diamondbacknf1626's Content

There have been 433 items by diamondbacknf1626 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#262182 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 January 2010 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna need darts for this one guys...everyone make me some darts that fit CPVC...soz I can rapez your faces.

#260720 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 04 January 2010 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Would you guys have any problem with me bringing my Doomsayer which I plan to tone down to about 70' ranges?

I personally have no problem with Doomsayers shooting 100'. From my experience, Silencer doesn't really ban guns unless they're unsafe. Doomsayers =/= unsafe.

#257574 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 29 November 2009 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

This is in New Jersey, for those who didn't pick up on it. And as you know, my bro and I are game if we can make it.

#263802 Winter Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 30 January 2010 - 12:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Enjoy guys, sorry I can't be there.

#254602 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 26 October 2009 - 03:01 PM in Homemades

...it's half the field that completely dominates the other half.

The solution to that right there is to balance teams, which, again, as many have touched on, is up to the host of the war. This matter is so, so diverse to even spark efficient discussion, other than to bring to everyones attention that this is a game. A game with no single ruleset, but many that are changed and created by war hosts. I 100% have to agree with vacc in that it's up to the host of the war, and nobody should criticize the way other people play their games at other wars.

Now, that being said, would I attend a war where I'll only be able to use a ball blaster or a blaster created to some other restricted standards, no. Especially if the war is a distance away. Now maybe one might say I'm not seeing the fun of running around with toy guns...well, sorry to you guys...I enjoy it my way, and as does everyone else (which is the point I'm trying to get across.) One important aspect of this hobby for me is that there's not a universal ruleset, nothing that everyone has to follow. It's open for interpretation however you want to do it.

And I get what you're saying, Zorn, about your playing field being entirely unbalanced but again, like I said before, that's where the orginizer steps in and rearranges the teams to make them more fair.

#254566 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 10:41 PM in Homemades

I mean, yeah, rebarreling all your guns would suck, and it would eliminate alot of turrets,

That right there, along with the added fact that lots of people already have stocks of micros and or rolls of micro-sized foam turns myself and probably a lot of other people off to that idea. Otherwise, sure, it'd be cool, but practically, it's just really not ideal...

#254571 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 11:25 PM in Homemades

I'm seriously beginning to think that Ryan did this just to start a mosh of opinionated arguments. I have to say though, out of anyone, I agree with rork's ideas the most. My only disagreement is in the realm of dart limitations. Maybe this is because I just acquired/made over 500 non-slug-style stefans...but either way. The point still stands...those who have the supplies to make or already have non-slug-style darts would be hindered by that constraint.

Either way, it is pointless to fight progress. Each situation should be take case by case, war by war, host by host. The bottom line is, we're not playing a legitament, legalized sport here. We don't need a national ruleset. We're friends running around shooting modified toy guns at people. The minute we start to make loads of rules and conditions other than for safety reasons is the minute we start to take away the fun of it all, in my eyes.

#254541 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 05:15 PM in Homemades

Which I think is a pretty gay way to nerf, but not really ban-worthy, unless it becomes an issue of a fun-retardant gun.

This hobby is about skill, and the way skill is developed is through a neverending contest of technological and tactical oneupmanship. I don't want a gun as good as the other guy's; I want to have a better gun, just like I want to be a better shot, and a better dodger. We don't make the fast guys run around wearing a backpack full of rocks, even though sheer speed can win a round far more decisively than any weapon.

(I've collected and seen more welts dealt out from NFs and 2Ks than 4bs),

I like to be challenged, and frankly, any nerfer worth his salt who is confronted by superior weaponry should react with excitement.

I get my share of kills, but I honestly feel that it is my tactics and accuracy, far more than my gun.

Short of an HPA powered 100+ semiauto, I can't honesty say that there's anything that I wouldn't go up against for any reason other than liking my hide.

Just signalled out a few points that explain my thoughts exactly.

