Diablo's Content

There have been 249 items by Diablo (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#140140 The Vulcan

Posted by Diablo on 14 February 2008 - 04:54 AM in General Nerf

I don't think the chain would work on older chain guns. This fires micro darts, the Razorbeast, Roto-trak, and Chainblazer all shoot megas.

It's also not certain that this will fire via a flywheel, SPU-Nerf. It's possible, but I really hope it's not.

I think the concept of this gun sounds great for indoor wars. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for people playing games like HvZ. As far as for those who Nerf in the outdoors, I doubt it will be of much use.

#127307 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Diablo on 25 October 2007 - 12:51 PM in News

Aesthetically speaking the gun seems very awesome.

Practically speaking, not so much. I can't help but notice that there's really no room for a large plunger. Just like everyone else has said, we're going to have to wait and see about this one.

#90780 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by Diablo on 29 September 2006 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

I came back to Nerf at such an amazing time.

3 clips? That is insane. Just insane, amazing mod!

#91124 Yet Another Longshot Mod...

Posted by Diablo on 03 October 2006 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

That's amazing.

I like yours, and Slugs, both are very nice looking guns. Great job on that.

#135590 +bow

Posted by Diablo on 11 January 2008 - 03:33 AM in Homemades

Homemades have come such a long way since I first joined the NIC.

Fantastic job on this, CaptainSlug. I really like how you took the time to write up a fully complete tutorial also. I read it from start to finish and it's very easy to comprehend. I have all the tools at my disposal to build one of these, so perhaps I'll look into doing so one day.

Amazing job once again, and I hope that if you plan on selling these you'll have enough buyers to merit your effort.

#138725 Recon Shoulder Stock Rebuild With Spring Integration And Shotgun Mod.

Posted by Diablo on 05 February 2008 - 03:16 AM in Modifications

That looks great. I'm really glad people are starting to find better ways to modify this gun. Your mod seems very functional and cosmetically appealing to boot.

Great job.

#134913 Adding Another Spring To The Recon

Posted by Diablo on 04 January 2008 - 02:31 AM in Modifications

What I was about to post many of you already stated. A more compressed spring would warrant better results. By shortening the space the spring has to compress, more compression will occur, and thus a greater force will be exerted upon firing.

I also think that a bigger gauge spring would work better, if the Recon can handle that much extra force. If it can't, I'm sure some reinforcement would do the trick.

Great initial idea though! I never would have thought of this myself, and I'm really glad that many of us are finding ways to improve upon it.

#140971 Absolver- Titan Modification

Posted by Diablo on 18 February 2008 - 03:15 AM in Modifications

As Forsaken Angel already told you, that is a phenomenal first post. I understood your write up completely, and it looks like it'd be great for your indoor wars too.

A lot of members have been throwing ideas at you like crazy in this thread. It seems that you have a pretty good Nerfing strategy already though; the AT2k/Shotgun Titan combo seems to be a great fit for the way you Nerf. I would avoid all of the crazy integration ideas that some of these kids are telling you to do. Make your gun how you want to make it, after all you'll be the one using it.

Oh, and welcome to NerfHaven.

#136048 Ecno

Posted by Diablo on 15 January 2008 - 01:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I have yet to go to an east coast event but have always wanted to. I might start an overnight management position at my work soon, which would entail me working 8 days in a row and then getting 6 days off. If I get this position, and your war date falls on a day that I have off, I would really like to make the trip out there to war with you guys. If I don't get this management position, I should be able to request one of those days off anyway.

By no means plan this war around me, but I would really like to come out and Nerf. I missed the last Ohio Nerf war due to a family party, so I need my fix.

#138917 Ecno

Posted by Diablo on 06 February 2008 - 02:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Are any ohioans thinking of attending? particulary Lynx or the UC clanners?

I might be there, depending on what my schedule looks like.

Are you looking to carpool? I'm in Cleveland.

#140397 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Diablo on 15 February 2008 - 02:21 AM in General Nerf

My first gun was an Eagle Eye. I though that thing was the shit, with its red dot light thing.

