JayDako's Content

There have been 19 items by JayDako (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#355647 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 19 August 2016 - 12:55 PM in General Nerf

Dude.  Did you miss everything I just said about being told to buy new stuff and how I can't afford to go out and buy stuff?

#355637 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 19 August 2016 - 02:08 AM in General Nerf

I'm sorry for the attitude folks.  

I understand the gun is outdated and those darts aren't really around anymore.  This is the only thrift store in town and the first time I ever saw nerf guns in it, and thus these are the first guns I owned.  I mainly bought them to just screw around with my friends when they have indoor fights at this one guy's house while the fog machine is on.  I like the feel of the speedload 6 and I figured it could be enjoyable for some target practice.  I don't want to chuck it in the trash or just have it take up space though so I needed a way to justify the money spent.  I am not trying to be competitive with other models really, and the kind of guns my friends are using are these single shot buzzbee pistols (I think buzzbee) that look like they would break if you look at them funny.  I can't afford to invest a lot of money in different guns, and don't have the space.  Rather than the honda accord example, it is more like trying to find a way to configure a program on an older OS, then get told to just spend the money to upgrade cause it is easier even though I don't have the money to do that.  I really can't just drop $20 very often.  I give myself a $150 monthly budget for luxury and that includes gas for my truck.  So, $20 for the three guns, plus two board games I wanted that were complete, were a great find since this thrift store is small and only really gets scratched DVDs, old clothes, and kitchenware.  

I just hate to think I wasted my money, since even though they are not top quality, I enjoy the recon and the vulcan.  Sure their FPS or whatever is low but I am not doing war games out in a big field.  This is indoor close quarter stuff.  I simply don't need something that shoots a hundred feet.  I figured there had to be someone still making those darts, even at a dollar store or something.  

I have to hunt around on ebay.ca, not .com cause I am in canada and some things simply don't carry over to our end.  The USC looks good for the price and I am just hoping the head is strong enough for the speedload 6.  Also once a dart jams, is it just trash?  Cause I noticed that after one jam, the guns wont fire them any more and they just slide out of the barrel.

Sorry again folks.  It's just that being told to buy a better one reminds me of all the times I get told to buy the best and newest PC parts.  I simply can't do that.  I was raised to use something until it is worn out, and only then do you replace it.  So I guess the attachment to the gun is that I spent money to get it, not throw it away.  I have to make use of it.  No throwing money in the trash.

#355623 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 18 August 2016 - 08:49 PM in General Nerf

None of this is helping me get non-streamlined suction darts for the speedloader.  Telling me to get rid of it and get something else is not something I am interested in at all.  I will get USCs for the other two but I am not abandoning the speedloader.  With that cheap looking fat headed suction dart, it loads and fires just fine.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVFfQaPUiGI  This guy seems to really like the Speedload 6.  I don't understand the hate.  I just assume it is jamming cause I use broken dart.

I don't know how to make that into a working link on here.  Sorry.

#355649 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 19 August 2016 - 01:21 PM in General Nerf

Well, the recon can use streamlines and the vulcan seems to be able to handle it with the way it is set up.  The only time it jammed was when I put a bent dart in it.

#355651 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 19 August 2016 - 02:46 PM in General Nerf

I think I might try to just sell the speedload 6 to someone and get something out of it.  I enjoy the feel of it, but if I can't get any use out of it then I don't know.  I was messing around with my vulcan and yeah, streamlines work just fine with it.  At least those weird knockoffs that are streamline in shape work fine.  I have a few whistler but they are in terrible condition.  

#355832 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 26 August 2016 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

I DID get USC darts.  They are coming in the mail.  This was to just try out these off brand.

Update:  Not a bump just an update.  The Recon CS-6 is actually tearing the gray and green buzzbee darts.

#355830 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 26 August 2016 - 05:48 PM in General Nerf

At the gorcery store, I found some collared suction darts.  Air Warriors Refill pack.  24 pack.  Says they are from BuzzBeeToys.  They are working great in the speedload 6.  I also picked up a 14 pack of Air Warriors Ultra Tek refill pack.  Streamlined, gray with green cups.  The collared ones cost me about $20 for 104 darts total.  

#355664 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 20 August 2016 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

I bought the USC darts.  I plan on unloading the speedload 6 on someone.  I doubt I will buy more guns at the moment.  You also can't really load in the barrel in that thing as when you rack it back, a little bit of plastic moves to block the barrel.  But hey, it's fine.  I will just find someone to load it off on.  As I figure it now, I paid $20 canadianfor the vulcan and got the other two as a bonus.  By the way, here is something ridiculous.  https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B003H9MTJ6

I am actually having a lot of fun with the vulcan, and that's really what it is about.  Having fun. 

#355611 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 17 August 2016 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

so those fat headed ones I linked are simply impossible to get?  Cause they are loading into the speedloader and firing just fine.  I guess I can try the USC and hope they don't jam.  Those red ones jam, I think, because of the weird heads.  Alright, I'll get a big pack of USC darts for now.  Thanks.

