Pineapplepies's Content

There have been 132 items by Pineapplepies (Search limited from 30-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#349232 ZombieStrike Stormfire Plunger Replacement

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 October 2015 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

Looks pretty neat, although you could use a pvc tee, small piece of pvc and a end cap to make a handle if you want to make it like a rifle.

#349192 Why is this wiki so strict?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 19 October 2015 - 12:11 PM in Site Feedback

I don't know if this has been asked, but I want to know why this wiki is so strict on posting, trading, and in general? Along with that, why is there a post limit, couldn't you just simply have a spam cooldown where it would stop you from spamming? Please give your input if you agree that this wiki is a little strict, and I would like to put out there if I end up being banned for this post, you are just proving my point. (Also please tell me if I am doing anything wrong)

#358489 What would be the best way to mod a nert dart?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 10 March 2017 - 12:55 PM in Darts and Barrels

I have been looking around for the best way to mod a nerf dart but are not sure which is the best.What way do you mod your darts?Or what is the best 3rd party darts to buy?

ACCurate darts are great, but I would just get bulleyes/precut or cutdown ACCs otherwise known as artifact darts. That would be for springers, for all around I would get the waffle darts, and for flywheels you will want Koosh darts. If you want slug type darts SCS work too, in link above, and the full length ones are accurate and my second choice for springers.

As for modding darts, putting straws in them, and cutting off the tip in elites and streamlines and making a glue dome are good ways to mod the darts to make them more accurate.

#353477 What Trustfires to get?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 May 2016 - 10:03 AM in General Nerf

Don't let the voltage drop too low (use a voltage meter or alarm)
Don't over-charge (i.e. raise the voltage too high)
Don't short the battery...always try your blaster with regular batteries and see if they get warm before you ever connect your LiPo. Relatedly, make sure all connections are well-insulated and secure. You don't want a short to happen during play.
Store LiPos in a cool, dry environment at a proper storage voltage. While in storage frequently check the individual cell voltage; they should be the same (aka balanced). Also look for any signs of the pack swelling.
Make sure the pack doesn't get punctured or squeezed in the blaster (or otherwise)
Use a proper charger (balance charger) and again make sure the cell voltages are all the same after charging/discharging.
Never leave a LiPo to charge unattended. Preferably do it away from flammable objects, and put the LiPo in a charging bag (which will prevent the spread of fire).
Go on an R/C site or something and read even more Do's and Don'ts.

By most accounts modern LiPos are more stable/safer than older ones but they still require care to prevent injuring yourself and others, or burning down your house.

Sounds a lot easier than I thought it would be and also when you say make sure to check the individual cells how would one do that is there some sort of device you need to check it or do you mean just charge it to a certain level?
Edit:have no idea if this a stupid question or not but just don't know much about lipos but for the most part here how good they are and how you should use them over all other battery types

#353415 What Trustfires to get?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 12 May 2016 - 10:02 AM in General Nerf

But only get LiPo if you know how to care for them properly.

Heh heh that was my post you linked and since that post was "dead" I have been looking into rewiring my demolisher for a lipo and hear a lot of this. What does everyone mean by care for them properly besides just common sense? That honestly is the one reason why I haven't rewired yet since I have been worried that you need some crazy discharging method for lipos otherwise it will blow up in your face.

#352175 What is this nerf gun?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 13 March 2016 - 12:22 PM in General Nerf

These types of blasters seem to be the #1 unknown blaster. If I remember, it is called the EZ squeeze 6 and multiple people have videos asking what these are. I don't think there is a lot on it so there is only so much people can tell you about this, but I would try to lean towards not breaking it since it seems semi rare

#351096 Weird Rapidfire 20 knockoff abomination thing

Posted by Pineapplepies on 24 January 2016 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

So I just surfing the web for nerf guns, and eventually found this. http://www.alibaba.c...858.35.1.r7NooU
Now at first I thought WHAT THE HECK IS THIS(which anyone would due to how weird this looks), but then I decided I may as well ask if anyone has any info on these type of knockoffs and wether or not I should try one out.

#349827 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 12:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

Anyone use 3rd generation Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike? I noticed every 6 or so shot out of the my Rapidstrike tend to twirl, spin out, or helicopter.

Anyone else observe this and if so, do you know what the cause is and how to fix it? I wonder if removing the skirt might help?

