buckbogey's Content

There have been 35 items by buckbogey (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#17109 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 25 January 2004 - 07:16 PM in Homemades

If I'm getting flamed for sharing my knowledge, then why the heck do I do it?

And yes, there are insruments that can measure up to 1/1000000000 of an inch.

I know what you think, but heck, if you dont want to believe me, then for gods sake, dont.

Dont reply expecting to get an anwser from me, i'm not comming back to this topic.

#17099 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 25 January 2004 - 06:29 PM in Homemades

I promise you it is all genuine. The pvc can withstand what it is rated for, but it expands some before ith gets there.

Try this: Make a tank and take some wire ad wrap it arround it about 20 times. Mark the exact start and finnish places of the wire. Take the wire off and pump to 200psi. Re-wrap and I bet that the wire doesn't make it as far.

For anyone who reads this: Do not judge me by my Join Date. I have been with NH for a while, but my old account got screwed and I couldnt use it anymore, so I created this one. I have been with Nerfing for years, I have been here for the fall of NO, the rise of this site, and 2 downings of NHQ.

I got all my info after working in my engineering lab for a day. I was doing a test for a pipe company <i cant say who for security> and these were my results.

Why the heck am I getting flamed at for sharing my new eat shit!!!!!!!!!!

#17097 New Darts

Posted by buckbogey on 25 January 2004 - 06:19 PM in General Nerf

I am stupid. They aren't quite like those, but are very close.

For anyone who reads this. Don't judge me on my join date. I just got slammed by the grinch because he wasnt smart enought to read my first post under this name. Anyway, I'll say what i have said before: I am not new to NH, or nerfing. My old account got screwed so I couldnt use it anymore. Never call me a n00b ever, I have been around for downing of NHQ, the fall of NO, and the creation of this site.

#17043 New Darts

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

What do you think I made them for? Mainly so nextime my friends and I have a backyard war, I can hurt.

#17038 Not Again!

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 10:03 PM in Off Topic

Hey, I dont post stuff like u say. Dont make all your assumptions off the join date. If you look at "This is a need to know" you will find that i have been with Nh, NHQ, NG for a very long time. I've been around for the fall of NO, and the last downing of NHQ.

You have got to think, and read my friend.

#17032 New Darts

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

I was testing out my gun and some darts that I made. I was thinking about how the 2" darts I use don't load easy and fishtail a lot. So I came up with a dart that is 1/2" long.

It works great. It increased the top range of the gun by 12'. And it was a lot more accurate.

Heres how to make it.

Cut a piece of fbr that is 1/2 inch long. take a sharp pencil and poke a whole in either end so they meet in the middle. Dont carve out the middle, just puncture it. Take a couple of 1/4 inch long screws and wedge them in either end. Take some hot glue and put a HUGE glob on top of each screw so it seals it in. The bigger the glob the better, but make sure they won't touch the barrel.

Shove it down the barrel and fire. The firs time I shot one it exploded upon impact! I made a few more stronger ones and bam, those things HURT. I hit in the middle of a 1' target from 30' 9 out of 10 times. They eliminate fishtailing, because they are so short, and they wont go cartwheeling, because they still have some lenght to them.

They make loading quicker because it doesnt matter which way you put them in.

Tell me what you think.

If you want to totlaly get rid of the chance of cartwheeling, make them 3/4 inch long.

#17031 Not Again!

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 09:29 PM in Off Topic

Why? Why did you post this. I know I'm double posting but plaese learn from this. Don't anoyone, ever, post this topic again!

Look, I'm so po'ed that I can't even spell!

#17023 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 08:35 PM in Homemades

I was testing out my gun and some darts that I made. I was thinking about how the 2" darts I use don't load easy and fishtail a lot. So I came up with a dart that is 1/2" long.

It works great. It increased the top range of the gun by 12'. And it was a lot more accurate.

Heres how to make it.

Cut a piece of fbr that is 1/2 inch long. take a sharp pencil and poke a whole in either end so they meet in the middle. Dont carve out the middle, just puncture it. Take a couple of 1/4 inch long screws and wedge them in either end. Take some hot glue and put a HUGE glob on top of each screw so it seals it in. The bigger the glob the better, but make sure they won't touch the barrel.

Shove it down the barrel and fire. The firs time I shot one it exploded upon impact! I made a few more stronger ones and bam, those things HURT. I hit in the middle of a 1' target from 30' 9 out of 10 times. They eliminate fishtailing, because they are so short, and they wont go cartwheeling, because they still have some lenght to them.

