Spectre2689's Content

There have been 414 items by Spectre2689 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#14085 Hey Hey

Posted by Spectre2689 on 11 December 2003 - 03:39 PM in General Nerf

Hey guys, I just registered on these forums (obviously...). My friend (Sylent_Blade on the forums) got me into Nerfing, and damn is it fun. I'm trying to successfully mod a Blastfire, but so many freakin things have gone wrong that I think it's posessed. If you want a full list of the wrong-goings, lemme know and I'll get back to you in a couple days.

My interests include playing the guitar, watching old people on icy sidewalks, cheese and penguins (together or seperate), and chewing glass shards. I enjoy long walks on the beach, but only if the sand isn't burning and there's an angry pitchfork-wielding mod following me.

Other than that...I really don't know what to say. Accept me? Please?! AAACCEEEPT MEEE!!!

#14193 Hey Hey

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 December 2003 - 03:48 PM in General Nerf

Holy crap. I don't think I've ever had such an eventful welcoming. I vomitted in terror, threw stones at ferrets, and spit on people walking past my house after reading this thread. And now I cry, partially because more than half of you sound like complete and utter morons (don't take that in a bad way, for me it's a good thing), and the rest of you belong in the Special Olympics :huh: KIDDING. But yeah, thanks everyone for the lukewarm welcome. I think I'm gonna have some fun with you people...

#14220 Why Do You Nerf?

Posted by Spectre2689 on 12 December 2003 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

It's fun, and it's a great way to vent your anger. Well, unless your modding a gun of course. Then it's a health hazard (ex. spring in your eye, licking a glue gun (??), exacto knife through the finger, etc...) But yeah, great waste of time.

#14248 Computer Blueprints

Posted by Spectre2689 on 13 December 2003 - 12:53 PM in Homemades

I hear Studio Max 3D is one of the best out there, next to Maya, and it has a trial. If worse comes to worst (or w/e...), you can just keep re-downloading the trial... <_< It COULD work...you never know. On another note, I'm hoping to get into 3D modelling soon, if anyone has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated. I may even mail you a used sock as a present :)

#14287 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 14 December 2003 - 09:53 AM in Off Topic

I'll bet you the soldiers who caught him would get at least a silver star. My thoughts? Thread a long hook through his ballsack and hang him from a tree in Baghdad town square. Let people yank the string for a dollar. They inflict massive pain on Saddam, AND they get revenue. How can they lose?

#14360 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 14 December 2003 - 10:32 PM in Off Topic

I hate to say it, but the U.S. doesn't give two shits about anyone elses affairs. They just want resources. Iraq? Oil. Afghanistan was slightly different, it was a show of power. The armies way of giving terrorists the middle finger. Vietnam, interestingly enough, was for rubber. During that time period, North America was at a shortage for rubber, for tires and whatnot. Vietnam on the other hand, had an abundance of rubber. America attacks Vietnam, tries to get rubber, gets owned. Korea was a land dispute. Then there was WW2. WW2 was a different story though, since everybody KNEW Hitler had weapons.

Just thought I'd just give everyone a brief history lesson. And now I'm done.

[EDIT] Don't flame me, because this is my opinion. It's who I am. If you don't like it, piss right the hell off.

P.S.

Found him in the bottom of a hole, full of lice, rats, and most-likely copious amounts of his own feces...

Sounds like a family reunion :unsure:

#14374 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 15 December 2003 - 03:19 PM in Off Topic

Hitler killed millions. That's not a matter of weapons of any kind of destruction, the allies faught the Nazis because they butchered, maimed, mutilated, tortured, killed, and slaughtered. They were engineers of a genocide of which the civilized world couldn't imagine.

That would explain why it took the U.S. 3 years to get off their ass and do something then. And THAT was only because of Pearl Harbor. If Imperial Japan hadn't attacked the U.S., they just would've stayed there in their own happy little world.

#14437 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 16 December 2003 - 05:52 PM in Off Topic

I'll tell you what can't happen in this thread:

So I told Groove, no you can't shove that many hamsters up your ass without feeling some sort of discomfort.

Oh shit, I just contradicted myself. I'll shut up.

