sublimedom777's Content

There have been 328 items by sublimedom777 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#278576 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 25 June 2010 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Contract #3 for NerfMonkey, and it's not Lisa Frank this time!

Pussy Stomp:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Needs a few touch-ups, but is essentially done.

#250917 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 19 September 2009 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

My sister's birthday present:
Posted Image

A contract for a friend, who is female and has a Lisa Frank pencil case:
Posted Image

Both have ACE #49 springs and CPVC couplers, and +10 embarrassment modifiers to any kill.

I'll probably use the Leopard one during our war tomorrow here in Pittsburgh, just to be "that guy".

#258744 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 12 December 2009 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

The current state of my beloved Maximizer:

Posted Image

Wooden crutch cut up to make the stock.
Good news! It's 100% removable and independent of the blaster, so no Maximizers were harmed in the process of this mod! It is also surprisingly sturdy for there being no alterations to the shell to accept it.

Next:
Paint job (Have one in mind, not 100% sure about it yet).
New Barrel system? Currently I'm using a FF turret to great effect, but may check out how inline clips do.

#268727 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 09 March 2010 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

Finished Pic of that 2k contracted to FlaminCows

Posted Image

#331800 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 11 July 2013 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Integrations:Dildo.

What do you even know about integrated dildos?
Posted Image

And not that I feel I need to, but here, I'll further legitimize my post with last years flavor...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This lovely bit of kit is the S&M 1500. She rocked so many panties last APOC that Hanes' R&D Department was teaming up with 3M to make 'em waterproof.

My house...

#303033 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 08 August 2011 - 04:42 PM in Modifications

By far THE hit from Apoc this year.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present for your viewing pleasure, the most expensive Airtech 4000 in existence,

The AT4Play
Posted Image

The fabric seen tied where the goo gauge was is a decency shroud, and made my Walmart purchases in NJ very strange. The pump handle's decency shroud is just a sock.

Edit: Another picture added due to public curiosity.

Posted Image

#241387 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 10 July 2009 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

Preliminary Name: VelociRapture

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name suggestions? Questions? Comments? Flames? PM me.

#240336 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 05 July 2009 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

My AT2K in its current state (soon to be re barreled due to cracking crayolas)
Posted Image

#241986 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 14 July 2009 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

My AT2.5k (let me know if that is inappropriately named). Thanks for the help folks, but I wound up needing to replace the tank and went with a 3k (hence the averaging of the numbers to get 2.5, hardy-har-har)

Posted Image

Also, my sister and I painted her Recon

Posted Image

#267065 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 26 February 2010 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Another contracted Lisa Frank blaster.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#347679 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by sublimedom777 on 05 July 2015 - 12:38 AM in Modifications

Skullduggery and back-room dealings!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: Beach Bow
Mods Done: Split internals, Firefly Turret, completely internal reinforcements.
Integrations: N/a
Comments: My first xbow, and the only I know of like it. The sand is done in Rustoleum Stone texture, and as such has a rough, sand-like texture.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: The Duster
Mods Done: The last of the V8 Interceptors. Split's internals. 2 catch notches. Roboman catch and trigger. Plymouth Duster badge (+75 B.H.P.), completely internal reinfocements
Integrations: Underslung LB as an homage to Ellen (AND it looks like a freaking engine), 2k tank in the works.
Comments: Uses a triple speedloader with 20" of cpvc each barrel. It refuses to fire anything less than a 3/0 fishing weight.

This marks my 2nd Hotrod xBow, and I'm very happy about that.

#311808 Game Types and Rules for Nerf Wars

Posted by sublimedom777 on 24 February 2012 - 11:41 PM in General Nerf

On behalf of the Sex Dwarves, I'd like to submit Freeze Tag.

