euphemism's Content

There have been 244 items by euphemism (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#89234 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by euphemism on 06 September 2006 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Very very nice, I await the video(s). Nice intel guy too.

#72533 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by euphemism on 06 February 2006 - 06:40 PM in Homemades

Scattergun traditionally means shotgun, I'm not sure whether or not that's what super61 means.

#74330 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by euphemism on 25 February 2006 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

could we possibly put a protective casing on the air bladder of the magstrike cause it looks like the plastic that foot pumps are made out of ?

Seeing as it is to be used as a stock and it is supposed to protect a rather fragile piece of rubber and that hasbro isn't stupid you can bet that it is made of hard plastic.

#74940 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by euphemism on 02 March 2006 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Since the plastic is used to protect the air bladder would that mean that we could replace it?

If by it you mean the plastic then... sure? You could replace it but why? If you mean the bladder then yes you probably can if you can find a better bladder. Since the bladder is outside of the main body of the gun it would be much easier than in a PC or WF/RF20.

#59977 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by euphemism on 23 July 2005 - 12:53 PM in Modifications

http://www.hasbrotoy...2&ID=16521&PG=1
you can get them right from hasbro there
2 guns+gear for 2 people=$40

#54910 Scout Mod!

Posted by euphemism on 15 May 2005 - 09:17 AM in Modifications

there are to things in front of the spring the one that covers the other one is the plunger and the one that gets covered is the barrel
for dremel alternative start out with just a hand drill but once you get to the thing the gets pushed back by the dart it'll just spin so you can't drill through it. when that happened to me I held it still with a straightend paper clip and drilled.

NOTE: make sure the drill bit is a good size so you don't mess up the barrel
good luck

#82271 The "lazy Boy" Nitefinder Mod

Posted by euphemism on 23 May 2006 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

1. The OD of CPVC is too great for this to work with CPVC.
2. It is advisable to avoid posting in topics over a month old unless you have a very significant addition.

#75512 Sledgehammer

Posted by euphemism on 07 March 2006 - 08:42 PM in Homemades

I'm confused about one thing. What is the pump to shot ratio? It seems to be 1:1 and that doesn't seem like it would provide enough air for a decently powered gun.

#55502 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by euphemism on 23 May 2005 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

I like the string cocking idea, I used two use two spring pistols with leather lacing connecting the handles so I would point my arms in opposite directions to cock both.
but anyway I think leather lacing would be good. also I'd drill a hole through each trigger and get two bars (one on each side) with one little connecting bar on each end to go through the triggers
just my 2 cents

and oh yeah, very nice mod

#91251 Firefly Front End Swappable Clip

Posted by euphemism on 04 October 2006 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

A friend of mine and I did a very similar mod a while ago. We did it a little differently, we didn't use the orange bit due to lazyness and also we did some madness with the two clear parts of the turret and some hot glue to prevent the turret from becoming stuck in too hard.

Unfortunately one time when my friend pulled it out of his bag the turret assembly was screwed up.

#94217 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by euphemism on 11 November 2006 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

Just for the sake of argument, you never really see the dart during that entire video. Based on the gun's behavior it is clearly in the barrel when it fires but can anyone here say with confidence that they see a dart on the ground?

#86782 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by euphemism on 08 August 2006 - 10:11 AM in General Nerf

I'd have to say the BlastFire. Since they rereleased the RF20 which is similar to the BlastFire in a way, who knows what could happen.

I think you may mean the wildfire not the blastfire.

Also I agree with nerfmonkey on the old edition NF.

#69014 Silencer Report

Posted by euphemism on 11 December 2005 - 02:18 AM in Darts and Barrels

And it should work as it closely follows the principles of silencers, but I still believe that an open cell foam could be used to greater effect by filling the entire silencing area with it and sealing off both ends. The problem would be finding a good open cell foam tube for it and I have no suggestions for that unfortunately. Anyway, great job on your silencers and use of the scientific method.

#68919 Silencer Report

Posted by euphemism on 08 December 2005 - 09:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

I would suggest trying an open cell foam for maximum absorbtion of air.

And to pissbacon, the holes were drilled in the 1/2" PVC not the 1 1/4" PVC. Just so you know, the barrel portion of real silencers do have holes, but I know you were refering to the shell portion.

#74329 Hasbro Press Release 2-9-06

Posted by euphemism on 25 February 2006 - 10:52 PM in General Nerf

Starbuck the Expand-a-blast had a scope and that sucked

Say what? If you are refering to only a stock EaB then you are, of course, correct. A modded EaB is one of the most powerful spring pistols around. See cxwq's mod for details.

#77149 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by euphemism on 21 March 2006 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

Umm, I'm pretty damn sure that isn't a TTG knockoff. I'm pretty sure that is a TTG. Either that or a serious patent violation. And by patent violation I mean somebody stole the damn molds.

#83398 All I Wanted Was A Pepsi...

Posted by euphemism on 18 June 2006 - 11:48 AM in News

Oh man, I can put away my sunglasses now. Just kidding, but seriously, awesome.

#67786 Firefly Smrf2k

Posted by euphemism on 16 November 2005 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

Actually it's really semi-automatic, as in you can pump it up, pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger...
Amazing mod, rusty.

#95755 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by euphemism on 02 December 2006 - 02:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there if I can get there. Unfortunately I don't know if I can get there and how many I can get with me.

#99248 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by euphemism on 03 February 2007 - 11:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid I must put myself down as a tentative no.

#96962 Google Patent Search!

Posted by euphemism on 23 December 2006 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

Did anyone else notice the dildo is a heated dildo?