#42567 Halo Shotgun

Posted by Diablo on 26 November 2004 - 01:10 AM in Homemades

Damn, that's very nice. Can't wait to see it painted.

#41356 N-strike Maverick

Posted by Diablo on 10 November 2004 - 07:27 PM in General Nerf

Question: can the darts be loaded from the back as well?

If you look at the barrels, they become skinnier in the back. Thus, that would not work.

However, loading stefans could work.

#41217 N-strike Maverick

Posted by Diablo on 09 November 2004 - 04:26 PM in General Nerf

That does look very nice, but I am concerned about the plunger tube as well. Besides that, does it automatically rotate with each shot/prime, or do you have to twist the chamber by hand?

Thanks a whole lot for posting here, I'm glad to see you guys care at least a little bit about us.

EDIT: After looking at the second picture, the gun actually appears quite large. Does it shoot mega darts?

#129602 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Diablo on 13 November 2007 - 03:25 AM in General Nerf

There are many different methods of throwing a frisbee disc, and I'm guessing that these shuriken can be thrown the same way.

http://vtvt.essortme...timate_rjkn.htm

The hammer throw is really difficult to do with a frisbee, so I'm guessing it would be even harder to do with one of these bad boys. However, since it's thrown vertically, it would probably be the most accurate throw.

I also like the idea of attaching barrels to these. Perhaps you could tape/glue a Crayola barrel onto the underside of each blade. When throwing the shuriken, the darts would fly out due to the force put on them. I'm not sure how well that would work, but it might be worth a try if only to mess around with.

#99081 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by Diablo on 01 February 2007 - 03:17 PM in Nerf Wars

As usual, I would like to come but doubt I will actually make it down there. Maybe this time though, who knows. It's a big maybe though.

I won't bother requesting a specific weekend since I doubt I'll be there, but like most everyone here I prefer Saturdays over Sundays.

#99136 Sping Dcno 2007

Posted by Diablo on 02 February 2007 - 02:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Haha, Leroy Jenkins....

The fact that OMC just posted that raises the chances of me going by a solid 5%

#145185 Modular Ls Undergun System

Posted by Diablo on 15 March 2008 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Very innovative! I've been trying to think of a good way to mount my NF to the underside of my BBB. With this design, I'll have fun buying more secondary blasters to mount to it also. I'll have to make the connection stronger probably, since the front gun would be used to cock my BBB, but this idea will be helping me tremendously.

Great job.

#139098 The Snap-duo

Posted by Diablo on 07 February 2008 - 03:42 AM in Homemades

As VACC said before, I'm amazed at how quickly you're refining this gun. The designs keep getting better and better, too.

Amazing job as always. I can't wait to see it with a shield on it.

#139881 The Snap-duo

Posted by Diablo on 13 February 2008 - 05:35 AM in Homemades

Looks great! I've been very interested in this project from the beginning, and you haven't disappointed me yet.

I hope you're able to easily fix the problems you listed, and I'm looking forward to the paint job.

#138724 The Snap-duo

Posted by Diablo on 05 February 2008 - 03:01 AM in Homemades

That's another amazing creation you got there, Carbon. I hope that you'll be able to tame it down enough to make it war legal, because I'm sure using it in action would be a lot of fun.

My only critique is that the barrels in your most recent design are pretty long. I understand this is necessary, but I think that having such long barrels as an extension of your arm would be annoying during use. What if you relocated the barrels, much like in a stock Crossbow? A few simple couplers would allow you to bring your barrels under the plunger; ideally around where your clothespins are. The relocation should also hinder range a bit, which may make your gun more war legal. The only problem I foresee with this idea is weight. Adding a lot more piping may weigh your blaster down, but perhaps it would be worth it to make a shorter gun.

Not sure if that's something you're interested in doing, but I figured I'd throw the idea out there in case you're interested. Either way, you made a great gun.

#135919 Nerf Wikipedia

Posted by Diablo on 14 January 2008 - 01:45 AM in General Nerf

I don't know who's managing this wiki, but I do have one qualm with it.

