Salmon's Content

There have been 393 items by Salmon (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#242100 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 15 July 2009 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

My couplered Supermaxx 500, about 5 inches of 9/16 serves as the barrel:
Posted Image
And a little preview of a WIP I'm modding for Francesca:
Posted Image
Again, sorry for the horrible pic quality, these guns are a lot prettier in person.

#240021 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 03 July 2009 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

ASON, great minds think alike.

My new sidearm:
Posted Image
Gets awesome ranges, I'd guess about 75 feet. Dead accurate, too.
Pardon the horrible picture quality, this was taken from my webcam, not my good camera.

#158855 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 11 June 2008 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

My cousin paid me to make this for him. We are going to give it an awesome paint job today and it has a brass breach. NEW paint job. Try to
imagine metallic blue(all sparkly) and half of the back part of the gun black and this is no ordinary black it is a chalkboard!
Posted Image
Posted Image

It's funny you made that, because about a month ago I was drawing up blueprints of how I would make something just like that, except deodorant-clipped. I quit because I thought the stock would be much too hard for me to make since I don't have a scroll saw or anything, but I applaud you for making this.

#245236 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 02 August 2009 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

PETG'd Stormfire, minimized, 2 O-rings, springs, basically Merzlin's mod. It's like, impossible to cock with the huge Home Depot spring. No clue on the ranges, I haven't had any stefans to spare as I'm making them like crazy for DAFT, but it shoots pretty hard just with stock darts (which fit loose in the PETG).
Posted Image

#244661 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 29 July 2009 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

My primary, a custom K9 special.
Posted Image
6" 9/16 brass barrel, cut-down DT3 spring addition, minor reinforcements. Semi-fluorescent green crackle finish paintjob, black(cough)e-tape(coughcough) accents. Eight PETG ammo holders added on. Gets (EDIT)65 feet on an empty clip, 80 on a full one.(/EDIT) Amazingly comfortable, thanks to the grip extension. Sometimes the loading on the RSCB is a little finicky, since my darts don't have a really loose fit in copper, and you have to shake it to get the darts to go down, but for the most part it's fine. Most definitely my favorite gun.

And my Doomsayer, 10 inch barrels:
Posted Image
Meh. Not really my style. A little too complicated for me, feels like it's about to fall apart, and kind of uncomfortable. Ranges are pretty screwed up, anywhere from 60-100+, I think I somehow screwed up the seal/plunger. Never got around to putting rear loading on the left side, either. Still a pretty nice primary though.

#246348 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 09 August 2009 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
My new Scorpion Bow, basic mods. Hitting... maybe 80-ish? I'm never quite sure, but the ranges are pretty good. Soon to get a Big Salvo/Splitfire integration if I can find the right parts. Thanks to thedarksideofnerf for supplying me with this beast.

#247077 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 14 August 2009 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

First time posting with the HD camera, so my pictures should be much better quality from now on.
I happened to stumble upon a AT2K at Tuesday Morning (the only one there, and for $6.99, too!) and this is what happened to it. Shoots good and far, and the ROF is great, of couse, thanks to the clip. Probably my new primary.
Posted Image
And an FPS view...
Posted Image
EDIT: Woah, WAAAAY too big of pics... Resized.

#267380 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Salmon on 28 February 2010 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

Oh yeah.
Posted Image
Almost finished, all I need is barrels (mediumwall PETG) but those have been pretty tough to find lately. To test the power, I held a piece of thickwall PETG, which has a springer-fit on my darts, up to the turret, and it still fired further than just about any other gun I own. In short, this thing is redonkulous.

#278345 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Salmon on 23 June 2010 - 02:44 AM in Homemades

Posted Image
Posted Image
Proof that an adequate +bow can be made with a dremel and a drill.

Also, weird magnet attachment system for the speed loader.

Dude, that's great. Where'd you get the polycarb?