#75839 Dart Tag Vests

Posted by euphemism on 11 March 2006 - 05:14 PM in Homemades

That's pretty nice (both of you). What are the boxes in the duct tape vest?

#80104 Nerf Contest!

Posted by euphemism on 16 April 2006 - 12:29 PM in General Nerf

I'd say hasbro did not "mess up", it's just that a ton of kids in eastern and central time zones watch toonami. It is not surprising that 101 of them called before you did. Unless you were sitting in front of your TV with your cordless phone with 1-800 already typed in, you didn't have a chance. As for you pacific guys, I think you got screwed over (I'm not positive on that though).

#58995 Powerclip Homemade Clip

Posted by euphemism on 10 July 2005 - 12:20 AM in Homemades

this thread is kinda old but it's still on page one and I have an important contribution
http://nobel.scas.bc...tic/plastic.htm
that page includes instructions on how to make plastic from milk

#101958 Rifled Barrels

Posted by euphemism on 08 April 2007 - 05:49 PM in Homemades

I have nothing against the principle of rifled nerf barrels but I can tell you right now that those threads are no good for it (the twist rate is far to high). If you feel like taking some measurements and doing a little math then take a look at this formula for figuring out the correct twist rate. Of course figuring this out and applying it are two very different things.

#69358 My Dead Sexy Nitefinder.

Posted by euphemism on 16 December 2005 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

If nothing else your nite finder definitely gets "street cred" as it as an alcoholic and a heroin addict. But the paint job has a somewhat plain design (mostly like colors) but it is well executed. I really can't see where your "unevenly painted" comment is coming from Ninjz.

#150254 East Coast Nerfers, Assemble!

Posted by euphemism on 09 April 2008 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Aw man, I'm visiting the college I'm going to next year on the 12th.

#58519 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by euphemism on 30 June 2005 - 10:50 PM in Off Topic

12 monkeys and almost anything by Alfred Hitchcock. Also Brazil is good but crazy.

#54696 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by euphemism on 12 May 2005 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm new and from milton, MA right next to boston

#60208 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by euphemism on 25 July 2005 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I think a war in closer proximity to boston would be better for a simple reason:
I am a lazy bastard and so are all the people I nerf with

#55641 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by euphemism on 25 May 2005 - 09:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to come with some nerfin' friends depending on where it is (that is still undecided right?)

#62440 Nerf Bullets

Posted by euphemism on 22 August 2005 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Here is a writeup for my nerf bullets that I invented a while ago, after my titan began killing my homemade micros. You can also make mega bullets with the same procedure.

Posted Image
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Make a somewhat tight hole for a single mardi gras bead (they are fairly easy to take off the string).

2. Push the bead in and duct tape it in (use enough so you don't kill people with the bead).

In the end the dart should be about 1/2 an inch long and covered in duct tape.
You can put more than one in the barrel for shotgun-ness if a powerful gun is used. Their range is damn good, accuracy is good and velocity is crazy, of course you can use steel ball bearings, brass BBs or lead sinkers but I don't use them to decrease the mortality rate. Due to the slight diameter increase CPVC generally a bad barrel for them but otherwise they work in whatever works for other micros (or megas for mega bullets).

Good look, god save the queen and all that jazz.

EDIT: Have scissors handy for trimming any excess duct tape.

#62528 Nerf Bullets

Posted by euphemism on 25 August 2005 - 03:26 AM in Modifications

Thanks everyone for all positive comments. One thing that's great about them is that they are utterly invincible. Also they can fire from most guns modded to fire stefans from sspb to titan.

Note to anyone making them: Be sure that they are at least slightly longer than wide so they don't roll when you ramrod them.

EDIT: oops this was meant to me in homemades I didn't notice it was here until now, please move

#85927 Do You Remember?

Posted by euphemism on 28 July 2006 - 10:35 AM in General Nerf

An old edition NF and an N-strike set popped my nerf gun cherry.

#60878 It's Nerf Or Nothing

Posted by euphemism on 02 August 2005 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

(i.e. my friend bought a moddified BBB of ebay and he's pretty accurate from 60 feet away if i'm holding a modified LnL and PC there's not much I can do.

It's just that the Nerf community here (100% my friends and I) isn't into modding that much.

As for the first part: If you think that a stock PC should have range equal to a modded BBB you have something seriously wrong with you.

And secondly: Oh yes, the community here just hates modding, we can't fucking stand it

#85362 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 19 July 2006 - 07:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I speak for everyone in the milton area when I say we'd be more than glad to host at 75 edge hill road again.

#85494 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 21 July 2006 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid the location is not very close to the berkshires, it's much closer to boston. If you can make it, however, you'd be more than welcome, look in the nerf frappr for a better idea of where it is.

#85999 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 29 July 2006 - 12:58 PM in Nerf Wars

19th sounds fine to me, I'm probably going to go to a reggae concert that night, meaning two things. I'll need to get out in time and it's gonna be a crazy day for me.

#86855 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by euphemism on 08 August 2006 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Where is 75 Edge hill road? Is that a house? Is it near Milton high?

The 19th hmmm... I'll get back to you guys shortly to see if I can go..

It's Cunningham park, it's pretty close to the high school.
I think the 19th is better for Milton people too, especially because MiMiC is off to college on the 27 I think.

but thats if I'm invited of course.

Of course.

#67302 Big Salvo

Posted by euphemism on 07 November 2005 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

Ahh the wonders of google, link. No need to thank me, it's part of my job. Obsessive googler that is, such a great job too.