There is a way to remove the skirt, and although it may not help, I would still do this anyway since removing the skirt lowers the chance jamming by a lot. What you need to do is open up the jam door without a clip in(make sure there is no way the flywheels can activate) and stick you finger in the part where the darts enter into the flywheels. Then bend your finger down and around and then yank it out. If it does not work try getting at it in a different way or use really long needle nose pliers

#349830 Using Gen 3 Koosh darts in a Rapidstrike

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 December 2015 - 02:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking into transitioning to using a Stryfe, but I will probably remove the skirt to see if that fixes the problem. I question whether it will, because I understand that skirt helps center the dart before going through the flywheels and I imagine the spinning out is due to some darts existing the flywheels off center (just a theory).

Also, I never have jamming issues (although I'm just running 6 NiMH cells).

I didn't know that the skirt did that, since it didn't do anything wrong to my freind's Demolisher when I took off the skirt because would not stop jamming.

#352837 Unknown air blaster

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 April 2016 - 09:00 AM in General Nerf

It's a clone of the Supermaxx Buzzer air bazooka. Utter garbage, sadly. I modded one before and it sucked. Not worth the time.

Hmm, then it seems that this blaster a air zone/stats blast air bazooka which was a clone of the Supermaxx buzzer air bazooka as said here(at the very top of page is were it says that the clone was the air zone air bazooka but unlucky no separate page since it seems this is semi-hard to find or just no one bought it)http://nerfpedialega...iki/Air_Bazooka

#350832 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

No matter what, a full rewire (or even full internal upgrade including microswitches and a lipo connector) will be complimentary or even required.

Ok, but the only problem is that I don't know where to get the wire for rewiring my Demolisher. I also have not attempted anything like that so if you can tell me where I can find a tutorial on how to rewire and remove locks like the thermoresister that would be great since I don't want to end up blowing my self up when I severe the wrong wire.

#350806 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 16 January 2016 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

So some of you may or may not of seen the topic that I posted about my Demolisher not reving as a result of putting trustfires in with regular double A's, and in the end I am forced to buy new batteries. I am wondering, for anyone who uses double A replacement batteries, what would you recommend:Trustfire or ultrafire or IMR? Along with that, does it matter if they are protected? And finally, what charger would you recommend for your favored battery?

#350830 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:33 PM in Modifications

Is this a normal unmodded demolisher, or doesn't have just basic mods (lock removal, etc)?
Mixing batteryou brands and types is never good, mixing trustfire and generic AA could have damaged your motors.
So the question is, does it still rev if you use just generic AA batteries?

Yeah, I know it is not good to mix batteries, I already had a topic about that. Also, Yes, it does still work just fine.

#350860 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 18 January 2016 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

Good demolisher rewire tutorial: https://www.youtube....h?v=fsj_G2gGxoc

Never rewire while a battery is attached. Follow that rule, and cuttin g a wire will never result in things blowing up.

After a rewire, always test with normal AA batteries first. If they heat up or act weird, you have a short (which would be bad with the various lithium batteries). If everything seems good, then put in your NiMH'lithium/whatever batteries.

"protected" trustfires

Wait so should I not be using the trustfires, or was that just a result of overcharging which is something I am in fact aware of.

#350831 Trustfires or Ultrafires or IMR?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 17 January 2016 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

IMRs are good. If used with stock motors use no more than two. Use "dummy batteries" like these, not more AA batteries to fill the other spots.

NIMH  rechargeables like Eneloops are also good. With stock motors you can use four.

Trustfires and Ultrafires are horrible and may explode on you and/or burn your house down.

Well why do you think I got the protected ones? Along with that, could you link a charger for the IMR's if there is any?

#349569 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

So I have those protected trust fires from Amazon, and have been running them in my Demolisher with regular aa battery's. So I am in a war and my I try to rev up the gun and but instead of working it starts to increase in sound then weakens in power untill it stops(how it sounds:vvvrrrroooooMMMMMvvvvvvv) Does anyone know what is wrong, I need it soon for another war so please respond as soon as possible.

#349809 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 December 2015 - 02:41 PM in Modifications

I won't repeat what others have said about mixing chemistries, but I am going to ask:

Is the demolisher stock?  You may be tripping the PPTC (thermistor) in the blaster if you didn't remove it.

It is completely stock, nothing done to it except the batteries have been changed. It also has only 2 trustfires, and 2 alkalines, since the PPTC was tripping with three trustfires and one dummy.

