Wisey's Content

There have been 57 items by Wisey (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#132989 The Uk

Posted by Wisey on 18 December 2007 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't know if this has been asked before. I tried using search but couldn't find anything.

But are there any Nerfers from the UK? Does anyone know any? Are you one? I personaly live near York, and i'll soon be going to uni, I was also wondering if they're any campus's that have Nerf wars too? Theres only a few people that Nerf in my town all of which are my friends, and only know about Nerf becuase of one person that stumbled accross double shots when he was in Spain... so I was asking mainly out of intrest and if there are any wars over here I could play.

#135592 Ebay Bid Style

Posted by Wisey on 11 January 2008 - 05:06 AM in Site Feedback

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it's pretty much up to the seller on how they sell there guns/parts/whatever. So if they wanted to sell something with bids, they could. But it would be manual of course, not automated like ebay. So you'd basicly just post what your bid was.

Although usualy it's based on either the first person to offer. Or the highest offer (highest offer could enivitably turn into "biding").

Also, it would take vast ammounts of time to create and implement a system thats anything like ebay's. And I'm not sure if many/any people here have the skills to anyway. For the small ammount of stuff thats sold on this site, it's just not worth it. If you want a bidding system like ebay's, put your item on ebay and link to it here.

EDIT: Just realise this is prolly back-seat moderating. Feel free to shoot me down.

#133899 Sm750 Integratee

Posted by Wisey on 26 December 2007 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Personaly I'd put on the shotty BBB, becuase I should imagen that has the slowest ROF? And thus putting the SM750 on there would give you a shot (with very good range) while you reload.

Or the FireFly because you might be able the get all of the SM750 inside the body of it, and the bottom bity thing (the bit from the bottom of the grip to near the back of the gun) would make an awsome place to put the pump. That way you'd have a fast ROF shot and a long range shot. I was thinking of doing the same thing myself with a modded supersoaker.

#132628 Ramrod Missle Gun Mods

Posted by Wisey on 16 December 2007 - 08:05 AM in Modifications

Me and a friend have about 5 of these (they were 50p each...) and they do suck. We use the body of 'em for flags in CTF (one red, one blue, how origianal). We painted the cardboard bit black so they looked a little better.

But I mostly use the rockets to fire from modded super soakers (Flash Flood) they fit perfectly onto some large copper pipe I found in the shed, and with a smaller barrel inside I can fire stephans too. I'd say the Rocket gets 50-60ft due the large air delievery of modded super soakers, which is pretty good. Except don't expect to hit anything with it... (it takes about 45 pumps per shot though, so useless in a war, cept maybe with a side arm)

#143163 Bbb+at3k Question

Posted by Wisey on 29 February 2008 - 04:18 AM in Modifications

Rather then post 2 topics, I decided to post one. PC, it doesn't matter if its with the shell or not, just as long as i have a working at3k (turreted, not singled)

I'm defantly going to try it as soon as I get hold of a AT3k. Weather it'll have to be manualy roatated or not, i'm not sure yet, I'll probably post a write IF I can get the turret to rotate when the triger is pressed. The esayest way would just be to glue the internals onto the side of the BBB with some hot glue. Try looking through the last 10-20 pages (or all of it, acctualy) of the pictures thread, I'm sure I've seen a couple of people who've done it before.

#132580 Dtg Help

Posted by Wisey on 15 December 2007 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

You could try some of my bodge-ary and do some lazy internal banding:

All you need to do is open her up and wrap a couple of those big elastic bands around the end of the plunger rod and forwads to the screw mount things, like so:

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3228.jpg

Just be careful they don't fly off anf hit you in the face or something. You could try more than two, but I found the shell of the gun started to bend at two, and the two shell halfs didn't meet up properly till I put some screws in.

http://i83.photobuck...rf/IMG_3225.jpg

It seems to add a fair bit more power, although I havn't range tested it yet, and it took me less than 10mins to do. It might just have the power to get your darts out of those tight-ass barrels (I quite like FA's comparison XD).

PS: I linked because I cba to resize...

#132624 Dtg Help

Posted by Wisey on 16 December 2007 - 05:06 AM in Modifications

The banding helpped a little, like 5FT more the most.

Humm, I'll have to range test mine agianst the one with no banding... to see if, like you say with yours, it dosn't make alot of difference. It might not y'know, I've only tested mine inside.

