shoeshine5's Content

There have been 82 items by shoeshine5 (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#141645 The Vulcan

Posted by shoeshine5 on 20 February 2008 - 11:12 PM in General Nerf

I agree with Ro-Sham-Bo on how it may use the old airsoft gear mechanism. The only other option I see is using some form of rod to push the darts into a flywheel.

I don't think this has been discussed yet, but how loud do you think this is going to be?

#163054 The Vulcan

Posted by shoeshine5 on 16 July 2008 - 11:39 PM in General Nerf

Shipments usually hit the west coast first because they are being delivered from China.

#132701 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by shoeshine5 on 16 December 2007 - 05:38 PM in News

Stores like walmart usually have set "reset" days, where they redo all the shelves and put out new merchandise. I would hope it would be out by the January reset.

Checked 2 central NJ walmarts (one of which got the ripsaw very early) and 1 target with no luck.

#175088 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by shoeshine5 on 04 September 2008 - 11:43 PM in Off Topic

NES: Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Little Nemo the Dream Master, Deja Vu

Lately I've been hooked on the burger king game, Sneak King. I know its terrible, but it just makes me laugh every time I see the king sneaking around on his tiptoes.

#140479 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 15 February 2008 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

Blast-a-ball. Unless if you want to count nerf fencing, I honestly can't remember which one I got first.

My getting back into nerf gun was the Maverick.

#181277 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

Perhaps the guns labeled under N Strike will be real and the guns under Top secret will be fake. Time will tell.

As much as I would love to see both the s. rifle and the multiple grenade launcher, I am not hopeful.

I could completely see the Raider being released. It looks like just a recon with the clip on the side, a different barrel and a different stock. Nerf really doesn't have an answer for the Double Shot, which sells only for the fact it is the only toy shotgun readily available.

I think it would be great if the Spartan was in fact released with a 12 shot clip. That would be one of its major selling points.

Rather than double post---

Other nerf patents filed:
Shadow Fury Foam Swords - 76691228
Magstrike AS-10 - 76691229
Attack Unit Dart Blaster - 76691230
Slam Fire - 76691232
Stampede Rev 12 - 76691235
Rampage EBF-25 - 76691236

#181750 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 05 October 2008 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

That would be the R700. And you're right it does look like it. Sort of.
TALKI: I'm thinkin that the long drawback may be used to go automatic, by using only a certain length of the drawback to shoot one dart. Which could allow it to do the whole 3-shot burst shpeal that people are talking about. I know that might be a little confusing. If you pull the priming handle back all the way and pull the trigger once, the handle would move X length down the side, pulling the trigger again will move it another X length. Holding down the trigger will shoot X darts at once. Whew, that was a mouthful. Seeing as I could barely put that into a coherent sentence, someone who might understand what I'm trying to get at do it for me.

Yes, you could make a multi stage plunger with multiple catches, but that doesn't solve the breach issue. You can have it fire three times, but you can't easily get three darts into the barrel. Also, the darts would have to be loaded in from the shortest plunger stroke for that to work.

I highly doubt Hasbro would release the s. rifle. The shell is far too realistic looking. I'm sure from a legal standpoint they don't want it being painted black and mistaken for a real rifle.

#181338 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

Did anyone else notice the huge distance the handle on the spartan moves? That's got to be a huge plunger. If it ever was made, it would have some amazing power wen modded.

Well if you look, it is also higher on the gun than the barrel is. This might not leave much space for a plunger to fit that would be in line with the barrel. The clip has to be at the back of the barrel (or at least close) for it to receive any real power. Hopefully Hasbro will release the overall shape, but I doubt it would have that long of a handle throw.

#181204 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 12:09 PM in General Nerf

The folks at Kotaku posted a video of some gameplay of the new N Strike game

http://kotaku.com/50...-strike-trailer

In all I count about 28 weapons total

Real nerf guns usable: Titan (now with exploding rocket power), Firefly, Longshot, Maverick, Vulcan, Recon.

The complete shot:

Posted Image

This is the gun select screen, however if you watch the video you will see other guns that do not appear above.

Edit: The following nerf guns are now pending patents:
Raider CS-6 - 76691227
Shadow Fury Foam Swords - 76691228
Slam Fire - 76691232

This by no means is an indicator that any of these new guns in the game will actually be released.

If you watch the video is slow motion you can make out some of the names of these new guns.

#181249 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

I was going to post the pictures of my two favorite guns, but Eboreg has beaten me to the punch.

The grenade launcher would be an interesting release for nerf. They really have slacked off in making a more interesting ball gun since the pulsator/ballzooka.