Another thing...I personally am strongly against dart restrictions. That is, of course, unless it weighs more than the standard 1/4" slingshot weight or 3/0. That causes hassle for anyone who...say...just bought a load of slingshot weights... :unsure: . In all seriousness though, at that point, it just creates difficulty for at least some percentage of those out there. Personally, I feel that if we stick by what I quoted above, this won't really be an issue.

#254508 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 01:21 PM in Homemades

If we don't want to go about limiting effective dart range, then we should probably limit any 100'+ gun to 4 shots before reloading.

The problem with that is that it gets into what I was saying before, regarding getting too specific about gun bans other than for safety reasons. I completely understand what you're getting at with the hopper clip (I'm gonna have to get one of those...sounds insane), and with things like that, sure, they may have to just be outright banned. But guns like ryan's 3k, RFDGs, and the like, those should be done case by case after the person has actually used it for a round or two. It shouldn't get to the point of "Oh damn, that thing has 8 barrels? How far does it shoot? 100+'? Banned." There should be some sort of trial time, where the attendies and host of the war can feel it out, and see whether or not they're cool with the person using it all day.

With the hopper clip though, apparently it's just too good, and doesn't exactly appear to take skill to make, so maybe that deserves a ban.

#254506 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 25 October 2009 - 12:42 PM in Homemades

Honestly, this can be debated on and on for hours upon hours...In the end though, it should really be left up to the war orginizer. Depending on the situation, +bows shooting 140' could be absolutely acceptable. This can be based on a number of factors; how leaniant the host of the war is, how many similar blasters there are in play, and even based upon who is attending the war and what the general concensus is. If the majority of people at the war deam the blaster too powerful, then maybe it should be put away for the day, and another should be used. Regardless, a backup blaster should always be brought along with average range/rof that has been deamed acceptable. If someone doesn't have access to more than one primary, then it should be up to the war orginizer to provide for anyone whose blaster they deam too powerful.

Personally though, I feel that if you can build it, you should use it, unless it gets to the point where it becomes unsafe. Then though, as the day progresses, and people begin to complain that you're dominating the field of play a little too much, it's time to pick up a new blaster.

It's really a matter dependent on a lot of things, which makes it hard to take a solid stance on...but the above is a pretty good summation of my feelings on the topic.

EDIT- Didn't read your post entirely. No, I haven't attended all that many wars, but those I've been to have been enough to have a stance on the topic.

Just want to add one more thing. One blaster commonly known to mess up the balance of the playing field is the RFDG ("Doomsayer"), which as we all know has been subject to a blanket ban by the mag 7. After seeing one in play at apoc, I really think that the same procedure I detailed above should be taken. Rather than an outright ban on this and other specific blaster designs, anything deamed safe should be allowed at the beginning of the day, and as the day progresses, should be weeded out based upon what seems to be dominating. If this procedure were taken, I honestly don't think that doomsayers would have been kicked out at apoc.

EDIT 2- Just another example. Your hopper clip w/ +bow could be used by anyone else and not be nearly as effective as it was in your hands. Now, if it had been blanket banned, or the darts had been restricted, we wouldn't know that. However, if the individual using it got a chance to at the beginning of the day, it would be understood that it wasn't /too/ good.

#233173 Whats Next For This Ls?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 May 2009 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

Do not single it. That is my suggestion. Anything else is really up to you. We have a modifications directory, and a whole thread dedicated to longshots.

#221166 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 01 April 2009 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

please put some clothes on, but on the plus side, you do have a shirt on.

ontopic: My current setup is running around with my Belt blaster in my apartment. the longest sightline is only 20 ft.

He's wearing clothes...I may be missing a huge amount of sarcasm though.

So that I pass as on topic:
Haven't had war experience to share my primary and sidearm, but at some upcoming wars, they are to be:

Primaries: PAS, Countess-like modded Max shot, Stormbringer, Splitfire, Plusbow, The New Firm

Sidearms: Lnl, Pistol splat

#221204 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 April 2009 - 08:32 AM in General Nerf

Extremejumpy is needing pants seriously how do you miss that. It's very disturbing. We need a photo filter for these types of things.

PRimaries:AT2K's, BBBB,AT3K's.