They make loading quicker because it doesnt matter which way you put them in.

Tell me what you think.

#17014 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 05:19 PM in Homemades

Tried it. Long time ago. I dont think it worked. I'm going to try it again, but what worries me is that to get enough heat to make a noiceable distance improvement, it might start to melt the tank.

#17013 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 05:15 PM in Homemades

The pvc TANK expands at 120 psi. The tubing can take 365 psi before it starts to expand. The tank expands increasing the diamiter by 1/5000 of an inch, not much but at 3/5000 the tank explodes.

About wrecking the darts. 120 doesnt hurt them at all, because th tank is so small, there is no fishtailng either.

Pic's comming soon!

#17000 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 03:12 PM in Homemades

I tested.

40psi can send a dart a whopping 63 feet <mean of 10> 120 <the point at wich at the tank starts to expand> It could sent a micro 108 <mean of 10>

Pics still coming

#16999 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 02:51 PM in Homemades

ValveWire cant stretch much right? So when you wrap the entire tank with copper coils, the tank cant expand and fracture. For more on the valve, here is the post: up top, sry.

#16996 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 02:33 PM in Homemades

Here is what i found:

t=tank volume
b=barrel volume
a=airloss ratio
o=output pressure

The equation si true if normal pressure=1

(t*B)a-:-a*b=o

or even simpler:

t-(a+B)=o

to find optimum barrel lenght ajust the tank and barrel volumes until o=1.5. The first equation is more accurate, but the second one is better for barrel lenght. I will post the equation i got this from if anyone would like, but it's a eye crosser.

sry, the smillies are b's

#16994 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 24 January 2004 - 02:25 PM in Homemades

This is my fith post in a month...Guess I just got a little Post Happy.

Anyway, I posted about a new valve about a week ago and I said I would try it out. So I did. The valve I was talking about <compressor nail gun repacement valve> is installed and it works better than any other valve i've ever used. Back to the gun. The barrel is 1/2 inch cpvc nested in 3/4 inch cpvc. It has a clip system making it a simi. The tank is 3/4 in pvc and can hold 120psi. I plan to wrap it in copper wire to bring the top psi to 260. Everything is connected with pressure rsistant tubing, the orange stuff you find in the hardware store.

Pic's comming soon.

#16954 What Gun Is This?

Posted by buckbogey on 23 January 2004 - 06:20 PM in General Nerf

got any pics? cant narrow the field very much with the gun ur describing.

#16841 New Valve

Posted by buckbogey on 21 January 2004 - 07:11 PM in Homemades

No name yet, all it is is a compresser nail gun replacement valve, thats what it says on the box. Price, you would be amazed, $3.99, that's less than it cost to build a zero valve. I'm going to replace the ball valve in one of my guns and see how it works.

#16810 New Valve

Posted by buckbogey on 21 January 2004 - 09:07 AM in Homemades

I went to the hardwere store yesterday to get some Plumbers Goop. On a bargin table there was this trigger looking thing. On closer inspection I found it was a fancy valve that is used to replace valves in Nail Guns. On the back of the box it said it was rated fo 500psi!!!!!!!!! And to make things even better, on either end there were threaded holes and those tube adapters for it.

Most people use Ball or zero related valves. I think this is smoething that someone missed and it might just work. Just spreading the word. I'll try it out in one of my guns and see if it works.

#16745 What Kind Of Pvc...help...

Posted by buckbogey on 20 January 2004 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Sorry you had to do all that. I normaly use brass of CPVC, but I changed to a different brand of FBR and they aren't the same size, even though the pacange says they are. I was just wondering what was out there. Thanks for what you did.

#16718 Tank Or No Tank

Posted by buckbogey on 19 January 2004 - 09:53 PM in Homemades

I am talking about that zero valve. Thanks for the info, im not the man to ask about tanks, but I specialize in barrels. Your kindness will not go unreconized. <happy crying>

#16716 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 19 January 2004 - 09:46 PM in Homemades

I like the idea of the air temp. Ill try that out. Sry, but i dont own a spring gun, so I cant help you there.

