jackster57's Content

There have been 304 items by jackster57 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#177761 Ma War?

Posted by jackster57 on 16 September 2008 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Um. Where do I start.....

#1 CODE OF CONDUCT.
It is your friend. Read it , learn it , DO IT.

Please search , avoid txt tlk and use proper grammar.

And yes there is 2 Nerf Wars in your area.

Fighting Jack Frost - http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12697

Maine Nerf War - http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13121

Thanks.

#166377 Would This Work?

Posted by jackster57 on 04 August 2008 - 07:54 AM in Modifications

Yep. I tried it. It works but not as well as the LS. Also you are gonna have to dremel the Squash out of both sides of the bolt and the receiver part. I can now shoot Taggers pretty consistently , but I still have trouble with Micros.

Jackster57

#166973 Smdtb Problemos

Posted by jackster57 on 06 August 2008 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

The other day I picked up a "SpiderMan 3 nerf dart tag blaster at TRU for 12 bucks. I Immedetly modded one with brass barrels. The first day it was working pretty good and getting about 55 feet. The next day my friends and I were having a small war in a nearby park and I decided to bring my new smdtg's along to accompony my maxshot. At first they were working about the same and getting about 45 feet. But Then I noticed that every about 10th shot the darts would fire >30 feet. As the day progressed the problems got worse, until I was misfirng about every 3 shots. When I got home I checked for leaks by submerging the blaster in water, I found None. Then just to be sure I opened it up , rechecked and then hotglued around of all the valves and barrels. But sure enough the first time I tested It I was dissapointed with 30 foot or less ranges. These guns seem to have potential , but I need to find out whats wrong. Any help Is appreaciated.

Edit- I modded the other one with AR removeal and am having a simlar problem.

Also all ranged are with the included stock taggers.

Please contibute your help.

Jackster57

#161220 Smano

Posted by jackster57 on 02 July 2008 - 07:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Yes! Finally a war in Maine! Mkay so here are the dates that work for me I am booked solid through July with the exception of the 26th. Also I am leaving for MN on the 5th where I am attending that MN war with the acronym thingy. I could go to this war if it was on the 26th of July and the 2nd of August. I think I have a good park in mind. The only problem with it is that is has a path around the outside that is walked by a moderate amount of people other than that it is a perfect place. It has bathrooms and a nice small market with snacks , energy drinks and ice cream nearby.

Here is the park on google maps

http://maps.google.c...009699&t=h&z=17

Scroll around the park to see all the possible playing areas. It is surrounded by woods on one side and a path and a river on the other.

Hope this works out

Edit: I could bring between 1 and 2 attendees with me.

#218095 Massachusetts Nerf War

Posted by jackster57 on 15 March 2009 - 05:45 PM in Nerf Wars

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=15022

#182683 Sch 80 Pvc

Posted by jackster57 on 09 October 2008 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Jackster has the right part number, but a nonsensical price.

There's no big secret to navigating McMaster. Just start you search with a generic term like "pipe" or "plastics" the refine by type, size, shape, material, price, or specification.

Wait... It was 17 bucks with shipping. Just checked the invoice. I got a 10 foot insanely heavy duty shipping tube. It was worth the money.
The tube cost 10 bucks. It is the most hard core shipping tube I have EVER seen. And I bought the item.

#182540 Sch 80 Pvc

Posted by jackster57 on 09 October 2008 - 06:14 AM in Modifications

It took ME 40 seconds...

Here is the part # 48855K21 comes to about $23 shipped.

#154181 Wierd At2k Problem

Posted by jackster57 on 01 May 2008 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

I just modded my at2k but when i pump it air seems to be leaking out where the plastic goo holding part of the good gauge meets the orange part of the goo gauge. To fix this problem i first tried unscrewing the orange goo gauge part then when i put it back together the problem was still there. Then lining the area with hot glue where the leak was happing. But still no fixo. When i pump it i can fully hear the air leaking out and after about 7 seconds after if pump it there is no air left at all.
I know im kinda a Knewblet but this is about my 5th mod. Can any one help me out?

Jackster57

#185169 O Rings

Posted by jackster57 on 23 October 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

Hi, i'm wondering what size o rings are the ds and nf because i'm going to the hardware store to buy them and are they the same sizes?

You could just bring the plunger tube. I do not recall the actual #'s though. Just bring the tube and ask them for a o-ring that fits.

#219930 Ligntning Blitz Pump Help

Posted by jackster57 on 26 March 2009 - 03:38 PM in Modifications

Get something like this. http://www.mcmaster....5117k96/=169nl5

Then drill the hole in the pump caseing a little bit bigger until it is the size of the threads. Then put plumbers goop on the treads and screw it into the hole you just drilled. Then just put some more plumbers goop on it until its airtight. Problem Solved.

