Cartaya's Content

There have been 109 items by Cartaya (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#339788 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Cartaya on 26 June 2014 - 12:09 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Goes well right with the rest of my pistols.

Posted Image

Here is my New 14 Kg Nerf Rebelle "Messenger From Hell" that I worked on yesterday. Full mod details after the 27th since I am new here. Thanks Langley and Darkdragon for pointing me to the right thread.

--Cartaya

#351332 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Cartaya on 04 February 2016 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

February

20th [Glendora, CA] P.A.T,RIOT (People Are Tired, RIOT) 

#343084 The NIC Spring Database

Posted by Cartaya on 25 November 2014 - 03:37 PM in General Nerf

What do you people think of this online Spring Calc.

http://www.acxesspri...tant-units.html

And with it I got information on this spring.

Posted Image

Melnor Kink-Free Hose Saver spring

Price: $5 Home Depot

Pictured as 14 coils total, 2.6mm wire chromed.

As found at Home Depot:
All coils: 12
Outer Wire Diameter: 1.125, ID:.912
Length:4.5 inches
Solid length: 1.4 inches
Yield @ Solid length:20.4 Kg's

#351736 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by Cartaya on 24 February 2016 - 12:05 AM in Nerf Wars

40-50, sometimes more.  It's a pretty bitching war.

#354156 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by Cartaya on 13 June 2016 - 02:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Pro's:

*Nice cool weather.
*My new Brassed Dual-Strike Magnum needed a couple of adjustments, but once dialed in, all my other blasters rusted in disuse including my Longshot, 2k, and even my usual super sprung pistols.
*Good to see everyone again, getting the band back together!
*I like the new gametypes, team CTF (wish we played a few rounds of that) and click of death TDM, keeping a point system and respawns on hits reminds me when I used to play Quake with my College friends, no body feels left out waiting for the next round.
*Recovered nearly all of my darts, I usually count on losing 50-75 in a war like this.
*A lot of new faces, good to see the word getting out and people giving the NIC a try, whatever I can do to help, please don't hesitate to message me, I want to see the NIC grow and in the right way.
*Also a lot of cool East Coast people came out, Hoongfu and Koree, just bitchin players, so are the Wonder Twins and a few other people here that are my favorite players in the NIC.
*No rounds with eliminations (except speedrounds) meant no bogeys that were picking up ammo that you couldn't figure out if they were in or out of the game. Snoop wrote an excellent post on this on FB about a bunch of dick modded stock kids at a local war who hovered around the play area looking for darts with no hands up and it's quite annoying, I agree.
*A lot more players working on better effective range and shooting some great shots from a distance.  I saw some pretty long kills from others as far as 150' and maybe farther.  Very cool! 

Cons:

*A lot of young kids made me somewhat nervous of accidentally nailing them with an X-Dart or FvJ at too close of range, I'm usually at a distance when I shoot anyways, but I know the darts  still hit somewhat hard even then. 
*One idea of having a Smart AR that switches to megas is so that if someone comes close, I can switch to something that hits softer at closer ranges.  For the most part, worked, but in a couple of cases, I accidentally hit the singled barrel while trying to fire mega's.  Usually I just dry fired it, but in one case, engaged the brass barrel, nailing Baghead in the face (sorry).
*I wanted to call time out when Pants got nailed in the crotch, but didn't know if it was appropriate for me to do so or if I was allowed to, he got hit hard. That is my own confusion, other than that, everything else was clear and very well organized.
*And yea, same deal, my darts worked great at home, and when I got there, not as great.  But no excuses I did well and loved the game.  Pretty moist humid day.
*Pulled both inner thigh muscles, I don't know how.

#351412 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by Cartaya on 09 February 2016 - 03:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Going.