Sidearm:Brassed NF.

I may be wrong, but are those not plaid shorts? If they aren't, dude, put some pants on. But seriously...I think they're plaid shorts.

#224904 What Gun Should I Use In A Nerf War

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 21 April 2009 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

Hello I can't decide.

Then listen to alextwin and try each out. You'll never be able to decide unless you try. We cannot decide this for you.

#214758 Vulcan Problem

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 February 2009 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Ar removal actually does make a slight difference in ranges. However, it is more productive if you accompany it with other modifications suchs replacing the stock spring with one more powerful, or adding a spring, for that matter. You can also modify the source of power. Although this is not the most simple modification you can perform, using an r/c car battery can improve performace dramatically. Though I personally am not a huge fan of the Vulcan, do all those mods plus a 50 round belt and an increased capacity amo box (courtesy of SN), and you've got yourself a hell of a foam flinging machine gun.

I would definitey recommend doing the mods listed above. Also, maybe even a minimization. The gun is significantly lighter afterwards. Most important though, like durka durka said, make sure you can put it all back in place correctly. If you need to (and I would very much recommend this), take some detailed pics of the internals before removing anything from the gun. This way, you can refer to those for help if you need assistance in reassembling the gun.

EDIT- AssassinNF, nice point about stefan compatability. Even if ranges are not improved, that becomes a great benefit.

#214716 Vulcan Problem

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 February 2009 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I tried to push it in with my hand, but it's firmly stuck in the position.

I hate to say this, considering what hell opening up a Vulcan is, but you're going to have to open it up and take a look. I'd venture to say a piece has snapped inside, but I can only guess based upon a similar experience. Once you open it up, take pictures of anything that appears out of the ordinary, and then maybe we can help you diagnose the problem and find a solution. I'd recommend the search function, but I'm unaware of any threads regarding this.

#214720 Vulcan Problem

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 February 2009 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

Yeah, it's not exactly the most fun thing in the world. Especially when you need to open two in order to retrieve the part from one and put it in the other. It'll pay off, though. You may even want to do some simple mods while you have the gun open. Anyway, edit the pictures in once you've opened it, that way we'll be able to help out more. No problem, I try.

#214712 Vulcan Problem

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 February 2009 - 05:30 PM in Modifications

My brother actually had a similar problem with his vulcan. However, instead of being stuck in the out postition, the piece would not push outwards when firing and the belt would not advance. It turned out that a piece inside had snapped, and we replaced it with the same piece from another vulcan. I'm not sure if you could have a similar problem. Have you tried to manually push the piece back in?

#237069 Vos Pistol

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 18 June 2009 - 05:51 AM in Homemades

No. Black. I liked it before. Now...I'm sorry, it's just too "take-it-outside-and-get-shot-because-people-think-it's-a-real-gun." Work on getting some orange onto there. I mean, it's still kinda cool, I guess...the black brought down my feelings on it a bit.

#237194 Vos Pistol

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 18 June 2009 - 04:11 PM in Homemades

Sorry you guys arn't going for the black paint. I though Boltsniper's guns looks serious and professional and that's the look I was going for. I really don't mind it. Visual styling is not my thing, so if anyone has any suggestions for a better appearance than post away. But the one thing I will not do is add any orange, green, pink, purple, or anything that will make this gun look retarded (aka, like a toy). I know that if I walk around outside with it and show a bunch of overly concerned citizens then the cops might get a call about me, but I don't plan on actually doing that. Its a sacrifice I have to make due to the looks of the gun, I know, but I would rather do that than have a socially acceptable paint job.

I really don't know what you guys see in these neon colors.

We make them look like what they are...toys. I see what you were going for, but you aught to slap some orange duct tape on there when you're in public. That thing just looks menacing. It looks very sleak and proffesional, but the real main reason for us going so heavy on neon is that it keeps it looking like a toy (What it's suppost to look like), and less like a real firearm, which generally, in public places, causes a tad bit of dismay.

