rawray7's Content

There have been 533 items by rawray7 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59195 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by rawray7 on 13 July 2005 - 12:29 AM in Off Topic

about two days ago, i installed it on two computers within minutes of each other with the same username, and i'm noticing today that "rawray7" has two different user names, runs two different types of work units, and both cpus think they are cpu:01. this computer shows me things like "250000 out of 500000 <50>", and the other one says stuff like "frame completed <9>". i'm confused on how to consolidate my resources. also, its been like 18 hours since i finished my first unit on this computer and i'm still not on the boards.

#59272 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by rawray7 on 14 July 2005 - 12:13 AM in Off Topic

Edit: what exactly do you mean by "rawray7" having two different user names? If you mean the hash value after the connection attempt, that's normal. Also normal for both machines to be cpu:01 - that's to distinguish the CPUs for multi-processor machines.

i mean my user ID # (1CAB516...) is different on the other computer (1CAC412...). maybe that number regenerates every time...i should write it down. once the other computer finishes a work unit, i'm sure i can troubleshoot it. i know i spelled the name the same way.

#7250 Avatars

Posted by rawray7 on 21 July 2003 - 06:36 PM in Site Feedback

quick julie! the man's starving for a megaman icon.

taber_man, believe me: you don't need a megaman icon.

#23952 The Lglf Official Guide To Stefan Making

Posted by rawray7 on 10 April 2004 - 10:10 PM in Articles

While I do comment that the stuff from loghelp.com is crap in my article, it is what cxwq and a few other west coast nerfers use, and they all use PETG over there, so you may want to try that. Other than that, just try and find every available brand and bring some of your barrel material with you to see how it fits. If you tear a hole just big enough for the foam in the bag, none of the clerks are going to give you a hard time about it.

yeah loghelp is really inconsistent in sizes, even amongst socal kids it varies greatly in size.

#29118 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by rawray7 on 22 June 2004 - 12:12 AM in General Nerf

Ehh, no offense but those guns kinda look cheesy. It kinda seems like they are trying too hard.

Besides that i think the new guns are gonna be awesome. IM kinda skeptical of the designs, but meh.

Thanks for the pics though.

i disagree. that pistol makes up for any cheesy look on the others. the 6 barreled one doesn't look to bad either. that pistol is just soooo cool. i can't wait for that pistol...it's like, cool looking already. very few guns have that quality. (crossbow you have to take off the bow, LnL the top, i guess the nightfinder looks pretty sweet on it's own.)

thanks a load talio...i can't wait.

#49368 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by rawray7 on 11 March 2005 - 11:56 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#83614 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 22 June 2006 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I will most likely not be at this war. I just got off my cane about a week ago, and while I can walk independently now, I can't move very quickly. If I do come out there though I'm going to go terminator on all of your asses, seeing as how I'm a bionic man now. As well, I'm not even positive I will be in town that weekend. If I'm around, I will try to make it down, but I can't promise anything at this point. This is pretty much the last war before I move into enemy territory (New Jersey) for four years, so if I can't make this I might force you guys to nerf in August. Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted and cross my fingers.

#75590 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 08 March 2006 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

1st two weekends of July (1st, 8th) are a definate no-go for me. I know nothing for sure about the rest of my july, but i think the 22 and 29 look okay.

East Coast Sucks. I'm ready for a bona fide feud. Although, there could be some serious controversy if I ended up in New Jersey for the next four years...I could be the first trans-continental nerfer in HISTORY! If I were in New Jersey for college, I might have a serious nerfing identity crisis.

Left Coast Rules.

#84869 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 12 July 2006 - 01:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there - probably filming for whoever wants to give me their camera. Or I'll be hobbling around kicking all of your asses. Who's bringing the Coronas?

#1969 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle - C02 Powered

Posted by rawray7 on 03 March 2003 - 07:33 PM in Homemades

that bolt idea is very nice. i am now inspired to change the way i have been going about attempting bolt-action.

#17575 Canada Anyone?

Posted by rawray7 on 30 January 2004 - 02:00 AM in Nerf Wars

No I don't, I live in Califo...

Oh, you must be talking about someone else.

