shoeshine5's Content

There have been 82 items by shoeshine5 (Search limited from 30-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#215932 Lancer: A Product Of Kappa Sigma Armory

Posted by shoeshine5 on 02 March 2009 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

If you were to take the foam insert, and cut it backwards of the way you want it in the box, you would be able to hide the marker lines in the foam.

Lancer looks great!

#211481 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by shoeshine5 on 11 February 2009 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

I am looking forward to seeing how ridiculous the mag looks on a recon.

#210330 I'm Thinking About Trying To Make...

Posted by shoeshine5 on 07 February 2009 - 11:12 PM in General Nerf

Lowes will cut pipes for you so they fit in your car for free. As for whether they will cut it to a specific dimension or not really depends on the mood of the employee you get. Sometimes they will use an actual pipe cutter, other times they will use a saw with very rough cuts. Other times they will tell you no.

If your planning to make something as complicated as a Snapbow, you really should be able to do it yourself. You will get more accurate measurements and cleaner cuts that way.

My lowes carries a few springs, but they don't have the selection that my Ace or Home Depot have. A good way to find out would be to visit an actual Lowes.

#210305 Nerf Drum Fed Blaster?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 07 February 2009 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

Repost from my NHQ post

Posted Image

Posted Image

#210082 2009 New Nerf Gun?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 07 February 2009 - 12:38 AM in General Nerf

All it leads me to is a Star Wars site...am I missing something?

It has a picture of a magazine page of information about hasbro. Nothing terribly interesting or groundbreaking in it though.

#210069 2009 New Nerf Gun?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 07 February 2009 - 12:01 AM in General Nerf

Here's a picture of a press release I found while searching google.

http://www.rebelscum.../im/0014821.jpg

It refers to a few new blasters with interchangable parts.

Also found this video, at around 24 seconds in it looks like there is something else new next to it to the right

http://www.youtube.c...e=channel_page#

#208852 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by shoeshine5 on 02 February 2009 - 12:12 AM in Off Topic

Being a die hard hockey fan, I feel like the Pittsburgh Penguins get the better end of poor officiating on a regular basis. I guess this lopsided officiating for Pittsburgh carries over to football as well. I really disagreed with a few of the calls, especially towards the end.

Regardless, the Steelers were the better team tonight. That last play of the first half was a killer.

#205477 loser Rifle

Posted by shoeshine5 on 22 January 2009 - 07:58 PM in General Nerf

Yes, because the stock Expand a Blast is clearly the pinnacle of long range nerf rifles.

You clearly have never touched one of those have you?

#202547 Mg42 Longshot Help

Posted by shoeshine5 on 11 January 2009 - 02:31 AM in General Nerf

I've always been interested in creating something similar to this by combining a maverick turrent and a longshot:

Posted Image

Please note that the pictures may not be to scale.

#198876 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 25 December 2008 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

If you are allowed to do external mods a stock longshot with a foregrip can be very effective. It has decent stock range, fast reloads, and a good rate of fire. You also don't need to adjust your aim to prime if you have the foregrip.

#198774 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by shoeshine5 on 25 December 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

The buzz bee/Ja-Ru brand swords have a small plastic tube in the center to give the foam a little bit of stability. This is probably very similar. It wouldn't be hard to swap it out.

#198738 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by shoeshine5 on 24 December 2008 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

EDIT: Here are the patients for lazy people:
Raider CS-6 - 76691227
Shadow Fury Foam Swords - 76691228 <------------------Swords are here
Magstrike AS-10 - 76691229
Attack Unit Dart Blaster - 76691230
Slam Fire - 76691232
Stampede Rev 12 - 76691235
Rampage EBF-25 - 76691236

Nice to see that some of my research has proved to be accurate. They look nice, but they would need to beat the Ja-Ru brand foam sword price of $2 for me to take much interest.

The back of the packaging might have info on future nerf releases.

#197399 Pretty Sweet Arse Deal! :d

Posted by shoeshine5 on 20 December 2008 - 02:12 AM in General Nerf

To give you an example of how their pricing works

1/2" Clear Rigid PVC Pipe is 1.48 per foot.

They will only sell it to you in 10 foot sections. So for each 10' pipe it would be $14.80

If you were to order 50 feet worth it would be $74 minus 5% for a total of $70.30

If you were to order 100 feet it would be $148 minus 10% for a total of 133.20

If you were to order 300 feet it would be $444 minus 15% for a total of $377.40

Note that none of these figures include shipping, which for 300 feet worth of piping is going to be expensive.

In my opinion you are better off just buying it at the store or privately.

Edit rather than double post: They specifically say that they are willing to ship via different methods if you don't mind the pipes being cut.

#195922 Best Stock Gun Available?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 13 December 2008 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

In my opinion the best stock weapon available is the longshot. It's ranges are comparable to most other stock nerf guns and it has a great rate of fire and fast reloads.

#193187 The New Xbox Experience

Posted by shoeshine5 on 30 November 2008 - 10:46 PM in Off Topic

I personally hate it. Particularly the friends menu. It makes everything twice as complicated as it was before.

