Darth Freyr's Content

There have been 75 items by Darth Freyr (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#296442 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Darth Freyr on 22 March 2011 - 12:10 PM in Homemades

Well, I also finished up another blaster recently. It was designed before that other monster, but completed after. It originally had a pinky/ring finger trigger.
Posted Image
I updated it for the middle finger trigger, and finished up the plungers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#296283 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Darth Freyr on 19 March 2011 - 09:40 PM in Homemades

Some words first, then pictures. I've been working on a blaster design for a while now. My goals were to have it be comfortable, simple, fairly cheap, and pump action. My first attempt looked like this (1). After quite a bit of thinking, I was able to simplify a lot of the pieces. As it is now, no internal cuts are necessary. The plunger rod is constructed around 10-32 steel threaded rod, with locknuts at both ends and aluminium spacers acting as the catch, similar to that in a 2-11. The catch plate has no slots, and just slides between 4 screws (2). I also got rid of the extra support inside the plunger tube. Adding pump action was just a matter of a 2" PVC grip, a few minor changes, and a sliding plate (3), which I've widened since that one. From there, I went crazy.
*1Posted Image *2Posted Image *3Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The last one is two plungers connected on the same handle. The top plunger has a 20-tube turreted chopper. The bottom plunger is pump action. The front plate has holes to put darts into.
Posted Image
I'm planning on shotgunning the bottom plunger.
I hope to have a write-up for the basic version in the near future. There are a lot more pictures here, though some are still pretty big. If you have questions, find me on the IRC.

Also, I've heard that some people think Zero valves wouldn't work.

#251779 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Darth Freyr on 26 September 2009 - 09:50 PM in Homemades

My Snap:
Posted Image
Normal Snap internals and a +bow spring. Close up on some parts.
The handle is hose clamped on. The trigger is "pulled" by pushing your finger upward.
Posted Image
The stock is made of 3/4" PVC with pipe insulation padding.
Posted Image
The priming handle is made of CPVC fittings and is attached with a 4-40 screw for removability.
Posted Image
The triple RSCB rotates on a 1/4" rod. When the first tube is empty you pull it back, turn it 120 degrees, and let it go. The tee has some o-rings so the RSCB is sealed but still easy to pull out. Also, unseen in the tee is a piece of 5/8"*3/4" vinyl tubing to guide the darts into a 12" CPVC barrel with a hole in the bottom to allow air flow.
Posted Image

Also, the breech to my +bow.
Posted Image
It is a spring operated CS-style breech. The handle is screwed into the 1/2" CPVC and superglued on. At the rear of the assembly is a piece of 21/32" brass, which makes an airtight seal with the CPVC.
Posted Image

#274612 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Darth Freyr on 12 May 2010 - 05:59 PM in Homemades

Well, I guess I should post up my SNAPBow. It's one of my favorite blasters. It has 6 4-dart RSCBs on a turret, and a 25th dart can be preloaded in the tee. The RSCB turret is moved by pulling it back, rotating it 60 degrees, and letting it spring into the tee again.
Posted Image
I used 5/8" by 3/4" polycarbonate for the RSCB tubes, with 3/4" by 7/8" polycarbonate on the ends. The tee is actually a 3/4" CPVC tee. It is connected to the blaster using 1/2" PVC, which has e-tape wrapped around it to fit in the tee. Darts can easily be loaded from the front of the RSCBs.
Posted Image
The darts stay in the tubes pretty well. The only issue is that if you are swinging it forcefully and are unlucky you may lose a dart out the front occasionally. The RSCB turret is attached using 1/2" rod and 6-32 threaded rod. The clothespin is also not glued down and slides as you pull the trigger
Posted Image
The priming handle slides in a slot in the plunger rod. The plunger rod is made from 9/16" by 5/8" nylon, which fits nicely into the CPVC fitting. The mass of the moving plunger is about 50 grams. If anyone knows the mass of a normal SNAPBow plunger, please tell me.
Posted Image
You can just pull the handle back and let it go. I don't have ranges, but it works well at wars. That's my SNAPBow, I hope someone gets some good ideas from it.