#351291 Nerf N-Strike Elite Firestrike Mod Guide

Posted by Cartaya on 02 February 2016 - 06:19 AM in Modifications

I love what you did with the coupler on this, very nice. Ever give a Century C-882 a look? It is 7/8"X8.5"X.072 wire gauge and 22 active coils.  It has a thinner gauge than an Everbilt spring but less coils per inch so it is a higher yield.  If you cut it to 12 coils, ton's of precompression, around 14 Kg's and should fit in a Firestrike.  Give It a shot, I also use a Catch spring out of the Everbilt small spring variety pack to go well beyond 14 Kg's, give them a try, stock catch springs just aren't enough.

Oh, and I voted for you by the way.

#339744 Last Armageddon (Armageddon XV)

Posted by Cartaya on 24 June 2014 - 12:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Missile Crisis was great, I remember Nate from SCUN talking about how difficult of a game it is to get the balance just right. And overall I just loved using my good old school single shooter tactics in battle and meeting Spoon and Jim Temper in person, and shooting them :). Modding a AT2K next month. Good game everyone.

--Cartaya

#360598 Armageddon XVIII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/24/17) NOW RECAPPING

Posted by Cartaya on 16 June 2017 - 02:25 AM in Nerf Wars

I loved Armageddon.... I'm going to miss Armageddon alot, this year can't make it, working in Singapore.

#346460 Frankenfinder

Posted by Cartaya on 28 April 2015 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

Wow Ice, I warred with you at the second to last SCUN meet, you made the Frankenfinder! Wow do you still have it or can make another? I'de love to see it!

Respect

---Cartaya

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#355827 The BuzzBee Sentinel / Ultra Tek basic guide

Posted by Cartaya on 26 August 2016 - 12:31 PM in Modifications

Thanks Van, I did this to my X-Sentinel, so far it's doing great.  It's awesome but labor intensive,  I completely melted Nylon all over a Dremel cutting wheel cutting the spacer down to the profile shape of a Sentinel Plunger rod and catch, but it was worth it.  If anyone has any questions, shoot me a post or a private message, I will be following this post, I'm not the best technical writer in the world, but I enjoy helping others with their mods.

Also typo, my bad, it's a 1/2"x1"x .19 ID spacer to fit with a #10 threaded rod.  One could use 6-32 or 8-32 threaded rod to bring the weight down if so inclined, just make sure your spacer fits the threads of the threaded rod first.  Also if you can find threaded spacers, that is also nice, but not the end of the world if you can't.

I also found this and this, however not as cost effective as galvanized threaded rod and 10-24 locknuts.  Also, do put in mind, it's Titanium, reacts with Nitrogen, so be careful if you go this route....

#355101 The BuzzBee Sentinel / Ultra Tek basic guide

Posted by Cartaya on 20 July 2016 - 05:12 AM in Modifications

You're advice on Facebook and your guides here on Nerfhaven have been a huge help with my own Sentinel.  Thanks Snoop, other than being the boxhead, you're going to be known for your work on this blaster far and wide.  Amongst many circles, you already are....

#347556 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 30 June 2015 - 12:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Had a fun game.

Pro's: *Met some cool people, got to use my Xplorer Longshot, Got my Pistols shooting fast.
*Got to get hit by Brads 2k, I asked him to.
*Last 2 rounds got over 25 hits, most At or above 110' away.

Con's: *Injured the left arm right before lunch so I couldn't keep using the Longshot (nothing serious, no big).
*Was stuck shooting the Sidearm Version of my high Yield, Longshot PT'ed Star Shot. All Because a Friend of mine Sucked a dart in the Carbine Version of the same blaster but with stock, scope and longer barrel earlier.
*My Video Camera had too little battery to shoot the whole war, gonna get a GoPro Generic Next month (hopefully).

#346282 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 18 April 2015 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#347263 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 17 June 2015 - 06:54 PM in Nerf Wars

For the Ultimate Core Penetration round, would an Ultra Match Firestrike be ok? I'm thinking the one I brought to the last war.