#197832 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Salmon on 21 December 2008 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Thanks a bunch TatumBull. I now have a fully working petg'ed LS with the stock breach. I'll post pics in a sec.
EDIT: Pics are here

*big pics with descriptions of said pics*

Few things I'm going to answer here. The 1/2" petg was bought at petland. It has e-tape over it to create a better seal with the 9/16. Yes I cut off the stock breach head because it was unnecessary and got in the way of the 9/16.

I'm PETGing my LS like that, but instead of just sticking a stub of smaller PETG/brass/copper in the breech, I've cut the most of the breech off as one would do with an Angel breech. I think this should work out but I just want to make sure, so does anyone know of any reason it wouldn't work?

#143229 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 29 February 2008 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

Yeah hornet, don't insult my kind! :D

#163511 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 20 July 2008 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

I found this:
http://www.hasbrotoy...R=582&pn=browse
...and thought everyone would like to see it. Yeah, just another place to buy it, but this one is the value pack with extra ammo & strap. Still not available yet, but I thought it was worth posting. I found it interesting that the value pack one in the link and the regular one with 1 chain were both the same price.

It says its in stock now! Time to meticulously look over every single inch of the nearest Wal-Marts and Targets for them....

#141361 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 19 February 2008 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

Hicks: I don't see any comparison.
Posted Image

You know, I think I'm going to stop posting so much now.

#163598 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 21 July 2008 - 06:28 PM in General Nerf

Am I the only one to notice on the green area labled "SUPER VALUE!" it says:

"Value Includes:
- 25 darts
- ammo belt
-shoulder strap"

and in the picture it has a an ammo belt and a double-ended hook-thing? This explains how in the pictures the kid had the belts around him "Rambo-style". And I hate to speculate, but this also means that this could be used to attach to things like straps, belt loops, or even possibly another ammo belt.

EDIT: The main picture of the gun also includes the double-ended hook-thing.

#140621 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 16 February 2008 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

I still think the little orange box on the side is a battery holder, and you put the chain in from the other side.

#141323 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 19 February 2008 - 06:21 PM in General Nerf

Ahh... Nerf 2008 is gonna be great! And the "Iron Man Gun" is a repainted Magstrike, and now we have TWO NEW MOTHAF**KIN' TITANS??!?!?!!! Sweet Jebus...:o

#141330 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 19 February 2008 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

you can see a part of the hyperfire box. It looks like a repackaged dart tag set with a different colour blaster, but we still don't know what the mini blasters are.

The Hyperfire set is a part of the Dart Tag line. The mini blasters likely are repackaged Crossfires.

#140686 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 16 February 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

That's either an adult, or a really ugly kid with a mullet. I actually prefer the second, just because if NERF put adults on thier gun boxes, that would be a little creepy. Then again, maybe they are targeting the older Nerfers/modders like us.

#140817 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 17 February 2008 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I didn't notice that. Maybe a on/off switch, or a jam door...?

*speculation begins*

#141106 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 18 February 2008 - 06:24 PM in General Nerf

Ok, so here are my thoughts
Posted Image
I'm scared of what FA_24's going to do.

Ok, time for me to put in some more input, so

1) There are 27 links on the chain. 25 of them can hold darts. The two on either end apparently are bolt-thingys.

2) The AR's shouldnt be too hard to drill out, and besides, you act like you didn't expect there to be any AR's.

3) I think they might have developed a new kind of dart, since the darts flying out of the gun on the box don't seem like screamer darts.

4) FA-24 might not even do a mod for this if it isn't good.

EDIT: Dang, OberonFox beat me to the first point I made.

#140503 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 15 February 2008 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

I second that, AssasinNF. It won't be a crank-turn (obviously), but it will be alot like a Razorbeast. Also, I think that box on the side might be used for battery storage :lol: Well, it is 6 D batterys.

#141297 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 19 February 2008 - 05:39 PM in General Nerf

I noticed something. So here is my edited picture, a la bobafett:
Posted Image

If you can't see that writing, here's what it says:

"What is that? It can't be a handle, and the ugly mullet kid is looking through it, so it must be a sight or something. But why isn't it on the actual product???"

