Inlitned1's Content

There have been 72 items by Inlitned1 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2111 What Is The Best Hard Ware?

Posted by Inlitned1 on 09 March 2003 - 06:32 PM in Off Topic

3 words... Sun Micro Systems.

Dont know where you got your data on the bench marks spoon, but I have never seen any thing come out of any lab that had a stock PC beat a stock Mac. If you could pass on the sight, I would like to see the results for my self.

#2130 What Is The Best Hard Ware?

Posted by Inlitned1 on 10 March 2003 - 08:13 AM in Off Topic

sun micro system is the company who produces the number crunching computers for ILM and other graphics based companys. The 1/2 mill computers which do the major calculations...

And as to the stock aspect. Shur you can build a platform that will school any stock box, but what dose Gateway/dell make? Honstly. And of course the bench marks are gonna make a biased test, but that swings both ways. And what regular apps are you talking about. The Windows platform has yet to produce a stable enough OS for real Vidio editing, and yes that goes for the Xp and what not.

#2139 What Is The Best Hard Ware?

Posted by Inlitned1 on 10 March 2003 - 05:25 PM in Off Topic

Regular apps: Word & Excel-Microsoft ports for the mac platform are buggier than hell if they are pre- ofice X (I figured this was the case cause of the hard ware you sugested IE 1 gig g4)(that help?)

as for building a platform... I have never been impressed with the construction of computers. How often do you have to replace the parts/ upgrade? Haveing never built any, I couldn't tell you if they are good or bad. But every Tec that has made one, and that I have seen spends more cash on the thing so he can keep it running. But enough of this rant, cause it could go on till the end o time. thanks for the links

#2887 Virginia ****ers Unite!

Posted by Inlitned1 on 01 April 2003 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

To start the list, Groove and I are ****ers in the burg. there are some others who dont post on NH around this area. But hello from my self, and I am shure that Groove will put in his greeting

#2670 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Inlitned1 on 25 March 2003 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Very good point Vacc. But seeing as none of team Woo(reads Grove and I) have ever been to a Lano/Wamo/Hamo or what ever-O(Vanos excluded), It dose not really apply to us. I mean, all we ever do is kick the snot out of a groupe of 6th graders who call them selves a clan. Besides, what is the point of me saying that I can school a groupe of people on the west coast in a war, when chances are, they will never ever nerf against me. That is unless hop a plain and get to Lano (Hopefully)

#2484 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Inlitned1 on 20 March 2003 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Have fun... and be good. Nothing sucks more than being in a clan that sucks cause every one is so independant. That is my take on it

#2703 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Inlitned1 on 26 March 2003 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

sounds like a plan... counting the days till graduation so I can do what ever the hell I want

#2636 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Inlitned1 on 24 March 2003 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

Humm... Clans that can hold their own on line? Well not to blow our horn, but Team Woo. Besides, who gives a damm what goes on online? cause I shure as hell know that I dont.

#3339 The Unlimate Nerf Arena

Posted by Inlitned1 on 12 April 2003 - 01:18 PM in General Nerf

Or crotchity old men. then you have a great place

#3711 The Physics Of Nerf

Posted by Inlitned1 on 20 April 2003 - 06:24 PM in General Nerf

Who the hell works in feet when doing physics? other than that, Its kinda cool that some prof. has the brains to do that.

#349 The New Nerf

Posted by Inlitned1 on 05 January 2003 - 06:03 PM in General Nerf

not to sound of the loop or anything, but are these guns up on a website any where. The lack of walmarts in the burg leaves me wondering what these new guns look/ act like.

#348 The Great Debate!

Posted by Inlitned1 on 05 January 2003 - 05:56 PM in General Nerf

But its so dam satisfying to pull of a move that neo couldn't do when dodgeing micros. Besides its really the only thing that I can use seeing as I only tend to use the autos.

#344 The Great Debate!

Posted by Inlitned1 on 05 January 2003 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

Dosen't kinda depend on the gun your using? True you can mod the crap out of a gun so it can shoot eather, but I would have to favor Micros. I say this because of Physics. Your 5 pumps from gun X accelerate the micro to a much greater speed than the megga. Although the meggas will retain their energy for a greater time, the speed advantage of a micro tends to sugest to me that it holds the clear advantage.

#1131 The Animatrix

Posted by Inlitned1 on 05 February 2003 - 09:56 PM in Off Topic

Well,
I dont know if any one else enjoyed that beautiful movie called "The Matrix" but I shure as hell did. A group of artists then got into it and started to do back story in anime(pardon spelling). The animatrix is the web site for this colaboration(pardon). I don't sugest you try it if you have any thing slower than cable, but if you do I think its worth the wait. watch it and give me your feed back.

Ohh... and by the way. I belive that is is psudo offical, as in approved by the people who wrote the story, which would mean that it was offical back story.

