Oni Kadaki's Content

There have been 174 items by Oni Kadaki (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#162980 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 July 2008 - 09:59 AM in General Nerf

I like how like no one on NHQ has asked him to open it...
We need internals for the damned thing. I could care less about external shots.

By contrast, I could care less about modding potential and just want to know about stock performance, so let's just wait and see, he'll probably give us both in time.

#159571 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 June 2008 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

It says it shoots up to 3 darts per second...crap.

Umm, and how fast do you normally shoot per second?? Just wondering.

Adding onto that, keep in mind that, even if you can, with, say, a longshot, fire three shots in a second, I guarantee you'll have an easier time doing so if the vulcan is automatically advancing the darts so that you don't have to reacquire your target again and again.

#163055 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 July 2008 - 11:46 PM in General Nerf

I live on LI, I believe I got my recon in mid January, does anybody remember when the first confirmed recon sighting was? If so, the same window will probably apply to when the vulcan will show up on the east coast.

#163535 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 21 July 2008 - 10:10 AM in General Nerf

This is fantastic. Any of the few stock nerfers on this forum will tell you that the longshot is pretty much the best stock primary you can get. This thing has quadruple the ammo and gets better range? Sick, just sick.

#140067 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 February 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I am looking forward to using this in assassin and stock wars alike. My Recon may just have to be content as a sidearm starting in the fall.

#163630 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 21 July 2008 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

Any of the few stock nerfers on this forum will tell you that the longshot is pretty much the best stock primary you can get.

Uh....

What? The recon maybe (being as it has the same advantages of the LS (fast change clips) without the glaringly obvious pitfalls). But you'll still get better range performance out of a blue Maverick then a stock LS. Out of box, the LS is like the Firefly; big, kinda cool looking, but generally disappointing when it comes to putting foam downrange.

If you're going to carry two things into battle, out of box... you want a Recon and clips for the reload rate, and a long range muzzle loader (first gen blue NF for example) for firing old-style darts used by your enemies.

I just did some range tests. My hallway is 29 feet long. From one end to the other, my longshot fired 6 shots which hit the door at the other end roughly in the middle and with some force. My recon hit the bottom of the same door, and my maverick got roughly 20 feet. As such, in terms of stock primaries, I can say with a degree of certainty that the longshot is the most effective, at least when the magstrike and RF20 are not taken into account. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM me.

Back to my original point, a stock longshot can make 30-40 feet on average. The vulcan, at least from Anima's estimates, can shoot at least 30, and at a higher rate of fire and with a far greater ammo capacity. The only weakness of the vulcan appears to be reloading, and even then, that is ameliorated by the belt system. Sounds to me like the vulcan is going to be the new stock primary to beat.

#158860 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 11 June 2008 - 04:26 PM in General Nerf

Just got an email from target, apparently the official release date is September 7th. It is available for preorder now however.

#163071 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 July 2008 - 10:05 AM in General Nerf

I'm not sure that's true, I remember the November thing, but that wasn't actually in stores. I'm willing to bet that us over on the east coast can expect to see this on the shelves by mid August.

#140097 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 February 2008 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

Considering it's powered by 6 batteries, I doubt they'll die exceptionally often.

I see this gun as being situationally amazing. Though I wouldn't use it for assassin when i'm raiding a house with 1-2 targets in it, in situations where multiple targets are present I imagine this bad boy's room clearing ability will be valuable.

#140531 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 February 2008 - 01:11 AM in General Nerf

Actually, being a huge ALIENS fan I immediately thought of those upon seeing the vulcan, but figured it would be an obscure reference at best. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Edit: Also, my friends are really divided on the vulcan. Many still remember how the team with the most RF20s pretty much won our first war (all our wars are stock) by default, and are not looking forward to potentially getting diddled by these. My girlfriend and I, on the other hand, are psyched about them.

