NinjaBob's Content

There have been 64 items by NinjaBob (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#15048 Your Set

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I was useing a MS2K with single barreled SS1, but it proved to be far to unreliable. I'm now working my 1 of a kind modded 5k.

#17976 What Kinda Clips?

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 09:59 PM in Homemades

A 9/19 brass barrel with a slot cut in it, and a 5/8 piece of brass to go over the slot after the darts been inserted. Simple, huh?

#16977 What Gun Is This?

Posted by NinjaBob on 24 January 2004 - 01:50 AM in General Nerf

I've got NC down loaded and I couldn't find anything matching your discription. It must be an off brand.

#16827 What Else Is There Besides Fishing Weights

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 January 2004 - 04:45 PM in General Nerf

BBs, or tacks.

#13550 Valve Blown

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 December 2003 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Are you kidding me? Have you really messed up your 5k already? The most likely possibility is that the valve is just misaligned if you didn't hear a loud "Pop". How many times did you pump it? Did it start to leak before you fired it. Like a slow leak, and then after you fired it, it just got worse? And do you think it was damaged before you got it, because if so I will complain to the guy that sent it.

#16038 Tracer Dart

Posted by NinjaBob on 09 January 2004 - 07:03 AM in Modifications

Did you use any other weight in the stefens other than the airsoft bb?

#14068 The Original Mod.

Posted by NinjaBob on 11 December 2003 - 07:20 AM in Modifications

I stated this on NHQ, but I still don't see how it gets ranges like your describing. You can't be measuring something right. The RF20's barrels aren't even that good, so I can't see it getting 60 with a perfect seal. It just sounds to me like your coming up with answers as you go along, to make it sound better than it is. I'm not saying your lying it just sounds "embellished". I like the idea, and I've thought about similar things myself. I'm currently working on using fast blast barrels, and 2k rotating barrels to do similar things. I really am not saying this in a harsh manner. I'm just saying what things are coming off as to me.

#15755 Tech Target Nested Brass By Ragornocks

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 January 2004 - 05:47 AM in Modifications

Very cool Raggs, congrats.

#18385 Swat Homemade

Posted by NinjaBob on 07 February 2004 - 12:44 AM in Homemades

Why is the "scope" so far up about the barrel. Unless recalibrate for each shot it to consider in range this it won't be at all accurate. All though I'd imagine that would be very hard to do given the type of scope it is. Over all it looks like a nice home made, but with a few minor flaws that could easily be over looked if the range is good enough. Even so, some better pics would be nice.

#7502 Stefans Weights

Posted by NinjaBob on 30 July 2003 - 01:33 AM in General Nerf

I don't remember exactly what they were called, but they were pellets of some sort. I think they were BB pellets. They were shaped like this:

-----
| |
| |
| |

They worked more efficent than the other stuff I tried.

Damnit, it didn't come out right when I posted it. I'm going to buy some more soon, so I'll get a pic.

Strangly enough there called pellets, they are shot from pellet guns.

#15565 Sm 5000 Help

Posted by NinjaBob on 03 January 2004 - 05:06 AM in Modifications

neg. epoxy, plumbers goop, glue etc. is all unsuitable for this job. hose clamp, go buy a hose clamp for vinyl tubing, you'll find it right next to the vinyl tubing. it's a little metal band that clicks tight with a screwdriver.

How does that work for thinner tubing that goes inside the hole not over it?

#15147 Sm 1500

Posted by NinjaBob on 27 December 2003 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

I wasn't dissing shit. I just don't like the idea of a single barreled 1500. It's completely impractical for my needs, and it would be a gun I would not used as opposed to if it was multi barreled. So that's why I said in MY mind. I didn't like you gun, it's not like I kicked you in your balls. Although if you want that can be arranged. Now I'm sure your a very skilled modifier, and I'm sure you have plenty of experience. But don't post something if you don't want people to reply positively and/or negatively.

#15117 Sm 1500

Posted by NinjaBob on 27 December 2003 - 02:41 AM in Modifications

In my mind you ruined that gun.

#14660 Self-styled Enforcers, Apologists, And Haters

Posted by NinjaBob on 19 December 2003 - 02:00 AM in Site Feedback

I've been a member of this site for quiet a while. I didn't post for a very long time because most of the time the quality of the conversation wasn't the best. I read almost everything relevant, but I saw no reason to post. I have been a very active member on NHQ for about six months because it didn't have the kind of things your talking about. I've recently seen a change here, and it seems to be for the better.

#17817 Scope

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 February 2004 - 01:22 AM in Homemades

Something I've found that I really like is fiber optic sights. They work just like a normal site on a rifle but they come in neon colors making them a lot easier to use when on the move. You can buy ones that go on bows and mount them on your gun. That might be what you need Langley.