P.S. Don't take that seriously Groove, I just like having fun picking on the first person I think of when I do something :huh:

#14448 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 16 December 2003 - 07:15 PM in Off Topic

Ouch...nice turn around on the words...I deserved that...

#14525 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 December 2003 - 04:10 PM in Off Topic

If you're going to make fun of anything in the Canadian Armed Forces, make fun of the Air Force. We have a grand total of about 10 planes, what's left of our helicopters are falling out of the sky, and we have about 5 trained pilots to an aircraft. Our Air Force is a joke. Our Navy is not. In fact, we have one of the best navies in the world. Our ships are fairly modern, even though we have no submarines. With Paul Martin in place now, things should start to change with Canada's military. We just placed an order for a bunch of new helicopters, and a few weeks ago we placed an order for Stryker armoured vehicles (Although to replace our Leopard tanks? Hell no.) Also, recently, Canada's elites beat America's elites in a war game. And we have the best losers in the world. My rant is done.

#14541 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 December 2003 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

Note: The subs are coal-powered and can't submerge more than a few feet. What good's a sub that can't submerge?

#14543 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 December 2003 - 06:12 PM in Off Topic

No sir, at no point in time did we have the BEST air force in the world. AT a certain point in WW2, the German Luftwaffe was the best air force. After the war got in to full turn, British and American planes ruled the skies. Canadians did indeed have quite the air force, but not as large as the others. Lancasters, handling as well as say...a pregnant cow...were frequently shot down on bombing raids, either by flak turrets or Luftwaffe. P-51s were only dispatched on short-range bombing runs, as they didnt have the fuel to carry them all the way to the destination and back.

#14558 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 December 2003 - 08:25 PM in Off Topic

big dad

He means his grand-dad.

#14560 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 December 2003 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Yes, Canada has had an average army throughout history, until recently. Yeah, the States got rocked in 1812, but we were on horseback shooting single-shot mullet rifles. Now, in a world of technology, we spend money elsewhere, improving the way we live (i.e. healthcare, hospitality, electricity, etc). Most of us don't care about how much military technology we have. Now with the recent wars (Afghanistan, Iraq), a lot of us are starting to realize..."Hey! Our military blows!"...so now, Paul Martin is going to start investing a whole bunch in the military to fix what that asstard Jean Chretien did. "A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." Great words Chretien...I remember them each time I take a shit.

#14564 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 17 December 2003 - 09:35 PM in Off Topic

I'm talking about the RCAF. They didn't have extended range P-51Ds with the fuel pods on the wings. Well, they did, but not in huge supply. I'm pretty sure they were only used either in short- medium-range bombing runs, and some vitally important long-range bombing runs.

#14598 What To Get A 7 Year Old Kid?

Posted by Spectre2689 on 18 December 2003 - 04:34 PM in Off Topic

Lego was awesome. Maybe even some of 'em die-cast Hot Wheels cars.

#14647 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 18 December 2003 - 11:38 PM in Off Topic

(cooldood31 @ Dec 18 2003, 04:34 PM)
Who invented and flew the first aircraft? CANADIANS.

Are you quite sure of this? The Wright Brothers seem to have all the credit for that, and then there were a whole bunch more that AMERICANS clain to have flown. I have seen no record of a Canadian doing it first.

You're kidding me right? You never heard of that story where the guy taped two pieces of wood to his sled and flew off of a hill? Yeah, he died a few days later from a massive build-up of absolute retardedness, but he DID fly...for three seconds.

#14649 Evil Picture (not The Nerfer Evil)

Posted by Spectre2689 on 18 December 2003 - 11:42 PM in Off Topic

im still not sure, looks like a chick from my school [in aus]

Jesus, remind me to watch my ass if I ever go to Australia...

And goddamn, this pic is just...I...it...a...FUCK?!

#14665 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 19 December 2003 - 10:37 AM in Off Topic

Well I just have to say one thing before I stop...IronRhino...you are a retard. Except for the plane flying, slaves escaping and the Canada kicking ass, I have to say...you're completely fucked.