#349808 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 December 2015 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Have you tried running the gun with regular batteries since then its possible you burned out the motors its a problem that eventually occurs when you overvolt them.

Yes I have, it is not broken, it seems some of the batteries are.

#349574 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:07 PM in Modifications

Yes, I am, and before anyone says anything it should be fine to do this, since I have used it a lot and nothing has happened.

#349577 Trustfire problems

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

If you think that may be it, then I have ordered dummy batteries and the problem may be solved. If anyone has any idea if the trust fires with regular batteries may be it, then tell me please.

#351031 Tek 6 spring fitting in nerf guns?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 January 2016 - 12:59 PM in Modifications

I would like to start by saying that I only have so much time to wait for a response, but wanted to ask if anyone knows the nerf guns that the spring of a tek 6 can be switched out for BESIDES the snapfire. I am looking to boost the preformence of one of my guns, and the spring of a tek 6 is actually kind of powerful.

#356671 Tactical vest??!?!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 07 November 2016 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

So as you can probaly tell by the title I am wondering about tactical vests for nerf. In particular does anyone know if this would work for 18 round nerf mags?(And quite possiblely 20 round buzz bee mags) https://www.amazon.c...oding=UTF8&th=1

I need some form of rig for hvz/wars so any suggestions I could get for holding many mags would be much appreciated. If someone knows another way of going about this which would be relatively inexpensive that would be great too.

#359117 Spring issues

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 April 2017 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Okay, it's been a while.
While my limited access to the site has been a drawback, it has t stopped me from participating in the hobby!
I recently got hold of an old BuzzBee tek6, and I really liked the spring in it as opposed to the one in my EAT. While it fits nicely, I ran into some mechanical drawbacks.
The spring is a little short.
We all know very well that dead space is bad (cough cough reverse plunger)
But the spring is more than dead space. I'm only getting 5/8 of the power I can get out of it, and it seems to be grinding against my plunger rod a little bit too.
I need to make a spacer piece somehow, can somebody point me in the right direction?
I don't feel like buying a new spring, and that's not gonna happen for a while.

Do you have a dremel or any sort of tools? I would recommend just making a spacer like you said, I mean you could just find multiple circle shaped objects and glue them together. I believe unlike what slug said you could actually do it without buying a spring, it may be slightly homemade though.

#351975 So I was looking around...

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 March 2016 - 10:20 AM in Darts and Barrels

And I found this:
https://my.carousell.com/p/37030553
They are marketed as ACC V2 Prototype darts. Does anyone know if they're good? I may have to do some investigation.

Edit: Another link
https://sg.carousell.com/p/38162373

Yea do some research and see if they can be bought for cheaper. As someone who has ACCs, these look like they are going to solve all issues with the original black darts. I am going to also say if these happen to live up to the claims of not being black, having a longer stem, and can be fired out of flywheels then I will say these will hands down be one of the best darts on the market

#359171 Simple Longshot mod?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 11 April 2017 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

I'm surprised it's that slow, I was going to get the 8 kg spring, but now you have me wondering. Maybe 80-90 is the fastest anything can so with the AR intact? Don't get me wrong, that's about what I was looking for anyway, it just seems lower than I would have guessed.

No, but it depends how far you want to go, I have modded one long shot before and actually I would reccomend just buying and using a [k25] because it has more potential, plus you get five LONG springs for 12.15 plus shipping. The only problem is the fact that it is slightly hard to prime, I would recommend getting a pumpgrip if you wanted to go a step further and get a [k26] to work, but the max and strongest spring the longshot can handle is a [k25].

#359506 Similar design, but NEW DARTS

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 April 2017 - 11:47 AM in Darts and Barrels

I think it's going to come down to simple testing.

I'm curious as to how these would do in flywheel blasters.

Yeah I may get these, anyone else feel free to get them too, anyone know if these have been mentioned before or am I the first?

#359501 Similar design, but NEW DARTS

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 April 2017 - 10:42 AM in Darts and Barrels

Same tip geometry as waffles, but might have more give on impact.

So does that translate into working better or worse for accuracy and fps? My guess is maybe actually worse because of the gaping and un-even hole in the tip, I don't know any physics yet though but im guessing you do slug

#359499 Similar design, but NEW DARTS

Posted by Pineapplepies on 27 April 2017 - 10:02 AM in Darts and Barrels

http://www.ebay.com/...sd=152489835687

Found these, wondering if these basically are the same as X-Waffles because those are good darts, but these are cheaper and maybe even a better dart.