#227692 Unique Brass Breeching System

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 May 2009 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Cosmetics time.
Yeah, it was a bit of a wait, but I think it was well worth it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I haven’t shown Nerfrogue that it’s done yet…so you’ll get to see his reaction here. I think it came out pretty well. I hope you like it man, and everyone else for that matter.

By the way, just a note, this isn’t a commonality with my work. I’ve had a lot going on recently, being the only reason it was completed so late, and my customer understood this, so if you wish to have something done, just know that it will be done in a timely manner.

So…what do you guys think?

EDIT-By the way, the letters are intentionally not clean cut. Think about it..."Rogue"?

#222376 Unique Brass Breeching System

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 08 April 2009 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

Like the title says, this is a write-up on how to construct a breeching system using 9/16” brass as the main barrel that works with guns using CPVC couplers.

Before I get started, let me first say that the design for this breech is heavily based off FA_24’s “demon breech” used in his Countess writeup. My design is basically taking that one and making it work for those with CPVC couplers.

Ok, now let’s get started. I was recently commissioned to design a breech with a 9/16 main barrel that worked in the ½” CPVC coupler of his BBB. What I had known previously as many do as well is that ½” copper has the same or similar OD as CPVC, yet the same ID as 19/32” brass. It was therefore the perfect candidate to make the breech.

Alright, so first, you need to cut yourself 7” of ½” Copper tubing. This is all assuming you’re going to have an 8” main barrel. If not, it’s all proportional. (9” barrel; use an 8” piece of copper. So anyway, get yourself 7” of Copper tubing, and 8” of 9/16 brass. I lost the cool pics of it next to a ruler for some reason…but I have it from now on. Next, you need ½” of 9/16” brass:
Posted Image
And half an inch of 17/32””
Posted Image
And one full inch of ½” brass:
Posted Image
And finally, 6 ½ inches of ½” PVC. If you have Sch 20, that'd be the best, but if you had Sch 40, like I did, you’ll see how we deal with that in a bit:
Posted Image

Now, time to cut the breech opening. Trace yourself a breech opening with pencil 1” from the back of the PVC. I use a little paper template to trace this. You can just put some glue stick on the back and stick it where you want it on the PVC, and then trace from there. It works very nicely. Once you have it drawn, it’ll look like this:
Posted Image

Now, you can reverse this and the last step if you’d like, but this is the order I did them in. What you want to do now is drill out the PVC to fit the 1/2” Copper. The copper has an OD of about 5/8, maybe a bit less, but that’s the most accurate that I could achive with my drill bits available. Once drilled out, the copper should fit inside the PVC:
Posted Image
Now that it fits, you want to superglue it in place, as in the picture above. You should have about an inch of copper sticking out the back. Once it’s super glued (I used Zap-a-Gap, by the way), cut out your breech opening. It’s nice and easy, because you’re cutting through both at once. You want to be careful with your cutting though, make sure it turns out clean through the copper, or the 9/16 won’t slide through correctly.

Here’s a picture of the finished breech opening cut:
Posted Image
(It is yet to be cleaned up. That will come in part two later (Cosmetics)).

Now, you want to combine your little assembly of smaller pieces of brass. 1/2” inside of 17/32” inside of 9/16”. Here are a few pics of what it should look like when you’re done (Again, this part is heavily based off the “demon breech” and I take no credit for this part of the design):
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, put a bead of superglue around it, and push it into the rear of the Copper, with the ½” facing inwards:
Posted Image

While that’s drying, take the chance and put a few tightening rings around your 9/16” brass that’s going to be your main barrel. Once you’ve finished that and your glue has dried, congradulations! You are almost done. Test it out, see how the 9/16 is sliding in the Copper, make sure there are no restrictions in motion. Here’s a pic of where you should be now:

Posted Image
And open with a dart:
Posted Image

Now, this part is for those who are definitely using ONLY CPVC COUPLERS with this breech. This is for added stability, and will make sure your breech stays on correctly. Note, once you do this, the breech CANNOT be used with PVC couplers. Since I was specifically commissioned though to have this work with a specific gun using a CPVC coupler, I did this step. What you do is take a PVC coupler, and superglue it slid onto the back of the breech:
Posted Image

