Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297765 Osama Is Dead

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 May 2011 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

After the news I have but one thing, to say:
BOOM! Headshot!

And for the actual comment, it took just almost 10 years, but we got him.

#338917 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outing S.S. 3/10!

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 May 2014 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe. And maybe pluses.

#306336 commissioners

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2011 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

Piece of friendly advice: People might buy from people who have good reputations and are known as good modders. Being a FNG nobody knows you so you're going to need to work on building a reputation first and learning the proper area to post threads like this. After all that, then people might be interested in buying your stuff.

#314317 Stampede Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 12 April 2012 - 02:10 AM in Modifications

If you haven't modded it at all or opened it up, toss it back in the box and exchange it. You've probably got a dud.

#316701 Heavy Metal Nerf

Posted by Demon Lord on 07 June 2012 - 10:36 PM in Off Topic

Even though I might get banned for this, a person can see the completed gun here as part of a woot.com blog at Seattle Mini Makers Faire.

#297674 Display name

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 April 2011 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

It was possible to do it manually (at least from what I did) as when I signed up my default Display Name was my login name. I was able to change that under the old software that forum used. However now that doesn't appear to be the case.

#152040 Iron Man Magstrike Question

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 April 2008 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

All the Iron Man Magstrike is is a repainted Magstrike that is packaged with one (not two) clip and fires suction tipped darts rather than taggers. Beyond that, they are the same Nerf gun.

#163004 Recon Prob. With Pics.

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 July 2008 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

Try using craft foam to seal the gap.

#306968 "classes" for NERF Wars

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 November 2011 - 02:48 AM in General Nerf

If you want to incorporate classes or the idea into a war you're hosting, go ahead and do so. However for classes that have worked well in the past in different game types take a look at the most recent MANO war threads and check out there classes. Those ideas will help you tweak your idea.

#304374 Need Ebay Shipping Help Fast Please

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 September 2011 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

You could also use a flat rate shipping envelope too. Also available at your local USPS.

#284006 Barrel Break Single Fire Issue

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 August 2010 - 11:19 AM in General Nerf

I've got one as well. The firing ramps on the trigger are less than 1/2 an inch apart, thus making the single shot a very tricky thing to do.

#310250 Titan Help

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 January 2012 - 03:06 AM in Modifications

I had a similar problem with mine. To fix it I hotglued the spring at the end of the firing pin on the tank to prevent it from compressing, which solved the problem completely.

#149547 Longshot Air Restrictor

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 April 2008 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

Look in this thread for all your Longshot modding needs:
Modifying a Longshot?

#317634 INO 2

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 June 2012 - 02:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I see potential in that park, much like I see the potential in the fact I might be able to make it.

#298638 Supposedly amazing non-nerf foam dart bow?

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 May 2011 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I modded the Surefire bow for a friend of mine awhile back after wrapping the front elastic around the pulleys once and replacing the back elastic with surgical tubing. This got it MUCH better ranges and impressive stopping power.
EDIT: Ranges varied from shot to shot from about 90+ to 150 ft (How that happened I don't know) with about 100 ft being the average. In regards to the stopping power, it knocked me (5'10" 200lb at the time) off my feet when I was struck at about 15 ft.

#298842 Supposedly amazing non-nerf foam dart bow?

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 May 2011 - 04:52 AM in General Nerf

Actually it was Wicket that made that foam fork, not me. And the modded bow was for NIU Humans Vs Zombies, mostly for range but knocking a zombie to the ground was a nice plus.
As for the melee stuff that was for a group called The Northern Horde.
Nice to know I've got people who've got my back, that I didn't know had my back.

#281066 Want To Have A Shotgun Effect For Your Blaster? Try This

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 July 2010 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

To reduce weight you could use thin wall PVC, problem then is that durability becomes an issue as thinwall is not as durable as regular PVC.

#330367 Warhammer 40k Bolter

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 May 2013 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

I remember seeing this in person prior to the paint job and it looked good then. Seeing it finished, it looks awesome and intimidating to boot. I look forward to the Lascannon build and other Warhammer 40k builds.

