control can only hinder this Nation.

If guns were banned, all guns would probably be confiscated & destroyed. And if some weren't found, what the hell would criminals be able to do with them? If they use them, they'd get caught, and have their gun confiscated & destroyed.

Besides, the Bill of Rights says that we are allowed and will always be allowed to own firearms.

But that's different. Back when the Bill of Rights was written, guns were something that you had to have if you wanted to live. They didn't shoot other humans, they shot animals so they would have food and clothes and be able to stay alive.

It's different now. People hunt for fun, which is extremely fucked up. They kill helpless animals that don't need to be killed. What the fuck? How would you like it if you were killed by somebody with better technology than you, and you didn't do shit wrong? And then your body gets sold to some crazy dumbass? Yeah, you wouldn't like it. That's what I thought.

And guns are being used to kill not only animals like deer, but humans too. We don't need to kill other humans to stay alive! So why are we killing them? Petty shit! That's why! And if people are low enough to kill over petty shit, then I think the things that are helping them kill need to be banned and eliminated.

#56490 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 June 2005 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

Sqiggs, it doesn't matter which president is better at sports, it matters which one is smarter, a better leader, and will not destroy our country. I don't fucking care if George Bush is better at catching footballs than Kerry, he still doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. He's honestly one of the dumbest people ever.

Weapons of mass destruction? More like weapons of mass deception!

And you know what really kills me? The stupidity of our President. He doesn't know the definition of the word "disassemble." I've known what that meant since like 2nd grade, now c'mon. Somebody tell me how the hell he's been our President for 4 years, and then he was RE-ELECTED?! Mistakes are okay, as long as they're new ones. We've made this mistake twice now.

What's up with the electoral votes? They don't make sense. Popular vote should win it, not electoral. With electoral votes, not every vote counts. It's true. Say 4/10 of a state votes for Candidate A, and 6/10 of the state votes for Candidate B. Automatically, 4/10 of the state's votes DON'T COUNT. Say the state had 100,000 people in it. That's 40,000 votes that don't mean a thing. Gone. Just like that. Poof. That needs to change. Pretty soon too, otherwise we'll get a lot more dumbasses as our President.

What the hell is up with those "every vote counts" commercials? They're untrue.

Edit: Typo

#56500 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 June 2005 - 10:13 PM in Off Topic

was it really necessary to reopen a topic that's been dead for four days

Dude four days old isn't dead.

I didn't flip out on him. Read the first sentence of my post. I was just telling him. Sorry if I was too harsh.

#56555 Political Discussion

Posted by MattPaintballer on 04 June 2005 - 01:52 PM in Off Topic

Matt, the are weapons of mass destruction. look up " 1993 gas attack on kurds in iraq"
In 1993 Saddam used missiles loaded with mustard gas to attack HIS OWN PEOPLE! If thats not enough proof, then i dont know what is.

That has no relevance whatsoever! Georgey wasn't president during that time.

God I hate it when people counter with irrelevant crap.