Oni Kadaki's Content

There have been 174 items by Oni Kadaki (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#168398 Your Biggest Nerf Regret

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 12 August 2008 - 11:02 AM in General Nerf

Delete please

#170172 Worst Nerf Gun Ever!

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 August 2008 - 11:38 PM in General Nerf

How about, read the Code of Conduct and the recent post by Piney:

In the last couple of weeks, we've let in approximately 2,200 new and pending validations to membership.

That's a lot.

We also have noticed an abundance, a growth if you will, of forum threads and discussions with the following types of characteristics.

-- More "what is your favorite_____________" threads.

*snip*

Enough is enough.

OMC replied to the topic and didn't condemn it, doesn't that give it the go ahead?

Supermaxx disk shooter. Jammed constantly and had sub-par performance the few times it did fire.

#143728 Wireless Tracking System

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 03 March 2008 - 09:09 PM in General Nerf

I taught my girlfriend's kid brother to use some other "spy gear" stuff against me when we have nerf fights, and sometimes it helps him. He generally places a bunch of the motion-activated alarms around so he knows exactly where I am at any time. This one seems like the best of them all though. I may have to pitch this idea to my nerf group at my university.

#162392 Who Likes The N64? Nintendo?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 11 July 2008 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Do pets count as household objects?

Just kidding.

I personally think a gun integrated into a rolling office chair would provide hours of entertainment, especially if it point out the back so you could take cover and fire at the same time.

#140527 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 February 2008 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

The original bow n arrow... or the sharpshooter, whichever came first, I can't remember.

#163539 What Makes A Good Battlefield?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 21 July 2008 - 11:05 AM in Nerf Wars

If you've never had an indoor multi-leveled venue then you're missing out.

Providing cover fire from a staircase while your teammates rush below, camping double doors and elevators, there's a lot of fun stuff to do in our old venue for NUVO. Three virtually identical floors, two staircases, an elevator and a mini hidden room linked both by the smaller staircase and the elevator... watch the footage to see what I'm talking about.

I dislike heavily wooded outdoor settings. It makes finding darts and running for cover really hard. A park is nice and makes jumping and rolling much easier.

I still find urban indoor/outdoor settings to be the most fun. The constraints of indoor fighting force people to get in each others' faces, and people are forced to stay within each other's maximum ranges, so the super uber 1337 guns are downplayed. However, it is difficult to get footage indoors, half the time the cameraman is too close or too far or has some wall or door obstructing his view. Outdoor urban settings allow for more Effeminate footage of the fighting, and give players more room to run around, while providing much more cover than an open field gives.

I kinda like our setup where one team raids from outside the building and the other team defends the target room in the basement. There are two entrances to the room, one on each side of a hallway, and the defending team has to make sure nobody gets inside.

#157114 What Is Your Favorite Stock Dart

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 26 May 2008 - 10:01 PM in General Nerf

Nerfers are inherently divided into two categories: those who love larami darts, and those who have never used them.

#189384 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 12 November 2008 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

My girlfriend and I were in the car one day and started talking about how cool nerf guns were when we were kids. We decided to stop at the local TRU and picked up a pair of nitefinders. After several awesome duels, we upgraded to mavs (I still use that mav extensively) and had our first war (about 12 people) a few weeks later.

Since then, I have been continuously searching for the guns to beat my maverick as my sidearm of choice and my longshot as my primary of choice, as well as for new gear, such as vests, to make carrying them more comfortable.

#221158 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 01 April 2009 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

Generally, stock Longshot, stock maverick.

If I feel like firepower is more important than mobility, stock vulcan, stock recon.

#165072 What Gender Are You?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 29 July 2008 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

My girlfriend nerfs, but you can't have her. Anyway, she's not registered on the forums.

I recall OMC mentioning dragging his girlfriend to a war, which may imply she nerfs, but unless you want one of his 9999 day specials, I wouldn't delve any further there.

Edit: Also, Nottedinkus is right, gender is a social term. your poll is missing Eunuchs.

#165126 What Gender Are You?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 29 July 2008 - 11:08 AM in General Nerf

Wow, I came into this thread expecting to hand out some serious unpaid time off, but have been pleasantly surprised....until Oni told us his girlfriend "nerfs".

I know you Oni. I know you, and I fucking hate you.