Posted Image

#347332 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 21 June 2015 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

You're right, that is a little out of the blue just to post a pic and not describe it, but Ice9 has seen it shoot. I can put a build post up on the [BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF], I don't know how welcome it would be, however I build [MORE BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF]s more now.

That one was just because I got a OMW Unleashed Firestrike kit, which sadly they built too few of. One week away, Cant Hardly wait!

--Cartaya

Haha, thanks for the clarification ;)

#347295 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 19 June 2015 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

No one knows what your made up name for your firestrike means. Does it have the stock plunger tube? What have you done to it?

"Ultra Match" basically just means high accuracy by means of a countersunk barrel. this term has been around for awhile, even if yes, I was the one who named it.

There is a rough criteria of how accurate it should be, but nothing official. It's 5 ring human target 80'@ if<150 fps, 100'@ 180 fps and 120'@ if>230 fps.

It's a stock PT and 21kg's of twin springs, a brass barrel, airtight seal, and OMW unleashed solid plunger rod, a recoiling spring assembly at the head of the PT (so the plunger head can go as fast as you want) and a steel spring plate. I also have a 12Kg firestrike and a couple of modded brass Sharpfires that are slower if this is too hot to maintain a good game balance for UCP.

In all respect, I was concerned Langley, so I asked, sorry.

"It's not my war, so I don't mean to step on any toes, but I figure I'm the authority on this gametype. I am preliminarily going to allow it, but you have to fire it upside down. I'll pass final judgement (for my authority level) when we have more info/when I see it perform."

Sublimedom777, Nono, you can be up front with me on what to use, your not stepping on my toes. Respect is why I asked, but I somehow always seem to rub people the wrong way, not on purpose.

--Cartaya

#347376 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 22 June 2015 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Tuned up all my blasters this weekend and did a trial run at the SCSNW event. Can't wait to blast you guys.

I'll also be doing photography again for all of the patty-cake rounds because nerfing isn't fun if the objective of the game isn't just lasering dudes from 100'+ away.

...Where's the like button?

#347315 Armageddon XVI

Posted by Cartaya on 20 June 2015 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

You're right, that is a little out of the blue just to post a pic and not describe it, but Ice9 has seen it shoot. I can put a build post up on the [BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF], I don't know how welcome it would be, however I build [MORE BULLSHIT NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF]s more now.

That one was just because I got a OMW Unleashed Firestrike kit, which sadly they built too few of. One week away, Cant Hardly wait!

--Cartaya

#351026 Post your Stock/Superstock Loadout

Posted by Cartaya on 22 January 2016 - 03:21 AM in General Nerf

11709845_569053079900763_822237458655324

Superstock:  (Velocities given for modded blasters only)

*Retaliator with an 8kg spring, Xplorer plunger, OMW aluminum sled, 100-115 fps
*Crimsonstrike Recon, OMW stage 2 metal parts kit, 6kg's, 75-90 fps
*Stock Rotofury
*Stock Rival Apollo
*Sonic Blue Magnus modded with double coil 7.5kg spring array, 85-95 fps
*Stock AS-10 Magstrike (Yellow)

*Longshot Plunger Tubed Pistols described in the NIC section, Firestrike or Sharpfire if game organizer wants me to be at a lower velocity ceiling below 200 fps.  But in local Super Stock wars, it's understood I play the long range player and most Event organizers and players and are fine with it as I maintain distance from opponents or will drop high yield pistols if another supertock player gets close and flip to the Retaliator.

NIC: 
Primaries
*An AT2K with removable Turret, switchable with 17/32nds brass barrels of choice. 245fps with turret, up to 290 fps singled @ 7 pumps
*2 Longshot Plunger tubed pistols based off the Nerf Rebelle Star-Shot couplered to speedload 17/32nd brass barrels, 19 Kg's and 28 Kg's, 215-230 and 230-260 fps Respectfully
*A Longshot plunger tubed Pistol, same as the above 2, except with a Carbine stock and a Tasco 2x7x20mm scope couplered to accept 17/32nd brass barrels, 32kg's, 240-270 fps