Freeze Tag
JediJoe9 and The Sex Dwarves
  • Primary or Secondary?: Primary
  • Supplies: High ROF blasters.
  • People: Optimally 8-12. Two smallish teams
  • Field: Basic nerf area, moderate cover and size (enough to play team elimination on).
  • Goal: To freeze every member of the opposing team.
  • Rules: This game is extremely simple. It's exactly like regular freeze tag, but with nerf guns. If you are hit by an opponent, you must stop all movement (no reloading, re-loacting, etc) until unfrozen by a team member. You can unfreeze teammates by either tagging them, or shooting them (making meat shields a heavily tactical decision). When everybody on one team is frozen the game ends.
  • Note: This game varies wildly in duration. A game can last mere minutes, or can drag out for 15-20 minutes depending on how many people get unfrozen, etc. As such, it is usually best played in a best of 3,5,or 7 tournament style. Of course high ROF primaries is simply a suggestion, but it is a good idea, as tides can turn very rapidly in this game.

#307545 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by sublimedom777 on 19 November 2011 - 08:19 PM in Modifications

My Home Depot (Bethel Park, Pittsburgh Pa) has marked "Glidden Testers" down to $1ea. They're pre-colored ~2oz bottles of flat paint. Enjoy.

#307945 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by sublimedom777 on 01 December 2011 - 12:23 AM in Modifications

I have found that smaller Home Depots don't carry thin-wall pvc.

This is true. I work at what may be the smallest one company wide, but that's not why I'm here. I am here to show y'all this:

Posted Image

It is a 2 pack of 5'x7' tarps. It's the "light duty" which is worth fuck all for normal purposes, but is flimsy enough to make easily stored (and cheap) mobstacles.

Edit: This is available at my Home Depot, Bethel Park, Pa. Local availability may vary?

#243428 Maverick Double, Triple Barrel.

Posted by sublimedom777 on 23 July 2009 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

I am with Commando, I politely request (read: demand) a writeup on the double barreled Mav. I've been wracking my brain on how to do this.

#319346 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by sublimedom777 on 28 July 2012 - 03:01 AM in Nerf Wars

3 Dwarves will be there to dominate the competition.

#241809 Mother Of All Mod Contests Submissions

Posted by sublimedom777 on 13 July 2009 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

VelociRapture

#245012 Community-wide Mod Contest

Posted by sublimedom777 on 01 August 2009 - 02:41 PM in News

I hate to be a nuisance, but is there a projected date for the scores to come back? This is like waiting for AP or SAT scores, except if that had they joy of Christmas involved.

#351417 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by sublimedom777 on 09 February 2016 - 11:04 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to give it my best effort, but it is entirely going to depend on:

Getting off work

Getting to SoCal cheap
Crashing with a local

I'll for sure give an absolute notice as soon as I can.

#282500 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by sublimedom777 on 08 August 2010 - 11:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war.

Wonderful getting to meet some amazing nerfers and see some real nerf being played. Completely worth the trip.

-Maximizer worked all day and didn't explode
-Crossbow was ok
-Held my own, and gave back competitively
-Didn't die from too much White Castle and not enough sleep

#265161 Longstrike Internal Powerstock, Deadspace Filler And Basic Mods

Posted by sublimedom777 on 12 February 2010 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

Awesome internal powerstock. Too bad Hasbro's riding a Recon as it's gravy train though,

#311177 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by sublimedom777 on 14 February 2012 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

[html]

March:

[url=http://http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22182]11th [Pa] POW! March: Sex and Sensibility[/url]

[/html]

#347697 Do NOT Paint it Black

Posted by sublimedom777 on 05 July 2015 - 08:23 PM in General Nerf

If I may make presumptions for a moment, the message here is less "Don't ever paint your blaster realistically", and more "If you make your toy look like not a toy, don't bring it to these toy-playing events". Using nerf blasters to make props for cosplay and the like is fine, but for public usage it is less than great.

I know that I'm not necessarily the pulse of the community, but one of the things I like most about Nerf is the inherent wackyness. Blasters with antlers, blasters with "marital aids", blasters that look like animals, blasters that make you look like a robot. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a silly hobby. I love nerf because even though it is a "shooting" hobby, we typically don't get realistic. We're the dorks in the public park running around with toys, shooting at each other with ridiculous contraptions and having fun. I don't meant to say fun can't be had while being all "tacticool", but there are other hobbies and venues for that. Nerf isn't milsim.