VACC

Is there a connotation to "my girlfriend nerfs" that I'm not getting? I meant that my girlfriend attends our wars and uses an AT3k.

And if the second part of your post is to be taken literally, I highly doubt it. All of the people I know play stock, I think i'd know if any acquaintances of mine, whether they like me or not, had any well modded guns.

#165250 What Gender Are You?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 29 July 2008 - 07:31 PM in General Nerf

My comments were an excercise in hyperbole designed to be funny, but I stand by the general sentiment. I've known several nerfers whose girlfriends "nerf" and have yet to find one that does not adversely effect the amount of fun everyone else is allowed to have. I have a simple rule for all girls that wish to partake in this absurd passtime. If you want to play with the boys, you have to play just like the boys.

Now, I am an ultra-competitive, belittling, violent bastard of a nerfer. That's why I'm so good. And if I have a girl on my field of battle I have no intention of allowing it to alter my behavior (unless I'm using her as a shield against her boyfriend). Would you be ok with me yelling at your girlfriend? Because you can be damn sure I'd be yelling at you. Would you be ok with me shooting your girlfriend from point blank with a crossbow when she runs from a barrel tap? Would you be ok with me isolating her from her team, surrounding her and taunting her as I did so? If the answer is no to any of these questions than you simply are a good boyfriend. It's perfectly understandable....and it's exactly why you shouldn't bring her to nerf with me.

Maybe your stock wars play out a lot differently. I can't say, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and don't PM me if you're going to reply to me on the boards.

VACC

Heh, I wouldn't subject myself to a face shot from a crossbow at any range, let alone subjecting my girlfriend to one. As you guessed, our wars are quite a bit more tame.

As for the PM, my apologies. After I posted I realized it would be better to discuss it via PM.

Now, onto the topic at hand, if you're looking for a girl who nerfs, your best bet is to find a girl and introduce her to the hobby. I'd imagine the amount of girls who already nerf is abysmal.

#180237 Weapon Choice For Assassins

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 September 2008 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

A well modified SSPB will outdistance any mav. I would go with the eliminator though. Decent range in a tiny package, expecially if you minimize it like keef did, you could hide that in your sleeve.

We don't mod our guns, and range isn't everything. If you miss with an sspb, it's your ass, especially if they're packing something heavier.

#180076 Weapon Choice For Assassins

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 27 September 2008 - 11:57 PM in General Nerf

Keep a maverick in your bag for dorm defense and extra firepower, get an sspb or an eliminator for sneak attacks and as a last-ditch defense. Even if you only actually use the sspb or eliminator once or twice, it will have done its job. In my last assassin game, I was so well known for always carrying my sspb with me (and being good with it) that if an opponent who caught me without it approached me, all i'd have to do was reach into my back pocket, and they'd back off for fear of being shot.

#180581 Weapon Choice For Assassins

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 September 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

In our game of assassin we conceal our blasters on campus, but university police is aware of us and we have wars in public where people often watch, so I think we're well known enough to avoid the police being called for a simple handle being shown. That said, what Gears said is true if your game is not well known and/or university police doesn't know about the game.

#169560 Vulcans...bad?

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 15 August 2008 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

Have you checked the batteries?

#165572 Vulcan Range Test

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 30 July 2008 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

Those ranges flat at just under 4 feet above the ground? Awesome, simply awesome. So far, the vulcan sounds like one of the best stock blasters ever released, and this is coming from a veteran of the amazing supermax line.

#158264 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 06 June 2008 - 03:48 PM in General Nerf

In the video it looks like it sucks, but even Hasbro is not going to make a gun that only shoots 5 feet stock. (I know, the AT2K, but it sometimes shoots 20 feet.) You know, the sucky ranges are probably either from a HUGE, THICK AR, or, there might just be a rod or something that hits the back of the dart. If that's so, I'm just gonna give up on Hasbro. Every gun gets worse, and worse. At least buzzbee has some consistency. But we'll just wait 'till fall then. -_-

I agree with you Bomberman. I find it hard to believe that one of the most expensive nerf guns ever made (offhand, I only remember the motorized ballzooka fetching this high a price in stores) would have such poor performance.

