ChaosPropel's Content

There have been 379 items by ChaosPropel (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#307908 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by ChaosPropel on 29 November 2011 - 05:48 PM in Homemades

Hey guys I'm about to start my plusbow, and I am wondering. I am in Australia and the materials over here are different and scarce, I don't know if i can get the parts for the plunger tube and the plunger, but i can do everything else, also with the Rev2 templates, do you have to scale any parts up? They look rather small.

No, you do not. You can just use the templates as they are.

#300376 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by ChaosPropel on 22 June 2011 - 05:37 PM in Nerf Wars

July: [url="http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21271"] 16th [DC] DCNF#1[/url]

#310293 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by ChaosPropel on 29 January 2012 - 08:20 AM in Nerf Wars

February:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22092]26th [MD] DCNF 3[/url]

#316016 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by ChaosPropel on 22 May 2012 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

May:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22615&pid=316014&st=0&#entry316014] 23rd [MD] DCNF#5[/url]

#310177 2012 Nerfer Location Directory

Posted by ChaosPropel on 26 January 2012 - 07:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Chaospropel
Favorite Primary: Why do you care? Whatever it is, you'll be shot by it.
Specific location: Child Molestation Enthusiest(CME, PM if interested) shack,Bethesda, Maryland, USA, Planet Earth, right next to Mars and Venus, Milky Way. Specific enough for you?

#330694 2013 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by ChaosPropel on 09 June 2013 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

July:
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24029&st=0#entry330690-url]July 13th [MD] DCNF#7[/url]

#297286 A new style Pump-action SNAP

Posted by ChaosPropel on 18 April 2011 - 07:53 PM in Homemades

Absoulutely amazing. I know that LuckyNerfer on Youtube has already made many of these, and now that there's a good writeup to follow, I'll probably make this my next project! Thanks so much for posting this...great job with both the blaster and the writeup!
EDIT: I believe that 1 1/2" PVC couplers als o work as pump grips (2 glued together), but it is quite a loose fit.

#302396 Air Tank Blasters - Modding Systems!

Posted by ChaosPropel on 27 July 2011 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

Very nice! This is a very nice reference for anyone needing help with an airgun setup.
Where did you get the Adjustable Air Flow Control Valve?

#304290 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 04 September 2011 - 05:15 PM in Nerf Wars

A bit of an update. I will try to check out Fleming tomorrow. If I can't make it, can anyone else in the area check it out?

#304537 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 10 September 2011 - 07:50 AM in Nerf Wars

One week left, I will try to make it out to Fleming today, sometime in the morning. Will take some pics and see if the area is relatively crowded.
If anyone, between now and next week, can scope out either Capital View/Homewood Park or Good Hope Park, I'd really appreciate it, as they seem to have some potential.

#304171 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 01 September 2011 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, location is still Ovid for now, and I will check out Fleming ASAP. If it's big enough, the features are good, and it's not crowded, I will change location to Fleming, as the location seems to work for most people.

#304140 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 31 August 2011 - 04:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, so right now the location is between Fleming and Ovid. What works best for everyone?
If we do decide to go with Fleming, I have to check it out first to see how crowded it usually is.
The only pros/advantages of Fleming I see are that it is more accessible, and that it PROBABLY has more cover than Ovid, although we could easily creat cover at Ovid with mobstacles.

#304075 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 30 August 2011 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, idea in the subject of mobstacles:
Instead of using expensive PVC brackets, we can stack (free) large Priority Mail cardboard shipping boxes(tape/glue them as well), and put rocks inside of the to prevent being blown away by the wind, and put some tarp/something hard outside of them to prevent being penetrated by stefans. Thoughts?

#304552 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 10 September 2011 - 04:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Checked out Fleming today at around 12:30 (I tried to go at time when most kiddies would come out to play). It wasn't crowded at all; only one person....a baby playing on the jungle jim. Because the park is pretty deep in the neighborhood, we shouldn't have much company.