#264301 Relative Strength Of The Max Shot Spring

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 February 2010 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

Just keep in mind the MaxShot's tendency toward violent outbursts with the original spring...

I am cognizant of this issue, but feel reckless enough to ignore it.

Please take pictures when it turns into a million pieces.

I see something similar to what happened with your manta ray happening to this MaxShot..

Wear a paintball mask while taking a video of it firing. I want to see that thing go BOOM!

#318282 INO 2

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 July 2012 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

We've got less than a week to the war, anyone else stepping up to attend?

#245737 War In Wisconsin (echoes)

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 August 2009 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't formally request the weekend off as that is the weekend before move in at NIU, but if I get the day off I'll show up.

#304133 titan question

Posted by Demon Lord on 31 August 2011 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

You aren't running enough. The more you run away when you play deathmatch the less pumps your titan will take to fill up.

You're doing it wrong Zorn.

Plugging an airguns' pump will not decrease the number of pumps to fill the tank, it will allow you to exceed standard pressures in the air tank, allowing better ranges.
If you want to decrease the number of pumps to fill the tank then replace the pump with a different pump.

#325100 Arrowstorm Verification Assistance

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

Post a photo (or several) of the blaster, that will go a long way in determining a solution to your problem.

#287366 Nerf In Snow

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2010 - 11:56 PM in Nerf Wars

From experience from MANO 1.5, don't use white stephans. You won't find them in the snow.

#314861 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outing 8.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 April 2012 - 01:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I can confirm that I will be there.

#312750 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outing 8.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 12 March 2012 - 04:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a possibility.

#321321 Duk Da Funk Down!

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 September 2012 - 03:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll do my best to show up under the condition I never see that opening picture again.

#147923 Recon Ar Removal Pissings

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 March 2008 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Easiest thing to do (from my experience) is to open the Recon up and take out the mechanism. Remove the "ARMED" plunger and drill out the AR using a foot long 1/2 inch paddle bit. If you don't have a drill you can at use a smaller paddle bit to pop out the peg that the dart sits on/around.

#321320 Foam in the Fort IV

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 September 2012 - 03:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not committing to being there or not being there, given my history of trying to attend these wars something will pop up at the last minute to stop me from going. If I show up it'll be wonderful, if not no surprise.

#300972 Titan Help

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 July 2011 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

You could try forcing it off with a screw driver, however you risk damaging both the shell and the ring by doing that.

#331892 How to convince my community to allow elite modding...

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 July 2013 - 09:22 PM in Off Topic

Something I want to point out is that if blasters are scarce in the area you live and nerf in, keep in mind there are online stores to buy from as well as people on this site that will happily sell you balsters.

#321607 Where Can I Buy PVC?

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 September 2012 - 01:45 PM in Homemades

BritNerfMogul also lives in the UK and might be able to assist in finding PVC as well.

#300399 M.A.N.O. 5.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 June 2011 - 02:32 AM in Nerf Wars

I make no guarantees, but I'll try and make it up there.

#263379 Longstrike Cs-6 Internals And Stock Mod [pics]

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 January 2010 - 03:20 AM in Modifications

I hate to be the one to toss this into the mix, but it looks like we have a recased Recon in the Longstrike. Plenty of room to toss in new internals, but its still a repackaged Recon.

#300969 M.A.N.O. 5.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 03 July 2011 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to finally be back in Wisconsin for a good war. Decent location if you can forgive the placement of main roads on either side of the but a TON of good cover to make up for it.

+Fairly even teams with even skill level. Long range homemades went toe to toe with near stock nerf guns.
+Decent dart recovery
+CTF actually working out. The Engineer class did help it work to make the type quite fun.
Jury is out on Soviet Pac-Man
+FISHIE FISHIE FISHIE, one of the MANY unexpected things I heard.
+"Hey, I'm a distraction."
"Yet another thing from you that has passed into legend."
+So many new faces, so many returning old faces.
+"You're plus 3 vs noobs."
+The bows wielded by people. The box didn't lie about ranges and are great long range support versus shield users.
+None of my blasters broke. Whoo!
-Every time someone else wields my plus bow it seems like those darts guide towards heads. I really should look into this problem.
+/-Minor incident with some misunderstood etiquette and a short fuse lead to a confrontation which was handed well by the mature adults there...i.e. all the nerfers present.
+Some jokes were mistaken, some shots were taken, but all was well in the end (I hope)
-Missed out on an axe fight.