#16541 Rapid Fire 2000, Or Airtech 20?

Posted by NinjaBob on 17 January 2004 - 12:44 AM in Modifications

It sounds to me like your loosing range and dependability in favor of loosing 1 or 2 pumps. It only takes me a split second to pump a 2k 3 or 4 times. The only thing that slows me down is showing a dart into the barrel after each shot. Not the 3 seconds it takes me to pump the gun.

#16610 Pvc Pipes

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 03:28 AM in Homemades

I think CPVC has an ID of somewhere between 3/8, and 7/16 but I know its not exactly 1/2. It usually has a slightly tighter fit than what is ideal, but as always, it just depends on your foam.

#15158 Ps2 For $20

Posted by NinjaBob on 27 December 2003 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

Look at me! I'm a real lucky SOB... sort of. I was at a flee market today, and guess what I saw for $20? Give up? It was a playstation 2. I asked the guy if it worked he said "mostly, it probably needs the lens cleaned," I checked the light came on every and thing. I knew that didn't necessarily mean it worked, but I figured it was worth a shot. Anyway, I took it to a friends tested it, it worked so I take it home. I hook it up, BAM! It won't read the disk. I try inserting a lens cleaning disk, but that doesn't work either. I pop off the top. (found out it was missing a screw, some other dumb ass must have opened it too). I clean the lens with a Q-tip and lens cleaner. Blow out some dust. Put it back together and now it won't power on. Can anyone give me some help?

#16839 Parents ? Nerf

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 January 2004 - 07:05 PM in General Nerf

Where are the cops from. Because he might just get shot around here looking like that.

#18205 Nite Finder Mods

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

Brass with out a doubt in my mind. PETG and brass get about the same range, but the ROF is better with brass do to the fact the darts fit in it better.

#15760 Next Nerf Series?

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 January 2004 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

I would really love to see any sort of an arrow shooting gun to emerge because we all know most guns originally made with shooting arrows (or other large projectile) in mind are good. Case in point, maxshot, crossbow, BBB, Arrowstorm, sm5k.

#18293 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

[quote name='THIRST' date='Feb 2 2004, 12:19 PM'] [QUOTE]Since cpvc is a very tight fit, it works mucht the same way, except without getting bigegr, which is whyit is also a very good choice on guns such as a TTG or an NF. [/quote]
Oh, see that confused me. :rolleyes:

#18001 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

For most people if they push they're darts all the way down a CPVC barrel provides to much friction, you probably won't gain 10 feet from a 2 inch dart pressed down a 4 inch CPVC barrel. Chances are you'll lose 2 or 3 than with a dart blown back in brass or if the dart was just in the end of the CPVC.

#18206 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 01:53 PM in Modifications

For most people if they push they're darts all the way down a CPVC barrel provides to much friction

Actually, you jsut have to find out which size cpvc is the best. For spring pistols, dont go over 6 inches. Depending on the power of the gun, and the type(air,spring...) you change the barrel length.

you probably won't gain 10 feet from a 2 inch dart pressed down a 4 inch CPVC barrel. Chances are you'll lose 2 or 3 than with a dart blown back in brass or if the dart was just in the end of the CPVC.

I had a 4 inch barrel on my tt, I gained 10 feet by rammming, and greatly reduced the velocity and accuracy of the dart.

Once, my brother just rammed a 7 inch cpvc barrel into his tt, with air restrictor in, no mods, shot, and he got the same ranges of a brass mod. Strange, how it was completely unmodded. Now imagine a 7 inch cpvc breech loader in a modded TTG...

THIRST

No.. Just no. I really don't think your right. That simply makes no sense.

#18289 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

Ok, well that does make more sense, but I still believe it to be untrue (regarding most all of your post, but most notably the thing with your brother and the 7 in. CPVC barrel). The only plausible way that I can think of as to what your saying could be true is this. Your foam fits perfectly into CPVC and it's very loose in brass. Or your brother must have had some insane amount of rubber bands and a very strong new spring added to the TTG. Even in both cases 7 inches is too long for the TTG, I'll give you it's a very powerful gun. But it has a small plunger tube. And if a darts has to travel through 7 inches of barrel that's as tight as CPVC is on most darts then it would have started to slow down in speed by the time it reaches the end of the barrel. Hell I'm surprised the dart left your brothers barrel. So now I ask you this, are you lying, mistaking, or just ignorant?

#17746 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 31 January 2004 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Personaly I thought that the NF didn't need a holster, but that one is nice. I use just my pockets. Now I do have a cut down .45 holster that I used for my SF that I liked.