I like the idea of being able to play a game off the hard drive, but I have a 20gig, and you lose a decent chunk of that just to system data. I rarely have more than 3 gigs available.

#192925 Black Friday Debrief

Posted by shoeshine5 on 30 November 2008 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

I went to Kmart on thanksgiving hoping to find a $25 Vulcan, but they were out of stock. Given how bad my Kmart sucks it really wasn't much of a surprise.

#186171 Ebay Failure

Posted by shoeshine5 on 28 October 2008 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

A one pound package sent via USPS is 4.80 from Oregon to NJ. A nite finder will most likely fall into this category, depending on how heavy the laser is.

Despite contrary belief, it is not a flat rate for anything more than a pound. It goes by zones. If it was between two and three pounds it would be closer to $10. If you don't believe me, check out USPS.com

Anyway, best of luck with your auction.

#186148 Ebay Failure

Posted by shoeshine5 on 28 October 2008 - 09:29 PM in General Nerf

I've done a substantial amount of nerf sales on ebay. Here would be my gripes with bidding on this:

1. Price - With shipping this would start at around $20 for me. Shipping either needs to be lower or the starting bid needs to be lower.

2. The modification - I appreciate that you posted seemingly honest ranges, but they are on the low side. Nothing you did was particularly difficult or expensive.

3. The paint job. The pictures aren't very good at showcasing the paint job. Although I like the paint scheme, again this is nothing special that I couldn't easily do myself.

4. The laser light. To me this isn't really a selling point. My night finder will never be accurate enough to warrant using this. Coolness factor doesn't equal performance.

Edit: I agree with TimmyTown above. I've found a good chunk of people who buy pre-modded nerf guns are younger children, who need their parents as a proxy bidder. If I was a parent, I certainly wouldn't want my kid playing around with that. The description of what you wrote may make sense to a member of the NIC, but not to an outsider.

#185736 Nerf Switch Shot Ex-3 Reviewed At Gamecyte

Posted by shoeshine5 on 26 October 2008 - 07:57 PM in General Nerf

I still think it shows a lot potential for integrations, especially now that we see it has a flat bottom and a simple trigger mechanism.

I don't think anyone was planning to use this as a dedicated sidearm.

#184356 Non Existant Guns.

Posted by shoeshine5 on 17 October 2008 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

There was quite a bit of talk (read: speculation) about those and other potential guns in this topic, but it got locked

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=13455&hl=

#183604 Ballzooka

Posted by shoeshine5 on 14 October 2008 - 01:48 AM in Modifications

This exact topic came up a few weeks ago on NHQ (unless that was you)

http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=7513.0

It is a push pull pump. I think if you could get the air seal right it could fire three darts, for indoor nerf range.

I would just check out reactor mods for examples of people who converted ballguns for darts.

#183600 Improvised Barrels

Posted by shoeshine5 on 14 October 2008 - 01:30 AM in Homemades

The barrel of my singled SM1500 was made out of the tube that holds the pump of a super soaker for quite some time. It was a perfect fit for stock darts.

#181911 Stripped Screws?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 05 October 2008 - 10:56 PM in General Nerf

I know they make specific bits for removing stripped screws, you might want to see if you can borrow/purchase one.

#181799 Whats Your Target?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 05 October 2008 - 07:31 PM in General Nerf

I actually use a wave master with a velcro vest as well. I would post a picture, but its pretty much identical to the other one. My only grip is because it is rounded, darts tend to deflect off to the sides rather than back to me.

#181750 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 05 October 2008 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

That would be the R700. And you're right it does look like it. Sort of.
TALKI: I'm thinkin that the long drawback may be used to go automatic, by using only a certain length of the drawback to shoot one dart. Which could allow it to do the whole 3-shot burst shpeal that people are talking about. I know that might be a little confusing. If you pull the priming handle back all the way and pull the trigger once, the handle would move X length down the side, pulling the trigger again will move it another X length. Holding down the trigger will shoot X darts at once. Whew, that was a mouthful. Seeing as I could barely put that into a coherent sentence, someone who might understand what I'm trying to get at do it for me.

Yes, you could make a multi stage plunger with multiple catches, but that doesn't solve the breach issue. You can have it fire three times, but you can't easily get three darts into the barrel. Also, the darts would have to be loaded in from the shortest plunger stroke for that to work.

I highly doubt Hasbro would release the s. rifle. The shell is far too realistic looking. I'm sure from a legal standpoint they don't want it being painted black and mistaken for a real rifle.

#181383 Odd Fart/ Nerf Gun

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

It makes fart sounds as you prime the gun. Looks pretty dumb.

Theres a video here:
http://www.zazz.com....ts.php?past=339

#181338 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

Did anyone else notice the huge distance the handle on the spartan moves? That's got to be a huge plunger. If it ever was made, it would have some amazing power wen modded.

Well if you look, it is also higher on the gun than the barrel is. This might not leave much space for a plunger to fit that would be in line with the barrel. The clip has to be at the back of the barrel (or at least close) for it to receive any real power. Hopefully Hasbro will release the overall shape, but I doubt it would have that long of a handle throw.

