Ambience 327's Content

There have been 511 items by Ambience 327 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#163213 +bow Led Hookup

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 July 2008 - 01:02 PM in Homemades

It depends on your situation whether a light would be a good thing or a bad thing. If you are in a large group moving together, you're going to be seen anyway - might as well have a better chance of spotting lone-wolves hiding in the shadows.

Also, if during a game, you have been running with your light on for a bit, your eyes will be adjusted to it, wheras your opponents' eyes might not be, which can give you a bit of an advantage as far as spotting/aiming goes.

All you have to do is make sure you have a power switch on the thing so you can easily turn it on or off, and you have a versatile tool that can make you much more effective in the dark.

#156246 1" Backer Rod

Posted by Ambience 327 on 19 May 2008 - 08:20 AM in General Nerf

Now I feel the need to make a nerf cannon that shoots 4" backer rod with a nice weight in the center (Not enough to injure someone) and call it my artillery.

I was just thinking the same thing as I was browsing their FBR. I think you could get away with a slightly heavier weight if you embed it into the tip so that it is flush, then add a short length of additional foam on top of it to cushion the impact. It would probably work if the "missile" was long enough behind the weight to counter the unbalancing effect that the foam tip would have. (You might also be able to trim the tip a bit to round it, improving the flight characteristics a bit more.)

But man, you would need some serious air or a large plunger to push a dart that big any decent distance. It would be quite cool though - but not exactly the most practical thing since it wouldn't be any easier to hit a moving target at long range.

#277270 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Ambience 327 on 09 June 2010 - 03:28 PM in Nerf Wars

June
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19597]19th [IN] Foam in the Fort[/url]

#279822 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Ambience 327 on 09 July 2010 - 08:08 AM in Nerf Wars

August
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19773]28th [IN] Foam in the Fort II[/url]

#321115 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Ambience 327 on 28 August 2012 - 07:45 AM in Nerf Wars

September:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23069]22nd [IN] Foam in the Fort IV[/url]

#316780 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Ambience 327 on 09 June 2012 - 03:53 PM in Nerf Wars

July:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22681]21st [IN] Foam in the Fort III[/url]

#284359 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 August 2010 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe for this war. If I can raise the funds for gas, and barring unforseen circumstances, there is a good chance I'll be making it. I'll try to bring somebody along for the ride if I can as well. Maybe even more than one somebody - but that all depends on scheduling.

#286328 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Ambience 327 on 01 October 2010 - 08:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Barring any last-minute, unforseen circumstances, I will be an eligible target for this war. :P

Is Lake Ellyn confirmed for the location yet? Still says "tentative" on the first page.

#286552 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Ambience 327 on 04 October 2010 - 08:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Time for me to chime in (like anyone cares... :) )

+Getting another chance to play in a war that I didn't have to run! (less work = more fun time for me)

+All of my blasters holding up perfectly all day long.

+Using, and getting kills with, my BuzzBee Pirate Pistol. 15' flat ranges = better than a barrel tap. Style points FTW! (Everyone should carry a weak, 1-shot blaster to use for close encounters...)

+Hanging with my Cataclysm and FIF buddies again.

+Meeting lots of new guys I haven't had the pleasure of shooting before.

+Enjoying a PACbow for several rounds - those things are simply the most fun you can have with foam. Everyone should buy one from Ryan and Kane - NOW!!! :D

+Watching IceNine's 4B put hoppered-darts through a 90 degree elbow turn (so it can shoot around corners). Now THAT is power!

+Instant respawns. Extra walking is better than counting.

+Mobstacles - both varieties were great.

-Getting shut down. (At least he was polite about telling us to bug off. Glad I was there to do the talking since the hosts were all at lunch. Thanks to all the guys who helped with the dart sweep that we started before everyone got back - that made tear-down just that much quicker so we could move to the new location.)

-Getting hit in the face half a dozen times in a single round. Seriously - it's not like I was behind cover. I know my head is huge, and I know I'm short, but AIM DOWN A BIT!!!! :D

-6 hours in a car in a single day SUCKS. (Of course, Tacti-cool had to deal wtih 12 hours - 6 of which he drove, so I count my blessings!)

-Cold, damp, windy days spent running around and hollering aren't the kindest way to treat my voice...