Secondaries and backups:
*An Xplorer Longshot, 21 kg's (18 Kg Xplorer and stock spring), Hybred boltsled, V5 breech, shotgun grip, 11" barrel, ZS shell, 190-215 fps
*A modded Bigshock, 21 Kg's, 140-170 fps
*A Sealed Breech Sharpfire, 21 kg's, 160-185 fps
*A brass barreled Firestrike, gold, Fixed barrel, 21 Kg's 160-180 fps

This loadout is made for long range assault and fortification of specific choke points in battle.  The Longshot plunger tubed pistols are my blasters of choice, one draw, one load, one fire I practice with them everyday and with Singapore darts they can just sail a dart well out of range of a typical opponent outside of a player with a 4B or a Titan tank based airblaster, with normal felt tipped slugs, they behave like a typical modded crossbow.  The Recon or Retaliator is more for close range and I'm going more for reliability than speed. They usually are on a magnetic clip holster, it's easy to draw is for if anyone comes within 100"-70" of me and tries to hit me with a blaster that is either hoppered or mag-fed, usually loaded with FvJ darts.  The Xplorer Longshot usually sits either at my fall back point or the point I am trying to hold.  It is usually used to lay down suppressive fire.  Often, I'll throw it to a teammate to help defend me or because his loadout just sucks.  Sharpfire, BaJ and Firestrike are usually used as backup single shot blasters, they have saved me more times than I can count.

Pro's
*Excellent, accurate long range attack effective in excess 60 yards with ease.
*Primary blaster is a fairly quiet, small, light pistol of holy terror! 
*A Decent close range backup.
*A holster system that is magnetic quick-drawable.
*Cargo shorts make for excellent stefan dart storage.
*Typically carrying 4 blasters at any time, won't lose for the lack of shooting back.

Con's
*Low RoF, not a problem however if your shot placement is good.
*Backup Mag-fed blaster is slower than typically what blaster is shooting at me at close range.
*Getting to a backup blaster in time is sometimes difficult if rushed.
*Darts for the Xplorer Longshot need to be 1-7/16ths OAL or it won't fit in the mags, picking up random ammo off the ground won't work. 
*Longshots Pistols cannot be hoppered (Theroetically) as they only use 66 cc's of volume and 2 1/3" of draw.  
1401521_568376416635096_5994397207782138

12241048_617306291742108_17347609221096212486023_636481909824546_791804515563237

#345183 Nerf Modulus Information

Posted by Cartaya on 23 February 2015 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

...Does anyone remember the Cam 12? I think that is going to be what this will become like. Other than the Demolisher, which I felt was a vast improvement and worth another Semi-auto flywheel model, why bother?. They could have thrown the attachments on a number of better blasters.

I rather see...

*A pistol Rapidstrike like model, sorta like an Uzi or an Ingram.
*An XD elite Longshot.
*A Selective fire (3 burst, Full auto, semi auto) electric trigger Rapidstrike.
*A Zombiestrike Version of the Star Shot.
*A Elite Longstrike.
*A 4 Barreled Triad/jolt type pistol.
*A Clipfed Magnus
*A Return of the Magstrike but smaller using the Smart AR system.
*An XD Alpha Trooper.

--Cartaya

#356297 Your thoughts on the Accustrike darts?

Posted by Cartaya on 17 October 2016 - 03:21 AM in Darts and Barrels

Some thoughts....Has anyone seen a X shot dart yet?  I think that is a much better idea for a dart, if they were only a little heavier.

I'm not exactly jumping for joy about these,  I dreamed for years the next Nerf dart from Hasbro would be better than the K'nex darts. Why couldn't they make a decent nipple-head dart with a soft head instead?  The head being collapsible could cause a lot of problems with sealed breeches and long barrels as where the K'nex darts have a taper to them to avoid that problem.  Oh well.   