As a rule I've been trying not to read through the nerf wiki too much because I know the perspectives of most of it's contributors are much different from my own. However, whoever penned the history of the NIC article really got it wrong. I'm not sure which "web-ring" they're referring to. I mean, it's possible that there was a banner we all put at the bottom of our home pages (I really don't recall it specifically) as that was the fad back then, but that had nothing to do with the organization of the NIC. And to completely omit the list-serve, which was the true genesis of the community, seems pretty wrong to me. I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape about it, but I thought maybe you should be aware of those inaccuracies.

Cmdrmack was who originally wrote the NIC History section. I edited his information from NC/NO an onward. I did not edit any previous information because I wasn't around when it was going on, and I don't really remember enough from what others have told me. If you want to edit it so that its more accurate that'd be great. I'd do it myself, but I wouldn't get it much better than Cmdrmack did.

Crankymonky is the one who's managing it also. I don't know how active he is with adding/editing information, but Spanky set it up and let him talk the reigns.

Also, CaptainSlug is sweet.

#126745 Nerf Wikipedia

Posted by Diablo on 20 October 2007 - 02:09 PM in General Nerf

I'm glad the people here at NH are supporting this project as well. We're all pretty much the same community, and I'm glad that there is no hostility towards the wiki because it is NHQ branded.

I'll be trying to add some more content to the wiki as well in the coming days.

#134268 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 29 December 2007 - 01:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Still cant believe you bastards are having the war without me :)

Hope you all have fun though for real!

#130992 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 29 November 2007 - 11:11 PM in Nerf Wars

And things seemed to be going so well at the beginning of this thread; rats. Ohio Nerf just isn't the same without the NerfMonkey :(

I like the sound of the field that Jedijoe is talking about, but like Brandon said....if no one from Columbus is there....it doesn't make much sense. If you are 100% coming, Lynx, then I should be down for Columbus. If not, then I think we need to seek an alternative location.

#130918 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 28 November 2007 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be fine with Sunday, December 30th.

I'm not fine with the idea of Nerfing on a golf course, or any of the other fields Lynx posted really.

#130682 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 26 November 2007 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I will be busy on the 29th. The Saturday following every Christmas my whole family gets together to celebrate. Friday the 28th should work for me, so do you all want to finalize for a Friday, December 28th date? Or would you rather it be on a weekday? And NerfMonkey...could you get a ride if it's not on a Saturday? I know your mom drives you and so I'm not sure if she works and would not be able to give you a ride.

As far as location goes, I'm willing to drive. I missed out on TCNO and I don't want to miss the next big Ohio war, so I'll do what I have to.

The Cleveland area would be the best for me of course. It looks like that'd be a good location for boisie too, since he lives in a Cleveland suburb. A brief Mapquest search shows me that Pittsburgh is about 2 hours from Cleveland and 3 hours from Columbus, so Cleveland would be the best location for the Pitt guys. NerfMonkey also lives closer to Cleveland than to Columbus I believe.

bpso86 and his Cincinnati friends would be closer to Columbus obviously. Cleveland is over 5 hours from bobafan, but Columbus is only about 3.

Knowing that, I think that somewhere around Cleveland would be a good bet. If everyone is cool with that, I can start scouting good war locations. The last CANO was at a decent spot, but I believe we can do better. If I'm missing out on something and you would all rather have it in the Columbus (or possibly Cinci) area, I'm fine with that too. I just want to make it easy for everyone.

#130618 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 25 November 2007 - 01:56 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm thinking we need an Ohio war during Christmas break. I could host the war up here in Cleveland, but it might be better to have it in a more central location.

Who would want to come? What location is best for you? Any days in particular?

Lets get this rolling.

#131203 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 02 December 2007 - 01:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Those January dates are fine by me.

#131004 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 30 November 2007 - 01:50 AM in Nerf Wars

If you host the war, you would need to make sure you are at the war location at least 15 minutes before the war starts. This will let those of us who arriving know where to park and unload our gear. It would also be nice to give those of us who are driving far away your cell phone number, in case we get lost or are having trouble finding you. You would also be the one giving directions to us if we take a break to go get food. Basically, since you're the only who knows your way around....you need to help us travelers. If you are unprepared, things can get ugly.