-Losing one of my throwing stars. How do you lose something 6" square and bright yellow? (Thankfully, they only cost about $1.00 each to make.)

#320515 A small oddity with "View New Content"

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 August 2012 - 12:16 PM in Site Feedback

It will probably be corrected (along with several other issues with the 'view new content' feature) when the site software is upgraded. Until then I think clicking 'View New Content' a second time will--oddly enough--take you where you want to go.

Indeed it does, which is why it is only a minor inconvenience.

#320500 A small oddity with "View New Content"

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 August 2012 - 09:49 AM in Site Feedback

I just thought I would point this out, seeing as you are looking at how people browse the forums at the moment anyway.

I have noticed that when I am currently in the Messenger area of the site, and click "View New Content" it defaults to the "Members" tab of the New Content screen. I assume this is because the Messenger area falls under the "Members" tab of the site. It is mildly inconvenient if I am checking a PM and then trying to go see new content. I don't personally care about any new members added recently, and I doubt most of us do, so would prefer that it default to new posts instead. Not a huge deal, and if it is left as-is my life will go on virtually unaffected, but if it was corrected then rainbows and unicorns would suddenly appear.

#316087 Adhesive recommendation - Nerf plastic to epoxy putty

Posted by Ambience 327 on 24 May 2012 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

The kicker here is that the CPVC endcap is still firmly encased in the epoxy putty - I am trying to glue that whole assembly back on. I have had 2-part epoxy recommended by Darth Maker over on NRev, and plan to give that a try tonight.

Several people have suggested suplerglue, but I don't think it will work in this application - it is too brittle and I don't think it can take the kind of force that will be applied as CPVC barrels/RSCB's/etc are pulled out/banged around.

#316124 Adhesive recommendation - Nerf plastic to epoxy putty

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 May 2012 - 09:49 AM in Modifications

So a bit of Loctite 2-part, 5-min Epoxy seems to have done the trick. I am letting it cure for the full 24 hours before giving it a real torture test, but I think it is now solidly attached. If not, I will go with the CPVC stub and full coupler.

Thanks all for your input!

(If I do another BBB in the future, I will probably go the CPVC stub route - possibly with the screws and epoxy putty added for additional stability, but this looks like it is solid for now.)

#316083 Adhesive recommendation - Nerf plastic to epoxy putty

Posted by Ambience 327 on 24 May 2012 - 03:02 PM in Modifications

I don't know if superglue would be strong enough for this application. It is basically two flat faces, and the forces being exerted on it (removing/inserting things into the CPVC endcap) would be putting lots of stress on that join.

#316079 Adhesive recommendation - Nerf plastic to epoxy putty

Posted by Ambience 327 on 24 May 2012 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

So I have a bit of a dilemma, and I am hoping someone can recommend a good, inexpensive adhesive, which might be available at a local hardware/home improvement/etc store.

So here's the deal. On the below blaster, I attached a CPVC endcap to the orange plunger tube endcap on the BBB with "Amazing Goop" and then covered that up with epoxy putty as you can see in the image below. I roughed up the plastic and the back of the endcap prior to gooping it on, but while showing it to my nephew, we managed to pull the thing right off the front. The orange endcap looks exactly like it did before I gooped the CPVC endcap on it - so nothing stuck.

What I am hoping is for a good, strong adhesive that I can buy locally (and cheaply) that will firmly stick the endcap/putty assembly back on there and hold it more securely. Anyone have any suggestions for something that will hold the putty to the plastic well?

Posted Image

#196997 Aim/accuracy Challenge

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 December 2008 - 04:15 PM in Off Topic

How about one of those little targets that comes with the Nitefinder.

Setting it up around 70 feet away.

Not that is a challenge.

The questions are:

Is your gun accurate enough?
Are your darts made well enough.

We've used the NF targets as actual objective targets in one of the game-types I run with the youth group at church.

We set up two large targets (printer paper boxes with tissue paper covering the open end) and three to five small targets (the NF targets) as the required targets for assaulting an enemy base. Once all of the NF targets are knocked over, and the two tissue paper targets have been breeched by missiles (darts don't count), the round is over. The teams take turns as attackers/defenders, with the attackers having infinite respawns, while the defenders only get one or two each. Whichever team "destroys the base" faster wins the game.