#4450 Suggestions For The Store

Posted by Inlitned1 on 11 May 2003 - 10:28 AM in Site Feedback

haveing just seen the store, I must add the NH thong to the shoping list... Its almost as cool as the WWJD thong. Keep up the ausome work, and lets try to get some shirts in somthing other than white

#459 Side Arms

Posted by Inlitned1 on 09 January 2003 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

good point with the X-bow, but what about moding it so you have a overunder i.e. Groove's. How I see it, the pistol never work for me. I have never had a round stay in the gun when Wooing or running.

#720 Side Arms

Posted by Inlitned1 on 19 January 2003 - 01:09 PM in General Nerf

Haveing never found a side arm that really works for me... I stick with my first statement... I dont see the use. With autos... pump as you run, and keep a constant amt. of air in the gun. X-Bowers... yeah you need the rounds, but I have never found the gun that works. Spring guns dont shoot that far. and pump pistols take longer to reload than your primary. Using a PC with 4 clips works great for me. I have never run in to a situation in which I need a 11th shot. And when Wooing, nothing beats the PC. Unless your ungodly good, or lucky. Your use of a pistol in a matrix style situation wont help.

#454 Side Arms

Posted by Inlitned1 on 09 January 2003 - 05:22 PM in General Nerf

is there really a reason to carry a pistol in a war. I have never seen one used, and question there use. I mean If you use a "loser Rifle" I can see. They provide a backup if your rushed while reloading. On the other hand if your useing a PC you dont need one. It takes no time at all to drop a new clip in the gun, and thus you have no reason to carry a hand gun. What do you all think?

#728 Side Arms

Posted by Inlitned1 on 19 January 2003 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

but your limited to 10 only if you keep the clip in the gun. If you get several detachable clips, then you have a bunch. Haveing never been to a really big war, I couldnt say, but I still dont see how you can run out of air with a PC if you pump and run at the same time. And if you go buck wild and throw a tank on yours then its almost imposable.

#726 Side Arms

Posted by Inlitned1 on 19 January 2003 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

but dosen't that require a whole new spring? A SF or a SS2 seems to work well. I guess its just that I like to be able to set the strenth of the shot... but on a good mod you see to be able to get bout. 70 feet of 5/6 pumps which take no time.

#2131 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by Inlitned1 on 10 March 2003 - 08:35 AM in Modifications

Just as a thought... Airtec bb's? Use your "shell" consept, but take a chunk of the foa as wadding, stuff the bugger full of the bb's, and put another wadding in. if done right you have your self a shot gun all right, and its basicly the real thing, with out the boom and carnage

#2201 Shotgunners Rejoyce!

Posted by Inlitned1 on 13 March 2003 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

yeah... i have done that. the bb gun wars that is. But that is why your using the air soft BBs. I dont really see the risk that you run. Shure you can get into a sticky situation if using the real ones, but the soft foam ones?

#331 Rapid Fire Guns

Posted by Inlitned1 on 04 January 2003 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Seeing as I have always used the Auto. guns, here is how I see it. You can keep you 5 shoot games. In all reality, your not gonna get the chance to shoot back if your hit. It also gives the losers some fun. I mean, If you shoot me once with your X-bow or some moded supper max, and I can take 4 more hits, what is the point. I close with you and nail your skank butt with my P.C. One Shot One Kill... Words to live by!

#358 Rapid Fire Guns

Posted by Inlitned1 on 06 January 2003 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

If they are getting overly cautious, then what is the point of playing? Its nerf for crying out loud. If people are gonna puss when underfire from foam, then maby they should reconsider the "sport"(which brings up a heated debate topic. Is nerf a sport?) Because of the small numbers of nerfers in my area, its the only thing that we play.

#367 Rapid Fire Guns

Posted by Inlitned1 on 06 January 2003 - 09:42 PM in General Nerf

Keep the BBB, because they wont do you any good. There slow rate of fire limits there use in the indoor war. What you need in that sit. is an arrow storm along with the pc. But if you are stuck in that situation w/o an auto, your sunk. The fact that you have taken the defencive will assure your demise. A combination of covering fire and close suport tatics will allow a good nerf team to breech the room and flush any losers.

#537 Ranting Or Just Telling The Truth?

Posted by Inlitned1 on 12 January 2003 - 11:08 AM in Site Feedback

True to that... The worst thing that I have seen to date is a "supressor" on a BBB. ~sighs~ What is this world coming to?

#452 Ranting Or Just Telling The Truth?

Posted by Inlitned1 on 09 January 2003 - 04:37 PM in Site Feedback

In recent history, I have not played a game that has had more than 6 people total. The reason that the nerfers in my area have adoped the OHK idea is simple. COUNTING SUCKS... not only counting to get back in, but also counting the number of times you get hit. And besides there is little in life that is more satisfying then avenging your team mate's death. Keep your numbers, rules, and petty ideas, I will always prefer the simple joy of takeing out a person with a well aimed shot to the head... and not haveing them come back in 5/10/20 seconds

#437 Ranting Or Just Telling The Truth?