Edit: they come in many colors, and i would think they would preform the same but want to know if anyone has these already

#349356 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 29 October 2015 - 03:41 PM in General Nerf

So I was browsing ebay again since why not, and stumbled upon yet another worker thing that looks promising. Link
Reason why I bring this up is because I am wondering if this should be bought, since this could possibly make re-barreling a mega gun very easy and would be a very good for a noob at modding.

#349905 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 08 December 2015 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

If you don't care about being shamed by the nerf modder masterrace i think it is a definitely good purchase.   

People can call me a newB for this but who cares: I bought the rebarreling kit from worker and pushed them into a cycloneshock, BOOM! instant gratification my cycloneshock now shoots koosh darts as accurately and as far as most modified springers and the "mod" only took about 16 seconds.  

Thank you, that answers my question about knock off darts. I just had that feeling during bobololo's review that the horrible accuracy was due to the flaw in elites, and sure enough I was correct!

#349575 Second new worker thing that I have found on ebay

Posted by Pineapplepies on 22 November 2015 - 06:09 PM in General Nerf

Bobololo has a review of the cyclone shock set on eBay and walcom27 has the rotofury set reviewed as well. Might help you make a decision.

Thank you for telling me, those videos are great but still didn't answer the one thing both of them forgot to test. That thing is if it works better with Fvjs and those accurate darts, thank you anyway though.

#349117 RSCB and Koosh Darts?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 15 October 2015 - 01:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

So I searched around and couldn't find anything about this. Some dude on Reddit told me there would be problems. I didn't understand what he meant so if someone could tell me what would happen, it would be nice.

You could always cut down elite darts, since I belive the rubber tips would feed well, but correct me if I am wrong please.

#360370 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 05 June 2017 - 09:37 AM in General Nerf

I have condor mag pouches, they are good for dart mags but if you try to put rival mags in them they fall out when you run. Which, unfortunately, is also the case for the paintball pod holding belt. The elastic bands that retain the pods just aren't set up right to hold rival mags since they're longer but thinner. It will be good for when I get a nemesis and have a use for paintball pods though.

I have a pouch that holds 8 rival magazines but not securely once you remove a few, I think I am stuck with that plus using the clips to attach a couple to the rails on my zeus. I might just sew something myself, or make a duct-tape/cardboard thing.

Well dangit. Yeah, I would do that, however. If you are willing to spend the money, I personally would just ask you try out the fast mag things, and quite frankly, if that works you could have dump pouches, AND then these fast mag things holding extra rounds you can just pull out and shoot the balls into the nemesis with the release all button.

#360311 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 03 June 2017 - 09:47 AM in General Nerf

I am looking for a good way to carry 12 round rival magazine on a battle belt or plate carrier. I don't want to spend $15 on a 3d printed holder for 1-2 mags. I was using these:

https://www.amazon.c...ht holder&psc=1

Which are fine for carrying a few magazines, but I want to carry about a dozen and 12 flashlight holders would use my entire battle belt. What I'm hoping exists is something that will hold 5-6 magazine arranged vertically and only use up 2-3 molle loops. I own a variety of dump pouches/holsters/admin pouches etc and none of them are quite right (they're mostly not tall enough).
  R
What do you guys use to carry rival magazines? I'm open to pretty much any suggestions that will let me carry 10-12 magazines and cost less than $40 total. That can be one big pouch, two small ones, a thigh rig, whatever. I just need it to not take up a ton of real estate since I need to carry other gear as well.

https://www.wish.com...country_code=US

This is exactly what you need, fits your price range, and may be used, HOWEVER. I don't know if it works, all I'm suggesting is you check into these "fast mag" pistol carriers. I know the actual stick mag holsters can get really cheap, and depending on the dimensions of a regular rival magazine as compared to a regular nerf mag, you could potentially just use those. It's up to you, check into the dimensions of the pistol carriers, or go grab a 18 or 12 rounder and see if you could fit rival magazines in that profile.

I would be REALLY eager to know if it works, toadbrew, report back here if it works. Because if so, I think I single handily have found the best option for mag carriers, the 18 stack holders are cheap and good, and if this turns out, then we will have a rival option.

