Xenon's Content

There have been 21 items by Xenon (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#354124 Fearless fire turret issues

Posted by Xenon on 11 June 2016 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

So I just finished modifying my fearless fire, and im having issues with my turret cycling properly when I pull the trigger. Any advice? The cylinder half cycles, and the pusher hits the plastic bar in between darts. Im at a loss why.  Nothing appears to be broken and everything is assembled in the correct fashion.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#353648 XBZ flipfury idea

Posted by Xenon on 21 May 2016 - 01:32 PM in Modifications

why not get 4 and make a Doominator useful. You'll have to find a way to quickly attach/detach the tank from the barrel system and pump. Also you should probably take this down before you get warned. The Admins don't like concept threads. 

#350177 ATTENTION Long Island Nerfers!

Posted by Xenon on 26 December 2015 - 03:15 PM in Nerf Wars

There are 4 of us going. I'm bringing a modified stryfe but the rest of my friends are just coming and will probably play with the blasters that dart zone has. Homemades will probably be OP in an indoor arena, unless you're bringing loaners to even the playing field. I think Filming will be totally fine.  

#350171 ATTENTION Long Island Nerfers!

Posted by Xenon on 25 December 2015 - 10:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Tomorrow 12/26/15 at 4:30pm Some friends and I are headed over to NY Dart Zone on vets Highways in Holbrook, so come on down if you'd like to join us for some arena gametypes. Sorry this is so last minute but this was planned with haste. Here is NY Dart Zone's website. http://www.nydartzone.com/index.html   Hope to see you there tomorrow :)

#350169 I want to Believe

Posted by Xenon on 25 December 2015 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

I am not sure but that mod is quite old. I want an 8 shot cylinder personally, because i was cooking an idea to combine the best of both pistols into one. and i've been tinkering with both broken strongarm and hammershot internals to see if i could make them work together, and when i heard about this cylinder i got very excited, but alas  :( . 

#350132 I want to Believe

Posted by Xenon on 22 December 2015 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

Well maybe they should so i'd feel the need to buy one.  :)

#350110 I want to Believe

Posted by Xenon on 21 December 2015 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

After an extensive search of Ebay and TaoBao, I can't confirm whether or not the 8 shot Cylinder for the Strongarm exists. Has anyone found it? Does it even exist? I want to Believe. 

#349647 Need help updating a blaster

Posted by Xenon on 24 November 2015 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

Damn... I wish I had seen this sooner. I would have sent you the bipod legs just for shipping and would have even painted them up for probably what you spent on them from that ebay link. Sorry i didn't see it in time. I've got dozens of those LS legs laying around. Anyways, if down the road you do decide to do the integration, yes it will mess with the cosmetics of the pj, but depending on how into it you want to get it wouldn't be all that difficult to fix in the end. If you didn't want to touch the paint on the Longshot itself then I would recommend painting the CycloneShock first, then mating it to the Longshot.

Again, I apologize for not seeing this sooner, and if you have any questions about paint please feel free to pm me at anytime. I have years of experience in modding and especially in paint work, from minis to models to mods.

A quick word of advice on getting the paint to adhere to those bipod legs if you do paint them; they are made of the softer plastic, not the hard easy to prime stuff of shells. Vinyl dye WILL NOT bond to it without a very good sanding and wash in an acetone or some other type of chemical thinner. Rub it down first, then sand it progressively down with a quick like 120 grit, then 240, and finish with like a 320 or so.

If you dont do this the paint will just chip up and make for one sad panda.

It is ok Brimstone, the legs i bought on Ebay came with all the required screws and hardware so i'm satisfied with my purchase. Also thank you very much for the painting advice, i probably would not have realized that until i halfway through detailing. I also have a good idea of painting a LS Scope to match to gain maximum LongShot  camouflage-ability ;) . As for the Cycloneshock integration, I think that i'll leave the original Blaster shell as is ( minus the Bipod legs) , and maybe it'll be a cooler idea to integrate that gigantic pistol into the LS front gun/ stock extension, and then paint that all to match too. It'll be detachable so the blaster will be only uber front heavy when it has to be, and it'll be super awesome.   

#349631 Someone made the modulus useful!

Posted by Xenon on 24 November 2015 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Really, although it's probably more of an indictment on me not knowing anything, rather than the merit of the mod.

i'm not sure whether that is because it's overkill and unnecessary or because it takes a special kind of crazy to make one. 

