windtex1's Content

There have been 18 items by windtex1 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#290541 R Series Blasters - Overview!

Posted by windtex1 on 09 December 2010 - 09:10 PM in Homemades

the ID is 0.952.

The spec sheet at Mcmaster suggest that they fit.

What the hell are you guys talking about? The ID is not specified, but the OD is .968 and the wire thickness is .08. .968-.16=.808

This is correct. I bought a k-45, and then didn't even fit.

A k45 theoretically doesn't even fit over 1/2 cpvc let alone pvc.

#303199 Shortened pumpsnap

Posted by windtex1 on 11 August 2011 - 08:08 AM in Homemades

A couple of things: First off, I like the plunger head design, I use(d) something very similar to that in the snaps I make. Second, the lever trigger is... interesting, is there any reason you decided to go with it? What are the pros/cons? And lastly, instead of having to cut all those slots in the tee for the stock, you could have gotten a slightly longer screw and screwed the stock in. Or, you could use the same screw and drill a hole in the tee (well, 4 holes) the size of the screw head. Then insert tee, and put screws in. Lastly, I don't understand why people use a "sheath" for their hopper clips, it just adds more weight, even though it looks badass...Overall, nice design.

#287391 The Clothespin Trigger Mk2

Posted by windtex1 on 23 October 2010 - 02:56 PM in Homemades

That is a really nice and appealing job but I have a simple question. On a regular CPT, when you attach the right angle, the clothespin is facing forwards. On this CPT, the clothespin is facing backwards and therefore would need a different trigger. So do you have any ideas for that?

Thank You and this is really a big step.

#305525 CPVC Breach (Sodizzle) Longshot

Posted by windtex1 on 08 October 2011 - 01:21 PM in Modifications

I have a little bit to suggest. First, you could use a 2k pump tube ( cut down to an inch or two), or you could use 5/8 brass. I know the point of this breach is to minimized brass, but its just an easy alternative to having to sand down a coupler. So pops, how did you sand out your coupler?

#292561 Lanard Triple Shot Re-barreled

Posted by windtex1 on 10 January 2011 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

I love how you kept the triple shot feature too. I have two opinions on the "done right". The first one is that this mod is, in fact, done right. This is because the main feature of the stock blaster includes the triple shot and you kept it that way. It can be done right because you keep the stock features, just make them better. The other side of the argument is that no mod is done right. Personally, I rather do zorns mod due to better ranges. Even though it changes the features, it still gets better ranges, rear loading, etc..... therefore rendering it more "perfect" in a sense makeing it done right. I agree with several people that no mod is "done right"...but many are done very,very well.

EDIT: You changed the title, I didn't realize...but I still have somewhat of a point.

#286079 Ultimate Raider

Posted by windtex1 on 26 September 2010 - 10:58 AM in Modifications

That will increase the ranges but it will not get longshot ranges.

True, because of the reversed plunger but, I prefer 35 shots at 80 feet than 6 shots at 100

If you put a drum in the longshot you would be getting 35 shots at 100 feet

Plus I doubt that you could even get 80 with just that breech.

First, you can add springs,power stock,lots of different things to achieve 80 ft.

Also, putting a drum in a longshot makes the cost go up by 30$ just for a drum.

#286073 Ultimate Raider

Posted by windtex1 on 26 September 2010 - 09:04 AM in Modifications

Why does everybody have the Pokemon blanket

Well, I took the pic from the internals dictionary.=)

#286071 Ultimate Raider

Posted by windtex1 on 26 September 2010 - 08:15 AM in Modifications

Hoping to get a modification into the dictionary, here goes. One day, I was thinking about longshots and how nerf modders replace the breech to achieve a better air seal and many other mods are also done. When I was thinking, I thought about a raider and how nobody likes it. However, nerf modders like the drum due to its 35 shots. To achieve a really good rate of fire and really good ranges (from nerf guns...not homemade), you would theoretically need a longshot and a raider coming to a budget of about 60$. I personally hate spending money so I wanted to get mad power out of a raider. Because of that, I present to you: The Ultimate Raider.

1. Unscrew your gun:
not my pic:Posted Image
2. Remove your air restrictors which is fairly basic.

3. You can now build this breech:
Posted Image
4. Now, you can use streamlines or use a stefan modded drum.

Thank You

(I cannot test ranges right now for many, various reasons)
Questions?Comments?

#286075 Ultimate Raider

Posted by windtex1 on 26 September 2010 - 09:18 AM in Modifications

That will increase the ranges but it will not get longshot ranges.