Obviously, accurate, long-ranged shooting against the NF targets can really help your team take down the enemy base that much quicker.

#186206 Air Propelled Grenade

Posted by Ambience 327 on 29 October 2008 - 08:28 AM in Modifications

I Like it, but does anyone really have wars inside? I mean its good, and I would but it, but everyone designs stuff for inside use, and I've never seen one inside.

Most of the wars I participate in are held inside, at a church. We probably wouldn't use something like this, because shooting at the ceiling there is a no-no, but I could definately see its use if we had better ceilings. I've also heard of a lot of guys who have wars inside dorm buildings, offices, schools, etc. A lot of people here Nerf primarily outside, but not all of us.

It's nice, It's cute, it looks fun as bell. Not so sure about war potential. Grenades in Nerf don't work, even in real combat, a grenade has to pretty much destroy everything in a small radius, using hundreds of shrapnel pieces. So Nerf grenades just don't work unless you have hundreds of darts shooting from them, they just aren't effective as shooting someone with a blaster. But, you did a really sweet job with this and out of all the Nerfnades I've seen, this has the most potential.

When you are playing outside, you really need a good spread and lots of foam, but inside, where space is tight and there are lots of corners and cover, things like this could become really useful if you can perfect the delivery system. For example, it can be quite easy for a small group to hold a medium-sized room (like a classroom) that only has a few entrances - like one or two doors. They can get themselves into cover using desks, tables, chairs or even the doors themselves, which can make them very tough to root out. In a situation like this, having something that can bypass their cover by doing a bit of indirect firing (i.e. you don't have to have a line of sight between the attacker and the target) can greatly increase your chances of taking them down.

For example, say a pair of guys are holding a small classroom with one door. One guy is stationed behind a desk in the corner, pointing his gun straight at the door. The distance + the desk gives him a fair advantage over anyone trying to come in. Not too hard to defeat on his own though. However, the second guy is directly behind the door, positioned so that if you rush Mr. Desk Guy, he'll pop you in the back. The best way to get him would be to slip your gun around the door and shoot, but Mr. Desk Guy would probably nail you long before you could do that, since you'd have basically no cover as you tried to pull your little maneuver.

So, with normal blasters, you have only one real option - rush in with overwhelming numbers and accept the fact that you'll probably lose a guy or two just to take these dug-in defenders down. However, if you have something like thing here, you could just launch it directly over Mr. Desk Guy and watch him try to scramble out of his death-trap of cover. If he doesn't get out, the APG hets him, if he does, he's probably a lot easier to shoot at now. By a similar token, you might be able to get either Mr. Desk Guy or the Door Man with something like a Bunker Buster.

I guess my point is, in indoor wars there are definately different tactics, and certain playstyles and weapon types are much more viable. (Just ask any of the Ball Shooter lovers who play indoors - if you are allowed to count ricochets with those things, they can be deadly in tight quarters. You will very rarely, if ever, see one in an outdoor war however.)

#264122 Alternate Elimination Rule Compilation

Posted by Ambience 327 on 02 February 2010 - 09:36 AM in General Nerf

If you really wanted to get creative with this barrel-tapping rule, you could take a page from numerous FPS's (which is where the whole "shield" thing comes from in the first place) and say that a barrel-tap to the person's back is an insta-kill, but a barrel-tap anywhere else is the simple stun as listed above. If you manage to sneak up on someone and tap them on the back, they are out. If they hear you coming, they are obviously going to turn and avoid that hit.

#323725 AMIORS

Posted by Ambience 327 on 19 November 2012 - 10:14 AM in Darts and Barrels

One thing I have seen at most wars I attend is people who pick up darts and drop them in their hopper without looking at them. This most often results in humorous headless darts fishtailing out of their blaster, but I have seen slugs with no felt pads (i.e. washers exposed) fired in this manner.

Thus, I ask whether you guys have tested how these things feel & fare when fired with just the putty and no pad. I imagine it would be far safer than washers with no felt pad, but empirical data on the safety of such would be appreciated. (Especially seeing as you mention felt pad loss being the most common type of failure, whereas total head loss seems much more common with slugs. I imagine firing these darts feltless wouldn't be a rarity if they catch on.)