#132625 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Wisey on 16 December 2007 - 05:20 AM in General Nerf

Oh my...It's J_cobbers! You are so cool! If anyone didn't know...

Oh my! You have a crazed fan girl. XD
Well done you... seriously.

ON TOPIC: Thats a pretty cool looking gun, I like the way it's full on LIME GREEN!

#133241 What Kind Of Glue To Use

Posted by Wisey on 20 December 2007 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

I kninda know what you mean about hotglue, although I find it good for testing things, becuase it just rips off if you want to change something (e.g. a barrel replacement).

I use Araldite for permanate fixtures, or Bisonite, which is insansly strong. Once you glued something with that stuff, it ain't coming off.

#133286 What Kind Of Glue To Use

Posted by Wisey on 21 December 2007 - 04:56 AM in Modifications

I use a large mixture of super and hot glue. I use the super glue first, and then the hot glue. it holds very strong.

I've tried that before (for a clipped BBB) and it does hold pretty well.

As for Araldite and Bisonite, I'm not sure where you can get them. Although I havn't seen Bisonite around for a while, I did find somewhere selling it when I Googled it though. I remeber reading on the packet that 1cm³ of Bisoite can hold something like 30 stone (420 pounds) I don't know if thats true or not but it's pretty insane even if it's half that. Although dunno how pointful it is really as the stuff you bond together with it will break before the glue itself does.

#134048 Call Of Duty 4

Posted by Wisey on 27 December 2007 - 07:58 PM in Off Topic

I too got a PS3 for christmas (and of course it kick ass).

I really suck at any FPS atm (except Unreal Tournament '04 and Timsplitters which I'm just avarage at). But I have CoD4 and if you care my PSN is sharksanddanger (before you ask, it's an Alexisonfire song title *cough*crisis sucks*cough*).

=]

#132779 New Nitefinder?

Posted by Wisey on 17 December 2007 - 01:25 PM in General Nerf

It might just be the picture, but it looks like that thing fires megas and has no air restrictors. If that's the case, then I know why it's cheaper than a normal NF.

It says on the website that it uses micros, although I do see what you mean and would of beileved you if I hadn't looked at the site itself:

Line up the red light beam in your target and ready, aim, fire! Includes 3 micro darts and target with stand.

Did anyone else notice the review at the bottom?

This is a bad gun, no power behind it.
This is the worst gun in my arsenal.
The older Nite Finder is better because it shoots harder and more accurate.
This is a good gun for mothers who don't want their kids to get hurt.
You can't get hurt by this gun because it is so weak.

So, surely if was just a re-colour of the orignal Nitefinder then it would be more powerful than this guy claims? Althoungh he could have got a defunked one...

#137587 Call Of Duty 4

Posted by Wisey on 28 January 2008 - 06:31 AM in Off Topic

I added you (ultra) quite some time ago, and if I remeber we once tried to start a party and join each others games, but it wasn't liking it (not for me anyway). I heard something about there being a set of servers Europe and a different set for the US, I've never played with anyone (with a mic, that i've noticed) from the US, most of them seem to be french... So does anyone know if this is why we couldn't play together?

#131317 Hornet Help

Posted by Wisey on 03 December 2007 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

Humm, depends if it trys to pruessurise the v.short pipe. Shouldn't do though should it? Well, I don't think so.

I know, I'll find a small G-clamp and put it tight on the pipe and see if i can block the air, and see what happends then.

Thanks for your help I'll get back to you on what happends. =]

#131280 Hornet Help

Posted by Wisey on 02 December 2007 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I've got my account validated now. Which is good. ^^

I've also figured that filling it up with hotglue won't work becuase the tanks charge up and realase sepparatly. So filling it with hot glue would work for a bit, but the tank may break... unless theres separte over pressure valves on each of the tanks, which I very much dout.

*is still in need of help*

#134035 Disc Shot Pistol

Posted by Wisey on 27 December 2007 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

EVENTUAL it probably would break. But as would anything. I'm pretty sure NF's have exactly/nearly the same internals, and they last for agis with a industrial spring in it. As I live in the UK, there are no Ace's over here, so I couldn't be certian.

I once got a modded NF from ebay, from the US, with a industrial spring in it. Now weather it is a Ace #49 spring, I could not tell you. But since most people use that spring in NF's I can only asume it is. And that thing has been fired blank, tossed around, droped, sprayed, sprayed agian (I could go on...) and is now about 2 years old, and is as it was new. So I'd just do it eitherway.