#141139 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 February 2008 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

My dad said he saw a commercial for the vulcan he said he just heard "the new belt fed nerf vulcan"
And said he was reading the newspaper and just looked up and saw a turret like yellow gun But that was all he said.

If that's the case, hopefully someone will have it on youtube soon.

#142964 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 27 February 2008 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

I'm liking this. In indoor stock fights like we have at my university, one team member can use it to pin down the other team while his buddies get into position. The slower rate of fire means that, though consecutively the shots are still too fast to reliably dodge, they come slow enough that you can fire for longer than, say, with an RF20 on automatic setting, and that's not even including the extra five darts. Come to think of it, this would have been invaluable several times today.

#212639 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 15 February 2009 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

Spore, this is a public press release, this is not in violation of any NDA.

#212965 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 February 2009 - 12:39 AM in General Nerf

Both the gun and the drum are great for assassin games, and anything else indoor for that matter. The drum, as said above, goes very well with the recon, especially if one is trying to be discreet, as in assassin. Both the drum and the recon can fit into my backpack, along with my books and such. As for the gun itself, it offers, in all probability, at least the range of the recon, with a more ergonomic cocking mechanism that doesn't force you to move your hands.

#213111 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 February 2009 - 08:05 PM in General Nerf

Some of the speculation on how things might work, when they turned out not to be the case, inspired modders to try those things for themselves anyway.

Not "examples" I know.

Still, New ideas --> good.

This thread does not contain any new ideas.
You are arguing that speculation, conjecture, and theory threads have somehow added to this hobby in a tangible way. I cannot disagree more.

If such threads are left to grow, in my experience the opposite is true. People end up spending time arguing/posturing in threads about what will or will not work instead of running practical experiments. Ideas/theories are WORTHLESS if they're not tested. This is why design threads are discouraged.

This kind of thread however is even more pointless, because you're arguing about how something that already exists functions. What is the point in doing so? Bragging rights that your theory was correct?
You will only be able to find out for sure when the product hits the shelves. And then you may discover that you may have wasted a load of time since the images you spent so much time over-interpreting were in fact those of a demonstrational prototype that didn't reach mass-production in exactly the same form.

The "point" that you ask for is that some of us, namely, those of us who continue to post in this thread, enjoy speculating on the blaster's function, utility and modability based on the few bits of actual info that we have. I understand that such a discussion has no value in your eyes, slug, as well as, in all probability, those of the moderators/administrators. That said, I think that until the thread becomes harmful in some way it should remain open, simply to help stop new threads from popping up, if for no other reason. That way, we who actually enjoy such threads get our SINGLE cesspool of baseless speculation, as opposed to multiple such threads popping up (hopefully). As for the people who don't like such threads, aside from the administrators and moderators, who have to monitor the thread for violations, there is no reason you have to read the thread.

#212663 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 February 2009 - 12:11 AM in General Nerf

I'm looking forward to the pump action alot. The one complaint I have about the longshot is the bolt action: it's certainly faster than manually loading the dart or an air gun, but it's still awkward to fire quickly. A true pump action gun, especially with a high capacity magazine, will be simply incredible in close quarters, even better with the removable stock. I definitely intend to use this gun, even if it gets the same range as the recon.

#216075 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 March 2009 - 10:06 AM in General Nerf

I personally intend to begin a round with the drum in the gun, and then switch to the normal clips once it's spent. As you said, lugging a bunch of 35 shot clips around kinda sucks.

#212635 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 15 February 2009 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

Scroll own a bit on this page.

sputnik had it at the bottom of the first post, if you actually looked for it.

glamdringguy15: I think you're hating on the drum a bit too much. We now has a 35'shot compatibility with 3 different guns, and probably more guns to come.
Also, there should never, EVER be a period in a war where you fire of 35 shots without a time to reload. Find a time to reload.
ANd have you ever thought that maybe, [/b]just maybe[b], that people might have more than 1 drum, so if they run out of shots (which they shouldn't) then they can just slap another one on?