#16713 Tank Or No Tank

Posted by buckbogey on 19 January 2004 - 09:20 PM in Homemades

I'm making my millionth <exateration> homemade. I normaly use a very small tank and a zero valve on my sidearms. I was wondering if i even need that extra tank. I can normaly get about 3 shots off with the tank, and I know ill only be able to get one off without it. But with the time it takes to re-load, wouldn't be easier just to have a zero. Also, sometimes I have trouble with fishtaling on the 10 inch barrels, could dropping that extra tank stop that?

#16705 A Question About Stefans

Posted by buckbogey on 19 January 2004 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

Who does the "Glue Gun <cone in back>" and who does the "Nail or straw." I've found those to be some detirmaning factors also. In my expirence the no hole and nail or straw did about the same. But the Glue Gun was more accurate and had about a 5 foot advantage.

#16691 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 19 January 2004 - 05:41 PM in Homemades

I couldnt get any pics up so i will give my best descriptipn. On the opposing end of the barrel or release end, i put a metal washer ove the 1/4 inch rod so it sat against the end cap. I put the spring so it sat on the washer, Then i drilled a hole in the 1/4 inch rod so i could put a pin in. I put another washer inbetween the pin and the spring. It works pretty good, although somtimes the rod doesnt land right in the middle of the washer.

#16684 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 19 January 2004 - 04:37 PM in Homemades

Whats up with all of the waving. Forget all, Forgive all.

#16683 What Kind Of Pvc...help...

Posted by buckbogey on 19 January 2004 - 04:29 PM in General Nerf

I tried copper, PVC, CPVC, steel pipe, and a few other things that i cant remember. Nothing gave the fit i wanted. Where the heck do you get PETG, i've looked everywhere for it, but cant find it.

#16655 What Kind Of Pvc...help...

Posted by buckbogey on 18 January 2004 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

I tried taking darts to the store <i use micro setfans> but nothing fit, Not PETG, not brass nothing! Please, i have got to get another barrel before the next war. If anyone who knows any special material, please help.

#16633 What Kind Of Pvc...help...

Posted by buckbogey on 18 January 2004 - 04:48 PM in General Nerf

Holy Crap please tell me i'm not that bad of a speller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

#16632 What Kind Of Pvc...help...

Posted by buckbogey on 18 January 2004 - 04:46 PM in General Nerf

Hey, I went to the hardware sotre the other day ad was looking at a new barrel for a hommade <i blew out my old one>.

I need to know what is better, Regular old PVC, of that new CPVC.

#16631 I Need Help Finding The Gun Of My Dreams

Posted by buckbogey on 18 January 2004 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

if you cant find it try a modified air soft. I did one a long time ago and it was awesome. I broke it and got rid of it so I don't remember exactaly what I did, but i did change the barrel. Like nobody could think of that. :lol:

#16630 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 18 January 2004 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

hey, air or CO2, or most gases are fluids. Fluid means that a substance is severly plastic, or even simpler, anything that can flow between your fingers is a fluid. Liquid and fluid are not the same thing, so dont think that way.

#16591 Pvc Pipes

Posted by buckbogey on 17 January 2004 - 08:40 PM in Homemades

Hey, make sure you get the CPVC for the barrel. The regular PVC is 1/16 to big, and the dart is loose. <sry, but i suck at spelling for a grown man>

#16590 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 17 January 2004 - 08:37 PM in Homemades

Thanks Ranger. And for everyone else, I'm not a newb, they just screwed up my old account.

#16515 My Gun

Posted by buckbogey on 16 January 2004 - 07:25 PM in Homemades

Hey, about the spring in the trigger. I just modified a zero so the trigger is pushed back in after ever pull, ill try to get some pics up.

#16513 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 16 January 2004 - 07:21 PM in Homemades

I understand your point, but i still defend my point. I'm an engineer, and this is just what i was tought. Also, with the fishtailing, the front of the dart should be heavier than the back. Even though air follows the dart out of the barrel, they should bot be moving at the same speed, so as long as your barrel isn't too long, fishtailing shouldn't be a problem

#16498 Facts, This Is A Need To Know

Posted by buckbogey on 16 January 2004 - 04:44 PM in Homemades

Ok, I saw some of the post about trouble with barrels. I've done some test and here is what I found. For the best possible combination of power and aim, the tank should be 5 time the size of the barrel. I know that that sounds like a lot, but it really isnt. Also you don,t need those huge barrels that I've been seeing, once they pass being 1/5 of the size of the tank, your power and control die. Please tell me if you dont think this is true. I tested with a couple of my homemades.