WW2 wasn't about a war machine for Canada. Canada was more behind the scenes. If it wasn't for us, D-day would've been royally fucked over. Who do you think created the diversions? Who do you think destroyed transport routes from Caen to Normandy? Who captured all of their objectives on D-day? WE DID! So don't give me that shit about us not doing anything in the war.

If you don't know what the Canadarm is, you probably got dropped on your head alot as a kid. The Canadarm is the main reason we can repair satellites and build the ISS.

We DID come up with a lot of the technology for man to land on the moon. Why didn't we? Because Americans had already started the space campaign. We weren't just going to jump in there and take it away, because we wanted to land on the moon.

When there's a war, (which has usually been started by Americans lately) Canada is one of the first ones there. We were third to get to Afghanistan. Why didn't we go to Iraq? Because it was stupid. Bush just went ahead into Iraq without ANY authorization from the UN. The only reason the British helped is because Blair is Bush's bitch.

And no, it wasn't the Brits who burned down your "grey" house. It was Canadians. We were under British rule at the time, but that doesn't mean that we were British. Actually, most of the people who were in the war were Natives in Canada. Wow, were you guys ever scared of them... And, no, they weren't your "rightful" forts to begin with.

About Detroit, I'm not quite sure when this was, might've been War of 1812, but yes, Canadians did take the city with about half the troops that were in Detroit.

And Cam...it was continuous flight. After he hit the pine tree, it didn't count anymore.

And yes, Saddam Hussein should be set on fire and thrown off of a large cliff. He should also have numerous pins through his ballsack.

[EDIT] Re: WW2...it was Calais, not Caen...my bad. Gimme some credit, I had just woken up.

#14667 What Your Main Gun Looks Like

Posted by Spectre2689 on 19 December 2003 - 11:29 AM in General Nerf

My webcam was outta focus. I only realized it after we took the pics ;)

#14694 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 19 December 2003 - 06:49 PM in Off Topic

Well then, now that the arguments have seemingly died down...I wish EVERYONE a Merry Axe-mas, and a...fuck...I can't think of any smartass comment to make for-- oh wait...Happy...Poo Year? Yeah, that was fucking lame. Leave me alone. Eat your turkey or chicken or whatever in peace.

#14702 Wtf?

Posted by Spectre2689 on 19 December 2003 - 09:49 PM in Off Topic

That my good sir, is just creepy. It makes me want to vomit in terror. Now if you were looking for Home Star Runner, its www.homestarrunner.COM...

#14737 Saddam Hussein - Captured

Posted by Spectre2689 on 20 December 2003 - 10:21 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, what Ice Nine said. Also, just my 2 cents, I don't wanna start this thing back up but...most hockey players on American teams are in fact Canadian...we also have the best women in the world...want proof? Pam Anderson. Case closed.

AHHHHH!!!!! HOMOSEXUAL IN THIS FOROM CALLED "GUNNEDDOWN"!!!!!!!!!! Damn homosexuals tryin to take over america. U will never have the right to gay mariage!!! HAHAHAHA

Where in God's name and all that is holy did that come from? That had to be one of the stupidest most retarded points I have EVER seen. And Mississippi (I think? I know it started with M...) already passed gay marriages. Plus, look at stereotypical hick counties in places like Alabama and what not. I mean, they have a LAW that states that it's illegal to have sex with a cow. Do people do these things in order for the laws to be passed? That's just wrong.

#14738 Wtf?

Posted by Spectre2689 on 20 December 2003 - 10:24 AM in Off Topic

I have to say I would find it more amusing if it was flash. And there was a deer in the middle of the tunnel. And the light was being made by a truck. And the deer was replaced by trent ;)

#15367 New Year's

Posted by Spectre2689 on 31 December 2003 - 11:30 PM in Off Topic

Well, my mom's boy friend is having a party. I'm going to be there. Fun? Hell no. Most of the patrons are either in or past their 50s, and the rest aren't interesting enough to make up for it. There's gonna be a countdown, and then people are going to dance. I need to make signs that state "We are not responsible for broken hips, lost canes, or liver failures." In fact I should get to that pretty soon. People are drinking so much I think a majority of them will be dead or in the hospital within 48 hours. That's my post. Fun huh? Anyone else doing anything more exciting?