Posted by Inlitned1 on 08 January 2003 - 04:57 PM in Site Feedback

But you dont need East/ West. Play one hit kill... or just shoot each other... The longer you cling to the "Rules" the longer nerf stays the way it is.

#412 Ranting Or Just Telling The Truth?

Posted by Inlitned1 on 07 January 2003 - 11:04 PM in Site Feedback

Hats off to the man! Vacc, it was true, very true. My first gun was a Blast-a-Ball and only recently have I discovered the many many web sites. Your Rant(for lack of a better word) touched on several profound points. Why look to some one else for guidence when it should be you doing the tinkering. But will things ever get back to the way that they have been... Probably not. Not when we still cling to "East Cost" and "West Cost" rules and "Raders" and "Troopers" Do us all a favor. next time you have a war, be it just you and your friends, or a huge all out battle... play it simple, dont call it any thing... Just play it

And in the words of a well respected man "Nerf on, of Fuck OFF"

#410 Platform Debate

Posted by Inlitned1 on 07 January 2003 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

What was he running Os 9 or X, cause that will make a diffrence. But if you still doubt the power of the mac go to WWW.Apple.Com and see the new power books, Cause DAM!!! But with the clame that Mac's crash more often than PC's I am gonna have to disagree. No matter whose PC it is, that Blue Screen of doom keeps comming back!

#369 Platform Debate

Posted by Inlitned1 on 06 January 2003 - 09:58 PM in Off Topic

I will put in my two cents. I was born with a Apple 2c in the crib... well not really, but you get the drift. I use an old school iMac while the rest of the world clings to a OS that can not make use of a Risk based chip. Because of this, the Meggahurtz myth still exist. All I can hope is that game producers will start dual production...

#1054 Platform Debate

Posted by Inlitned1 on 31 January 2003 - 11:20 AM in Off Topic

What iMac are you talking about! The new flat screen ships with a 32mg. Graphics card. And the 800 G4 will run any game out. And besides, apple's can devote a hell of a lot more of the procesior to graphics, and thus a Mac with a 8-16 meg card can run a game that a wintel takes a 32 to run.

#333 Platform Debate

Posted by Inlitned1 on 04 January 2003 - 08:27 PM in Off Topic

Well... what is it? Mac/ Apple... or Microsoft? And are you still bitter about Bungie? Cause I know that I am!!!

#1078 Pc Air Tank

Posted by Inlitned1 on 01 February 2003 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

All your looking to do is provide air with out haveing to pump the bladder. You could use a bike pump to represurize the tank. The problem comes in when you try to limit the output of the tank. The risk is the gun breaking cause of too much air presure, and thus the need for the regulator.

#924 Pc Air Tank

Posted by Inlitned1 on 26 January 2003 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

4 inch in diamiter. sch. 40. What is the Beast? never heard of it, but I am guessing that it is somting similar to my desine. but as for the bladder in the PC. A replacement of PVC would work, you would just have to compress the air to a greater PSI. And there is no way you could over presureize the tank. Well you could but I used the stuff for a potato cannon and have suffered no problems. But the real problem is in the out going gas. as in breaking the gun. Gotta come up with a regulator of some sort.

#866 Pc Air Tank

Posted by Inlitned1 on 24 January 2003 - 11:16 PM in Modifications

Well I am looking to make me self a tank for a pc. I was thinking a chunk of 4 in. pvc with covers & a bike valve. The conecter is the problem, so if you all have any idea pitch in.

#832 Pants

Posted by Inlitned1 on 23 January 2003 - 08:11 PM in Off Topic

The urge to make some homosexual remark is almost too much to handel. But I will contain my self. As for pants gotta say that flanel, at the most. But the kilt is kinda appealing... depending on where its aquired. And the best place to get one, you ask? why a cathloic school girl!(I realize that the maturity of this post is declining fast, and so I will stop.)

#2360 Nerfhaven

Posted by Inlitned1 on 19 March 2003 - 08:27 AM in Off Topic

Word. Lets keep it this way. I have not seen a "I like Cheese" post in a long time. and that is quite and improvement over... every other nerf sight

#952 Matrix: Reloaded - Superbowl Trailer

Posted by Inlitned1 on 27 January 2003 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

As in blunt man and cronic? (Jay and Silent Bob) As for the trailer... Dam. Cant wait. Deffantly a midnight show thing.

#334 Ladies And Gents, I Give You My "guru."

Posted by Inlitned1 on 04 January 2003 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

And what a lesson it has to teach. If you remember Lord Of the Springs from NO days... He got, shall we say, Enlightned by the Guru. A good gun to have on your team... and that is not becasue I cover groove's back.