See you at the next war!

#278043 Cancelledibb Indiana Border Battle July 10

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 June 2010 - 12:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Mark me as a maybe

#288771 Area 52 Blaster Modification

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 November 2010 - 01:42 AM in Modifications

You're a masochist aren't you? Another hilarious and worthy write-up for a blaster that isn't even close to a worthy side-arm. Keep up the suffering for all our benefits!

#291212 Concept: Firing From An Open Bolt.

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 December 2010 - 02:23 AM in Homemades

Here's a problem with that idea: because the bolt is slamming forward to close the breech you're putting major pressure on the front of the plunger tube and decreasing plunger tube volume as well. You could end up killing your ranges as well as your plunder tube when that shatters and sends the dart, bolt, and plunder at the target.

#224970 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 April 2009 - 05:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Where: Hopkins Park (1403 Sycamore Rd. DeKalb, Illinois 60115)
When: Saturday, May 30th from 11 am to 4 pm (june 6th a possible date if the 30th doesn't work)
Meet up place: Right by the tennis courts

Who will be there:
Demon Lord

Who might be there:
PointBlank
Ryan201821
basser +1
bigred1rifleman
Unsane

The backstory:
Inspired by ChANO, the Midwest needs more wars, need I say more?

What you need:
- At least a pistol and most likely a primary. I might have a few loaner guns but I can't guarantee it.
- Ammo. Tons and tons of ammo.
- Eye protection. You don't have any you don't play. There's a walmart nearby to buy some from if needed.
- Money, or food. I'm going to be taking donations to order pizza later in the day and would like to get something better than a small cheese pizza to share among nth number of people.

What you shouldn't bring:
- Absolutely no singled Titans. Plugged Titans must be shotgunned to at least three barrels - a minimum of three barrels attached to the airtank, with all barrels firing upon the trigger pull.
- No singled AND plugged 4Bs, LBBs, National Geographic Guns, or Signal Launchers. Plugged will imply shotgunned to at least three barrels.
- The only case a single and plugged gun of the above mentioned gun would be allowed is that if they can only fire the stock ammo they came with.
- Special cases on the above banned guns will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you feel you have something that is listed as banned but doesn't perform powerfully enough to warrant banning you may bring it, but please don't waste our time with a singled, plugged Titan where you shotgun-load a single barrel.
- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. That is bad and you won't be allowed to use it. Orange tips are also required, however orange ductape is available for guns without them.

Misc. stuff:
- All players at least once will be asked (and by asked I mean required) to be a referee for a round. Cuts down on headaches and arguments of rules. If we get a large enough turnout then everyone will just be ref once.
- Three strikes and you're out rules applies. We're all adults (as adulty as we can be running around with kids toys while shooting at each other) so this should be an issue at all.
- Rules for other types are going to be leaning toward West Coast standard rules (see badgers thread and read it).

Games played and planned:
Team Deathmatch
CTF (both double flag and single flag)
Humans Vs Zombies (if we have enough people)
Free for all survivor
Squad scenerios

Rules for HvZ and scenerios coming as I get time to post them.
Squad Scenario number 1 rules are up! See posts below!
Humans Vs Zombies rules are up!
Bombing Run rules are up!
This the first nerf war in DeKalb in a long time and I really want this to be a good one. Let's make it just that!

#255568 Hitting The Target

Posted by Demon Lord on 07 November 2009 - 02:44 AM in General Nerf

That doesn't appear to be a dart curve, just good timing.
Now if the shot happened outside with high winds, I'd say the dart got an external push to curve the dart.