#352701 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 10 April 2016 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

So a bolt carrier around the tee with a slot cutout to prime it....  But like you said, who needs it now that we have affordable boltsled replacements, once it becomes that much trouble.   Yea so it prys it, that's why they crack. I always try to keep the bolt as straight as possible, might be why I never broke one. 

There is more to this...let me get back to you, not that it matters but something else going on perhaps.

#353721 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 24 May 2016 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

Play with long barreled designs,  this one has been shooting wild at the last few wars, Ever since I went twin Longshot springs (OMW 8 Kg and Xplorer 18 Kg)  but I finally got her dialed in and the darts stable.  I just threw an orange plastic tip on it last week.   The right darts and 3.6 Joules or so can do wonders, but don't use this to dick around with your friends, you'll welt them pretty bad, but NIC wars, ok.  This was a response to a kid claiming a unmodded stryfe with a scope was $n!per, I had to break it to him....

https://youtu.be/rNIP7KO_NeY

#353708 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 23 May 2016 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

Dual Strikes are pretty rad, 3" of draw, longshot PT size and if you fill the voids, nice volume at low yields. Able to use up to 22" barrels (18" I'm finding the most accurate to fast ratio)  Fires mega's extremely well, makes good 1-hit kill backups for a shooter like me who usually picks people off with a singled blaster.  Also look into a good red dot, B style, $30 Wal-Mart or less, just stay clear of that NcStar crap.IMG_6029_zpssszkuhlq.jpg

#352693 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 10 April 2016 - 04:21 PM in General Nerf

I tend to make things sound too easy sometimes, sorry...

I've never seen it happen, but I've heard of it happening and yes RoF is quite low.  My trick, was to shore up the barrel by laminating it into the barrel attachment adapter with Go2 glue and duct tape. Does it keep it from cracking by distributing the springload on the Plunger cup, possibly, time will tell, that's the idea anyways.  Because if that cup is free entirely to hit the PT, yea it's thin orange plastic, he's right, it will break.   The prime is not easy, I believe it's partially because bolt doesn't have a carrier, so priming it straight back is also an issue, but I want to develop one my next one I build. The last time I worked on a Singled longshot a couple months back, my customer didn't want one when I asked, I think it will make the prime way easier. 

#352630 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 05 April 2016 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

Coming back to this topic, I went out and thought about Ideas for a good Nerf rifle.

What I use in battle would not be for everyone and I only recommend it for those who personally like the design and can use it. I use a Longshot PT Star Shot carbine pistol (it's on the tip of everybodies tongue who know me I know....) with a Tasco 3-7x20mm scope and I have loaded it as high as 40 Kg's of springload, but find around 26-28Kg with longshot length springs and 1.5" of precompression is optimal.  I can get as high as 280 fps with a 250 fps average with Singapore darts and pretty nice accuracy and range.   

It's my own thing, I like it, It does what I want to do with the darts I use and the pistol version taken apart (pistol body, barrel, bow-wings) (I made 3 of them, Pistol, Carbine and AT2K turretable) fits in my glove box of my car.

But this is what I recommend you play around with, especially with the return of the ZSLS and the Elite (or not so elite) LS at toys R Us. Recently I worked on a Singled Longshot for a friend.  This is where you go simple, lose the boltsled, get a cpvc T, a piece of 1/2 cpvc hook it to a cpvs coupler and the Plunger setup and go to war.  With the availability of metal plungers and trigger catches, you can load that plunger system to the sky and get into the 300 fps range, but at 18 kg's you'll probably be in the 230-240 fps range, and that is great.  Get a 11" barrel, 12" if you're above 26 kg's. You can get pretty accurate shots with these and the trigger is nice and smooth.

But if you want even more power, Get yourself a 4B tank, a bike pump and a pressure gauge inline with the tank, and integrate that into a longshot/longstrike, hell what ever you want to use shell.  If you keep your pressures the same, the accuracy should be the same granted your darts are accurate.

Have fun.