Edit:btw, these are molle compatible, and if anyone knows I WILL HIGHLIGHT THIS HERE BECAUSE I NEED AN IMPORTANT ANSWER. Do anyone know if these holders would work, it says it fits anything from a glock 45 ACP to a 1911

Edit 2:Did some even more research, toad you are lucky, rival 12 mags fit into the dimensions of a 12 mag when put sideways, so remember that discussion the other day about my stuff? Yeah, find cloth 5.56 or 7.62 mag holders, and find a molle vest(if you need I can link you one) and use all of that, I also have a link for a perfect holster that's $15, has storage for 6 of your rival magazines, and is MOLLE compatible on front and back side

Honestly, I am quickly growing to love these fast mag things, they are cheap, useful, can be inverted, and use MOLLE webbing, what more do you need. Now final thing is be warned, I just checked, the width of a rival magazine is too thick to fit into the profile of a regular mag, however that doesn't exactly translate into it not working. You just need to try it out.

#360342 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Pineapplepies on 04 June 2017 - 11:44 AM in General Nerf

Interesting. I ordered a paintball pod holder, if that doesn't work I might try those  next.

Well, i mean if you want more holders, use these, that chest rig i linked the other day is actually only $30 or so if you know where to look, and you can get an even cheaper rig if it's just a vest and not a full on rig.

https://www.amazon.c...uct_top?ie=UTF8

These are the holders you want that i know would work for 6 rival mags.

#358675 Retaliator mods.

Posted by Pineapplepies on 21 March 2017 - 10:27 AM in Modifications

Get a Longshot and carve away the bipod so you can add a pump grip. Use your Stryfe as a sidearm, or run a Hammershot with expanded cylinder. Get a Titan, 4B/UMB/XBZ, drain blaster, or other powerful system and make a Demolisher missile launch tube and a handful of Absolver shells.

How exactly do you make a absolver shell for like the demolisher or in general? I know this may be a stupid question but haven't seen anything on that

#352388 Requesting Site Feedback

Posted by Pineapplepies on 23 March 2016 - 10:36 AM in Site Feedback

[url=https://youtu.be/RL6QLOlr_L8]This thread exists because the moderation staff (me in particular) wanted to clarify some existing misconceptions, and misunderstandings, about NerfHaven's moderation policies as well as ask users for honest feedback about what they like and don't like. Feel free to be totally honest; this is a "safe space," in the sense that no opinions* will cause you to be banned.

I have a few things to say but first I would like to put out there that some of you may remember me posting the topic "why is this wiki(learned it was a forum later on) so strict?" My point in pointing out that I was that person was since I got a lot of responses that in essence told me to first lurk until I wasn't a FNG, and that the strictness is what holds this site together. Secondly, while I won't try to offend Killzone here, but I think the admins should prevent threads like "Merf.co" from being so confusing by either taking it down or editing it. The reason why I think this should be done is since that overall the above thread made no sense whatsoever, and if I was new my reaction to that thread would be to leave the forum.(as a result of it making zero sense and all responses not helping at all.) Finally, this is more of a personal thing but I believe we should have a thread dedicated to semi-tricky mods like rewire/voltage boost guides for flywheels(since I am still working with Trustfires and have no clue how to rewire a nerf gun){side note:someone needs to correct and rework the modification directory}

#348913 [IL] S.C.S.N.W. presents... The Fall of Foam

Posted by Pineapplepies on 30 September 2015 - 11:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I am thinking of attending, and was wondering if you would allow the black body grey tip "accurate" darts and some red body solid plastic tip nerf bullets. I would also like to say that these bullets are not homemade, but the red body plastic tip bullets have a hard tip to them.

#349097 [IL] Halloween Hangover - Chicago!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 14 October 2015 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I am wondering, when you said stock ammo do you mean no fvjs and only elites, or would you allow fvjs and those chunlin "accurate" darts.(I will just bring them if I don't get a response)

#349341 [IL] Halloween Hangover - Chicago!

Posted by Pineapplepies on 28 October 2015 - 07:45 AM in Nerf Wars

So is that a yes or no to China darts?

I think what Snake is saying is bring the China darts and check them in with him to see if we can use them or not. I personally am using them for my Titan(Chunlin darts, which are way softer than FVJ's) and FVJ's for my modded Demolisher and stock Wildfire.