#323964 AMIORS

Posted by Ambience 327 on 27 November 2012 - 08:40 AM in Darts and Barrels

I'm considering a crude extruder.

Time to bust out the Plah-Doh toys! :lol:

#311257 Ammunition Counter for a LongStrike

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 February 2012 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

Ummm, yes it is. -.-

Great, first typo in the title.
I suppose changing the thread title is not possible, right?
Sorry! Can a mod help me out here please? :)

If you edit your original post, you should be able to edit the title as well. (You can't use the "quick editor", you have to click the "Use Full Editor" button below the box that appears when you click "Edit" (at the bottom of your first post). You can then edit both your Topic Title and Topic Description fields.

On-topic, that is pretty snazzy, and I could actually see limited practical use for it in a Nerf war, especially if you got it working for different clip sizes. Assuming you only ever inserted fully-loaded clips, it would always let you know when you are about to run dry. That is never a bad thing to know!

#146149 Ancient Crossbow-like Gun.

Posted by Ambience 327 on 21 March 2008 - 12:57 PM in General Nerf

Looks like a gun with a lot of potential. If it were mine, I would take off the "crossbow arms", and see if I could remove the hole plunger handle. If so, I'd build some extra frame up the front of the gun, and make a shotgun slide for it. (although this would obviously work in reverse) Finally, I'd put a nice barrel on there that would meet up with the front of the shotgun slide area, and put a few supports between the two areas.

Throw a nice paint job on there, and you'd have a really nice looking gun with a great shape, that would probably be very comfortable. By the sounds of things (i.e. "gun jerks forward") it has a good deal of power, so it would probably also be very effective.

Man...now I want one! :ph34r:

#207841 Artillery Cannon Name

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 January 2009 - 10:30 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

I hate paint.

I'm not saying that paint is the best program in the world, but if you learn to use it properly, you can do some decent work with it. I'm assuming you hate the huge size of your image, which was then resized by imageshack into something unviewable - correct?

If so, here's what you do - use the scroll bars to the right of and below your image to scroll to the bottom right. Be sure that no selection is currently active (i.e. copy/paste tools), and there should be a little black box in the corner of the image that changes your mouse cursor when you roll over it (likely to a diagonal, double-arrow). If you click on that and hold it, you can drag your image's borders around, making it larger or smaller. Play with that a bit, and you can eliminate all that nasty white space on the image, and imageshack won't make it nearly as small.

(You can accomplish the same basic thing by clicking "Image" on the menu bar, then clicking "Attributes". This brings up a small window where you can specify the width and height of your image. Play with those numbers to crop the image.)

#224530 Assistance Requested

Posted by Ambience 327 on 20 April 2009 - 09:52 AM in Modifications

I've modded ten or so Mavericks in my time thus far, and I've had relatively few problems - and none that I haven't been able to deal with - until now. I'm working on one for my nephew right now. He's had it for a while, and it seems to have developed an issue where the trigger will stick half-way through a pull. Pulling really hard will sometimes work correctly, but sometimes will skip back along the rotation to the previous barrel instead. I've opened the blaster up and nothing looks out of sorts (and the blaster had never been previously opened or modded in any way). I just can't quite figure out what the issue is. Also, it seems to stick more if the blaster is held perfectly upright or tilted to the left, and less if it is tilted to the right a bit. It also occurs more frequenly if the trigger is pulled rapidly rather than squeezed gently.

I've searched both here and at NHQ, and I can't seem to find any evidence of other people having this problem, but I thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone had any practical experience on this.

#224706 Assistance Requested

Posted by Ambience 327 on 21 April 2009 - 08:20 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the input guys. When I have a chance, I'll do a complete strip-down and reassembly to see if that has any effect. If not, I might just take Draconis up on his offer.

Unless anyone has some amazing insight that has not been shared yet, I consider this topic closed.

#157451 At2k Peg/air Restrictor Removal?

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 May 2008 - 06:55 AM in Modifications

I don't mod my guns for extreme ranges, because we play indoors at a church, so high-powered guns are just not going to fly. I can tell you, since this is exactly what I have done to my AT2K, that drilling out the AR & peg will get you much more range than the stock gun is capable of. Here's what I did:

1) Take the gun apart (including breaking/cutting off that stupid ring on the front of the pump housing)

2) Remove the turret assembly.