#132330 Single Tek

Posted by Wisey on 13 December 2007 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

I was thinking of picking one of these up from my local Tesco and seeing what I could do with it. I still might do.

It's pretty ugly though. Although it looks alot better now you've cut the body down a bit.

#139555 Recon Front Gun Mod

Posted by Wisey on 11 February 2008 - 07:37 AM in Modifications

That's pretty cool and very neat. Just wondering; how do you fire it?

#134385 Longshot Laser-scope

Posted by Wisey on 30 December 2007 - 05:23 AM in Modifications

I like this. It would be nice to have verious attachments for differnet things (flashlights, other guns etc.) I was thinking of how I could mount a removable NF (cut down so it's just the top of the gun, and something comes up out of the LS rail and fires it).

Yeah, I thought that was the coolest part, the laser sight itself (as i'm sure many other people are going to say...) is quite useless. BUT I may use the tutorial on how to put a external switch onto a hold button laser pen you linked to, and replace the "laser" on an NF with it that you linked to. Thanks =]

The one thing I will say for this is that it's modular. Eventually, I'd like to cannibalize the "night time green light rail attachment" accessory simply for it's rail, and affix a high-powered flashlight onto it, and then fit it with a 9V terminal so that it can utilize the same switch. That's my favorite part anyways.

#131338 Secret Shot 1 Mod

Posted by Wisey on 03 December 2007 - 06:16 PM in Modifications

Very nice write up.

So nice infact, that thanks to it (and someone posting in this topic from a bit back) that I've just purchased two off ebay ($5 + $35 shipping (I live in the UK, it is about £20 in total, therefore £10 for each SS)).

I'm going to do this mod to one (that is, if I can find a spring... but I'll do the rest), and something sligtly different to the other one.

I use too many brackets...

#142977 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by Wisey on 28 February 2008 - 08:40 AM in Modifications

EDIT: Also, Wisey, there's nothing wrong with multiple write-ups for the same mod. Go for it, maybe it'll show some alternate techniques than what has been done already.

You're right frost. I think I might just do it anyway.

PLEASE! If you do this, show how to glue the barrels on, and how much space to remove on the inner shell. Hopefully a noob doesn't fall into my predicament, but you doing that would prevent such an event.

Also, does anyone have a spring they could recommend for this gun?

I've come up with quite a few ways of sticking them on. When I eventualy get round to it I'll do a write up for it. I'm thinking of using some plastic (like from a broken CD or jewel case) to make the surfact area of the barrel switch big enough to simply glue three barrels striaght to it. Or possibly rReally Really Effeminateating what fa24 did so well with e-tape and barrel posts, only with three barrels...

Use elastic bands or find one yourself, I don't think anyone has posted a particular spring. I know fa24 won't have done because he just buys in bulk. Oh! Off the top of my head a Mav spring might fit in there, not 100% sure though, it's been awhile since i've looked inside.

#143027 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by Wisey on 28 February 2008 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

SO does the top barrel fire by itself and the bottom two at the same time? because i only see two ways to turn the barrel change thing.

Unmodded the ammo holder/switch can be upright (normal barrel) or down to the left (secret barrel). When modded to have three barrels plastic is removed from the right hand side of the gun so that you can switch the switch to the right for the newly added right barrel. Swithing left would switch to the new left barrel rather than the secret one.

Hope that helps!

#142814 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by Wisey on 27 February 2008 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

I love this gun! I am surprised that there aren't any other documentations of the tri-barrel. I think this 'ought to help out a lot of people that are confused about the mod.

One of the photos don't seem to be working for me. The one under the step "Then take a drill and drill these holes out." is missing. Not sure if I'm the only one, though.

Aww, I didn't know anyone had done this... I was going atempt it, and post it as my first write-up. I'm not sure why I thought no one had done it, it is pretty obvious once you've seen the inside of the SS1.

Yeah, that image isn't showing for me either.

Nice work!

#133812 How Many Darts Have You Lost?

Posted by Wisey on 25 December 2007 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

500 of which were lost with the rest of the bag they were in.

Ouch, I think I speak for everyone when I say; that sucks.

#133718 How Many Darts Have You Lost?