Carry on.

hahaha, you're just the king of subtle ownage, kevin.

#5583 New Jersey Apocalypse

Posted by rawray7 on 10 June 2003 - 10:06 PM in Nerf Wars

cxwq, the people posting in this topic live in the 2% that isn't part of the National New Jersey Landfill Land Eating Corporation (owned by Coca Cola)

#32212 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by rawray7 on 23 July 2004 - 10:30 PM in General Nerf

looks like '7's on the tips will have to do.

could you please test it in:

1/2" sch. 40 PVC
1/2" sch. 80 PVC
1/2" brass
17/32" brass
9/16" brass
19/32" brass
PETG
CPVC

(don't buy all that brass just take the sample to the hobby store)

if you could describe the fit with words like snug, glides, twists in, falls through, as opposed to "fits" "doesn't fit" that would be wonderful. (i'm sure this is just common sense, but i'm just reminding you)

#32156 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by rawray7 on 22 July 2004 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

zack, i would buy 300-500' (depending on how many people in my neighborhood are interested) given that it's not more than 2x loghelp price by the foot, or cut in 2.5" (never been coiled would be nice). in any case i'll be buying some just because its red. oh, and could i get a custom color if i ordered a shitload? if every dart i owned was a light blue, people like bobert would be easier to catch..hehe.

#4018 Sigs

Posted by rawray7 on 25 April 2003 - 11:57 PM in Site Feedback

Ah, cxqw, good to know you're one of us. I know you live in California, so you best be voting Green this next Presidential election; you know, maybe get them that 5% needed for federal funding, and maybe scare some Democrats.

i think many people were afraid to vote Green in 2000 because they felt they didn't have a chance. when the green and democratic parties are so closely related, it really hurts them both. i mean, people who would like to vote nader felt that since he didn't have a chance, they would only be hurting gore; who they liked loads more than bush. so, they voted gore when in fact they would have been happier with nader in office.

#45719 Nerf World Order

Posted by rawray7 on 08 January 2005 - 06:59 PM in News

I think the karma system is good, but

The NH border should be a solid, steel door, not one with a doggy flap.

Thats wrong. If you close the doors then it discourages new people to come into nerf. I'm sure we all want nerf to grow into an olympic sport (atleast me ^_^ ). Correct me if im wrong Cxwq but I thought NH was a place where people get help on modding, ask questions, share ideas, sell guns, and meet other people that share a common hobby. Going out and searching for good people isn't a good idea. What about the people that aren't elite just want to join this community(like me) New people is what keeps nerf alive. Cxwq I think that you should have something to tell the people that want to sign up during this time to wait, explaining them the karma system being introduced.

God you suck. i'm going to say this so vacc and cxwq don't have to say it a fifth time.

This website does not care about introducing new people to the sport of nerf. You are correct, new people is what keeps nerf alive, and those new people will simply go to the other forums for now.

It was members of this forums, not the administrators, who mentioned anything about scouting. The administration of these forums do not promote scouting, so stop arguing for or against it. Your last post is a moot point, because any fucking retard can read the very first thing on the main page, which for you and i at this moment, happens to be the first post of this thread.

to everyone else: stop posting in this thread, read every fucking comment and every fucking response before you prove that you're retarded by posting. nothing you say will change cxwq or vacc's mind.

#45527 Nerf World Order

Posted by rawray7 on 05 January 2005 - 11:50 PM in News

I'm very tired and futiged right now, so the qaulity of this post will most likely be low...

This is a perfect example of why we need to tighten up our border patrol. Who starts a post like that?

only a dirty immigrant.

Halfling~
Get your half-nerf ass out of our country you dirty crossbreed. solicit your services over on the newb side of the border...and stop trying to steal our jobs.

In full support of the admins via Langley's statement, border patrol is necessary. I'm throwing on a cowboy hat and heading down t' san diego to cetch me some n00bs. C'mon y'all.

#15303 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 30 December 2003 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmm, the lone dissenter. What about it guys, who would NOT be able to come if it were the 21 or 22nd? I'd like you to be able to come Ray seeing as how you missed the last one and all.