#233713 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by Darth Freyr on 31 May 2009 - 11:26 PM in Homemades

Lt. Stefan: I believe I have the same model as you and the manual specifically states to turn the lever one full rotation clockwise, especially if the blade is loose.

#264799 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Darth Freyr on 09 February 2010 - 12:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I will probably be there. Is anyone willing give me a ride to the war, preferably from the Eastside? I would help pay for gas, ferry etc. I will probably need to borrow some of the community darts. Tantum, could you please bring two RF20 spacer plates for pickup. Thank you. If anyone wants to buy a +bow and save on shipping, the price is negotiable.

#290549 R Series Blasters - Overview!

Posted by Darth Freyr on 09 December 2010 - 10:23 PM in Homemades

Alright, I feel obliged to say something due to the arguments in this thread. ice is referring to 9662K45 while windtex1 (and the rest of us) assumed he meant 9637K45. Problem solved. Drac, McMaster suggests that the ID of 9637K25 is 0.808", and the one I have fits very tightly over and squeezes 1/2" PVC, completely unusable for a plunger. You have some [k25] springs that fit over 1/2" PVC though? That's an interesting conundrum.

On-topic now. This is a pretty interesting design. I think I may be trying it out soon, albeit with 9/16" OD nylon because that's what I have laying around. I think I'll also be using an angled handle. When you said you preferred vertical, was that compared to using a 45 degree elbow? Have you thought about making use of quick release pins or something of that sort to hold it together, so that you could switch the parts out mid- or between rounds? Also, in the video, it looked like the priming tee could have hit the hand that was on the trigger. Have you noticed this being a problem?

#282271 2-11

Posted by Darth Freyr on 05 August 2010 - 11:15 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Yeah, the pump action is fun. For the skirt head, 9562K48 fits with a 1.5" spacer inside. What spring are you using? I hope you don't mind if my write-up is up first. Also, did you have any issues getting a good barrel fit? If anyone cares, I'm probably also going to make another one that uses either a 12" PT or full spring, probably the latter.

#222812 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Darth Freyr on 10 April 2009 - 09:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Just use a bunch of these. Have them connected to some sort of "detonator" that you have to pull. They're $2 for 8 or so. I am a confirmed for getting there.

#222962 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Darth Freyr on 11 April 2009 - 09:28 AM in Nerf Wars

They're not so much confetti, but 10 streamers each, often hooked together.

#295346 Effeminate 2.1

Posted by Darth Freyr on 04 March 2011 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet, I'm open for any Saturday in April, I can't do the 10th (Sunday). Time to make darts and finish my blasters. This is going to be awesome.

#296189 Effeminate 2.1

Posted by Darth Freyr on 17 March 2011 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a couple things to say. First, if anyone wants any of the foam taer ordered, which I'm storing, let me know. I can cut some lengths in advance and bag them up in a nice roll for you. It's going to be $20 for 250' and $10 for 100'. Also, I'm going to be bringing some basic, pullback, loaner SNAPs, in case anyone needs to borrow a blaster.

#246442 Berserker Internals

Posted by Darth Freyr on 10 August 2009 - 03:25 PM in General Nerf

Mine does real slam fire. It releases the catch when the handle is at the end of its forward stroke. However, slam fire only works consistently when I go slowly, it doesn't fire when I pump too quickly.

#253213 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Darth Freyr on 10 October 2009 - 11:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I am posting to confirm that I will be there. I will have 2 +bows for sale for $110.

#251361 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Darth Freyr on 22 September 2009 - 10:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I will probably be there if I can get a ride. I live in the Rose Hill area of Kirkland.