--Cartaya

#353723 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 24 May 2016 - 03:27 AM in General Nerf

I didn't come here to sell, I just wanted to show you, it can be done, besides I'm not taking commissions right now, way too much work before Armageddon XVII. That blaster is very specialized, it's actually a pistol with a carbine stock. and sure one could put any sights, red dots or attachments you want, it's how much are you willing to spend..

But it's just a toy, brass, precautions taken to a heavy springload and a large plunger tube, well relatively large... But mostly experience, and if I or someone just sells you a blaster, will you get any experience.  I'm just being honest, hear me out,  If I just bought a modded recon and raider in 2008-9, I would have never been a better modder?  Probably no.....

My point is, you can do it, If you really read up on write ups on here, go to wars, see what works and don't work, try your best to mod, work at it, you can do it. Me and many of us here have been modding for years, a lot of people here way longer than me.  It's very rewarding to make something like those 2 blasters I showed and accomplish what you were trying to do, I couldn't take that away, how unfair would that be. 

Keep in touch.

--Cartaya

#352627 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 05 April 2016 - 05:18 PM in General Nerf

Try a brassed sharpfire with 15 coils off an ace #62 spring, If you use all the interlocking pieces of the blaster to your advantage in the build and use nice consistent dome/X-Dart/Pak-D Stefan darts, the results are very nice in terms of accuracy.  With this you got accuracy and some decent usable in battle speed, but you ain't gonna break any range records. You have to remove the locks and the arm that extends off the trigger in the blaster when you mod it also, but it works really well.

As for sight-rigs for Nerf blasters (and I mean a very accurate modded Nerf blaster, otherwise just use a Nerf pinpoint sight or aim naturally), I like reflex Red dots the most. You don't really need magnification and Aperture sights, yes I've used them on Feinwerkbau Pellet guns they are ok, but it's nice to put the sighting in one plane of focus.  They take a little getting used to, like finding the dot when you pick up and sight the blaster, but after awhile, it becomes second nature.  

--Cartaya

#353715 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 24 May 2016 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

Lol, does that say Mega BDSM?  Sorry... I didn't mean to get side tracked. 

So does that function like a cross bow? Does it fire foam darts, or real darts?

BDSM stands for "Brassed Dual Strike Magnum".

It is singled Stefan/Smart AR Mega Selectable.  This one is 19 Kg's, Has a 8 Kg omw longshot spring and a 11 Kg thunderbow spring.  with a 12" 17/32nds brass barrel it can pull 260 fps, but 220-240 fps with an 18" brass barrel and much more stable.

#352689 Looking for the ideal Nerf rifle

Posted by Cartaya on 10 April 2016 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

Ahh another idea, the Dual Strike is on sale on Amazon Prime, Credit to Bob O' Bob for posting this on my Facebook forum.  I can do mad things with a Dual Strike...working on a writeup to post on here.

#352581 What is the "best" spring for a Longshot cs-12

Posted by Cartaya on 02 April 2016 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Most people like 14 kg's usually it's a 1.125" x 5.5" X.100 gauge spring with about 8-10 coils if you order from an aftermarket shop like Oznerf or Black Tactical (warning terrible shipping prices from BT).  Personally I like the Xplorer 18 kg spring, Have you ever looked at a Home depot spring and wish it were longer but the rest the same?...well essentially, that's what Xplorer did, build one of the nicest springs I have seen in recent memory. I have been using it on a lot of blasters lately because It's like an Everbilt 7/8"x4"x.080 (14 coils) spring from Home depot except it's stretched to 5.25" with 14.5 coils total (7/8"x5.25"x.080").  This makes it so it has a steeper wire pitch and more power, 1.3" solid clearance, but cut down to 10 coils fits most Nerf blasters that can use a 7/8"ths spring. 

However, a good alternative is to use a Century Spring Company C-882 spring and cut it down to 6" (15 coils).  You got to cut the spring, square the spring, file the spring (some would argue it would work just fine open coil but I try to be smooth about it)  The yield is around 14 kg's but it has a little more precompression and also costs $5 at Orchard Supply and Hardware.  If you use the stock longshot spring with that, it's almost 18 kg's.