Ray, you just need to quit all of your extracurricular activities and cease all functions from which you derive enjoyment and fulfillment. It's making my scheduling difficult, ok?

well...there's still a chance i could nerf that weekend. i need to find out what day(s) i fence. it 28/29 is better for everyone else, go for it, and i'll try to make it. you're damn right about those extracurricular activites, i should just quit everything and become a professional nerfer.

#16331 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 13 January 2004 - 08:44 PM in Nerf Wars

alright, well, i'm for sure not able to attend this one. sorry about that guys.

#15162 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 28 December 2003 - 01:09 AM in Nerf Wars

interested and busy, as usual. so let's get an array of possible dates, and i'll talk to my people.

#15266 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 30 December 2003 - 02:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey if it's on the 28th...sleepover at Cx's!!  Or Spoons....

usually inviting yourself over to other people's houses doesn't work well.

i believe i'm going to be in san diego the last weekend of february...and there's a small chance i'll be able to nerf while i'm there, i'll be down there for a fencing tournament. well, i'll talk to my mom about what that trip entitiles, maybe we could rock an SDNO that weekend, and save steve's mom some driving. i'll talk to my mom about that possibility tomorrow. as for me in the greater los angeles area, i'd prefer the weekend of the 21/22, preferably the 22. shit, i'll have my license by then. sweet.

#15218 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 29 December 2003 - 01:26 AM in Nerf Wars

On a completely different note, for the next war, I've decided to use Jon as a walking turret and load my self up with 3 or 4 PC's, this should bet interesting.

finally! someone to use jon for what he really is: a walking turret. hehe, brings back fond memories of "the beast" and it's eternal damnation along with the rest of the homemades, "but spoon said there was a loophole!"

#28425 Code Of Conduct

Posted by rawray7 on 13 June 2004 - 05:44 PM in Site Feedback

Back to the Code of Conduct, I think one of the main reasons why people act like such (yes, including me) when they first come is because we're so used to just clicking the 'I agree' button and continuing on, because most Code of Conducts are the same. However, people tend to forget what "don't be an idiot" means after they've agreed for the fiftieth time. If there is some way to emphasize the reading of the Code of Conduct when people first join, I think the forum will be more newb-friendly, and there will be less flaming in general (perhaps...).

AA

i think i've stumbled across an ingenious method of accomplishing just that! now, what you do is, you administer new members a "test" on the code of coduct. if they pass, then they are allowed to register; if they fail, we kill them.

sample questions:
1)stay on topic, true or false?
2)Use capitalization and __________ correctly
A. Jesus B. Food C.Punctuated Equilibrium D.Punctuation

"Sophisticated...God, I'm sophisticated!"

#27795 Code Of Conduct

Posted by rawray7 on 05 June 2004 - 03:50 PM in Site Feedback

Bit Torrent is your friend.

agreed. after famine posted it a few days ago i checked it out, it lacks all the qualities i refused to get kazaa for. so cool, thanks guys. my one question about bit torrent, i know that the "seeds" on suprnova.org are how many people are downloading, and the more there are, the faster you'll get it because you upload as you download etc... do you also upload once the file is done, and do you have to set a property to upload, or do you upload whenever your running bittorrent?

-sorry to get off topic

#27113 Code Of Conduct

Posted by rawray7 on 27 May 2004 - 04:26 PM in Site Feedback

...And the legend of .:Blue Ice:. lives on, in every poll. As the last option.

THIRST

last, and (on so many levels) least.

#52605 Armageddon 2005

Posted by rawray7 on 15 April 2005 - 10:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, no Spoon is a deal-breaker so lets adjust the window of possibilities.

7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/6

Start over.

i'm game for those july dates, i might have a little trouble with the 6th of august.

#58949 Armageddon 2005

Posted by rawray7 on 09 July 2005 - 01:07 PM in Nerf Wars

one. maybe two.