#215932 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by shoeshine5 on 02 March 2009 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

If you were to take the foam insert, and cut it backwards of the way you want it in the box, you would be able to hide the marker lines in the foam.

Lancer looks great!

#181304 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

With the cannon idea my first thought was for long ranged, angled lobs. That is, if it could be done safely. Certainly not for anything close ranged.

It may be easy to dodge one, but not easy to dodge 5. Especially when you are camping on a flag.

#181288 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Great find. I hope these come to the States soon.

How is the spread?

#181299 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

How heavy is it? Do you think it would be possible to fire it out of a homemade or a titan?

#107841 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 27 May 2007 - 07:05 PM in Off Topic

That I play well:

French Horn
Guitar Hero Controller

That I can sorta play decent:
Violin, Oboe, Clarinet, Sax, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Percussion.

That I stink at:
Flute

I suppose it helps I have a music teaching degree.

#134327 Recon Close Up

Posted by shoeshine5 on 29 December 2007 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

Picked one up today at the Nassau Walmart just outside of Princeton. NJ

#211481 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by shoeshine5 on 11 February 2009 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

I am looking forward to seeing how ridiculous the mag looks on a recon.

#198774 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by shoeshine5 on 25 December 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

The buzz bee/Ja-Ru brand swords have a small plastic tube in the center to give the foam a little bit of stability. This is probably very similar. It wouldn't be hard to swap it out.

#198738 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by shoeshine5 on 24 December 2008 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

EDIT: Here are the patients for lazy people:
Raider CS-6 - 76691227
Shadow Fury Foam Swords - 76691228 <------------------Swords are here
Slam Fire - 76691232

Nice to see that some of my research has proved to be accurate. They look nice, but they would need to beat the Ja-Ru brand foam sword price of $2 for me to take much interest.

The back of the packaging might have info on future nerf releases.

#192925 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by shoeshine5 on 30 November 2008 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

I went to Kmart on thanksgiving hoping to find a $25 Vulcan, but they were out of stock. Given how bad my Kmart sucks it really wasn't much of a surprise.

#165887 Good Nintendo 64 Games

Posted by shoeshine5 on 01 August 2008 - 04:12 PM in Off Topic

Mario 64, Star Fox 64, Goldeneye 64, Banjo Kazooey, Donkey Kong 64, Mario Kart 64, Legend of Zelda:OoT

#143098 Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

Posted by shoeshine5 on 28 February 2008 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

It really depends on how easily it can be fired and/or rigged to fire. Just imagine having one of these on each forearm.

#139957 Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

Posted by shoeshine5 on 13 February 2008 - 03:52 PM in General Nerf

Wait a minute, 6 d batteries? If this thing fires like a mech 20 it is going to suck.

#139625 Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

Posted by shoeshine5 on 11 February 2008 - 06:22 PM in General Nerf

http://www.gamespot....ws/6185840.html

When Electronic Arts picked up the rights to a variety of Hasbro games last August, it had a slew of new toys to play with it when it came to licensed casual games. Specifically, the agreement gave EA's casual gaming division the chance to make games based on brands like Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Nerf, Tonka, and Littlest Pet Shop.

Today EA Casual Entertainment revealed the first concrete glimpse of its Hasbro plans, announcing that the first two console and handheld games to come from the deal will be Littlest Pet Shop and Nerf N-Strike. Both games are being developed by EA's Salt Lake Studio, and will see release this fall on the Nintendo DS and the Wii. A PC edition of Littlest Pet Shop is also in the works.

Littlest Pet Shop will allow players to run their own pet stores, "building relationships" with their products and unlocking new animals, accessories, and playsets. EA will sell three different versions of the game, each with unique pets.

As for Nerf N-Strike, the game is based on the line of soft foam-firing toy guns, and includes perhaps the least deadly deathmatch modes of all time with single and multiplayer modes. EA is also promising a new Nerf blaster that will allow players to "take the action outside as their controller transforms to fire actual NERF darts."

Naturally, EA's plans for the Hasbro brands extend beyond those two titles. The publisher also confirmed that it is working on multiplatform versions of Monopoly and Scrabble, as well as other games to be revealed by the end of the year and a full slate of mobile titles and Pogo.com online offerings.

#139934 Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

Posted by shoeshine5 on 13 February 2008 - 01:35 PM in General Nerf

If the blaster tube could be fired independently of the main body, it might be very useful for assassin games or integrations.