That will keep it extremely stable when used, as the copper will slide into the CPVC coupler, and the ½ PVC coupler will slide over it, creating both a double seal, and double the stability. Here’s a picture of the finished back of the breech:
Posted Image

And that’s it, you’re done. By the way, just to prove stability, I stuck the breech on this:
Posted Image
And shook it around like a maniac. It didn’t budge. Though it is also not difficult to remove from your gun if you please. Cosmetics will come much later as I need some more paint, but I figured I’d present this to the community. The lucky owner to be of this is also going to have his first time seeing this in the works when he reads this write-up, but I just couldn’t wait. I hope this helps those of you with CPVC couplers on all your guns wishing to use brass breeches.

Also, due to the fact that this is a variation of the “demon breech,” it shotgun loads like a dream. If the buyer requests, I will add some sort of grip to the front for opening and closing the breech, but personally, I prefer it like this. It keeps the weight of the breech towards the back, and helps even more to keep it from dislodging when you don’t wish for it to (Although I doubt this could happen anyway. Like I said, it’s very sturdy).

I hope the future owner as well as the rest of the community like this; Questions, comments, and criticism are appreciated.

EDIT-I'm not sure if this should've gone in the Modifications or Homemades section, as it was built for a modified blaster. If it's in the wrong place though, if an admin would please move it, that'd be great.

#222977 Unique Brass Breeching System

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 11 April 2009 - 01:21 PM in Modifications

That is amazing, very clean and functional, I also like the multiple barrel materials used =]

Thank you very much.

Thanks for clearing that up
Are you going to be selling these?

Thank you.
Yes, if I am comissioned to do so, I will make breeches like this to sell. However, I do not intend to make a sales thread or something of the sort for selling brass breeches. Put simply, I won't seek work, but if it comes to me, I will oblige. Basically, PM me, and we could work something out. I just don't wish to steal buisness from those around longer than I making brass breeches. This breech, I was comissioned to make, and I would be willing to do things of that nature, but nothing like my PETG breech sales thread.

Good job. I'm going to go make one of these now.

Sounds good. Good luck. As I said in the original writeup, be careful cutting the copper, as you want the 9/16 to still slide well through it.

1.Nice job.
2. Very unique.
3. Keep up the good work.

- Magic

1. Thank you
2. That was my goal, as I was comissioned to design and build something like this.
3. I intend to :)

What exactly did you use to drill out the pvc?

A 5/8 wood boring drillbit. That was the only option available to me at the time (My dad wasn't home to direct me to other things within his work shop. Like I said though, sch. 20 PVC would really do the job much, much nicer. I was working with what I had/could easily acquire though. Nowhere around me supplies sch. 20.

#222505 Unique Brass Breeching System

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 08 April 2009 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

Response time!

Outstanding work as usual my friend, well done. The write up looks very good also. Nice and simple--for simple guys like me!

He, thanks a lot man, I'm glad you like it. You of all people considering you're soon to be the lucky owner.

Very, very nice diamond back. Excellent work. Great use of parts.

Thank you very much. It was nice to have that little bit of knowledge that 1/2" copper fit into CPVC couplers, as that's the idea that this entire thing is based off of. I personally like the double seal/stability through utalizing the PVC coupler and copper.

Just to be sure, this can be used with CPVC because the PVC coupler goes over the CPVC coupler?

The breech was designed to work in a CPVC coupler, yes, because the segment of 1/2" copper protruding from the rear of the breech fits within the CPVC coupler, and the PVC coupler fits around it.

The only change I would suggest is soldering the two brass pieces and the copper pipe all together. Solder is substantially better than any glue.

Yeah, that's actually the exact same thing my dad said to me as he was reading the writeup. For this specific build though, I think the superglue will hold fine, but in future builds, I will take heed of that.

Nice clean mod, its nice to see a breach that fits on to cpvc...

-nerfbros

Thank you. Yep...that was the purpose. Rouge wanted it to be able to be used in his CPVC couplered BBB.