#158259 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 06 June 2008 - 03:27 PM in General Nerf

My girlfriend made the observation that, in this video, the darts almost invariably are turned around on the ground, possibly indicating that they had hit something (table, column, leg?) with enough force to cause them to bounce off. This hypothesis gains further evidence in its favor from the initial video of titan being shot, as the darts also bounce off of him. As such, while I doubt this thing will get longshot stock ranges (and, from a stock nerfer's point of view, the longshot is pretty awesome) i'm hoping for at least 20 ft.

#156446 Use Of Stock Guns

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 20 May 2008 - 11:29 PM in General Nerf

I've noticed that the vast majority of guns are judged solely by their mod potential and stock performance is almost never taken into account. However, I have also seen a few comments about guns being good in stock fights, usually about guns that have little to no modding potential, such as the recon or the maverick. As I play completely stock, I am curious as to how many people on the haven use stock guns, and to what degree they do so.

Please note that by stock I refer to the internals of a gun. I do not consider a strap, a flashlight, or cosmetic/ergonomic changes which do not otherwise impact performance to be relevant modifications.

#140067 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 February 2008 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I am looking forward to using this in assassin and stock wars alike. My Recon may just have to be content as a sidearm starting in the fall.

#140531 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 February 2008 - 01:11 AM in General Nerf

Actually, being a huge ALIENS fan I immediately thought of those upon seeing the vulcan, but figured it would be an obscure reference at best. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Edit: Also, my friends are really divided on the vulcan. Many still remember how the team with the most RF20s pretty much won our first war (all our wars are stock) by default, and are not looking forward to potentially getting diddled by these. My girlfriend and I, on the other hand, are psyched about them.

#159571 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 June 2008 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

It says it shoots up to 3 darts per second...crap.

Umm, and how fast do you normally shoot per second?? Just wondering.

Adding onto that, keep in mind that, even if you can, with, say, a longshot, fire three shots in a second, I guarantee you'll have an easier time doing so if the vulcan is automatically advancing the darts so that you don't have to reacquire your target again and again.

#140097 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 13 February 2008 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

Considering it's powered by 6 batteries, I doubt they'll die exceptionally often.

I see this gun as being situationally amazing. Though I wouldn't use it for assassin when i'm raiding a house with 1-2 targets in it, in situations where multiple targets are present I imagine this bad boy's room clearing ability will be valuable.

#141139 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 18 February 2008 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

My dad said he saw a commercial for the vulcan he said he just heard "the new belt fed nerf vulcan"
And said he was reading the newspaper and just looked up and saw a turret like yellow gun But that was all he said.

If that's the case, hopefully someone will have it on youtube soon.

#142964 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 27 February 2008 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

I'm liking this. In indoor stock fights like we have at my university, one team member can use it to pin down the other team while his buddies get into position. The slower rate of fire means that, though consecutively the shots are still too fast to reliably dodge, they come slow enough that you can fire for longer than, say, with an RF20 on automatic setting, and that's not even including the extra five darts. Come to think of it, this would have been invaluable several times today.

#163071 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 17 July 2008 - 10:05 AM in General Nerf

I'm not sure that's true, I remember the November thing, but that wasn't actually in stores. I'm willing to bet that us over on the east coast can expect to see this on the shelves by mid August.

#163535 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 21 July 2008 - 10:10 AM in General Nerf

This is fantastic. Any of the few stock nerfers on this forum will tell you that the longshot is pretty much the best stock primary you can get. This thing has quadruple the ammo and gets better range? Sick, just sick.

#158860 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 11 June 2008 - 04:26 PM in General Nerf

Just got an email from target, apparently the official release date is September 7th. It is available for preorder now however.

#162980 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 July 2008 - 09:59 AM in General Nerf

I like how like no one on NHQ has asked him to open it...
We need internals for the damned thing. I could care less about external shots.

By contrast, I could care less about modding potential and just want to know about stock performance, so let's just wait and see, he'll probably give us both in time.

#163055 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 16 July 2008 - 11:46 PM in General Nerf

I live on LI, I believe I got my recon in mid January, does anybody remember when the first confirmed recon sighting was? If so, the same window will probably apply to when the vulcan will show up on the east coast.

#163630 The Vulcan

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 21 July 2008 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

Any of the few stock nerfers on this forum will tell you that the longshot is pretty much the best stock primary you can get.

Uh....