The park was a nice size, with a great pavilion and playground. The "field" portion, however, is a combination of a baseball field and a a normal field, which means that there are only trees along the border. There is, however, a small area next to the playground, that has many trees. Mobstacles would definitely be needed for the field. Pics coming soon, when I get around to uploading them.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Pics can be seen @ http://s981.photobuc...P/Fleming Pics/
Also, I made a short little vid to give you a sense or geography of the park.

#304680 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 13 September 2011 - 03:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm making a couple of cores to use for Defend The Core....how large do you guys want them to be?
12" x 12" or 12" x 24"?

#304688 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 13 September 2011 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has a cordless Dremel or PLASTIC TARP, I'd appreciate if you'd bring them.

Cores will stay 12 x 12 for now, and we can tape two together if we want, as I will be bringing multiple. Does anyone have anything that could subsitute tarp in my cardboard box mobstacle design? Tablecloth or anything? Anything that will prevent penetration of the cardboard that you have in large quantities.

#304727 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 15 September 2011 - 04:32 PM in Nerf Wars

One day left, guys! Finish up those darts!

#304073 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 30 August 2011 - 02:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, right now I'm in between Ovid and Fleming. Fleming is about a mile from the Grosvenor Metro station (which probably won't be very good for walkers, but for bikers, won't be too much). Does anyone know how crowded Fleming usually is? Based off the pics on the MoCo Dept. of Parks site for Fleming, there are some trees, so cover might be better than Ovid, but we'd still need some mobstacles.

It all depends on what is convenient/preferred by everyone else....thoughts?

#304647 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 12 September 2011 - 04:38 PM in Nerf Wars

That's great, guys! Weather for Saturday is looking great so far: highs in the upper 60s, mostly sunny, only a 10% chance of rain. I will update you all on weather throughout the week.

#304581 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 11 September 2011 - 02:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright guys, the location is officially Fleming Local Park. I will update the OP.
I apologize for the invconvenient location changes, and for not having a set location untill now.

So, finally,
The war is on September 17th, 2011, at Fleming Local Park in Bethesda, MD. Please update your attendence status. Thanks.

We will be meeting in the pavilion, at the picnic tables. I will get there abut 20-30 minutes earlier to reserve our spot/start setting up. Parking is available right in front of the pavilion; there is a nice sized lot.

#304571 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 11 September 2011 - 07:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Same to me I guess lol, no word from Christian, other friend doesn't have swords made yet, I probably won't have my new gun in, and was unable to order the OMW LongStrike kit, and either location would make at least one of Sharvil or I unable to attend so I probably wouldn't have a primary I like anyway in time.

And my cash is really low so offers of sale for some primary prolly wouldn't help me either.

I'm sure people will have blasters to loan/lend out.

#303960 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 28 August 2011 - 11:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright guys, as it seems to work for most people, war location is officially changed to Ovid Hazen Wells Rec Park in Clarksburg, MD. If getting there is too hard/far for anyone and if anyone has any major objections, please PM me. I will update the OP to reflect the location change.

Also, as Ovid has a lot of open field area to play, we will DEFINETELY NEED mobstacles! Anyone who can bring mobstacles (the more the merrier) will be rewarded/highly respected and thanked.

#303420 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 16 August 2011 - 08:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright guys, war is officially September 17th, at Beall ES in Rockville, MD. Will update the OP with this info.

#303453 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 17 August 2011 - 01:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Is there a backup location in case Beall is being used for MSI?

Not yet, but does anyone have any suggestions?
Getty (even the wooded area) is too small, apparently. Anyone know how Wheaton Regional Park is? Are there any parks that could be used? Schools?

#303553 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 19 August 2011 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

If a melee hits a dart first/from the side to deflect it etc, that would not count as being a gun hit on the melee wielder will it ?

Honestly, I don't think that you'll be deflecting darts much. However, if your ninja powers do allow you to do so, as long as it was obvious that you were swinging/going to deflect the dart, and not just standing there or swinging at someone, it won't count as a hit.

#303245 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 12 August 2011 - 10:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a word of warning that September is when MSI (Maryland youth soccer) starts up. Make sure that we don't have any conflicts with soccer games at Beall or General Getty.