3) Remove the barrels. (You may have trouble with this. Three of my barrels came out with little work, while the fourth wouldn't budge no matter what I did. More on how to deal with this in a moment)

4) Remove the AR's & springs from the barrels.

5) Drill out the barrel peg and the AR stop (the thing that holds the peg and keeps the AR in position), using the drill to make the entire rear area of the barrel smooth. (A nice wood bit is great for this - drill from the rear end of the barrel to make things easier!)

6) Reassemble and enjoy ranges of 40'-50' flat with no other work!

Now, if you have the same problem I did with one or more barrels not wanting to come out, here's what you do:

1) Lodge a thin piece of scrap wood between the two halves of the turret assembly (so you don't mess up the area where the seal is created).

2) Drill out the peg and AR stop from the front. This will take longer than the previous barrels, as you have to chew through the peg, and the AR & spring will also slow things down. Be careful not to let things get too hot, as you don't want melted plastic gumming up the works.

#153998 Attention Newbies

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 April 2008 - 11:38 AM in Off Topic

Actually, I believe the M16 and the Barrett were both done by the same guy. (xNFx 37)

Just, you know, paying attention to the details. B)

#276789 Autobow Mk Ii

Posted by Ambience 327 on 04 June 2010 - 07:59 AM in Homemades

I don't get the point of this or any the rest of your homemades. I doubt the accuracy of this thing is all that great, the ranges suck, and it looks like shit. I can't see how this would be very useful in a war.

That is because you don't understand Kane's mentality. He isn't all about "my gun is the farthest-firing, most accurate, highest-ROF piece of equipment on the field". From what I've seen (both from his mods and by squaring off against him on the field of foamy battle), he's more about "hey, this looks neat, is great fun to play with, and/or was an interesting challenge to build." We would all probably have a lot more fun if more of us thought like that.

Kane - this thing is sweet. I'd love to see how ridiculous it would be with a full drum-mag. I hope to get a chance to face off against it some time soon. (Any chance of you making it down to my war on the 19th (hint hint, nudge nudge) :blush:

#184269 Automatic Tommy Twenty Help

Posted by Ambience 327 on 17 October 2008 - 08:33 AM in Modifications

Umm...look at the pics. It is covered in dirt, scratches and scuffs. Nobody is going to believe that thing was purchased yesterday and returned because it didn't work out of the box. It has obviously seen some heavy use.

Blue - your best bet is to open it up and see if there is a loose spring or a broken casing in there that is supposed to keep those connections touching.

#180624 Avatars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 September 2008 - 12:04 PM in Site Feedback

Well, my respect for one Mr. VACC just went up another notch. (Even if you don't like CP - the fact that you recognize him is good enough for me. Most people I talk to respond with things like "You mean Captain Planet?")

#180637 Avatars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 September 2008 - 01:35 PM in Site Feedback

My parents claim to have video footage of myself in my captain power vest with my captain power standard issue firearm, expounding upon the principles of the captain power doctrine. Their threats are empty. They're just jealous. Everybody is. I was fucking adorable.

VACC

LOL - I had a fair-sized collection of the action figures and ships - not to mention the majority of the episodes on VHS tape. I used to spend hours in front of the TV with my Powerjet or Phantom Striker (sometimes alone, sometimes with one of my brothers or cousins) blasting away at the targets on the Biomechs, Biodreads, etc. Now, as a grown-up, I get to relive some of that as I've re-collected a lot of things using EBay, and gotten my hands on a semi-authorized DVD collection of the complete series. (If anyone wants info on this, shoot me a PM.) Unfortunately, the light-gun aspects of the toys don't work with my LCD TV, so I'd have to hook my DVD player up to my little 13" CRT if I wanted to re-live the battles of my youth.

In closing, let me just say...

...POWER ON! -_-

#180611 Avatars

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 September 2008 - 11:23 AM in Site Feedback

It isn't important or anything, but if possible I would like to have this:

Posted Image

as my avatar. It's just a way to be uniquely identified (so everyone can ridicule me with reckless abandon without checking to make sure they aren't slamming on the wrong guy), and to show my age and love of obscure, 80's sci-fi children's television. -_-

If I don't get it, I won't cry. I'll just keep being a purple haze and go on about my business. But c'mon now VACC, you realised your dream of being close to Ice - can't I have a bit of fun too?