I use this system for just about every one of my breeched blaster(done with PETG though) . Very nice work with the write-up, easy to follow.

Care to explain it via PM? I'm interested in your methods in doing so, but I'd rather not de-rail the thread. And thanks, I try to keep my writeups as clear as possible.

Thanks for all the comments so far guys, even more would be greatly appreceated.

#286082 Ultimate Raider

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 26 September 2010 - 11:09 AM in Modifications

First, you can add springs,power stock,lots of different things to achieve 80 ft.

Have you completed these modifications at this point? I'd really love to see a video of this shooting 80 ft.

#225611 Tool For Tightening Rings?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 April 2009 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

like this one?

http://www.homedepot...uctId=100001470http://www.homedepot...uctId=100001470

Yes. Those would do the job.

Don't buy that one. It is listed at $144. You can get good ones for about $25.

Wow, didn't even notice. I just thought he meant a more general "Is this the kind of tool you use?" to which I'd answer yes. But no, if those are $144, don't get them...ever.

#225597 Tool For Tightening Rings?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 April 2009 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

like this one?

http://www.homedepot...uctId=100001470http://www.homedepot...uctId=100001470

Yes. Those would do the job.

#228630 The Xbow And Lnl Debate

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 06 May 2009 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

About range:
I figured I'd throw this in simply because I don't want to get flamed for saying that the +bow and SNAPbow have better ranges. I take range more at a standpoint of velocity, rather than in the respect of hitting someone from 120 ft. away, because unless you're very, very lucky, that's not happening mid-war). However, greater range translates to greater velocity. Greater velocity translates to the dart getting where it has to go faster, which translates to it being more difficult to dodge. A shot from an x-bow at 70 ft. is going to be easier to dodge than one from a SNAP or +bow, for example.

That is my doctrine 100%. Is this a complete coincidence, or have I mentioned this to you before?

Complete coincidence. Actually, if anyone, Alextwin and I have discussed the topic of range vs. velocity a few times. But no...I don't think you've ever mentioned it.

Oh, and what everyone's saying about SM1.5k's, they're kind of difficult to compare, seeing as they're two entirely different types of blaster. I have a 1.5k as well, and it's great. Better than x-bow ranges, better ROF, smaller package, etc. However, to compare it to a completely different style gun is hard, which is why I used the SNAPbow and +bow as points of comparison.

Also like other people have been saying: Stick with what suits you. (Even though I know this is not a "which gun is best thread" and that's not really what you're asking for.) It's relevant in that if an x-bow suits you perfectly, and it really is the gun for you, to you it may be worth that high price. However, if you're just purchasing it to say, "I have an x-bow," paying such a price is foolish. I got mine via trade, so I was pleased. Now I can go crazy on it and see what I can concoct out if it. Once I'm done and have used it in a war, only then can I give an absolute review on it.

#228590 The Xbow And Lnl Debate

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 06 May 2009 - 04:50 PM in General Nerf

I personally have not used my x-bow in a war, as I'm still working on it's war-readiness. It's not quite 100% yet. However, I must say it is quite comfortable, even though comparatively, a +bow or SNAPbow has a much larger grip. Yes, I do understand the prices for which they go. However, I don't necessarily agree with them. I personally own and use a SNAPbow. Namely, The New Firm. I'll edit a link in in a second. Comparitavely, like most SNAPbows and +bows, it gets far better ranges than most xbows, is just as accurate if not more so, and due to the pipe insulation foam I used on the stock and cheek-rest portion of the stock, it's quite comfortable. To answer your question though, yes, I think it carries with it prestige, which makes it achieve such rediculous price tags. Yes, it is a great blaster, but so are the analogs of it, and they are far more inexpensive.