And I know some of you might be thinking, "Thank you, Captain Obvious!" or whatever right now, but some people might not have recognized this. I didn't. :o

#140043 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 13 February 2008 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone else noticed that the letter/digit combo at the end of the names of N-STRKE Blasters usually say the type of gun, and the amount of ammo it holds? examples:

CS-6: Clip Shooter-6 darts
REV-8: Revolver-8 darts
EBF-25: Electronically Belt Fed-25 darts

Back on topic, this thing sounds like a mini-beast. Might be hard to mod. :mellow:

#141347 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 19 February 2008 - 06:50 PM in General Nerf

I saw that, I guess it's another Iron Man blaster.

#141341 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 19 February 2008 - 06:48 PM in General Nerf

I think its to (maybe?) load the chain, or have a single-shot option.

#141352 The Vulcan

Posted by Salmon on 19 February 2008 - 07:00 PM in General Nerf

Uh, that is the Recon, the Hyperfire is in the bottom left corner.

#164191 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Salmon on 24 July 2008 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

Would it be possible to cut off everything but the part that activates the switch on the ammo box, and just hand feed it? That would be great.

#164167 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Salmon on 24 July 2008 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

Back on topic, this thing sounds like a mini-beast. Might be hard to mod. :)

:o
Oh boy. I was right.

EDIT: Ohmigod. It's that simple to connect the chains? I am loving this gun more and more every sentence I read about it.

#146483 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Salmon on 23 March 2008 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

I've checked metal shops, hobby shops, and my final resort was ACE. Everyone says you can find 17/32 brass at ACE, but I have called them and they said they didn't have any! Their site said the same. I'm absolutely stuck! Where(besides the internet)can I find brass? Or, if someone could, give me a link to the part on ACE's website, assuming there is one, that shows that they carry 17/32 brass.

#213191 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Salmon on 17 February 2009 - 11:51 PM in General Nerf

But then, if I'm understanding you, it'd be as bad as a push-pull gun, except with a spring. You mean that its just pulling back the plunger and releasing it? I somehow don't think that would work.

The Nerf Bow N Arrow.

Touché.

So, a pull-and-release kind of thing.
I can see that.
Couldn't be very accurate though...

#212463 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Salmon on 15 February 2009 - 04:20 PM in General Nerf

How... God... Is that... Oh sweet...

:(

I'm speechless.

#213187 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Salmon on 17 February 2009 - 11:30 PM in General Nerf

In response to all the "it fires when the handle is forward", I had an epiphany today.

It's only coincidence that it does that.

When you prime the plunger, normally, it hits a catch. Well, if you hold down the trigger, the catch is non-existant. From there, it's like a ratchet: It goes over the pump handle the one way, and when you pull back, it's caught for the full stroke.

Just speculation, but it would seem to be a new idea...

And, to VACC, I wasn't here during the Vulcan craze, so don't kill me, please?

But then, if I'm understanding you, it'd be as bad as a push-pull gun, except with a spring. You mean that its just pulling back the plunger and releasing it? I somehow don't think that would work.

#149987 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Salmon on 07 April 2008 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

Lemeseehere:

1 Splitfire(pump plugged)
1 Crossbow with a PETG barrel, BBB spring replacement, and paintjob(which I call Fibonacci Jekyll & Hyde)
1 minimized Mod Man brassed Nitefinder
1 Mod Man PETG'd BBBB
2 AirTech 1000's
1 almost-broken Powerclip(doing the air bladder shortening mod, but can't get the clamp back on now)
1 Iron Man Magstrike(ARs removed, OPRV removed, trigger safety mech removed)
1 Titan-Maverick integration(named the "Chimera"), with BendyStraw's Absolver Scattergun SG-7 mod
1 Over Under(which I call Two-Face, because one side has been mutilated with a Dremel, and one side is perfect)

R.I.P: A Tek 6, my precious Longshot, 1 AirTech 1000, 1 SSII, a RapidFire 20, a sawed-off Doubleshot, a Maverick(which I used for my Scattergun Titan-Maverick), 2 BBBs(scrapped for springs), and countless others...