#198876 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 25 December 2008 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

If you are allowed to do external mods a stock longshot with a foregrip can be very effective. It has decent stock range, fast reloads, and a good rate of fire. You also don't need to adjust your aim to prime if you have the foregrip.

#193187 The New Xbox Experience

Posted by shoeshine5 on 30 November 2008 - 10:46 PM in Off Topic

I personally hate it. Particularly the friends menu. It makes everything twice as complicated as it was before.

I like the idea of being able to play a game off the hard drive, but I have a 20gig, and you lose a decent chunk of that just to system data. I rarely have more than 3 gigs available.

#202547 Mg42 Longshot Help

Posted by shoeshine5 on 11 January 2009 - 02:31 AM in General Nerf

I've always been interested in creating something similar to this by combining a maverick turrent and a longshot:

Posted Image

Please note that the pictures may not be to scale.

#210069 2009 New Nerf Gun?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 07 February 2009 - 12:01 AM in General Nerf

Here's a picture of a press release I found while searching google.

http://www.rebelscum.../im/0014821.jpg

It refers to a few new blasters with interchangable parts.

Also found this video, at around 24 seconds in it looks like there is something else new next to it to the right

http://www.youtube.c...e=channel_page#

#210082 2009 New Nerf Gun?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 07 February 2009 - 12:38 AM in General Nerf

All it leads me to is a Star Wars site...am I missing something?

It has a picture of a magazine page of information about hasbro. Nothing terribly interesting or groundbreaking in it though.

#96626 Google Patent Search!

Posted by shoeshine5 on 15 December 2006 - 06:44 PM in General Nerf

Vortex Tornado

All the other vortex guns are under toy ring airfoil launcher

#195922 Best Stock Gun Available?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 13 December 2008 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

In my opinion the best stock weapon available is the longshot. It's ranges are comparable to most other stock nerf guns and it has a great rate of fire and fast reloads.

#208852 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by shoeshine5 on 02 February 2009 - 12:12 AM in Off Topic

Being a die hard hockey fan, I feel like the Pittsburgh Penguins get the better end of poor officiating on a regular basis. I guess this lopsided officiating for Pittsburgh carries over to football as well. I really disagreed with a few of the calls, especially towards the end.

Regardless, the Steelers were the better team tonight. That last play of the first half was a killer.

#181799 Whats Your Target?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 05 October 2008 - 07:31 PM in General Nerf

I actually use a wave master with a velcro vest as well. I would post a picture, but its pretty much identical to the other one. My only grip is because it is rounded, darts tend to deflect off to the sides rather than back to me.

#165886 Longshot Vs X-bow

Posted by shoeshine5 on 01 August 2008 - 04:00 PM in General Nerf

It really depends on how much work and money you are willing to put into the hobby.

Power doesn't just matter in terms of distance, its about the speed the dart will reach its target from a shorter distance. The faster the dart moves, the harder it is to dodge.

The crossbow is more reliable, has a simpler mod, and has slightly more power. They are also ridiculously expensive to obtain.

Longshots are readily available on the cheap, and can be modified for great range. The rate of fire is better but it is more likely to break/jam. To get good range you need to add additional springs that can be harder for some people to use.

Indoors I would take a properly modified longshot, outdoors a crossbow. Its just a matter of your situation and style.

#183600 Improvised Barrels

Posted by shoeshine5 on 14 October 2008 - 01:30 AM in Homemades

The barrel of my singled SM1500 was made out of the tube that holds the pump of a super soaker for quite some time. It was a perfect fit for stock darts.

#179070 Freeloaders

Posted by shoeshine5 on 23 September 2008 - 01:13 PM in General Nerf

Unless if this is solely a money issue: Have you considered giving them stock guns or lesser powered guns to compete against you and your fully modded guns? It may be cheap, but if they are competitive, getting badly beaten a few rounds may be enough to get them to get their own stuff.

#162326 Most Powerful Springer

Posted by shoeshine5 on 10 July 2008 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

The Trigger Fire is alright, but its ranges don't excede well done nf mods. Maybe with a good spring replacment it could compete with the xbow.

#165078 Poll: The Rapidfire 20

Posted by shoeshine5 on 29 July 2008 - 01:23 AM in General Nerf

The stock rf20 is great if you play a lot of indoor games on defense. It will be interesting to see if the vulcan replaces it all together.

#165243 Poll: The Rapidfire 20

Posted by shoeshine5 on 29 July 2008 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

That doesnt exsits anywhere. Not even on the TRUs web page.

http://www.toysrus.c...e rapid fire 20

I highly doubt baghead would a)make this up b)go to the trouble to make that picture up. It exists.