On top of all this, we have to remember that we can also use the normal 6-shot clips with this gun too, so fi somehow you manage to run out of 35 shots then you can just slap in a 6-shot clip for time's sake.

You are quite right sir. I routinely carry 4 clips with me in my indoor stock wars, and if I survive long enough to fire off all those shots I consider myself either 1) very lucky or 2) the winner. Now add a high-capacity magazine at the start and you suddenly have 59 shots at your disposal. I consider that pretty formidable.

#216438 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 March 2009 - 10:19 AM in General Nerf

You guys can argue over tactics and which clips to carry when you have the gun. Right now, you're just making fools out of yourselves.

I disagree captain. Even though we don't have the gun, we can make several reasonable assumptions about the drum mags vs. regular clips, and disucss their use based on those assumptions.

#233902 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 02 June 2009 - 08:50 AM in General Nerf

I don't think the recon is that bad. Hopefully the preformance of the raider will match the longshot

Let me say it this way:

The Recon barely reaches the end of my lawn.

My Pistol shoots across the street.

Now that I said it that way, doesn't it just make the recon seem bad?

As neither of us has ever seen your lawn nor your street, your point is lost on the audience completely. In my opinion, the recon serves its purpose well in close quarters. At medium to long range, give me a longshot, or just about anything else, any day.

#171143 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 20 August 2008 - 10:46 PM in Modifications

It looks like the mag would be prone to falling out. If that's the case, perhaps you could use magnets to make it slightly more secure?

#164595 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 25 July 2008 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

What's the thing that looks like a G3 (or one of its family members, maybe a C6)?

#261455 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 11 January 2010 - 12:07 AM in General Nerf

Im looking forward to getting a Longstrike (after te Raider of course)...I dont see why you guys have to be so down about it. Some people just are never happy...I mean you get to a point where you can only do so much in the way of innovation before it become cost prohibitive.

The problem is that the vast majority of the members here play with heavily modded blasters. For those of us who play stock, it doesn't matter what the internals are like so long as it reaches the advertised 35 feet. However, as I understand it the longshot internals make for better/easier modifications than the recon internals do, and that is the problem here: the longstrike is basically a very big, pretty recon. They don't necessarily want innovation, the proven longshot internals in this sweet new shell would be just fine.

#181624 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 01:14 AM in General Nerf

Anyone have any guns they believe will be released? My list goes Spartan, the raider, the long rifle, the maverick with the longer barrel attachment.On a note, fully automatic will not work obviously. Darts will get shredded rapidly. Hopefully the gun is like the Vulcan, offering a choice of firing modes such as On for a three round burst and off for single shot.

The raider, definitely, I don't think there's any question about that, which is good, because a pump-action, clip fed gun is just what I needed. While I would love a lighter and more movement-friendly alternative to the vulcan in the spartan, I am not nearly so sure that will come to fruition, hopefully you prove me wrong.

I am also intrigued by the patent name stampede rev 12. Anything with 12 shots before a manual reload is required is worth a shot in my book (and before you mention the tommy series, try them out in tight quarters, you may be pleasantly surprised). I can't find a gun on the picture that matches the specs of a 12 shot cylinder, however.

Also, anyone else think this is quite possibly the most brilliant marketing scheme since... ever? Seriously, they're releasing a game that will probably sell pretty well, which will in turn advertise a bunch of shiny new toys for kids to play with. Essentially, your're paying $50 for a glorified ad.

#181655 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 11:14 AM in General Nerf

Ivan: I was wondering about the clip on the spartan too, but maybe the N designates that it comes with the NEW 12 shot clips. Just a thought, so you now have Spartan New clip System-12.

#181876 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

This is my last useless bit of speculation on this.

Perhaps the N in NCS-12 stands for Nano. Maybe Hasbro took a page from our book, made Nano Darts, and you load 3 of them in the magazine at a time, sort of like our shotgun loading. Along with the massive plunger stroke it looks to have, could what causes a '3 shot' burst effect.