Posted by Wisey on 24 December 2007 - 07:23 PM in General Nerf

100 to 200, so not alot really. Not many stock either, but we never use those (cept for streamlines for Longshots). I'd say theres a good 20 darts lost in my room. But me and my friends always Nerf in my garden so pick up most of the darts we shoot.

20 isn't alot really, sn1per, although I find stock darts are ALOT easier to find.

#135720 Since A Bunch Of You Want A Trap

Posted by Wisey on 12 January 2008 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

I used a Dremel but didn't care about appearance, I am lazy like that unless it will see play.

I like your minimalization, extremely clean and functional. I did have the idea to do that also but the bulkiness of the gun just makes it useless.

Thankyou. Yeah, it's a bit pointless because you can't, for example, fit it in your pocket as a "just in case" side arm like a Scout or maybe a minimized NF. But I figured it would aleast look a little better without all the extra LS barrel stuff. Plus I used the bit that attached the pistol to the LS to make a "silencer".

#135703 Since A Bunch Of You Want A Trap

Posted by Wisey on 12 January 2008 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

EDIT: Missed the last bit... I wonderd why the title didn't make sense XD. Nice idea for a trap though, as there isn't much use for this gun other than that (and putting on the LS istself, like i said)

Good pics, best write-up i've seen for the LS pistol. You could of course stick it (intergrate it to where the bipod would be) to your longshot like alot of people do, it's good for some defense when you're reloading.. My LS is waiting for something better to put on it so if you didn't want a trap, you could of course cut less off and leave the grip on:

Posted Image

What on earth did you use to cut it down? Seems to have made a bit of mess..

#136772 Luckiest Day Of My Life

Posted by Wisey on 21 January 2008 - 05:44 PM in General Nerf

Make sure to reinforce the catch. It likes to break...A lot.

I second that. It's almost certian it'll break if you put a bigger spring in it... Good find. I have a couple of the twin packs from FireBox myself.

penguin, I'm loving your sig, it made me laugh quite alot. May I ask where it's from/did you think of it yourself?

Haiku's are easy,
But sometimes they don't make sense,
Refrigerator

#142365 Life Without A Dremel?

Posted by Wisey on 24 February 2008 - 09:35 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
These are pretty much what CS and Piney were talking about. Mine are specificly for cutting plastic though, they're not marketed as wire cutters although I dout this makes any difference. They infact come from a Warhammer starter paint set (no, i'm not a nerd, Warhammer sucks, I had two sets when I was about 9... 9 years ago) and they are very good, suppriseingly.

Dremel's suck. Stay old skool.

#131908 What Kind Of Darts Do You Prefer?

Posted by Wisey on 10 December 2007 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

Stefans are by far the best (and the quickest way to give your gun like 20ft at least more range). They're also more accurate.

Taggers are also the only good stock dart (as far a Nerf (Hasbro) are consernd anyway). Streamlines arn't too bad either.

And sucktion cup ones are the worset by far. Well, they're okay in stock guns, and say an NF or Mav with just the AR's removed. But put them in anything more modded than that and the fish tail like crazy. Fro example: i have two Scouts, one has a Mav spring in it as well as the stock spring (and a stronger trigger spring) and the other is stock (Apart from both have had there AR's removed). The stock gets twice the range of the modded one with sucktion cup darts, dispite being less powerful. And of course the modded one beats it in every other way...

EDIT: Also, if you suck at making them (or can't be arse/find the stuff to make them) then check out ebay for Stefans, theres loads of good ones.

#134032 Maverick Spring Rating

Posted by Wisey on 27 December 2007 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

I apologize for my ignorance, but should I keep using this thread for further questions and updates relating to this mod, or should I create a new thread?

I'd use the same thread, and if you need to change the name of it you can (I know you can, I just can't remeber how, I think you just edit the first post...).

This mod is going to be very intresting, that is of course IF you manage to pull it off. Acctualy, even if you don't pull it off, it will still be quite intresting. If you do, please post pics and videos =] What size battery(s) are you thinking of useing/going to use? I'm guessing too big to fit in the handle of the Mav itself...?

#132328 Lilith, The Nerf Crossbow

Posted by Wisey on 13 December 2007 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

Good mod, looks very nice. I'm liking the neatness of the breach.

Just another reason why I want a xbow...

It's very pretty ^^

P.S. ~ FA24, one word: Fez.

Ingenious.