What? The recon maybe (being as it has the same advantages of the LS (fast change clips) without the glaringly obvious pitfalls). But you'll still get better range performance out of a blue Maverick then a stock LS. Out of box, the LS is like the Firefly; big, kinda cool looking, but generally disappointing when it comes to putting foam downrange.

If you're going to carry two things into battle, out of box... you want a Recon and clips for the reload rate, and a long range muzzle loader (first gen blue NF for example) for firing old-style darts used by your enemies.

I just did some range tests. My hallway is 29 feet long. From one end to the other, my longshot fired 6 shots which hit the door at the other end roughly in the middle and with some force. My recon hit the bottom of the same door, and my maverick got roughly 20 feet. As such, in terms of stock primaries, I can say with a degree of certainty that the longshot is the most effective, at least when the magstrike and RF20 are not taken into account. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM me.

Back to my original point, a stock longshot can make 30-40 feet on average. The vulcan, at least from Anima's estimates, can shoot at least 30, and at a higher rate of fire and with a far greater ammo capacity. The only weakness of the vulcan appears to be reloading, and even then, that is ameliorated by the belt system. Sounds to me like the vulcan is going to be the new stock primary to beat.

#171699 The Scimitar

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 23 August 2008 - 12:26 AM in Modifications

Eh, I don't see what the big deal with homemade shields is. They're a pain in the ass, for sure, but you can adapt to them. I've had opponents in my university form a phalanx (spanning from wall to wall) with mavericks and huge cardboard shields, completely impenetrable from the front when not attempting to fire and/or move. We ended up winning because my teammates went outside and circled around while I was posted up at a corner with my recon, keeping their heads down and slowing them down a great deal.

In conclusion, shields are annoying, and can be incredibly effective in the hands of a well orchestrated team. But they are also bulky, and take up at least one valuable hand. As such, though I personally don't use them, I don't mind when opponents do.

#167153 The New Tommy 12

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 07 August 2008 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

lol. You kids and your holsters. No forget about holstering this gun. not going to happen unless you have a big ass holster. It is pretty wide as the drum even tho only holds 12 darts is still pretty big for a handgun. and the front cage is still pretty good sized.

As said, my vest's rear pocket can probably hold it, as it holds my recon with plenty of room to spare, but unless I can fit two, it would be much easier to use the recon. Still, it looks like a fun gun, if nothing else I imagine my group at school will invest in a couple.

#167137 The New Tommy 12

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 07 August 2008 - 02:30 PM in General Nerf

How wide is it? I'd imagine that is going to be the hardest part about finding a suitable holster for this thing. My vest can probably hold it, but that's about all I can think of.

#166989 The New Tommy 12

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 06 August 2008 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

This is pretty cool actually. Though the original wasn't incredible, it did function well enough as a room clearer. I will be getting two once I have the money, just for the dual wield potential.

#207156 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 January 2009 - 09:58 AM in Modifications

My favorite mod. Period. Great job man.

#185987 The Hereticorp Assault Rifle Mk. 2

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 October 2008 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

I love everything about it save for the laser sight, and even that is cool, just not very safe except for target practice. If it could be turned off, it would be perfect, great mod. For the mk. 3, I want you to integrate a vulcan.

Edit: In case it wasn't evident, the last part about the vulcan was a joke.

#214374 The Future Of Nerf

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 23 February 2009 - 12:13 AM in General Nerf

Were hasbro to start selling parts, they would have to be covered by warranty, and since the chances of everyone who didn't get the awesome ranges they wanted saying the parts are defective and then returning them would be so high, they would lose money. The whole reason modding voids the warranty is because otherwise people would complain to the company when they messed up their guns. Its that simple.

Nerf? It's gonna be around for a while. It may change, going from awesome outdoor wars to more indoor venues, focusing more on ROF then range, but hey, its still Nerf, and honestly, I could stand to see some more awesome rushes and less pussy foot pot shots.

I'm not sure I see the majority of wars going that way, but I certainly do like indoor wars. I challenge every member of this forum who hasn't had one in awhile to do so, bonus points if you use a stock gun.

#207474 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by Oni Kadaki on 28 January 2009 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

Imaseoulman, though we've never met, i've repsected your ability to mod since I first saw arachnophobia, and if your posts on the forum are any indication, you're a pretty cool guy. Best of luck in the Navy.