#59819 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by rawray7 on 21 July 2005 - 11:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Joe Satriani - Sleep Walk (maybe not the pace you're looking for, but i think it would be appropriate for some of the CAFF action ie slow)

Haiducii - Dragostea Din Tea (this is also performed by O-Zone)

Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta

#22485 NerfHaven: Tribal Council

Posted by rawray7 on 26 March 2004 - 06:22 PM in Site Feedback

I did measure it with a tape measure anyways and the results ARE true. I just changed the measurements because no one would believe me which started to get annoying...so I brought down the meaurements to satisfy some people. The point is, what I did...does it really warrant a banning.

i voted XCALIBUR because of his whiny post about how he shouldn't get banned. i didn't even hear the whole story about him lying about results until now. i think its funny that he claims he lowered the "real results" to make it seem realistic. hehe.

Did I plagarize Zero talens rapidfire 20 mod and say it was mine....I did not do that.........

now wait a minute, no one banned him. he was simply "given 9999 days to think about it" that is in no way a banning. in fact XCALIBUR, you'll be lucky if you get such a generous punishment, a little time off, to make sure that you're still interested in nerf when your 37.39 years old, assuming you're 10 now.

#5173 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 31 May 2003 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

what's the latest with armageddon? is VACC showing up? will the Spoon Vs. VACC invitational grudge match happen? what's the headcount? i think my party will be a total of 5.

edit: i'm planning on being able to do a 'kip'(aka: the chinese get up) by the time armageddon comes around. i think that in a few seconds everyone will realize how cool it is and it'll become the new trend, so start working on it.

#3598 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 17 April 2003 - 11:29 PM in Nerf Wars

i should be able to make it. hopefully with a full car this time. is the war time going to be the usual 9-5, or the traditional extended daylight savings armageddon war time: 9-6? getting a ride should be fine, and i am really hoping that we can get some neighborhood driving participation besides my dad; but it should all work out fine by the war date.

VACC, i miss you. it will break my heart if you don't come out to Armageddon. Get up off your couch, give your tv a break, and come out here and war. i will do whatever i possibly can to see to it that you war with us in June.

#5234 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 02 June 2003 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

27 then. this sounds rockin'.

#3772 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 21 April 2003 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Or, I get my Bass petal for my Bass. Which I would love more then anything right now. Seeing as how I want to add distortion to my Bass.

wha! bass + distortion = loser.

During the week would raise tons of ride problems, most kids' parents work during the week.

amen to that, brutha'

I'm thinking Saturday at this point. Nobody does anything on Sunday so that gives people time to recover afterwards.

agreed, sunday is no good for 10 hours of nerf. too tiring.

#4511 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 13 May 2003 - 12:36 AM in Nerf Wars

spoon vs. vacc grudge match? oh man, i am dying to be a part of this.

i think that the war layout sounds great. i should be able to make both dates, and rides shouldn't be a problem. since it's the summer i am aiming at bringing 5 nerfers total, plus or minus three like usual.

#6040 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 25 June 2003 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

gr00vz0r, are you in LA yet?

okay, we will either be 3 or 4, and we are set for rides...if my mom doesn't get flakey (for some reason, my mom is just as fine driving all the way as halfway, so she's gunna bring us all the way in the morning, and then my friend's mom will get us around 6. thanks for the ride offer though, cxwq.) we'll need a ride to lunch, and a car to put our shit in during lunch, but i'm sure that won't be a problem.

#6130 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 27 June 2003 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

i'm down to 3 total for my group. i have a feeling we're going to have to be ammo-swindlers.

#6093 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 26 June 2003 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

yes
4 Deerfield, Irvine, CA 92604

#6044 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 26 June 2003 - 12:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

there, i pointed me out.

#5883 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 21 June 2003 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

okay, well...my 5 is down to 4. and my 4 may be down to zero, seeing as how (and i wasn't aware of this until yesterday) my dad is going to be out of town, and in the past no one besides my dad has been willing to make the trek. i've got 7 days to work it out though, and it should be fine. if we do make it down, i promise we'll be sporting some airtechs, and i'll be busting out my blue nerfhaven baseball tee.

is vacc coming or not?

#5722 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 15 June 2003 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

it going to be pretty hard to nerf with only one arm, one leg and one testicle. but at least you'll get them back at the end of the summer from your employer.

i'm still in. 4-5 total headcount.