#15370 Foam Backer Rod

Posted by Spectre2689 on 31 December 2003 - 11:52 PM in Modifications

I've been to my local Canadian Tire (department/hardware store), and they didn't know what it was. I'm planning on going to Home Depot soon, but I doubt they'll know what it is either. What is foam backer rod mainly used for? What section would I find it in? I'd like to know, becuase I need to start making micros. On another note, micros are 5/16th right? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sort of new to Nerf and I'm trying to pack all this information into my head in a short period of time. So if anybody could answer me these questions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. If this question has been asked and answered before, sorry, but I really don't feel like searching through 10 pages of forum posts or whatever. Especially on this shithole connection.

#15892 I Need Help

Posted by Spectre2689 on 06 January 2004 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

Alright, this is your average closed-minded fucktard. Listen up you bag of cock-juice.

1. If you think we're all 20, you may need glasses, or contacts, or laser eye surgery, or maybe you just need to get out more. Whatever the case is, we're not all 20. A lot of us are in between 12-18, so you can't just say we're all 20.

2. Yes, I DO go OUTSIDE to watch a STAR TREK CONVENTION. Seriously man, WHAT THE FUCK?! How many people go outside to do that? Also, you contradicted yourself. If you saw us running around playing Nerf, how are we out of shape and sitting on our lazy asses? Seriously, pay attention to yourself, or pay the doctor to give you a lethal injection.

3. So, apparently you're going to beat down hundreds upon hundreds of people, because you're a "pirate"? What kind of a "pirate" are you? Are you a male genital "pirate"? Because if that's the case, stay away from me or I'll sodomize you with a fucking tire iron.

4. Because we play nerf doesn't mean we're all white and nerdy, it means that we can shoot you in the eye with a glue tipped dart and make you cry blood. The majority of us could probably easily kick your ass.

5. The reason we nerf is because it's fun. Don't say there's no reason. Just because you have a closed mind and can't accept other people's hobbies doesn't mean you can go flame them. We nerf because it's cheap, it's fun, and it's constructive.

Now, be a dear and go play in the traffic will you?

#15899 I Need Help

Posted by Spectre2689 on 06 January 2004 - 09:27 PM in General Nerf

Alright, I'm not even gonna bother countering anything but the paintball thing. If I'm not mistaken, pballs explode on contact. They also don't go 400 fps. So it wouldn't break my hand. A nerf dart however, does NOT explode on contact. In fact, it doesn't even get dented. So if you got shot by a glue-tipped nerf dart travelling 80-90 fps in the hand, you might not necessarily break it, but you'd be bleeding a river.

#16374 Found An Odd Gun

Posted by Spectre2689 on 14 January 2004 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

I went to a friend's house at lunch today and started looking around his house, and found some sort of old toy room. Making the link immediately to Nerf, I asked him if he had any guns. He pulled out this green thing with 4 barrels and a very irregular trigger. I think it was called the Rattlesnake or something. It's completely green, except for the barrels and trigger. 4 barrels on the end that don't rotate and shoot megas. The trigger is some long piece of plastic that you pull back all the way and it kinda launches the dart. I'm assuming it works on a spring of some sort. Anybody have any ideas of what exactly it is, or if it's any good to mod?

#16629 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by Spectre2689 on 18 January 2004 - 04:30 PM in Homemades

Wow...do you have ANY idea of what in the fuck you just said? I read it about 3 times, figures and all, and I still don't get it... And on another note, what does Pascal's law have to do with chamber:barrel ratios?

[EDIT] After another few readings, I'm SORT OF starting to understand it. But it still has nothing to do with Nerf that I can see. For one, it's talking about static fluids, not gases.

#17034 Not Again!

Posted by Spectre2689 on 24 January 2004 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

It's hard to believe, but this post was probably more useless then trying to get a basketball team full of midgets.

#17095 Ebay Names

Posted by Spectre2689 on 25 January 2004 - 06:08 PM in Off Topic

SHIT! An AIR FRESHENER?! No fucking way man! That's stupenfuscious (amazing)!!! I'm gonna go get it right now!