#273348 Lab Redesign Contest

Posted by Darth Freyr on 25 April 2010 - 10:26 PM in General Nerf

Okay, here we go. My version of the LAB is a little different. Before you ask, I don't know what the materials cost for just it is because I bought stuff for several blasters on McMaster. Here is a shot of the whole thing.
Posted Image
As you can probably tell, I also "used" a +bow handle. The LAB mounts with 10-32 or 10-24 screws. There is an 1/8" gap on both sides though.
Posted Image
The catch is pretty simple, just a normal plate.
Posted Image
It is fired with the lever. Just pull it up after you prime the blaster. Here is a good picture of the whole thing while primed with the lever forward.
Posted Image
The blaster shoots fairly well. I used for a few rounds today (along with my +bow) and it was very effective. It makes a nice second shot with good range. I still need to find a good setup for barrels though.
Some more background in before the deadline: My design was intended to add another shot to my +bow for rushing, both defending against and performing them. It served this purpose well. When I used it, it just had a 12" breech, but I plan to use some sort of breeched shotgun or whatnot. What I feel is innovative about it is the use of the +bow mounting holes and using the lever as the trigger. I think that pretty much sums up the criteria.
There are also several more pictures in the Photobucket album and I can take more on request.

#293145 My Nerf Salvofly

Posted by Darth Freyr on 20 January 2011 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

Well, I was going to order this... I saw that it shipped from cincinnati ohio, which I live 20 minutes (MAYBE) from. I then proceeded to make an order. They want 8.77 for shipping, and then they have a 10 dollar handling fee on top of that. That is just total BS. 10 dollars to put something in a padded envelope? 8.77 to ship something that is the size of 5 nickels stacked on top of each other down the street? RIDICULOUS.

Ordering from the Clippard site isn't the best choice. Oftentimes you can find the products on ebay or other sites with much more reasonable S+H. I got a regulator from them a while back, and it was actually from an industrial surplus site. So just look around and search for the item number, and it should show up eventually.

#231660 Nerf Nade

Posted by Darth Freyr on 21 May 2009 - 08:28 AM in Homemades

The only way you can use a spring powered launcher is with a quarter inch barrel or if you use a SNAP or a Big SNAP. To shorten the length you could use multiple plunger assemblies. You could also use a SNAP design without the plunger head to just push your grenade.

#231438 The Rogue "sereph"

Posted by Darth Freyr on 19 May 2009 - 11:11 PM in Modifications

A compromise for linked triggers would be to have the trigger linked to a keyring, small carabiner, etc., and connect that to the attachment's trigger. This would allow you to retain the modularity and have linked triggers.

#276521 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by Darth Freyr on 31 May 2010 - 06:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, I should be there. I may be a bit late, up to 30 minutes, but I should be on time if all goes as planned. On another note, I have a lot of stuff, but I won't be able to bring everything. If anyone has a specific request, please let me know ahead of time. I hope to see everyone there and have a ton of fun.

#276525 Epic Summer War Part 3

Posted by Darth Freyr on 31 May 2010 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

You can make requests from the other thread or you can ask for something and I'll see if I have it. You can PM me here, on the other major sites, or just hop on nerfchat. I may have lists compiled before the war, but I don't guarantee it. Some of the stuff is here, but there is a lot more. I hope to have all my new darts and an xbow finished before the war too, to try that out.

#295347 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Darth Freyr on 04 March 2011 - 07:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm planning on making it. I hope this one is as awesome as all the others.

#223366 Compact Homemade

Posted by Darth Freyr on 13 April 2009 - 09:11 AM in Homemades

My argument still holds. Tank pressure + cracking pressure = pressure in the pump. Can you see the pump, when fully compressed, has a greater pressure than the tank. The blast button has nowhere to release. Air would most likely flow in the opposite direction. Tantum's idea would work, but I don't believe it needs the gizmo on the bottom.

#223159 Compact Homemade

Posted by Darth Freyr on 12 April 2009 - 12:15 AM in Homemades

It looks like your blast button would release air into the sealed end of the pump, which would probably be at the same pressure as the blast chamber, and do nothing.

#223390 Compact Homemade

Posted by Darth Freyr on 13 April 2009 - 02:20 PM in Homemades

I think it would work and I never said or "impiled" anything to the contrary.

#223387 Compact Homemade

Posted by Darth Freyr on 13 April 2009 - 02:04 PM in Homemades

It could be thought of as a check valve with a manual release.