Lock n' Loads are also great blasters. I have one, and I love it. It has a great feel to it, is quite easily holsterable, is simple, and gets good ranges (even though ranges don't really give you much. See below for my feeling on ranges). Comparitavely to a nitefinder, they're the same ability wise. Range is similar (assuming both were modded at the same level), accuracy is probably similar, and the nf is also fairly simplistic once modded. I also am quite partial to the grip of a nitefinder. While it does require minimization to holster, it's a great pistol as well. I got my LnL fairly cheap, so I really can't say anything for the prices, but I can vouch for its preformance.

About range:
I figured I'd throw this in simply because I don't want to get flamed for saying that the +bow and SNAPbow have better ranges. I take range more at a standpoint of velocity, rather than in the respect of hitting someone from 120 ft. away, because unless you're very, very lucky, that's not happening mid-war). However, greater range translates to greater velocity. Greater velocity translates to the dart getting where it has to go faster, which translates to it being more difficult to dodge. A shot from an x-bow at 70 ft. is going to be easier to dodge than one from a SNAP or +bow, for example.

Also, with what everyone is saying regarding the ability to fix an x-bow easily and replace parts, the SNAPbow and +bow fall into that catagory as well...so it's not necessarily an advantage of the x-bow over its analogs.

Ok, that's it for my lengthy, lengthy opinion.

#234898 The Ultimate Doubleshot

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 07 June 2009 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

Post removed. Don't want to get called out for fueling the fire here or sounding like an ass (Kinda realized I did when I re-read my post). But I think we all get now that that portion of the writeup was missed, so it doesn't need to be thrown in people's faces anymore. I think it was very smart to use only stock springs. It's not the kinda gun you need too much range out of.

#234877 The Ultimate Doubleshot

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 07 June 2009 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Good work, and great writeup. I like it. Not my taste, but it's very well done. I'd be careful about that connection point though of the NF handle to the PASes. In general though, it looks great.

Same question as Draconis. How is it to prime?

#265246 The Tornadobow

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 13 February 2010 - 04:50 PM in Homemades

I 100% agree with your first point...Tornado shells are absolutely more comfy than X-bows. Looks awesome. I had gone the easier route and slapped a 3k tank into mine, and it was great, but this is more what I would've liked to do thinking back. Can't wait to see final range results once that catch is fixed up. And that ~100' you have now, is that with slug darts or slingshot weighted ones?

#230911 The Soulreaper

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 May 2009 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Wow, I have to say. Originally, I more skimmed through, noticing cleanliness and got the basic idea. Now, I've actually read through it, and that picture makes it so much easier to understand. Again, I must say nice work, and like those before me, thank you. I will be re-creating this as an option opposed to my manual breech seen here (Insert link in a moment). That way I have multiple options. I must say, one plus for me is that it's removable. I really like that about it, and that was one of my main goals.

Another was something else that you accomplished. Having a portion of the breech slide into the plunger tube. Well executed, again. I am so glad to see all of my ideas done out so beautifully (Even though they came from your head for this project), but you have no idea how similar this is exactly to what I was designing. Your design though is much simpler, I believe. Mine was a bit complicated, but I think I will go through with it at some point, just to see. Anyway, again, nice work. Sorry I double posted, but that picture really did help my understanding of this breech's operation.

Thank you so much for all the compliments :rolleyes: Good luck with your designs.
Also, I don't see any double-posts...

Thanks.
Well, not in succession...but earlier in the thread. Haven't quite figured out yet if that's acceptable or not.

#230895 The Soulreaper

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 May 2009 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

One more thing: Combine that with this.

That would be freaking awesome.

Anyway, as for buying the breeches, sure, I would, but I'm also working currently on my own.

Hah, cheezypizza beat me to it.

#230860 The Soulreaper

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 May 2009 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

God damn it. There goes my contest entry.

And no, that's not all I have to say. This looks great. Well executed, and the ranges are very nice for the stock spring. At least the creation that void mine's originality in the contest was well done. Much better than if some noob had slapped an ugly ass breech on one of these, making mine "unoriginal."

My friend and I have been discussing something of the sort for a time now, and have designed breeches, setups, etc. The goal of it was exactly what you said, to compete with the doomsayer. However, it's main purpose was to replace the doomsayer in wars that it's banned, maintaining power and ROF.