#17804 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 February 2004 - 12:32 AM in Modifications

Both my NF's have their cases cut down greatly. I got rid of all the air restricters and instead duct taped a 3/4 to 1/2 inch reducer to the plunger tube. Then I put 4 inches of brass (9/16 with 1/2 of 17/32 to keep the dart from getting sucked into the plunger tube.) into 4 inches of PVC. I don't breach so I taped it all together. I'm getting 55-60 with both of them.

#18299 New Nite Finder Mod And Holster

Posted by NinjaBob on 05 February 2004 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

Well, its kinda strange, Ive got many places to egt my fbr from, and when Im near one of the places, I jsut stop in, and pick up some parts if im in need.  Each store carries the same brand fbr, but each stores 1/2 fbr is all slightly different, for example:

My home depot has very fbr.
My localhardware store has very thick fbr.
And then theres another hardware store that carries medium...

So really, It depends on the darts you use.  Ivenever tried the thick kind, only the medium and small.  Small gave best results btw.

THIRST

Sure :rolleyes:

#17897 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 01:01 AM in Off Topic

Well if anyone wants the site, I have almost (I say almost because theirs a small posibility I've missed something) the entire site downloaded onto my hard drive. If anyone wants it let me know.

#17971 Nerfcenter, I Need Help

Posted by NinjaBob on 02 February 2004 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

I'm waiting for a reply from an email to Andy before I send out any more copies of the NC site, sorry. If he gives me the go ahead then no problem other wise sorry. After all it is his content.

#16651 Nerf Rad Teams

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

:rolleyes: I never said that losers didn't exsist in other countrys. I can't very well say that sharp shoots in the US civil war led to the divelopement of losers in other countrys now can I?

#16562 Nerf Rad Teams

Posted by NinjaBob on 17 January 2004 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

You know, I never thought about it. But yeah, civil war tactics would work really well. The South first started using concealed sharp shooters in the civil war. From that came the modern American losers.What can I say? I'm a proud rebel. And remember kiddies, it's heritage, not hate. ;)

#8578 Nerf Is In Danger!

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 August 2003 - 08:45 PM in General Nerf

Nef is far from dead. It's that simple.

#15395 My New Modded At3k

Posted by NinjaBob on 01 January 2004 - 10:54 AM in Modifications

Your simply not understanding are you? You may have a flux in range, 4 feet more or less here or there. That doesn't matter if your spending 20 minuets reloading that thing. Also, if you wanted to do a tank expansion. Why didn't you do a reasonable sized one? I mean how the hell long is that thing again? Think of the air like water. You fill all that space up with water. You pull the trigger, it opens the valve, the water is now excepting. The pressure pushes the dart out of the barrel, that is what you wanted. Now what good is it if after that happens, water is still coming out of the barrel?

#15045 My New Modded At3k

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

Well, your either going to get the same results and need to pump more, or get worse results.

Why cant I get better results. Why does it always have to be worse. It could be better. :) this morning I tested how many pumps it took to fill up the tank and it took about 6.

Your crazy. Six pumps would never fill a piece of PVC that size. At least not with a stock pump. Are you sure you have air going into that tank? If you didn't punch a whole in that rubber piece in the goo meter then you wouldn't be getting air into the PVC.

#15043 My New Modded At3k

Posted by NinjaBob on 25 December 2003 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Well, you might want to replay that pump with a larger one to compensate. I think you have a good idea, but I think you went over bored with the size. Also, one of your barrels is bent.

#297300 Metal mayham

Posted by NinjaBob on 19 April 2011 - 08:02 AM in Off Topic

Hey folks. I kinda grew up on message boards. I spent a lot of time here and enjoyed the community (Props to the 'bama folks). Since then though I don't get to nerf much these days. I've become a metal worker, bladesmith and blacksmith. It's a lot of work but I really, really love it. I want to further my training, but for that I need a bit of notoriety. I hate to beg but I want each and every member here to <removed douchery> and just let me know what you think of my work. I hate the new site and miss all the great mods on the main page! I know you like to play it cranky CX bud but I hope you don't mind the shameless self promotion; I have a real passion for what I do and a lot of that comes from the creativity I learned in great communities like this.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for taking a look guys n' gals

#8576 Max Shot Mod

Posted by NinjaBob on 21 August 2003 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

I've done this mode already to my maxshot, but I haven't been getting great ranges, what is the average with a 6in. cpvc barrel?

#16609 Lanard Copying Nerf?

Posted by NinjaBob on 18 January 2004 - 03:23 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image Is this what your talking about? If so its the Maximizer made by Matel (before it owned nerf I beleive)

#16048 Jet Squadron

Posted by NinjaBob on 09 January 2004 - 01:09 PM in General Nerf

I really don't recomend the Cyclotron. If I were you, I'd just stick it out until the release of nerfs 04 line.