#223574 Compact Homemade

Posted by Darth Freyr on 14 April 2009 - 02:00 PM in Homemades

How about something like this.
Posted Image
Instead of using a back-pressure system, just use a traditional tank and valve. I believe someone made a homemade tank, you could just us a longer pin. Pump back and forth to prime and pull all the way forward to fire.

#285445 Effeminate Summer War Part 7

Posted by Darth Freyr on 15 September 2010 - 09:52 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, cleared my schedule, I'm going to be there. I hope I can get all my insanities in order before the 2nd though.

#270010 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by Darth Freyr on 22 March 2010 - 11:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be there. It sounds like fun. What time do you think it will be over? Hopefully I can finish my SNAP in time. To those of you who saw my first SNAP, it is based on a SNAPBow MK.V with 6 RSCBs and a lighter plunger rod.

#269787 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by Darth Freyr on 20 March 2010 - 10:26 PM in Nerf Wars

My spring break starts on March 27 and runs for 9 days including weekends until April 4. I would probably go to an Auburn war.

#268971 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by Darth Freyr on 12 March 2010 - 11:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I won't make July 17 and I'm busy from 8 am to 12pm on June 26, but the rest of the dates sound good so far. I may be able to help with scouting locations in the Kirkland area, if need be.

#268817 "epic Summer 2010 Nerfmania"

Posted by Darth Freyr on 11 March 2010 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, sounds Effeminate. I know I will be gone from July 2 until July 17. Hopefully I will also have a job, however that can probably be worked around. What sort of locations/ranges have you been looking at?
Broderick, on the Alamo, the defenders are allowed to reload. However this is often impossible or unnecessary due to short rounds, oncoming attackers, and Raider drums.

#332005 WANO I

Posted by Darth Freyr on 16 July 2013 - 10:36 PM in Nerf Wars

At this point, I think it's safe to say I'm a definite for this war, at least as far as one can ever be. I'm driving over from the Eastside, and I think I can spare a couple seats. I should have several blasters available as loaners, if anyone needs them. If you or your guest are looking to borrow one, it would be helpful if you can send me an email to let me know. It's by no means necessary, but I just want to keep track on how things are looking beforehand.

Lizard Messiah, if there's anything I can do to help with organization and/or supplies, just let me know.

On another note, I've been wondering if there's much interest in doing a Washington wye group-buy. If that's something that would interest you, or if I've missed something like that going on, send me an email.

#283654 Effeminate Summer War Part 6

Posted by Darth Freyr on 21 August 2010 - 09:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I'm going to be a bit late, 12:15-12:30, but I will be there. My stuff isn't entirely done, but I can still show and tell about it.

#284084 Effeminate Summer War Part 6

Posted by Darth Freyr on 27 August 2010 - 01:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I know the 4th wouldn't work for me, and I want to get in at least one more war this season. I'm going to be out the 18th for sure, and probably a couple others, which I should know soon. I assume they are the same as Tantum's though, as they are XC meets.

#282657 Effeminate Summer War Part 6

Posted by Darth Freyr on 09 August 2010 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to be there. I hope to have some extra insanity with me this time, with a huge finale for the next one.

#291006 Scun December 18th War: Christ

Posted by Darth Freyr on 16 December 2010 - 12:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'm going to be in the area this weekend, but I'm only a maybe for warring. Maybe plus one too. This is going to be awesome if I make it.

Nevermind, plans change and I have almost no chance of being there. Oh well.

#281271 Epic Summer War Part 5

Posted by Darth Freyr on 26 July 2010 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

So, I thought I'd already posted, but apparently not. I should be there.

#272264 Epic Summer War Part 1

Posted by Darth Freyr on 14 April 2010 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make it. If it means anything, I would prefer Marymoor as it is much closer to me.

#272804 Epic Summer War Part 1

Posted by Darth Freyr on 20 April 2010 - 05:05 PM in Nerf Wars

This is the area IIRC.
Posted Image
If anyone wants to buy a +bow, they are at a negotiable $85. Please PM me beforehand. Also, I'm interested in a stock or lightly modded Quad/Triple Shot or RFDG if anyone has one.