#204423 Mm2k

Posted by jackster57 on 18 January 2009 - 01:19 PM in Modifications

Why? The 2k gets the same range and is much cleaner looking and easier to pump.

#189554 Catch Fire Replacement Balls

Posted by jackster57 on 13 November 2008 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

They won't? :o
Is there any type of replacement balls for the catch/trigger fire?

#189550 Catch Fire Replacement Balls

Posted by jackster57 on 13 November 2008 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

Hello. I am thinking of buying a Zoom-O catch fire ball gun. As seen at Target.com http://www.target.co.....h fire&page=1

However I am unsure of if nerf "ballistic" balls will fit and fire well in this gun. This is huge factor over wether I buy the gun or not and I would like to now.
Someone please give me a answer.
Thanks.

#219892 Ligntning Blitz Pump Help

Posted by jackster57 on 26 March 2009 - 05:39 AM in Modifications

Yeah, just get some new tubing and plumers goop. Problem solved! I think its 3/8 OD 1/4ID clear tubing. Alternatively I have a stock LB that I would sell you with no pump problems. Hope it works out for you as the LB is a great gun.

#236458 Menwar Tune-up War.

Posted by jackster57 on 15 June 2009 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there.

#154226 Wierd At2k Problem

Posted by jackster57 on 02 May 2008 - 06:09 AM in General Nerf

No, don't just go in blindly and start gluing everything. I made this mistake once, and I'll never do it again. It ruined my Magstrike. Put soapy water over the general area of where you think the leak is, then pump up the gun. Wherever bubbles start forming is where your leak is at. Wash the thing off, and put Plumbers Goop over that area. Wait 24-48 hours and it should be good.

Before I do this I should remove all the old hot glue right? Also does this problem definetly sound like a bad goo tank and not a bad pump plug?
I just want to make sure before i go buy plumbers goop.

#237150 Menwar Tune-up War.

Posted by jackster57 on 18 June 2009 - 02:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I may need to change the date to the 30th of June, is this okay for everyone?

I would not be there on the 30th

#254317 Meno 2, Halloween

Posted by jackster57 on 22 October 2009 - 02:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Cold Sucks and Parties be Krazy. I'm out.

#154191 Wierd At2k Problem

Posted by jackster57 on 01 May 2008 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

So your saying basicly just cover the whole air tank and orange thing with goop?

#159413 "nitefinder Rifle"

Posted by jackster57 on 16 June 2008 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

I decided to make a "Nite Finder Rifle " sort of mod for my nite finder and I have a few questions that you guys can help me answer.

1st Q. What type of glue is best for attaching the 2 plunger rods together? I used "Plastic Weld ® " and some goop but I dont think its gonna hold. Also , is the something else besides glue that helps secure the plunger rods together?

2nd Q. What kind of material is the plunger case made of? I know some people have used PETG but what size PETG makes a good seal on the nite finder plunger head? If some one could either tell me the size and where to buy it or just give me the McMaster item # , or (best option) if you could sell me a foot or so of the stuff, that would be great.

Thanks for the help.

Jackster

#215906 Preliminary Planning For A Connecticut War

Posted by jackster57 on 02 March 2009 - 03:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Just like an FYI to any people from Maine looking at coming, it is about 4 hours from Naples (Wes) and about 3.15 from Portland. I am a not likely but maybe I will be able to come.

#159426 "nitefinder Rifle"

Posted by jackster57 on 16 June 2008 - 08:04 PM in Modifications

What kind of screw did you use? Also, I am using one NF plunger rod and one ss1 plunger rod so I cant join 2 nf tubes together.

#278632 L.j.w 1

Posted by jackster57 on 26 June 2010 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a distant maybe. If I can come, I'll try to bring a few guests.

IS DAT ME?

#222345 The Struck Bow

Posted by jackster57 on 08 April 2009 - 05:52 AM in Homemades

Hmm. Your Ls was better. Just kidding! This thing is really good. I have been meaning to do this to my BBBB but I haven't had the time or the parts. I am glad to be able to see this at the war this saturday.

#230641 Help With Kbarker's Nite Finder Rifle

Posted by jackster57 on 16 May 2009 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

I used a polycarbonate tube that had the same OD but a much smaller ID as a 1'' piece of CPVC then at home depot I got a 1'' x 1/2 '' NPT CPVC reducer. Worked great. I also used a derlin plunger rod and got around 110 feet.

#164372 My Nerf Games

Posted by jackster57 on 25 July 2008 - 08:11 AM in Nerf Wars

These sound pretty cool indeed. I dont know if they would be necessarily good for large scale wars , but they sound like great fun if you have 10 or so friends to nerf with. Ill try these new game types out sometime soon.