#355605 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 17 August 2016 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

The speedload 6 seem to be able to handle those suction cup darts I show.  The ones with the fat heads.  It is shooting it out with no problem really.  Where do I get more of those then cause the more streamlined things are jamming constantly, unless I side load through the breach.

#355555 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 15 August 2016 - 10:51 PM in General Nerf

http://imgur.com/a/v1bpE These are what the box came with.  I am not sure about flipping these guns as they seem fun.  they are just for me and my friends messing around.  The vulcan may not be great but I have wanted one for years cause of the look.  

Can I use any other rounds though or do I have to use these ones?  By which I mean, with these specific guns, which rounds can they NOT use and which can they use?  I need the ones that are compatible.

By the way, at my friend's place we are stupid and play indoors with a fog machine.  This is what he wants though.

the Recon wont rack the suction cup darts I have though.

Update:  Those suction cup ones jammed in my speedshot 6 and I cut my finger a bit trying to get it out.

Update:  Unjamming that one dart made it no longer able to fire.  I think it may be the glue on the head so it no longer makes a seal but, I don't know.

#355552 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 15 August 2016 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

Okay, so at the thrift store I saw a box of nerf guns for $20 all together.  A Vulcan EBF-25, Recon CS-6, and one that just says Dart Tag on it but when I looked online it appears to be a Speedload 6.  All of these are complete and seem to work.  The few rounds in the box were in bad shape and I have no idea if they are even the proper rounds.  there are some pink ones with round black heads, red ones with red heads in a six pointed star shape, and pink ones with suction cups on top.  I know nothing about names of the bullets and which ones I should buy for which gun the next time I go to Walmart.  I want avoid jamming as much as possible.

Also, on the recon, I don't really understand how this flip-up sight works.  I know it is just me being dumb, but I don't get what this little round bit that slides up and down the sight is used for at all.

I don't know anything about modding or if I should even mod these in any way.  Can any of these be used with suction cup bullets so my 6 year old nephew can stick shots to walls?  He likes that.  The more round tip ones would be more for me and my friends.  I am tired of being stuck with his spare gun with the little bee on the logo.

#355587 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 17 August 2016 - 02:19 PM in General Nerf

Sorry about that.  Okay so I should just buy these?  http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=koosh+darts&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xnerf+sucker+darts.TRS1&_nkw=nerf+sucker+darts&_sacat=0 Are they all the same and just different colours, or is that red one the most recommended?  They seem fun, but I am also curious on whether or not I should buy an extra ammo belt for the vulcan.  So I shouldn't bother with those ones with the round tips then and just get these?  The red ones in the photo I linked with the 6 pointed cross heads still baffle me on where they are from.  Oh also, my vulcan jammed and it was a real pain getting the dart out of it.  It was stuck in there good and there is no easy way to clear that gun.  Still though, I like it.  I guess I should stop loading the darts that came folded in half, though I was able to fire them before.

#355575 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 17 August 2016 - 12:52 AM in General Nerf

Nothing?  I just want to use the appropriate darts in the right guns so I don't jam up.  I linked to what I have.  I waited a day.  Yes I see the thing about those black sticky darts and USC but I need to know if they can be put into all three guns, or if I need something different for each one.

#355594 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 17 August 2016 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

I just tried the red ones I have in the speedloader one and it keeps bending as it is loaded and jams up constantly but they word fine in the recon.  http://imgur.com/a/DDeKm here is a picture of the dart image on the dart tag speedload 6.  The recon also says streamline darts only.  So just get the USC and they SHOULD work with all three as it is a universal dart, right?  I know these are older generation but for $20 for all three, and just casual use with three or four friends in an indoor area, it should be fine.

#355600 Just bought three nerf guns and I have some questions

Posted by JayDako on 17 August 2016 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Well, I am having fun with the speedload 6 and I don't want it just sitting around and collecting dust.  It seems to be able to load collar head suction darts so I guess I have to find those.  I only know how to get those streamline USC ones.

#353676 Help with repair

Posted by JayDako on 22 May 2016 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

So uhm yeah, and I am afraid of taking it apart and not being able to put it together.  Again, secret shot 2.  Yeah the dart moves a little bit but there is no force at all when I fire.  I think I hear a hiss sound when I hold it to my ear.  So is it safe to take it apart and what tools would I need to fix it?

#353679 Help with repair

Posted by JayDako on 22 May 2016 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

Huh.  Okay so there is nothing I can really do then?  It's just dead and just for my nephew to run around with and say bang?

#353671 Help with repair

Posted by JayDako on 22 May 2016 - 06:02 PM in General Nerf

Hey folks new here.  Years ago my dad was given a Secret Shot II as a gag gift.  Me and a kid I was babysitting were playing around and I think it got over pumped because now it wont fire.  This is now, many years later, I found it and decided I want to fix it but I have no idea where to start.  I know literally nothing about this stuff but I just want it to work.  

So yeah, Secret Shot II.  Totally stock.  Will not hold any air pressure to be able to fire.  Need to know how to fix this and I am totally a layman here.  I know nothing about the inner workings of this thing.