Well if the "stats" page is to be believed, it uses micros just like the raider.

Right now i'm guessing the raider is going to be our Jan/Feb release. It's certainly nice, but not nearly as splashy as the magstrike/longshot/vulcan were, and is more in the recon category in that it builds upon the ideas of previous blasters rather than introducing something very new to the line. I'm hoping that the spartan will be released in the summer, though whether the spartan will be released at all remains to be seen

#181335 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 October 2008 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

Just when I was getting ready to address the dead space in my vest, perfect. For our indoor wars, these will be nothing short of insane.

#181949 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 06 October 2008 - 10:34 AM in General Nerf

What stores usually sell lanard toys? I don't think I've seen them paid much attention on the product awareness system so I'm not sure.

Also, there's a picture on the first page.

#165845 Ls Dtb Integration Frame Guide

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 01 August 2008 - 01:06 PM in Modifications

But there is a way to make them read the Code of Conduct in some sort of terms and agreement that they have to agree to when becoming a member. People should have the right to necro, but it should be at their own expense. We have to be able to say "we told you so" when we kick them out. Right now, there isn't anything forcing people to read the CoC.

But if you don't, you're posting at your own peril. Just because someone didn't familiarize themselves with the rules of the board doesn't mean they're above them. Hell, i'd much rather see people who don't read the CoC banned because they were lazy than someone who did and accidently slipped up.

#207156 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 January 2009 - 09:58 AM in Modifications

My favorite mod. Period. Great job man.

#149195 Primary Guns

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 April 2008 - 10:02 PM in General Nerf

Stock recon for indoors, longshot for outdoors. The longshot has better range, but the recon is king in close quarters.

#201048 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 04 January 2009 - 02:02 PM in Off Topic

Are any of you old enough to remember the original Oregon Trail? Or (not quite as old) Return to Zork? I feel like an old codger when you kids talk about N64 and PSX like they're ancient.

I did see the first a few times, but I owned the second oregon trail, that was a good game.

#140527 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 February 2008 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

The original bow n arrow... or the sharpshooter, whichever came first, I can't remember.

#198746 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 24 December 2008 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

Yet another item I have to find room for on my vest, not that i'm complaining mind you.

#201997 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 08 January 2009 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

I got one of these for my girlfriend's brother, and one for myself so he could have someone to fight. They're a load of fun, but they do scuff fairly quickly. Still, I recommend them, they're a blast and seem pretty well made.

#199181 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 27 December 2008 - 11:55 AM in General Nerf

Glamdring, while I share your enthusiasm about potential new blasters, speculation is not generally encouraged on this forum and several topics have been locked as a result of it already. If you want to discuss the potential new blasters with a specific member, there's no problem with you taking it to PM.

On topic: Are we certain that the yellow one's tip wasn't simply broken off in transit?

#164946 Chubbs

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 July 2008 - 01:17 PM in Modifications

As some others said, it could be cleaner, though i'm still very impressed. I like it, and if you do at one point clean it up further, it could be one of the cooler mods i've seen, and that's saying something.

#221158 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 01 April 2009 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

Generally, stock Longshot, stock maverick.

If I feel like firepower is more important than mobility, stock vulcan, stock recon.

#156224 Sidearm/secondary Guns

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 May 2008 - 11:12 PM in General Nerf

I currently use a recon as my sidearm. For those of you who are wondering how I use a gun as bulky as the recon as a sidearm, I wear a photographer's vest when I am nerfing. The large pouch in the rear of the vest makes an excellent holster, even for a gun as large as the recon.

#181625 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 05 October 2008 - 01:24 AM in Modifications

Stock recon witha total of 4 clips or my maverick, depending on my primary. I use the recon with my vulcan, and the maverick with my longshot so that there's no clip overlap.