Another goal of ours was to make it removable, which I see you've accomplished here as well.

I like the ammo holders, by the way.

Hell, this saves me a lot of work. Nice, nice job.

Also, change the name. Ice named his Doomsayer this. Better yet, tell him to change his Doomsayer's name. I just figured I'd give you the heads up...better know now than find out later...

#230904 The Soulreaper

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 May 2009 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

Wow, I have to say. Originally, I more skimmed through, noticing cleanliness and got the basic idea. Now, I've actually read through it, and that picture makes it so much easier to understand. Again, I must say nice work, and like those before me, thank you. I will be re-creating this as an option opposed to my manual breech seen here (Insert link in a moment). That way I have multiple options. I must say, one plus for me is that it's removable. I really like that about it, and that was one of my main goals.

Another was something else that you accomplished. Having a portion of the breech slide into the plunger tube. Well executed, again. I am so glad to see all of my ideas done out so beautifully (Even though they came from your head for this project), but you have no idea how similar this is exactly to what I was designing. Your design though is much simpler, I believe. Mine was a bit complicated, but I think I will go through with it at some point, just to see. Anyway, again, nice work. Sorry I double posted, but that picture really did help my understanding of this breech's operation.

#230923 The Soulreaper

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 May 2009 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

I think this mod deserves a spot in my sig.

I think this mod deserves to be entered in the modification contest.

No, no. Slow down. Don't enter it. Yes, it deserves it, but don't enter it yet. What people aren't realizing is that anything that they submit from now until the deadline is eligable. What if you come up with something even better along the way, and this is already entered? People are rushing to submit things when they could have a stroke of genius later. This saves the idea, and gets it out there. So now you can enter it whenever you want. He'd also need a writeup.

I'll have to agree with angel, a writeup is most certainly in order. I may be willing to purchase the other one if you make another...

And for me, it does outdo the K9special. Although I really like both blasters, this can swap clips, rather than having to reload a full one after you take all of your shots with the K9special.

Here's that link I promised, by the way: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=16332

That's my manual breech that I plan on having to interchange with my pump actuated one when I finally make it.

#300217 The SNAP/Revolution

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 20 June 2011 - 11:13 AM in Homemades

No I will be fine I'm an experienced nerf modder just a new member to nerfhaven. But I just wanted to make sure the supplies were the same as say the snap one I should be able to make this in around an hour and a half anyway thanks for the help. Once again nice job carbon

I'm very anxious to see pictures once you've completed your build.

Also, Carbon, this is very, very cool. When I saw the initial pictures I was very confused as to the "Revolution" of it all. I'm glad this is what it turned out to be, though. The over-all design is very interesting, and looks to be rather sound in every way. The only two potential points of irritation that I see are acquiring 3/4" thin-walled PVC, and cutting slots. Of course though, they're really not all that much of a nuisance. Great work, I'll certainly building one once the contest is over (I won't have the time until then)...

#300220 The SNAP/Revolution

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 20 June 2011 - 11:42 AM in Homemades

To clarify, you don't have to use thinwall for the front part of the plunger. I used thinwall because 1. I had it, 2. it's easier to cut slots in thinwall with the bit I have, and 3. for the weight advantage. Schedule 40 would work just fine.

As far as the slots, I was trying to keep them as non-annoying as possible. The front slots don't need to be very accurate, just big so as to keep the spring rest clear. The back slots could be cut with a saw, since they're open to the end of the tube.

Gotcha. Yeah, slots aren't to bad, particularly if you drill a series of holes and then just connect the dots.

#231406 The Rogue "sereph"

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 19 May 2009 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

I think that the fact that it’s modular give it a huge advantage.

I just figured I'd second this. If it weren't modular, I would never use it. It'd be way too bulky to permanently have on the bottom of your blaster. However, the modularity (if that's even a word) of this gives it advantages that other integrations do not. Specialized for certain rounds, game types, etc.

In saying that, I like it. I like it very much, and I wish you luck in the contest, but again, having it be modular was one of the more important points to me.