Thanks for letting us know. The MSI Soccer site says that schedules for the Fall 2011 season will be posted on August 26th, so we'll see then.

If we can't use the field at Beall, we might have to relocate, since the field is a large part of the area where we play. Just a heads up.

#303240 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 12 August 2011 - 08:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, war is on the 17th. I'll update the attendees list later today.

#302992 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 08 August 2011 - 09:47 AM in Nerf Wars

The goal of DCNF wars is to keep DMV NERF active, by having a war every month/2 months.

DCNF#1 was a success; now it's time to rock DCNF#2. This time around, I decided to give it an awesome name.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
School may start in late August/ealy September, but that doesn't mean that Nerf has to end! Let's do this!

Date:
September 17th

Time:
10:00 AM SHARP will be when we start the war, untill whenever we feel like ending.
Please, if possible get there a bit( 10-15 mins.) earlier,if you think one/more of your blasters will be subject to range testing/ban

Fleming Local Park in Bethesda, Maryland.
9929 Fleming Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
More info: http://www.montgomer.../fleminglp.shtm

Pictures: http://s981.photobuc...P/Fleming Pics/
Host(s):
Me, o' course.

Rules:
-No JOBARs, No Cobras, no singled Titans, no singled plugged-pump airguns designed to shoot anything larger than a Mega dart. (If you are unsure about whether your blaster fits this description, bring a back-up just in case.)
-No exposed metal barrels
-No blasters painted flat black or gray
-No dressing up in camouflage
-Eye protection is manditory, I don't care how old you are
-Other blasters will be handled on a case-by-case basis(INCLUDING HOMEMADE AIRGUNS)
-Doomsayers are allowed
-If your blaster is more than 75 percent grey of black, please use orange tape on it.
-Super soakers ARE allowed, but will be dealt with/banned on a case-by-case basis.
-It is OK if people under 13 attend-they just HAVE TO have parents in the parking lot/in the field/watching the WHOLE TIME.

Guidelines to non-douche-ness: MUST READ!-We are using public space for this war, and we DO NOT wanna get kicked out or get the cops called by the general public/people there!
-please keep profanity and vulgar symbols/actions to a bare minimum
-please keep loud yelling to a minimum too; there are houses nearby, and we wouldn't wanna disturb the school's environment with loud noises.
-PICK UP ALL TRASH that you leave, whether it is from lunch or a blaster. If you are seen leaving too much trash, you may not be invited to the next DCNF; the hosts/other attendees are NOT here to be your maids.
-try to pick up all darts during dart sweeps/lunch; we don't wanna leave too many darts on their field (it's pretty much the same as litter to them)

-If you repeatedly act violate these rules throughout the day, you may be asked to sit rounds out, or to leave/not come back to DCNF wars...let's make this a fun war for everybody, and a non-disturbing war for the school! Afterall, we're there to have fun, right?

Dart Restrictions:
-Nothing heavier than a 3/0 fishing weight under a hot glue dome. In other words, BBs, 3/16" balls, and anything lighter than a 3/0 fishing weight are allowed under a dome. Washers under hot glue domes, no matter the size, are banned.
-3/0 Fishing weights and anything lighter are allowed under a felt pad, or at least a 2mm craft foam padding.
NO EXPOSED METAL! I reserve the right to perform an autopsy to any darts that I feel seem unsafe, and ban any darts that violate the above rules.

What to bring:
-WATER! For YOUR SAKE!
-A lunch, packed or pre-bought. There aren't many places to get food nearby.
-2-3 primaries.(Please bring more than one, since there is a large chance that it will break/fail during the day, or you will just hate it in the field/get bored of it)
-200+ darts
-A pistol or two-we will be having pistol rounds
-Fun ammo- rockets, missiles, megas, mongos, balls, etc.
-Stuff to trade/money to buy stuff. We will have trading time.
-Stock ammo, if your manly enough to use it.
-Bring some melee stuff-swords, knives, etc, just for fun.

What not to bring:
-Alchohol or drugs
-Real firearms
-Camo
-Ghillie suits
-Flat black blasters
-Un-allowed darts
-Death darts

Shields:
-Manta Rays and Laser Fang wings only.