OT & OOC - Anyone recognize the guy?

#310954 Avatars in the next version of IPB

Posted by Ambience 327 on 09 February 2012 - 10:20 AM in Site Feedback

As with any freedom you allow, some people will abuse it, but that just gives Vacc more reasons to exercise his ban-hammer arm, and we all know how much enjoyment he gets from that, so why deny him the pleasure?

In all seriousness, I greatly prefer when everyone has unique avatars, as it makes it easier for my addled mind to keep up with who is talking without all that necessary "reading the name of the poster" malarkey, so I am all for custom avatars as that makes it easier for everyone to be a unique snowflake. :lol:

#261826 Back To Basics - Stock Ammo War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 14 January 2010 - 04:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to throw in my name as a Maybe here. If Cataclysm gets moved to a date that works for me, I'll be going to that, and I can't afford two trips to Chi-town right now. If Cataclysm is a no-go, then I'll make an effort to get to this one instead (assuming my wife doesn't decide to go into labor early or anything silly like that.)

#263092 Back To Basics - Stock Ammo War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 25 January 2010 - 10:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Tack darts aren't going to be allowed at any war run by anyone with even half a brain. This war in particular though is for stock darts only - any modification to a dart would render it ineligible. (i.e. adding a weight, changing the tip, using hot glue on it, etc)

I would venture to guess, however, that cutting a short length of foam off of the tail end of your dart to prevent jams in Mavs & Fireflies would be ok? I only mention this as this is something I do, and I am considering attending this war - so I want to be completely sure...

#265878 Back To Basics - Stock Ammo War

Posted by Ambience 327 on 18 February 2010 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Just thought I'd post here to say that I'm a no for this one - because I'm pretty much set on being at Cataclysm and 2 weekends in a row isn't going to fly with the wife. :)

#153991 Barret .50 Cal Idea

Posted by Ambience 327 on 30 April 2008 - 10:39 AM in Modifications

Trevor - does that mean you're going to go through with that mod, rather than just telling us what would look good? B)

#284571 Barricade Rev-10

Posted by Ambience 327 on 02 September 2010 - 08:58 AM in General Nerf

Around where I live we have a ton of indoor wars, flywheel guns suck balls in an indoor war, period. They are loud, and when you are confined to a tight space quiet is key. Not to mention their jamming problems.

In many cases, I agree with you. However, I have been in a number of situations (usually specific gametypes) where the enemy is quite well aware of where you are. In those cases, I have successfully used a Mech Tommy 20 to great effect, mainly due to its great ROF. Since they are between a single-shot and an automatic, the semi-auto flywheel blasters have a niche all their own if their poor range is not an issue (as happens frequently indoors). You can quickly squeeze off several rounds without firing off your whole load like an automatic. The RF20 is similarly capable, but requires more time to reload/reprime since you have to pump it up.

Of course, if someone did manage to mod a blaster like this so that the flywheels spin up almost instantly with a momentary switch, it would be that much better.

#169376 Bbbb Quad Barrel

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 August 2008 - 09:19 AM in Modifications

Wouldn't putting four small stefans into one barrel do the same thing? It works great on my Big Bad Bow.

That would considered shot gunning, which is generally extremely erotic at major nerf wars. However, multibarrels are not. Well done sir.

Having never been to a major war - I'm curious about this. Are you saying that only powerful guns being shotgunned in this fashion are extremely erotic, or any gun? For example, FA's Longshot mods are capable of loading multiple darts for a shotgun effect - would that be extremely erotic - or just a shotgunned Big Blast/Titan/etc?

If the Longshot would indeed be extremely erotic, what is the reasoning for that?

#169423 Bbbb Quad Barrel

Posted by Ambience 327 on 15 August 2008 - 11:51 AM in Modifications

If that is so, my question is why? Is there something inherently dangerous in doing this that I'm not seeing? I shotgun-load a few things in my arsenal (mainly blowguns and airguns) and they fire with less power than a normal load, and with only a small spread. I can't see this being dangerous or overly advantageous - at least not any more so than something loaded down with multiple barrels.

So I ask again - if shotgun loading is the no-no - why?