At the last few big wars I have attended, without fail someone on my team, at the beginning of the day has started with a diatribe about who should cover them, babbling about support fire, and basically trying to set up a nerf S.W.A.T. team. My advice to them is simple.

"Lets just play nerf"

#314450 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by sublimedom777 on 16 April 2012 - 07:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Some number of Sex Dwarves are trying to attend. Currently myself, JWasko, and Sleepy. We are all tentative currently. We need to figure out transportation and lodging, and any help with the latter would be greatly appreciated.

#340699 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by sublimedom777 on 25 July 2014 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone owns a Mattel Ultimator (or, I suppose an XXL Bazooka) Please bring it to the war. Mine is currently malfunctioning and I don't think I'll have it ready in time. If you do, you'll be able to play Ultimate Core Penetration, the ultimatist penetratintingist game around.

I may also bring some small consideration as a thank you, I suppose.

#338287 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by sublimedom777 on 18 April 2014 - 03:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I will try to attend, to remind everyone that Sex Dwarves are the best road clan ever.

I'll try and get the other Dwarves to rsvp as well.

#340714 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by sublimedom777 on 26 July 2014 - 03:55 PM in Nerf Wars

This round is definitely on an experimental "if people want to try what craziness Pittsburgh is doing" status, so we can probably run it with quadBs, the springer nature adds to the fun though, for sure.

We'll see what goes on the day of. Could be nobody out east is even cool enough to try it.

#328620 2013 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by sublimedom777 on 07 April 2013 - 08:38 PM in Nerf Wars

July:
[[url="http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23816"]http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23816[/url]]July 13th [PA] Clash of Steel: Necrohorse of Glory[/url]

Also: Not sure how you want the link to a promotional image added in, but here:

[img]http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/sublimedom777/CoS%20NoG/CoSNoGLogo.jpg[/img]

#332787 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by sublimedom777 on 08 August 2013 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Group Photo
Just for the sake of getting an accurate headcount, Please let me know via this thread or PM if you attended the war but were not pictured in the group photo above.

I'm pretty sure both JWasko and I were back at the car when this was taken, so tack us on.

Dom and Wasko, I miss you guys already. Can't wait for the plethora of unsavory sexy photos I know you have on your cell to hit the web.

You're going to want to download them to your 'Nickleback' folder, for sure.

#332681 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by sublimedom777 on 03 August 2013 - 11:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Langley just made an attempt on Ted's life!

#332724 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by sublimedom777 on 05 August 2013 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I would like to thank Langley for his horse-brutality, as well as entrusting Sex Dwarves to run parts of Apoc.

I also hope everyone enjoyed playing Freeze Tag. It was nice, even though My team got completely hosed during the first set. I hope some of you are able to incorporate it into your various communities.

Anyway, Apoc 2013:

+ Sold everything I brought
+ The weather was nice(r than it could have been).
+ I only paid like $20 out of pocket for my trip.
+Got to help run more rounds this year
+ Got the A-Ok to point blank people in the kidneys.
+ Every blaster I brought broke.
+ I ran out of darts and actually had to sweep.
+ Glack glack glack glack glack glack glack glack glack glack
++++++++ After Party with the Ohioans and LGLF
+Getting initiated

And the cons:
I got minimized

For your viewing pleasure, a viking funeral for my very favorite blaster. May she rest in peace.

#348177 Apocalypse 2015 - Recapping on page 5

Posted by sublimedom777 on 01 August 2015 - 07:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, what a great day. I gotta say my performance was the worst ever though. I probably fired around 250 darts and didn't hit a single nerfer. The upside I guess was nothing broke. See y'all next year.

