Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#306968 "classes" for NERF Wars

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 November 2011 - 02:48 AM in General Nerf

If you want to incorporate classes or the idea into a war you're hosting, go ahead and do so. However for classes that have worked well in the past in different game types take a look at the most recent MANO war threads and check out there classes. Those ideas will help you tweak your idea.

#310724 .22 Master Exam Design

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 February 2012 - 05:51 AM in Off Topic

.22 Are small game hunting rifles, there is no way you can kill someone with it (perhaps an eyeshot)
Zumatrix

Actually historically the .22 wasn't designed for target shooting or hunting small game, the original nickname of that caliber of round was "the assassin's bullet" as the small size and shape as well as the lower velocity of the round would cause it to bounce around in the human body causing more damage than if the round had gone straight through.
But I digress and correct,
Once you said that the design was bolt action and nothing else the design clicked. I would make the part that holds the bolt back a bit thicker but the overall design seems sound.

#294900 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 February 2011 - 02:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: July
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20872l]23rd [IL] D.A.W.N of War[/url]

#286099 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 September 2010 - 06:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Less than one week out till the war and I just want to say that I will have stuff to sell. Some blasters but also for those in the melee business (mostly the WI and IN guys) I will have a TON of melee weapons that I have no need for and would like to get rid of.
This is what I have for sale melee-wise (note, these are NOT your standard PVC boffers, these are rattan core boffers that will hold up longer than PVC will):
- 2 6 foot staffs $25 each
- 2 Axes $25 each
- Several swords of various sizes - $15 to $25 each
- A Korean style Katana - $30

A blaster list and prices will be up in the next day or two.

#286229 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 September 2010 - 01:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Speaking of issues popping up at the last minute, my car suspension decided to rust out and fall apart on me so while I may show up Saturday (I'm going to do my best) it won't be until much later, if at all.

#286262 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 September 2010 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Speaking of issues popping up at the last minute, my car suspension decided to rust out and fall apart on me so while I may show up Saturday (I'm going to do my best) it won't be until much later, if at all.

Just PARKOUR to the war...

Its not a matter of getting to the war, its a matter of Saturday is the only day I'll be able to fix my car. I'll do my damnest to make it to the war.

#286587 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 October 2010 - 11:50 PM in Nerf Wars

First and formost, I hate my current car, the whole reason that I couldn't be their for most of the war. However:

Good times were had
My thrown together darts really sucked
Sold off some unused blasters
Still have a ton of Melee weapons that I need to get rid of
The new mobstacles are awesome
PACs are awesome
Using said mobstacles as mobile tanks
Overall had a good time for the couple of hours I got to play

EDIT: 28 people (with photo!), largest chicago-area war to date!

#283566 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 August 2010 - 12:09 AM in Nerf Wars

..Yeah. He and I are brothers, so that would be rather strange. Just saying.

Recent studies have shown that incest, especially homosexual (due to impossibility of pregnancy), has a much higher incidence rate than previously thought.

You can tell Klaiviel that.

I can verify this. Incest is a lot more common than previously thought and is most common with brother/sister or brother/brother or sister/sister relationships.
Ahhhh, the stuff you learn in GenEds in college...

#282937 4 Chan, Johnny

Posted by Demon Lord on 12 August 2010 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Marked on the calender, I should be able to make it.

#283220 Aabow: Actually A Bow.

Posted by Demon Lord on 15 August 2010 - 10:26 PM in Homemades

How about just using the steel EMT conduit for the bow's arms rather then using it to reinforce them?

LOL, really? Last time I check EMT doesn't bend too well.

EMT bends quite well, it just doesn't snap back well.
This just cleared up a bunch of questions I had regarding how this thing was built. Now to build my own.

#294401 Are The Clear Blasters Faulty?

Posted by Demon Lord on 11 February 2011 - 10:00 PM in General Nerf

I received a stock clear NF a while back and discovered that it would not shoot stock ammo at all. It seems to me that the clear series of blasters seems to have more defects than the standard ones.

#288771 Area 52 Blaster Modification

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 November 2010 - 01:42 AM in Modifications

You're a masochist aren't you? Another hilarious and worthy write-up for a blaster that isn't even close to a worthy side-arm. Keep up the suffering for all our benefits!

#325100 Arrowstorm Verification Assistance

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

Post a photo (or several) of the blaster, that will go a long way in determining a solution to your problem.

#293675 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 February 2011 - 01:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Domes in this weather won't bother me, I've got a face mask and goggles to wear.

#293581 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 January 2011 - 06:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Since there is going to be once heck of a good chance there will be snow on the ground, can we use mini-marshmallows for ammo?

#292888 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 15 January 2011 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I have to work until close the night before and will be running on less than 5 hours of sleep and will not be on time (anyone surprised, really?) but I will do my best to be there. I'd say 85% chance of showing up.