Take the last CANO, for instance. The host never showed up. I was driving/waiting around the park for about an hour trying to figure out what was going on. bpso86 and his Cinci friends pulled up and were also very confused as to what was going on; we were the only people there so far. We waited around for about 20 minutes waiting for people to show up, and I saw a van circling a parking lot down a path from us. I went over and found NerfMonkey who was also very confused. We waited around a bit longer, but no one else ever showed up. We wasted over an hour of time because of poor organization, and that's never a good thing.

#132617 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 16 December 2007 - 12:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Not to be a party pooper, but I can't go on the 29th. I'm not sure if I agreed to that date or not, but I did not mean to. Earlier in this topic, I mentioned that I have a Christmas party to go to on that day.

So, if it is on the 29th, I will not be there.

#131486 Ohio War Planning

Posted by Diablo on 05 December 2007 - 11:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Either date is still good with me.

The second park (Como) looks to be the coolest.

#137163 The Snap-5

Posted by Diablo on 25 January 2008 - 04:20 AM in Homemades

Thanks, Diablo. As far as a clip, I've decided that I dislike them. Sure, I can hold six or eight shots, but it increases the chances of a jam (at least in my designs), and makes it much slower to reload. I'll take four shots over six less reliable ones.

That being said, I hope to improve the range. 65 feet isn't awful for a multi-shot weapon, but I'd be a lot happier with 80 feet.

More tweaks to come...

I wasn't aware that you had four shots already on this gun. I read the topic a little more in detail and saw that you referenced to an inline clip. I took a look at your previous SNAP designs to get a look at what this clip is, but the images aren't showing up in the older topics (at least not for me.) Could you give a brief rundown on how the inline clip system works? I saw that jwasko already asked you a question about it, but I'm still a bit puzzled.

As far as your attempt to improve range, I also think a longer barrel will help you out. If not, possibly a barrel with a slightly bigger ID?

#137079 The Snap-5

Posted by Diablo on 24 January 2008 - 03:56 AM in Homemades

This thing screams "pump action shotgun," and I love it. If used in combination with a deodorant clip the rate of fire would be amazing.

I think it has great potential for an actual Nerf war. While it's lacking a tad on the range side of things, the rate of fire on this gun combined with a clip system would blow most other guns out of the water. Not having to move your priming hand from the comfort of the gun's foregrip lets you keep steady aim, reload, and fire all at once.

Excellent work Carbon.

#139712 Call Of Duty 4 Recon Cs-6 Mod [updated]

Posted by Diablo on 12 February 2008 - 03:12 AM in Modifications

I will update my progress every day (or hour, this project is super fun)

so where is your progress at now? what has it been? 5 or so days you havent updated now...

Actually it hasn't even been four full days yet. Don't harass the guy, when he does something he wants to show us he will.

Oh, and nice paint job. Call of Duty is one of my favorite games currently. It'll be fun seeing what you come up with for the finished product.

#34429 Troll Wallpapers

Posted by Diablo on 19 August 2004 - 11:11 AM in News

Well, I found my new wallpaper.

Thats somme funny shit.

#147498 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 28 March 2008 - 02:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing my BBB, but it looks like it's CPVC barrel isn't the best fit for my stefans.

Think I'll be able to borrow a gun if things don't turn out so well for my BBB?

#146790 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 25 March 2008 - 01:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Another update: I will not be bringing my brother and law; he has to work. I'll be flying solo for a 3+ hour drive. Woo!

#146234 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 22 March 2008 - 12:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Update: I may be bringing my brother in law. My mom was talking to him about me going, and he seems really interested.

#144843 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 12 March 2008 - 01:25 AM in Nerf Wars

My mother has banned me from getting a ride with anyone but my father. And he'll be getting out of that two days before, so it looks like I'm not heading down, unless my dad actually takes me.

I understand, my parents would be very leery of me getting a ride with someone I met over the internet also. However, if you really want to go to the war, I wouldn't mind meeting your parents before the war sometime if that would help persuade them into letting you go.