#348308 Crossfire Bow + Blastzooka Integration

Posted by sublimedom777 on 09 August 2015 - 11:28 PM in Modifications

Very nicely done. I was worried when I heard selectable fire, since I'm unsure if I ever really published mine. This is /WAY/ more space efficient. Mine uses a similar approach, but with a ball valve. Specifically developed for JWasko, if he ever gets his xbow off the ground.

#278601 2010 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by sublimedom777 on 26 June 2010 - 01:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Please ignore.

#245232 Homemade Holster For Minimized Nfs

Posted by sublimedom777 on 02 August 2009 - 08:50 PM in Homemades

Truly a masterpiece. I'll be working on mine after seeing their truly wonderful performance at LNDH.

Edit: Missed the ranges, I'll test mine when I get it finished, but i expect some variance due to my NF being coupler'd different.

Also, wonderful Ferris-Bueller-esque ending, Bravo again sir.

#265554 Nerf Marauder Longsword Reinforcement

Posted by sublimedom777 on 15 February 2010 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

Just as an added note: 1 1/4" SCH 20 PVC (or 1 1/2" if you can't find 1/4) fits nicely around the blades of the G.I. Joe swords, as well as the Furys. I'll be making a sheath for my GI Joe sword out of this material.

I will be checking asap for what size works best with Marauders, or someone can go ahead and beat me to it if they want.

#347297 Armageddon XVI

Posted by sublimedom777 on 19 June 2015 - 09:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Sublimedom777, Nono, you can be up front with me on what to use

Bring it, but please bring something you can reasonably expect to have no issues. For instance, back in Pgh we used NFs with Ace #49 spring replacements or equivalent.

I will be bringing a few pistols (hopefully) to lend in case someone forgets or has theirs break.

#346906 Armageddon XVI

Posted by sublimedom777 on 24 May 2015 - 12:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Everybody please make sure to bring a suitable pistol/sidearm, like a NF or something comparable, if you will be playing Ultimate Core Penetration.

UCP is played with one Ultimator per team, with everyone else using speedloader'd or comparable pistols. If you give me some time, I may be able to have a loaner or two, but it's a pretty solid idea to have one of your own.

#347294 Armageddon XVI

Posted by sublimedom777 on 19 June 2015 - 03:33 PM in Nerf Wars

For the Ultimate Core Penetration round, would an Ultra Match Firestrike be ok? I'm thinking the one I brought to the last war.

It's not my war, so I don't mean to step on any toes, but I figure I'm the authority on this gametype. I am preliminarily going to allow it, but you have to fire it upside down. I'll pass final judgement (for my authority level) when we have more info/when I see it perform.

#347498 Armageddon XVI

Posted by sublimedom777 on 29 June 2015 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Finally made it home about an hour ago. So I'll be brief to avoid falling asleep mid-post. I totally broke my personal rule to not drive overnight to a nerf war (was awake for roughly 35 hours) but it was so, so worth it.

This was one of the realest nerf wars I've ever been to. It was super strange to my east coast sensibilities, but at no point was that a problem. Both of my companions had a blast, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks so much to everyone running this (and thanks for the opportunity to be a captain).

• Meeting some of the coolest nerfers I have ever had the good fortune to play with was spectacular.
  • Most of my blasters worked all day. Minimal repairs, I think.
  • Actually having some fun during a Carpe round. (And scoring 3 points total [Day and career])
  • peed rounds were crazy fun. That was the surprise of the day I think. I also loved playing D during CTF.
  • The variety of nerfers was super cool. You never quite knew who/what blaster would be around the corner.
  • The field was super awesome for this event.
  • Ultimator kills were tight.
  • I'm probably forgetting so many awesome things, but it was a super dope weekend.

My only gripes are a distaste for thrown melee (roboman and I almost caught a tomahawk to the face)

But most of all I hated not being able to give you guys a good UCP round. I'll work on figuring out how to make it scale up to a larger group.

Also, a personal milestone. I have played in 3 of the 4 major markets: NJ, Canada, and now SoCal. Wish all my blasters hadn't been buried when I drove thru Chicago, but it'll just be more incentive to see Grz sooner.