#144874 Suggestions For Lan/online Multiplayer Games

Posted by Wisey on 12 March 2008 - 03:26 PM in Off Topic

Any good ideas for games me and some of my friends could play? Getting a bit tired of AoE2 (don't ask why we play it...). I'm not looking for a load of people mentioning WoW, Halo and CoD4 etc. (although the latter is awesome on PS3). I'm looking for some more forgotern/obscoure/old games that would be fun to play together.

Any spec, as well as some specficly lower spec/older games as i'm stuck with a Pentium 3 desktop for the next few weeks/months.

The reason I ask is simply because I can't think of any, and some of you guys will know your stuff about games.

#145127 Suggestions For Lan/online Multiplayer Games

Posted by Wisey on 14 March 2008 - 07:04 PM in Off Topic

I haven't played many PC games, but one I think was pretty cool is Unreal Tournament 2004. It's kind of old but it is still pretty fun. I usually play Xbox 360, but I still need to get live (I used to have it).

Yeah, once I get a new PC, I'll defantly be playing UT it's an ace game (I have GOTYE and 2004, I preffer 2004 though, people online are easier....).

Wait what was that? Your vagina made you quit WoW?

Someone's just a little pissy because they don't have an Effeminate flying mount like I do.

You're right. I hate my girlfriend and real job. I'm just gonna sit in my parents' basement, eat cheetos and whine about my acne over teamspeak....that's working out sweet for you, right?

Haha! VACC, I love you. Yeah, theres no chance in the deepest darkest deapths of hot hell that i'm going to play WoW. Or infact anything you have to acctualy deadicate time your life to. I also, like VACC, don't hate my girlfriend (although I'm still working on the real job...). If you can't pick it up and play for five minutes whenever you feel like it, then I see no point. I prefer faster pace games that don't involve me waiting for stuff to happen... although I don't mind some RTS games I guess..

I'm not sure what genre it falls under, but the Worms games (Worms, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, etc) are a HUGE amount of fun.

Yes! I was just about to say that. Get Worms Armageddon. It's by far the best, in my opinion. They're totally non-serious games that are way fun to play with friends, or just with the computers.

Worms is awesome! Thanks for reminding me about them, haven't played in ages. I have Worms, Worms 2, Worms World Party and Worms 3D (oh and Worms Pinball, which is the best pinball game EVER). I have been wanting Armageddon for ages, how does it differ from 2 and World Party?

Ummm... yeah why the fuck would I want to do anything else right now?

I'm thinking about dropping nerf for the world. Why drive 45 minutes for an event when I can just walk to my computer?

At least my guild recognizes what I have contributed unlike the nic!

Dear earth, I can't tell what parts of this are sarcasm and what parts arn't.

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I'm going to check out all of the games you've mentioned, albeit slowly. And I'll probably get back to you (if it is really slowly, then via PM...).
Cheers!

EDIT: Cut down on quote size.

#145212 Suggestions For Lan/online Multiplayer Games

Posted by Wisey on 15 March 2008 - 12:00 PM in Off Topic

I've actually never played World Party, so I don't know about that one. For all I know World Party could be more updated than Armageddon. I always thought World Party was like a console version of Armageddon. Though a quick look on Amazon showed it's for computer as well.
I think Armageddon just has more weapons, missions, and stuff like that than Worms 2. It's just like a step up from 2.
I didn't like the 3D one, I thought it was too complicated and harder to control. That's a major drawback for me because one of my favorite things about the series is the simplicity. It's real easy to learn to play, and matches are fun and quick.

Ahh, okay. From what I can find (on Google etc.) World Party and Armogeddon are similar. I'm guessing the only differences are fort mode (when you make a team, you pick a fort for that team, then if you play forts mode, it puts a fort from each of the two teams next to each other. so like a pirate ship and a castle) and some other strange modes. As well as two player missions (havn't played them in a while, but ones a city scape that you have to dig down into to hide from an armagedden attack ever two turns, last team alive wins).
Yeah, theres console versions of most of them. They tend to suck; less worms per team, less smoth graphics, less weapons, less options to change etc. etc.
The 3D ones were okay... but kinda lost the whole meaning of Worms. I have Worms 3D for the PS2, played it for like the week or two after I got it, havn't touched it since.

#144895 Suggestions For Lan/online Multiplayer Games

Posted by Wisey on 12 March 2008 - 06:07 PM in Off Topic

How about nerfing? Give that a try sometime.