#349625 Need help updating a blaster

Posted by Xenon on 24 November 2015 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

Well i was originally planning on installing an after burner, until i cracked the blaster open and realized i didn't have enough room for the cage unless i do some serious shell work, which i'd rather not do for this reason. Right now it's just running on stock motors, no big deal. Also i ordered a pair of LS Bipod legs off Ebay, so for now the Cycloneshock integration is off the table. As for paint, I almost have everything in order, just waiting for the creator to come back to me on which paint he used for the blood splatter. So i'm currently in pause mode, i'll keep nerfhaven updated with what i do. :) 

#349611 The Elite Alpha Rayven

Posted by Xenon on 23 November 2015 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

What a great shell to make a Quad rayven. 

#349610 Someone made the modulus useful!

Posted by Xenon on 23 November 2015 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

This is the first I've ever heard of the "afterburner" mod.

Really? I've seen some Aussies do this with a Rayven a while back. I believe it was Liam's nerf mods or something. 

#349609 Need help updating a blaster

Posted by Xenon on 23 November 2015 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

If RM2's are obsolete, then which motors are available and preferred by the community? I thought Falcon 130's were forever out of stock. 

#349603 Need help updating a blaster

Posted by Xenon on 23 November 2015 - 01:19 PM in Modifications

Also I have a spare flywheel cage laying around that I'd love to add and make it a quad shot beast, but i'm not sure whether it's better to run al 4  motors in parallel or in series with one another, and any other tips i should remember? Possibly a good wiring guide? I'd rather not add a pump-grip because i really dislike that waste of space. this blaster is used mostly in basement and arena (dart wars type) Gameplay, due to it's rather aggressive paint job, and i've never seen a cyloneshock integrated into a LongShot shell, so i'd like to try this. Unless however if it's possible to obtain a pair of the LS Bipod legs, paint them to match and snap them into place and make that space useful again, that too would make me very happy.  On the electrical side of things, lets say i replace all 4 motors with RM2's and i decide to run the cages in parallel with one another, using the stock battery tray and an added 4 AA Battery tray running 8 trustfire batteries, is this a good idea? or will the motors squeeze the juice out of the batteries so quickly that i will constantly be changing batteries on the battlefield, or will have a very short lifespan? would a mod like this need LiPo Technology? Help and advice  is required. 

#349581 Trustfire problems

Posted by Xenon on 22 November 2015 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

I don't believe mixing battery chemistries is a very good idea. it might be a better idea to run the trustfires with dummy batteries instead of regular AA batteries. 

#349580 Need help updating a blaster

Posted by Xenon on 22 November 2015 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

I hope this late reply will be excused due too site maintenance happening in the midst of this conversation. The LS doesn't need a pump grip because it's really a stryfe with a LS shell integrated around it. and im mostly interested in advice on painting techniques and how to save most of the original paint. 

#349521 Need help updating a blaster

Posted by Xenon on 10 November 2015 - 03:08 PM in Modifications

Well this particular blaster does not really need a shotgun grip, It isn't an ordinary LS.

#349494 Need help updating a blaster

Posted by Xenon on 09 November 2015 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

So a while back i paid a hefty for price for an extremely overhauled Longshot, and long with its very unique set of modifications it also came with a very sweet paint job. However what bothers me is that it came with the wasted space of the bipod area, and i want to integrate a mega Cycloneshock into that space. Here's my dilemma, How do i go about cutting off the bipod area of the Longshot, and integrating the Cycloneshock, with minimal paint damage? Should i paint the Cycloneshock before it becomes attached? Should i purchase the same paints that the creator used and be prepared to severely alter the paint, like for example almost completely repaint that front portion after the Cycloneshock is secured? I need some help figuring out what to do. Thank you very much!

#345080 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Xenon on 19 February 2015 - 12:59 AM in Modifications

LCMS Themed nerf Strayven Posted Image Posted Image

#344876 Nerf Doubledown

Posted by Xenon on 08 February 2015 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone discovered the correct size for a spring addition for this Blaster?

#344182 Frozen Foam Long Islang Nerf War

Posted by Xenon on 11 January 2015 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

UGH I'll be back at school. Well I'll be at the summer events.