Melee:
-Melee hits count as barrel "taps". If your melee weapon gets shot it counts as a blaster hit.

Lunch:
-Pack one. There are places to eat within driving distance, not really walking distance.

Match Types:
-Deathmatch (3-15, 5-20, etc.)
-Not Deathmatch (will figure out what once I get a better idea of who will be attending)
-CTF?
-Pistol only rounds
-Whatever else we want to play

Please post below saying whether or not you can attend, and what date/location works best for you. Also, if you have advice for venue choice, please post below or PM me (for example, if you know of a better venue in the area, or one of the three mentioned above just suck). Please bring guests/friends/family if possible! The more the merrier! Let's make this an amazing war!

Attendees

Definite:
ChaosPropel (+1)
Aftershock
Landstricker
Crankymonky
Keo
T-Dog
Shandsgator
Koree
Modsrus

Maybe:

Langley
Muttonchops
Doom
Dizzyduck
Redshot (+2?)

#303052 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 08 August 2011 - 08:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds great, everyone! Redshot, I hope that you/your party can make it! I'll update the OP with attendence info when we get everything confirmed (date/venue).

For now, I'm gonna go ahead and set the date at Sept. 17th. Objections? If it doesn't work for too many people, I'll be willing to change to the 24th, or possibly the week before.

I am currently looking in to potential venues other than Beall ES; I'll update you guys soon.

#303163 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 10 August 2011 - 02:43 PM in Nerf Wars

So I can tell any possible guests Beall and the 17th ?

The date is most likely the 17th, but location will possibly change.

#303559 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 19 August 2011 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll begin updating the attendees list as soon as more people become definites, since right now the list for maybes is too long to mean anything.

#303647 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 21 August 2011 - 09:28 AM in Nerf Wars

This was is going to be in Rockville, right? The conversation about where to have a war is for the next one?

Yes, the war will be at Beall ES in Rockville, MD.
Keo's talk about the other locations were for future wars, not necessarily DCNF wars.

#303873 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 26 August 2011 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, war is no longer at Beall, as MSI has games there all month.

Any ideas for venues?

#303902 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 27 August 2011 - 09:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I'm just about ready to change the location to Ovid Hazen Wells.
Will anyone/anyone's guest be taking the METRO to the war? If so, I'll consider a different location, as I want to accomodate all attendees as best I can, in hopes of making the war run as smoothly as possible.

#303963 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 28 August 2011 - 01:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Dizzy, out of your list, I think that Fleming Local, Good Hope, Longbranch, Norwood, and Capital View-Homewood seem to stand out to me. I will check out as many of these parks, and possibly others when I can (preferrebely on the weekend, since that would be the best representation of how crowded these parts are). Can anyone who lives close to any of these parks check them out/take some pictures? That would be a great help.

#303842 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 25 August 2011 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

what about a recon with none of the attachments, but a bigger than 6 clip ?

I'm definitely not going to use that, and unlikely the other 2 mentioned if I still have them later.

Not a pistol.
Please PM with more questions like this, so we don't clutter up the thread.

#303840 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 25 August 2011 - 07:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I may not have a long range gun with no Joey and no Sharvil and likely not getting that singled LongShot back in order, and already have deals with both of them.

So things like the Barricade or a Manta pistol are not pistols for that round ?

Sure, I'll allow the Barricade, since they won't get as much range as a Singled NF, for example, which has a slower ROF.
The Manta pistol is also ok.

#303716 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 22 August 2011 - 08:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Holy smokes! I may actually be able to make this one. There are still a lot of factors in play, but you can put me down as a firm maybe for once!

Awesome, T-Dog! How's your shoulder?
I'll update the attendance list later today.

#303728 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 22 August 2011 - 02:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Correct, there will be no aftermath this time, and in the future.
Attendance list has been updated.

#303966 All You Need Is NERF: DCNF#2

Posted by ChaosPropel on 28 August 2011 - 02:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Fleming sounds great, what kind of things would you like for these Mobstacles ?

A standard mobstable, I guess. PM me with questions on construction.