#236802 Bladder Indicator Light.

Posted by Salmon on 16 June 2009 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

Excellent mod, and cool gun. And to think all this time, I'd been ripping out those little lasers in NFs, thinking they were useless...
Also, I have to ask, is that a Dremel 200 I spy in those pictures? If so, I would NOT recommend using them for cutting plastic. Their lowest speed is 15,000 RPM, which in my experience makes plastic melt and fume like crazy.

Thanks. It's a Dremel 100 actually. It has a single speed and it does make plastic fume a bit with the cut-off wheel and quite a bit more with the sanding drum. I thought this was normal. What do you recommend? I try to always work in a well ventilated area but I suppose if my kids come out with 6 eyeballs and webbed feet, I know what to blame it on...

Yeah, I used a Dremel 200 for the longest time, simply assuming fumes came along with cutting plastic. Then I discovered it was actually melting the plastic slightly, and quickly switched to a 300 model. They go from 5,000-35,000 RPM, and can cut plastic with little-to-no fumes until you get past setting 4, which is supposed to be ~12,000 RPM. Since you say your Dremel is a single speed, that single speed is probably as high as the highest speed on other Dremels, which makes it even worse of an idea to cut plastic with one.
A Dremel 400 should work to, as will a Dremel Stylus, but a 400 is really expensive and cordless Dremels like the Stylus suck.

#236723 Bladder Indicator Light.

Posted by Salmon on 16 June 2009 - 10:29 AM in Modifications

Excellent mod, and cool gun. And to think all this time, I'd been ripping out those little lasers in NFs, thinking they were useless...
Also, I have to ask, is that a Dremel 200 I spy in those pictures? If so, I would NOT recommend using them for cutting plastic. Their lowest speed is 15,000 RPM, which in my experience makes plastic melt and fume like crazy.

#281257 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Salmon on 26 July 2010 - 01:21 AM in General Nerf

Dude. I really, really like this. Big plunger tube, brass-breechable, and compatible with a Raider clip? Hecks to the yeah. Not to mention the looks.

#139151 Arr!

Posted by Salmon on 07 February 2008 - 04:16 PM in Homemades

You can't make an automatic Nerf gun that operates on a single breech that would fire any faster than a semi-automatic without it mangling the darts.

Yeah... I tried. Except mine was a springer.

#276545 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by Salmon on 31 May 2010 - 11:34 PM in News

You know, I want to like this. I really do. It's new territory for Nerf, at least. But I have no reason to believe this will be anything other than what comes down two Scouts attached together with breakbarrel action. The fact that it uses Sonics, and the length of the gun provide some hope that it'll be more Doubleshot-esque, but that would be bittersweet: a normal plungered gun from Nerf, finally, but it's still shitty. I don't know, maybe I'm making too many assumptions right now, but I still don't feel too optimistic.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing that makes me think it might be normal-plungered. Look at the end of the gun, on the silver part. It tapers inward. This, I believe, would make a reverse plunger set-up impossible, assuming of course that the plunger(s) take up the full width of the shell.

#253239 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Salmon on 11 October 2009 - 10:09 AM in General Nerf

On TNT I saw an ad for a new show, "Men of a Certain Age", and this one guy's son is walking around the house in a Hulk costume(?) with a Titan.

#181324 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Salmon on 03 October 2008 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

I freaking WANT the Spartan. The only thing that's getting me PO'd at it is the fact that it stole the name I was using for my Recon-SuperNitefinder combo, so I have to make up a new one.

EDIT:

Attack Unit Dart Blaster - 76691230

That one is is definitely being released, so perhaps that is some sort of validation of the rest.