Oh yeah, the LnL's cool too ;)

#17106 Secret Shot

Posted by Spectre2689 on 25 January 2004 - 06:55 PM in General Nerf

You could try a flathead screwdriver...it might work... ;)

#17111 Ebay Names

Posted by Spectre2689 on 25 January 2004 - 07:26 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, ekwestrian really wanted that SM5k...he's partially to blame for me not getting it...bastard... I'd like to know who he is so I can go jam a pole up his ass.

#17134 New Darts

Posted by Spectre2689 on 25 January 2004 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

I think taita_cakes just made the best point here.

...sungalasses do shit all to stop a screw ended dart heading at your eyes at about 150 fps.

Though it's not entirely true. The sunglasses could shatter and cause even more damage to your eye.

...if you don't have a hole but just poke through the fbr and fit the screw in securely...

It's freakin foam man. You know how easily screws go through foam? Even hot glue. Black Wrath's made some prototypes with screws in them and glue on the tip. The nail went straight through,

...couldn't you take the points off of the screws somehow...

That, or just using 2-3 BB's, would probably be the best idea.

[EDIT] Just read the two posts before this, and I don't think he said they were nails. If he was using just those flat headed screws and cut the tips off, I don't think it would be too bad.

[ANOTHER EDIT] To the post below, sorry, yeah, that was what I was saying. I think you misinterpreted me, or I didn't make myself clear...I just read the two...
And yeah...

[ANOTHER GODDAMN EDIT] Afterthought, it all depends on what kind of screw it is. If it's on of those thin screws, or a nail, cutting off the end would do absolutely nothing. Depends on the thickness.

[EDIT] In an attempt to keep my posting low, I'm gonna keep editing for a while. I think you were a little too graphic with the whole nail in the eye thing there taita...
But how would a wider screw have a hollow-point effect? If I'm correct, hollow points expand on impact. A screw would just sorta hit and stay there. FMJ effect, no?

#17136 Secret Shot

Posted by Spectre2689 on 25 January 2004 - 10:53 PM in General Nerf

Wait wait, what do you mean by the screw being stripped? Is the head is stripped so you can't turn it, or is there no more groove on the screw for it to stay in?

#17137 Materials

Posted by Spectre2689 on 25 January 2004 - 10:54 PM in Off Topic

May I ask you why you need this NES? What use is it if it's broken?

#17165 First Homemade

Posted by Spectre2689 on 26 January 2004 - 02:58 PM in Homemades

Well here it is.

Sorry for it looking crappy, but I had neither the time nor the patience to make it look pretty as hell. So, therefore, most of the things aren't to scale, or aren't done in much detail. So I'll try to explain some of it.

First off, the barrel may be longer or shorter, depending on how it performs. Second, the handle may be longer or shorter, depending how I like it. Third, I realized after I started making it that I didn't compensate for the thickness of the PVC. Keep that in mind. Those were the unimportant parts.

Now, probably the most confusing part is the trigger assembly. I'm going to attempt to have a trigger that goes into the PVC tube. The trigger will be attached to a guitar string, or fishing line, which will in turn be attached to the valve. When you pull the trigger, in theory, the string will pull the valve and open it. (Note, this is in THEORY...a lot of things work in theory...hell, communism works in theory...)

Another confusing part may be the plunger/air tank assembly. The plunger probably won't be that long, but I was too lazy to go in and change it on the image. Think of a WW2-era Sten gun. With the mag sticking out of the left side of the gun. Same idea, except the mag is further back, and has a plunger sticking out of it that's parallel to the barrel. The air wont go into the handle, because it will (preferably) be blocked off. The only way it will go is out the barrel when the valve is opened.

That's the basic idea. Thoughts? Questions? Suggestions?

[EDIT] I just realized that the measurement units aren't correct either. Apparently I used feet ( ' )...inches is " I believe... Forgive me, for I am a very tired Canadian.

#17170 Materials

Posted by Spectre2689 on 26 January 2004 - 03:20 PM in Off Topic

Wow...while you're at it, put the NES in the PS2 shell :blush:

#17175 First Homemade

Posted by Spectre2689 on 26 January 2004 - 03:40 PM in Homemades

It's gonna be a ball valve. The trigger will probably be made out of anything I can find, or a trigger off a broken gun.