CheeseRat's Content

There have been 12 items by CheeseRat (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#328704 Singled triad Luger

Posted by CheeseRat on 12 April 2013 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

15' and more accuracy! I have to do this mod now...but there is the issue of parent's no sefans rule :angry: . Any ideas anyone on that? Also thanks a ton for doing this sweet mod guide; can't wait to do my self.

It depends on what your stefans are made of. If the are hot glue domes, they probably aren't allowed. Try slugs, putty-wrap darts, or modded stock darts. There are plenty of dart-smithing threads on this forum.

#328672 Eraser Dart heads

Posted by CheeseRat on 10 April 2013 - 06:39 PM in Darts and Barrels

Amazing dart design! It seems perfect, except for those few misfires that occurred. Those are due to the high-friction of the rubber. Could you add felt or paint over the rubber to make them less grippy and feed easier? :huh: Also, since you said eraser tips hurt less, would it be safe(not too painful) to carve out the edges of the tip to a dome to increase aerodynamics and to make them feed better?

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

See above; read this: New Members Guide

#334455 New Edible Ammo

Posted by CheeseRat on 03 October 2013 - 09:04 PM in Darts and Barrels

Paintball markers, BB guns, real guns, etc. all have barrel rifling, which makes the evenly-weighted ammo stable in flight. Also, those ammo types are far denser, precisely manufactured, and have an aerodynamic tip in some cases.

#336128 3 round burst electric Nerf gun

Posted by CheeseRat on 28 December 2013 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure you can just get a Rapidstrike and solder an arduino in it that can be programmed to have 3-round burst. Even better, you could set the arduino up with a 3-way switch for single fire, 3-round burst, and full-auto. Anyone with enough 'arduino knowledge' could build this. This is a good idea that I've never seen before in a nerf forum.

#336933 Front grip mod for Stryfe. (and others)

Posted by CheeseRat on 08 February 2014 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

If you attached a longer tactical rail to the underside of a Stryfe, you could remove the foregrip and put other things on it. Also, with a long mag, is a foregrip even necessary for such a lightweight blaster?

#328858 Soda Bottle Hoppers/ RSCBs

Posted by CheeseRat on 18 April 2013 - 06:20 PM in Darts and Barrels

Biatch, I made one a year ago that holds 150 regular darts

Posted Image

If we are going to fight about hopper capacity, almost anyone can make a water cooler container hopper. It would need a lot of power to fire the last few shots with all of that dead space and it would be really heavy, but it would be VERY intimidating. Speaking of dead space, is there something that nerfers could put into their hoppers that would minimize dead space even to the last shot? I thought of putting reclosable bags filled with air to put in your hopper when it gets low. It is like how people put bottles of water or rocks in their toilet tank to save water.

#328767 Soda Bottle Hoppers/ RSCBs

Posted by CheeseRat on 15 April 2013 - 07:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

If you'll do a bit of looking, you'd find MiG's Baby Bottle Hopper, which is essentially this, although a lot more reloadable because the back end of the baby bottle can be removed.

Yes, I saw that, but when you can hold more than 50 1 inch darts, I think that factor is negligible. But, if you need fast reload times, you can just just cut a hole in it and put a dart door in it.

#328734 Soda Bottle Hoppers/ RSCBs

Posted by CheeseRat on 13 April 2013 - 10:09 PM in Darts and Barrels

While I was sitting around at my mom's work wondering what to make while I was there, I thought of soda bottle hoppers/ RSCBs. I made one with little effort, and it looks like this on my trusty Panther: https://www.facebook...&type=1 Since I don't have many materials, a PayPal or Ebay account, or the ability to drive, I don't have many stefans to fill the soda bottle with and tell you how many stefans a soda bottle can hold, but I hope somebody else can. <_< As you might be able to see in the picture, my soda bottle has dents in it after only about an hour of using. Soda bottles are not very durable, but they are very cheap to obtain. To make this hopper, you need: 3/4 inch CPVC, a soda bottle(of course), and a Dremel w/ drum bit and/or scissors. First, take your scissors and/or dremel and take just enough plastic out from the inside of the bottle to make a snug fit with the 3/4 inch CPVC. https://www.facebook...&type=1 Then take your 3/4 inch CPVC and bevel the outside of it slightly so it fits better: https://www.facebook...&type=1 Then, build your hopper/RSCB normally using your soda bottle w/ a 3/4 inch CPVC pipe in it. Your done! I know it isn't much, but I hope other nerfers besides myself use this concept. It loads very nicely with the few 1 inch stefans that I have. It has a lot of dead space, especially for the last few shots, but it is cheap, easy to make and very useful!

PS: I don't know how to post images straight from my computer, and posting from FB doesn't work.

#335284 Spring help

Posted by CheeseRat on 07 November 2013 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

Use a metal saw or metal cutters for the [k26], and wire snips or the 'cutting part' on a pair of pliers for the catch spring.

#336130 Can't find adapter to use with LiPo Pack

Posted by CheeseRat on 28 December 2013 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

Deans connectors are higher quality and carry the current better in my opinion

This is actually not an opinion, but a fact. Deans and Traxxas connectors are won't break as easily and carry current better than Molex and mini Molex connectors because of their design.

#336129 Can't find adapter to use with LiPo Pack

Posted by CheeseRat on 28 December 2013 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

Deans connectors are higher quality and carry the current better in my opinion

This is actually not an opinion, but a fact. Deans and Traxxas connectors are won't break as easily and carry current better than Molex and mini Molex connectors because of their design.

#336775 Question about titans.

Posted by CheeseRat on 31 January 2014 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

Most wars that I'm aware of ban singled, plugged-pump Titans, and yes, they did plug their pumps. You can plug the pump for pest control, but for wars, stick to unplugged.