#181304 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

With the cannon idea my first thought was for long ranged, angled lobs. That is, if it could be done safely. Certainly not for anything close ranged.

It may be easy to dodge one, but not easy to dodge 5. Especially when you are camping on a flag.

#181299 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

How heavy is it? Do you think it would be possible to fire it out of a homemade or a titan?

#181288 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Great find. I hope these come to the States soon.

How is the spread?

#181277 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

Perhaps the guns labeled under N Strike will be real and the guns under Top secret will be fake. Time will tell.

As much as I would love to see both the s. rifle and the multiple grenade launcher, I am not hopeful.

I could completely see the Raider being released. It looks like just a recon with the clip on the side, a different barrel and a different stock. Nerf really doesn't have an answer for the Double Shot, which sells only for the fact it is the only toy shotgun readily available.

I think it would be great if the Spartan was in fact released with a 12 shot clip. That would be one of its major selling points.

Rather than double post---

Other nerf patents filed:
Shadow Fury Foam Swords - 76691228
Slam Fire - 76691232

#181249 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

I was going to post the pictures of my two favorite guns, but Eboreg has beaten me to the punch.

The grenade launcher would be an interesting release for nerf. They really have slacked off in making a more interesting ball gun since the pulsator/ballzooka.

#181204 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by shoeshine5 on 03 October 2008 - 12:09 PM in General Nerf

The folks at Kotaku posted a video of some gameplay of the new N Strike game

http://kotaku.com/50...-strike-trailer

In all I count about 28 weapons total

Real nerf guns usable: Titan (now with exploding rocket power), Firefly, Longshot, Maverick, Vulcan, Recon.

The complete shot:

Posted Image

This is the gun select screen, however if you watch the video you will see other guns that do not appear above.

Edit: The following nerf guns are now pending patents:
Raider CS-6 - 76691227
Shadow Fury Foam Swords - 76691228
Slam Fire - 76691232

This by no means is an indicator that any of these new guns in the game will actually be released.

If you watch the video is slow motion you can make out some of the names of these new guns.

#179070 Freeloaders

Posted by shoeshine5 on 23 September 2008 - 01:13 PM in General Nerf

Unless if this is solely a money issue: Have you considered giving them stock guns or lesser powered guns to compete against you and your fully modded guns? It may be cheap, but if they are competitive, getting badly beaten a few rounds may be enough to get them to get their own stuff.

#178628 Sought-after Guns

Posted by shoeshine5 on 21 September 2008 - 02:49 PM in General Nerf

As someone who has been around for awhile primarily as a seller, I can give you some insight on this:

Sawtooth: I believe this was the first clip nerf gun released. Back in the day this gave you a huge advantage over the single shot weapons.

Ratchet Blast: This was one of my favorite guns as a child. I recently sold one and regret it. It features a unique priming setup, a handguard, a scope and one of the best stock paintjobs ever found in a nerf gun. Pictures don't really show the shiny blue paint.

AT2K: Many people want this one for its ability to be integrated into other weapons. It has good ranges and a small internal setup.

Maxshot: Can be modded for decent range.

Secret Shot 1 and 2: These are some of the best looking and performing air pistols you can get. And unlike the SM series, they have better grips and look more 'gun' like. Although you would never be able to actually use the secret shot to fool anyone, it was still a nice feature.

Splitfire: This is hands down the best air pistol you can get stock. It has very good ranges and the ability to fire two shots either separately or together.

#178059 Crossbow Plunger Tube Measurements

Posted by shoeshine5 on 18 September 2008 - 12:28 AM in Modifications

Thank you so much for your quick response, BlackFox

You are correct, I am trying to gather this info for a homemade. My goal is to make a bare-bones gun of similar performance that requires less tools and cutting than the +bow. Consider it a poor mans +bow.

#178056 Crossbow Plunger Tube Measurements

Posted by shoeshine5 on 18 September 2008 - 12:07 AM in Modifications

Hello everyone,

I am looking for the measurements of the plunger tube of the crossbow. Primarily the length, outer diameter and the inner diameter. I would measure myself, but I do not own one.

My searches yielded no help.

If you have your crossbow open and a caliper handy, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#178055 Blueprints From Hasbro Hq?

Posted by shoeshine5 on 17 September 2008 - 11:59 PM in General Nerf

Wouldn't it be easier to just manually measure the internal parts yourself? I would assume you only want the plunger tube and bolt sled.

There used a be a topic of google patent nerf guns, but I think the longshot is far too new to appear publicly.

#176619 Mythbusters!

Posted by shoeshine5 on 11 September 2008 - 04:18 PM in General Nerf

I think it would be more along the lines of "Can you make a toy gun into a real one."

I still look forward to the episode, Mythbusters is one of my favorite shows on the air.

#175096 New Nerf Video Game

Posted by shoeshine5 on 05 September 2008 - 01:24 AM in General Nerf

I had read somewhere online someone who had played a demo and thought it was surprisingly decent.