P.S. There is a filter on NH that changes "SN|PER" to loser. Although your usage of "douche bag is perfectly acceptable, the filter is on because a lot of lame new members talk about "SNIPPPINNNN" in nerf which is pretty darn non existent.
Just a heads up.

Welcome to the NIC

#163824 The Dangerous Book For Boys

Posted by jackster57 on 23 July 2008 - 06:14 AM in Off Topic

I second that statement. I built the go kart out of that book , along with many other projects. I would recommend it to all.

#159532 "nitefinder Rifle"

Posted by jackster57 on 17 June 2008 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

Ill take a foot of 1" thinwall for 3 bucks. How much is shipin to 04096? PM me back with details and we will talk.

Thanks ,
Jackster

#188210 Could We Add Cbox?

Posted by jackster57 on 08 November 2008 - 09:17 AM in Site Feedback

Been Discussed Many Times Before. And Failed. Many times before.

#184600 Pictures In Signatures

Posted by jackster57 on 20 October 2008 - 06:02 AM in Off Topic

You question too many rules. Also I would agree that you post WAY too much. Its a freakin 1000x800 image.... It would take up more space than your post. Let this die. Please.

#185179 750 Pumps.

Posted by jackster57 on 23 October 2008 - 07:48 PM in General Nerf

5 I believe. I used to give mine that before it exploded. Just Kidding. I sold it to MSDFS.
I WOULD NOT DO MORE THAN 6! But hell, my friend gives his at2k 8 and its fine...

#172264 Magstrike Pump Issues

Posted by jackster57 on 25 August 2008 - 08:04 AM in Modifications

I could sell you a spare magstrke pump/bladder if you are interested. PM me if you are interested.

#218096 +bow Color Scheme

Posted by jackster57 on 15 March 2009 - 05:50 PM in Homemades

Do the yellow theme, but make it a more not-goldish POP in your face yellow. Then paint the radioactive symbol with a yellow base coat and red splatter paint.

#179324 Should I Host An Ma War?

Posted by jackster57 on 24 September 2008 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Or you could come to the ME war. LINKAGE - http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13121
Its only 2 hr. from Boston. Come Please. All you.

#228471 My Arsenal

Posted by jackster57 on 06 May 2009 - 05:51 AM in Modifications

They're good, but the paint jobs would look better if they had more black. I would proablably do about 8 more coats of flat back. Just to make it look more like A G.O.W RPG you know?

#159241 Nano Recap

Posted by jackster57 on 15 June 2008 - 11:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like a blast. Anyone "driveby" someone while sliding down that huge slide? That would have been pretty awesome.

#206442 The Handy Pistol

Posted by jackster57 on 25 January 2009 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

Sweet. I like it. Cleaness is sexy. Was this from the Camo Longshot that was at Menwar?

#175591 How Tight Should They Be?

Posted by jackster57 on 07 September 2008 - 07:26 AM in General Nerf

Fist off yes, the title is a that's what she said joke on purpose.

Now for my real question. How tight do I want my darts in their barrel? I am using a Maxshot and will soon upgrade to a ETRL pump action shotgun. My stefans are tight in cpvc. While I do not have to twist them in, I can NOT blow them down the barrel what-so-ever. In 17/32nds brass the fit is similar to cpvc but a bit looser. In PETG my darts are very loose. They are about as loose as can be without sliding up and down. I can NOT slide the darts by shaking the PETG though. I am using a CPVC coupler on my maxshot as of now, with 9'' of CPVC. My question to you guys is "What type of barrel set-up should I use in my high powered springers? I can never really get a straight answer. Because I have never warred with anyone besides my inexperienced friends I am unsure of which barrel set up will give me the best range/accuracy. Also I am using both C_S style felt and washer stefans along with 3 copper bb stefans. Please help me put an end to this on going question in my head.

Thanks,
Jack

#175595 How Tight Should They Be?

Posted by jackster57 on 07 September 2008 - 07:47 AM in General Nerf

You took the turret off my old maxshot? Oh well. I would strongly reccomend a nested brass barrel of 3 inches of 17/32 nested into 9 inches of 9/16, all nested in PVC, and jammed into a coupler. I tried this, and I have very similar fitting darts to you (tight in CPVC, and loose in OMC petg)
Hope this helps.

Sorry, but yes I did take the turret off of the maxshot. It got to be a pain, and its range was only OK. Thanks for the advice about the barrel set up. And the maxshot is still holding strong.

#248426 Double Crossbow Mod

Posted by jackster57 on 24 August 2009 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

Cool. In the Mods and PJ thread didn't you post the same thing with like RSCB's on each barrel?