I already have. It's rather fun, which is why I joined this forum.

Thanks for the input so far. Not too keen on MMORPG's, but I may give Astiona a try some time anyway. Jump 'n' Bump is kinda odd, haha, intresting though. Thanks!

Keep 'em coming guys!

#132586 Workplace.

Posted by Wisey on 15 December 2007 - 08:07 PM in Homemades

Heres my bedroom workplace (I may post "the back shed" tomorow, it's a shed big enough for two cars and is filled with nothing but the most pointless junk you have ever seen...) it's quite small.

Things to note:
* Walmart bag - I live in England, we don't have Walmart over here we have ASDA. My Longshot came wraped in Walmart bag, so I stuck it to my wall.
* The Belt Trafic sticker is cool.
* The Fleetwood Mac CD isn't mine.
* However, the Versus the Mirror and early Atreyu CD's underneath it, are.
* My typeing has no emotion whatsoever. "LOL!!".
* There are 15 guns (ALL working !!!) under my desk in the last piture. Although you can only see about 10. A prize goes to whoever can find at least 10.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS: Someone PM me if the pictures are far too big, as it fits on my screen. - Thanks bobafan

#131727 Console Wars

Posted by Wisey on 08 December 2007 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

From what I hear a lot of developers are having problems developing games for games for it and stuff like that. The Wii is fun and innovative, the 360 has the best games, and the PS3 has a shit ton of sweet processors and gear like that. I could blabber on for a while longer, but I think you get my point.

Hum, I havn't heard anything about that myself (devopers having problems), but I do know one small issue, and that is, games like NFS: Carbon and FEAR, that are on both the 360 and PS3, look better on the 360 because production isn't in full swing for the PS3 yet. Thats the ONLY thing I don't like about the PS3 the launch titles are kinda pants, but then agian, so were the PS2 ones.

not to mention it has LIVE (which is, undoubtedly, the best out of all the Next-Gen systems).

I have used LIVE at a friends house, and it's pretty well thought out and everything. But the PS3 has pretty much the same deal (friends lists, servers etc etc) as LIVE, but for, well, free.

This is stupider than asking what nerf gun is the best

Okay, I've changed the sub title now, to which do you prefer. Happy? Probably not, but okay...

I'm just intrested to know what people think of the consoles and which they would go for.

EDIT: The laptop i'm using now was £1,500 new. Thats about $3000. Although it's about 3-4 years old now. My point is, I could build/buy a gaming PC i'm happy with for around £1000. It would run pretty much every game out atm with graphics on full without lag, I've looked into this. I've already looked into which to get (PS3, 360 or PC in my case) and i've chosen PS3. I just wanted to know what other people thought.

#131755 Console Wars

Posted by Wisey on 09 December 2007 - 04:36 AM in Off Topic

I am pretty happy with my V Smile. Dance'n Learn is a step above DDR and Disney Princess:The Crystal Ball Adventure is one of the best platformers I have ever played. Above all that when I'm done playing I really feel like I have learned something.

I believe the term is "LOL!". Haha, seriuously though, the V Smile is an amazing pice of kit.

=P

I somehow knew that the 360 would get the most votes. Well, so far anyway...

#131717 Console Wars

Posted by Wisey on 08 December 2007 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

Well it's winter where I am, and probably where most of you lot are. So it's just a bit too cold to go outside and Nerf (or do something else).

So, you're bored and inside, with nothing to do, no guns to mod (or in my case break atm).

To cure you're boredum now and over the holidays, which one would you rather hook up to your TV?

My personal choice would be a PS3 because they look pretty cool (should be getting the 60GB one for Xmas ^^) and are technical better in every way to all the other consoles atm. You can even install other OS's on it... and use most USB devices and bluetooth headsets/stuff.

Also, new GTA and UT next year for it. F**king awesome.

PS: If anyone cares UT3 will be the first console game to feature full blown mods, like a PC (the only downside to this is that you need 8GB's of HDD to 'install' it on). The PC modding/editing package acctualy has a "Export to PS3" button and will technical allow entire new games to be with it. You could even make BioShock or Gears of War for PS3 if you had the technical expertise and a few years to spare. Whereas, the Xbox 360 version won't have any of this, AND you'll still have to pay for Live becuase Micrsoft suck major balls.