#293215 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 January 2011 - 10:15 PM in Nerf Wars

My figuring is, the later it is, the more chance the snow has to melt and get warmer in general, so my vote is for the 15th

February is one of the coldest months of the year. It just may be too cold to snow.
Either day works for me.

#292238 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 January 2011 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

If I get the day off I'll show up. I won't be doing much running, but I'll show up.

#284006 Barrel Break Single Fire Issue

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 August 2010 - 11:19 AM in General Nerf

I've got one as well. The firing ramps on the trigger are less than 1/2 an inch apart, thus making the single shot a very tricky thing to do.

#293177 Big Bad Bow Sonic Dart Clip Possibility?

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 January 2011 - 03:00 AM in Modifications

Thinwall 1/2'' PVC can be used to carry sonic darts no problem. I've seen both inlines and RSCBs use it to hold the darts. And from my experience 1/2'' PVC from Lowes and Menards can be used as a good barrel material for sonic darts, at least in DeKalb anyway.

#232989 Blood And Bandages

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 May 2009 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Looks good, simple and to the point.
Am I to assume you used a titan tank to integrate into the Maverick? And what kind of ranges are you getting with it?

#269243 Canceled

Posted by Demon Lord on 15 March 2010 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe. With going back to college that date is too far off for me to be sure or not if I can make it.

#278043 Cancelledibb Indiana Border Battle July 10

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 June 2010 - 12:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Mark me as a maybe

#301101 Captain America Disc Launching Shield

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 July 2011 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

What if you were buy an equivalent size/power motor and install it in the place of the free spinning wheel, you get more power and even the accuracy out.

That idea would work with a flywheel blaster that fires darts, but disks require spin to even have any chance of flying.

#260248 Cataclysm - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 31 December 2009 - 03:18 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, with crew.

#272637 Cataclysm - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 18 April 2010 - 10:05 PM in Nerf Wars

WAR REVIEW!

+ Loads of new people
+ Ammo easy to come by on the field
+ HAMP vs HAMP = dart rain!
+ Seeing a point blank shot being caught by Cheerio in his teeth. I'd call that a block.
+/- VIP a fun but tweaking needed game type
- Not playing Defend the Core
+ Carpe Testiculum round 1 completely dominating
+ Round 2 of CT stealing a teams bucket while that same team stole another teams bucket
- Not playing territories
+ Monolith making its debut with the cry of "I need a fire team!"
+ Having a massive dart recovery
+/- Jumpins weren't so bad.
+/- Heat seeking darts, especially the one that dived bombed Ice Nine and hit him square in the back
+ Seeing Ryan drop his gun and run from a shield carrying Ambience327 more than once

Can't wait to to this again with more game types.

#298244 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 May 2011 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Just a heads up, I'm going to have a bunch of darts with me, so if someone is running short (after making their own darts) they can borrow some from me.

#298346 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 May 2011 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

See you punks out on the field. Its time to play.

#298054 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 May 2011 - 10:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Is the area we're nerfing in a park or something? Because I don't have a GPS and we're using Mapquest.

Toss the coordinates into Google Maps and it will kick out an address for MapQuest or GPS units that can't take straight coordinates.

#297332 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 April 2011 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there.

#297466 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 April 2011 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Either date works for me.

#315389 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 08 May 2012 - 01:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, so I need to stop making posts at 3 AM. My bad, we've got people from all over the US, either way this will be great.

#315535 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 May 2012 - 10:17 PM in Nerf Wars

If its anything like the last war there:
-- Bring your own food and hydration, there is stuff nearby but its a bit of a drive
-- Parking is along the nice wide shoulder of the road on both sides of the road
-- Bathrooms require a short drive to a nearby gas station (or a really long walk)

Be sure to bring the rest of the Wisconsin crew Louiec3

#315372 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 08 May 2012 - 02:02 AM in Nerf Wars

So far we have Illinois, Wisconsin and California and Jersey natives attending. This is going to be Effeminate.

#314470 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 April 2012 - 12:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#330017 Cataclysm 4 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 May 2013 - 02:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm there. With guests.

#331316 Cataclysm 4 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 June 2013 - 03:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Bummer - I won't be able to make it this year. I have a wedding to attend. Of course, since I won't be there, it means DemonLord might actually show up as stated... ;)

Fling some serious foam gentlemen!

I was there last year thank you very much. Its just at your wars that I have issues with.

#330189 Cataclysm 4 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 May 2013 - 05:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, way to drop this on right on ComiCon week. Have fun at you DorkFest, dorks.

Hey Pot, its the Kettle on the phone. Its saying you're black.

#249561 Chano 2.5 - Now Recapping

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 September 2009 - 02:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Work is unpredictable, but I'm going to try and make it up there. Is Bullwinkle AKA The diddle Gun banned?

#253118 Chano 2.5 - Now Recapping

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 October 2009 - 02:48 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.