#352586 What is the "best" spring for a Longshot cs-12

Posted by Cartaya on 02 April 2016 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Well that depends how strong you are, if your a kid, yes, if your a teen/adult, no.

#353496 General Battle Max Sceptor Reference Thread

Posted by Cartaya on 16 May 2016 - 12:35 AM in Modifications

Now even I want to go to war on one of these, I had no idea these were this available and this inexpensive.  See you at Armageddon.

http://www.ebay.com/...EQAAOSwKtlWj~z9

#346056 Indoor Arena for So Cal Nerf players!

Posted by Cartaya on 08 April 2015 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

I am down, I live in Saugus and I also have people I play with in SCUN and the Norwalk League and I am pretty sure I have other friends that would want to come.

Most of my blasters are between 150 and 240fps since I am a Short Pistol modder and to a little Nerf pistol, those speeds are great :)

I am willing to give any organizer a chance.

This sounds really cool.

--Cartaya

#346303 Boltloser: the Blaster

Posted by Cartaya on 19 April 2015 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

I like the "T" attachment from the tank to forward of the breech, gave me ideas.

Good work.

#351943 Dual Strike = Much Potential.

Posted by Cartaya on 02 March 2016 - 02:26 AM in Modifications

Even with the Barrel selector, with the Smart AR's it deceptively is underpowered.  But if you tape, fill and sand smooth the grooves In this case I used Krazy glue laminated 3M extreme packing tape, filled the remaining grooves with Krazy Glue and sanded it to 400 grit.  The rest is just a matter of troubleshooting all the airgaps while retaining the functionality of the selector switch, It's a lot like fixing a Super Soaker.  I am building another one, much more powerful, probably Hopper/Hopper, but as you can see, it is very powerful with very little yield if you give it enough modding attention.  You can trim that lower barrel and attach a barrel and coupler to it, or in my case just a 9/16ths piece of brass to use a 17/32nds brass barrel.

here's a test firing.

https://youtu.be/g4Rgc7Rotco

I used 1.1 gram FNJ's cut down to 1 -7/16ths, I only added an 8Kg OMW Longshot spring to the stock spring as a springload and added half of a Century C-528 as a trigger catch spring. I will bring this to the Next NIC war if anyone doubts my results, no big.  Even with all the dead space, it is amazing and still can fire the megas.  I plan to do a writeup soon on here, I promise.

--Cartaya

#350092 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2015

Posted by Cartaya on 20 December 2015 - 10:45 PM in Nerf Wars

It was a nice war......

* Weather was outstandingly beautiful, calm before a brief Southern California rainstorm.
* I thought you played just fine, Apocalypticamerican, you played very solid and if you were a total Noob, you would have used Ultrafires, not a LiPo on that Stryfe. 
* Sorry I nailed you in the nads Domm, I know where your aiming at me next war we play ;)
* The kid who brought the Orange EAT and scored all those hits in Ding at once (10 I believe, I got 1, and Dom scored with the Ultimator for the win), also worth mentioning.
* My first AT2K battle ever, and I absolutely love mine, Can't wait to show Roboman.
* I have grown more in S.C.U.N than any other Nerf league, but I still need to work on some stuff. 

As usual, a great war from a solid group of NIC players.

#349852 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2015

Posted by Cartaya on 05 December 2015 - 03:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, possibly +1 (if that's ok), My nephew on Christmas break from the Naval Academy, he'll be using my blasters, he want's to play a NIC war.

#354993 Hole Door

Posted by Cartaya on 14 July 2016 - 03:19 PM in Darts and Barrels

That is awesome, I'm really glad to help.  Makes sense with the gasket being larger so the door doesn't pull it in and try to fold the edge of it. I wonder if rounding the edges of the seal, the side that faces the door, if that would also help.  But it sounds like you got it under control.