True, because of the reversed plunger but, I prefer 35 shots at 80 feet than 6 shots at 100

#294588 Barrel Material For Stock Micros

Posted by windtex1 on 16 February 2011 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

17/32 brass is the best choice but also the most expensive. So, you move down to cpvc, if you use cpvc, a wise move would be to coupler it.You could use a straight cpvc coupler. Some cpvc couplers are angled from the middle to the outsides, some are just straight. On the plunger rod, use pipe cutters around the seam closer to the plunger tube. Next, dremel/cut out the the middle circle and sand down the prongs. (You can cut the cpvc coupler in half for this step to reduce dead space.) Lastly, goop in the coupler, then use epoxy putty on the outside to reinforce. If everything is done correctly, it will hold up for quite some time. Also, use up to a 5 inch barrel on a non extended nitefinder and a good foam fit. (assuming springs added, seal improved, etc...)

I hope this helps !

#277187 Nerf Sneakshot

Posted by windtex1 on 08 June 2010 - 06:09 PM in General Nerf

Hi, my friend has a nerf sneakshot and is willing to sell it to me for 25$. Is it worth it? Please give your opinion

#292406 My Spring Chamber Modification

Posted by windtex1 on 07 January 2011 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

Taiden,that looks interesting and simple at the same time. However, having a hole that the o-ring "scratches" by would most likely tear up the o-ring. Especially if you have a tight-fitting o-ring for a good seal. Overall, I hope this works and I will most likely use it if it does. That is a good idea, but for now, the check-skirt by Kane is winning.

#292429 Easy Spring Finds

Posted by windtex1 on 08 January 2011 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

i just thought it would be easy im sorry jeez... the toilet paper thing was just random but the pen thing is just an easy thing that ive done with random pens around my house, which makes it free...

Sure pens and toilet paper springs are fine but if you want a precise spring , go to a hardware store. Pen and toilet paper springs should be a last resort. However, you can do whatever you want...

#292407 Easy Spring Finds

Posted by windtex1 on 07 January 2011 - 09:47 PM in Modifications

What exactly is the point of this thread? I understand you want to share how you use a specific spring but you would not have to start a whole thread for that. The easiest spring to find is a spring at a hardware store or on mcmaster. If you want almost any type of spring, mcmaster is your friend. However, if you do not have access to mcmaster, your best bet is a hardware store. Why take apart a whole toilet paper holder thing or pen when you can get a better spring for cheaper. Just go to a hardware store and you will find what you need. I hope this helps.

#270499 Orange Logo Nitefinder

Posted by windtex1 on 27 March 2010 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

I have browsed the web and found out that there are two types of nite finders. As many of you know, the orange logo and the yellow logo. By preference, Nerf modifier like the yellow logo but this type is somewhat rare. I am going to show you how to 1/2 cpvc coupler a nitefinder very simply.

Step 1: Open the gun up and take the plunger assembly apart. Then, put the assembly in boiling water for about a minute to soften up the glue. For now, we will do a quick mod to the plunger and make it a lot better. What you want to do is add a spring and another o-ring.
Step 2: Now that we are done with the plunger, we have to separate the plunger assembly. We have to leave the connector from the plunger tube. Do not clean it out completely tough. Just drill a hole in the middle part. A coupler should fit around it nicely so you how glue the epoxy putty it on and lastly, minimize your nite finder shell.
Put it all back together and you are done with an awesome nite finder.

[size=7]I am aware that I have no pictures. I am pretty new to nerfhaven and I did not know how to post them. I was at sgnerf before

#291067 Bungee Blasters And Secret Santa!

Posted by windtex1 on 17 December 2010 - 06:51 PM in Modifications

If everything is glued together, you could possibly dip it in boiling water and remove the glue to access the plunger and improve the seal, add padding, etc... You could also use a stronger bungee and maybe coupler or re-barrel it.
Just some ideas.

#284261 Need Quadshot Catch

Posted by windtex1 on 29 August 2010 - 09:27 AM in Modifications

Hello nerfers, I recently bought a lanard triple shot and did Zorn's mod to make it a quadshot. Most importantly, I added springs and that forced me to do the torsion spring mod on the catch. Unfortunatley , my brother was "showing off" my gun the a friend that also likes nerf. He primed the gun way too fast and BOOM. I heard a crack and there went the catch.

Long story short, I need to buy a quadshot catch. preferably stock. Name your price. (it has to be reasonable) and i will most likely buy it. please pm price if possible

I am very aware that this is in the wrong section. I do not know how to move it. Sorry, administrators.

Thank You in advance

#284295 Need Quadshot Catch

Posted by windtex1 on 29 August 2010 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

According to the image, it shows that you have 2 catches. couldn't one be up for sale please? I know about the reinforcement. I will definatley do it next time