NerfHunter03's Content

There have been 49 items by NerfHunter03 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#293341 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 25 January 2011 - 09:48 AM in Modifications

Converted BuzzBee Ultimate Outlaw Water gun:

Posted Image

Posted Image

CPVC Barrel/Breech, 1/2" CPVC Coupler nested inside a 1/2" PVC coupler.

Achieves probably 80-90' on full tank.

#295191 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 01 March 2011 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

This is my first or second post in this thread, since I normally do not take pics. Just a couple things I wanted to share:

Posted Image
^ The 1st Gen TTG in center was done on a day off from class. Both TTGs are plunger-tube replaced, spring swap, CPVC couplered barrel, and 2 10" bungees on each. Then NF is cut down, Spring replaced, CPVC coupled, and PETG Barrel.
Posted Image
^^ This is for the head of the Leadership Program here at college.
Posted Image
^^^ Not a clear pic of the blaster, but its a 2nd Gen TTG, broke the glue dome at 70'. It has the Plunger tube-replaced, New spring (I'm not sure where spring is from), Double O-Ring, CPVC Couplered, CPVC Barrel, 2 10" Bungees.

More to come as I get bored here at school.

#273144 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 24 April 2010 - 05:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Got everything packed up.... Checking out of the hotel in the next hour or so.... See some of y'all at Dennys!

#273004 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 22 April 2010 - 02:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't live in the area, but I do have a GPS that locates the places to restaurants and such. So if we got there early enough I'm sure we could get a bite. What time are you planing on getting there. I was planning on 8:00-8:30 since I have a one and a half hour drive. I could go earlier though.

My friend and I actually found a Denny's down the street from the hotel we will be stayin at... Its about 5 minutes or so from The Grid... I was thinking about gettin there around 0730 or 0800 that morning.

#273384 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 26 April 2010 - 09:20 AM in Nerf Wars

- Being impressed by the two guys using Longshots

Why thank you very much! My biggest highlight of the day had to be the final kill of a round I got with stock streamlines on someone, I believe it was VACC, with a +bow...

Highlights:

- Using the Longshots to surprising success against much better blasters.
- Pistol rounds were amazing.
- The slick floor made it easy to run and slide.
- Watching my friend go running forward armed only with a Longshot.
- I got a chance to meet a lot of the people on the forums.
- Being able to use my AT3k in one round of fighting, to decent results, before it broke.
- Venue was alright, there were plenty of bunkers to take cover behind.
- Found out I could provide more effective reconnaissance while using the Longshot than covering fire

(-) From my friend, Kris: He said his biggest highlight was in a pistol round against Talio when the nitefinder mis-fired 3 times. Then when Talio came around to barrel-tap him, it magically fired!

*More to come as I think of them...*

#273398 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 26 April 2010 - 12:40 PM in Nerf Wars

That would eliminate the bunkers in those areas from play for the other team, since dead players would be spawning right on top of you. Though, those littls plywood houses might be very useful as spawn points. , or even as flag points with the original bases used as spawn points.

I was just using the Grid as a reference point, because I knew that was something we all had in common. This is definately not limited to that venue. It was just a way of offering some form of visualization to my words. However, The plywood houses as flag points, with original bases as spawn points offers more sheltering to the respawning players.

#267670 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 02 March 2010 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

OK... I'm in for the 24th... I just have to tell my bosses I can't work that weekend, and I'll be all set. I'll also talk to a couple friends at school here, and see if they are interested in joining me for the road trip! This place looks awesome from those pictures, I can't wait...

EDIT: Just wondering if anyone in the Western New York area would want to carpool down (I'll drive)? Just PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

EDIT 2: Just heard back from a friend, and I got at least one more interested, and I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple others.

#272989 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 22 April 2010 - 11:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright.... Just out of curiosity, does anyone who lives in the area know of any good breakfast restaurants in the immediate area of The Grid?

#273395 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 26 April 2010 - 12:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, push probably makes more sense. Still, the spawn area is tricky. The bases are the only areas that are routinely out of play. Anywhere else and you might have an opposing player bunkered in your team's spawn point. The oly other option I really see is to have people spawn in the corner of the room by the opposing team's base.

What about spawning in areas near mid-field? In reference to The Grid's set up:

Blue's base would be back by the garage bay area.
Red's base would be at the opposite end, by the locker box.

Blue's spawn point would be at the wall, halfway from either base, across from the doors.
Red's spawn point would be at the wall, also halfway from either base, on the same side as the doors.

#273570 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 27 April 2010 - 09:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Very nice pics BPSO! I agree with you on the over-powered guns... lol.. o well.. what can you do...

OFF TOPIC: Vacc, I was wondering if you have a couple pics of your +Bow that I can show someone here at school...

#267958 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 04 March 2010 - 12:02 AM in Nerf Wars

OK... As I said before, I am definitely in, +1 other friend from home. Any idea on cost per person yet?

EDIT: I can RSVP for 4/24 only, other days I can't make it. However, I can also assure you I can RSVP for 3 people (Me + 2 Friends). Also, thanks for the invite, Talio!!!

#268388 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 07 March 2010 - 07:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Thats on a wednsday though. It would work better on a weekend.

He means April 24th (It's a Saturday).

#268159 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 05 March 2010 - 05:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna book it tonight for the 24th.

That sounds awesome! My friends and I are so pumped for this war! (It'll be so worth the 6-hour drive down there!)

#272768 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 20 April 2010 - 11:56 AM in Nerf Wars

So what kind of darts are allowed? I'm makin some this week around my school schedule, and have about 150 slugs made already, and a couple single bbs. I'm just wondering what we can use down there. I saw the restriction on slingshot ammo, but was just wondering if there were any others.

#268656 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 09 March 2010 - 10:02 AM in Nerf Wars

I am officially RSVPing for 3 people, and am awaiting a response for my PM to you...

#272309 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 15 April 2010 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

We're going to figure out what everyone owes at the event. Bring 20 bucks just to be safe. I have a feeling there might be a few people who bitch out.

Unfortunately, the managers at the Tops where my friend works are giving him a hard time about time off next weekend for the war, but hes currently looking to find another job. As of right now, I and one other guest are still definitely attending, but as of now my other guest must be bumped down to a maybe.

#270771 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 30 March 2010 - 11:24 AM in Nerf Wars

*EDIT* ... Coulda sworn that post said something else when I got the notification in my email...

#269434 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 17 March 2010 - 08:27 AM in Nerf Wars

How many people are going so far? Just finalized our sleeping plans for the weekend! I'm just trying to figure out an apporximate price range... I know it'll be released after the 1st, I just want an approximate idea...

#268681 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 09 March 2010 - 03:28 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys gonna pay me at March war?

Payment sent about 5 minutes ago! Can't wait for this!

#287012 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 16 October 2010 - 10:54 AM in Modifications

...... Anyone have any insights as to what the deal is? I have double and triple checked the voltage/current with my multimeter. If we can figure out how to make the Stampede work with increased voltage running the correct way through the blaster it might completely solve the auto-run issue.

In Reference to your "autofire" ... I have 2 Stampedes, both can run the 16.8 setup just fine after using SGNerf's Upgrade kit. I strongly reccomend it to anyone with the "autorun" after jumping the voltage. I'm just waiting on a second shipment of batteries and converters from hong kong so I can have both up and running at the same time.

I did the conversion with SGNerf's kit as well and still get the auto-fire issue when using thicker (LogHome white foam) darts. I think it has to do with the black return spring, but none of us are sure.

I have been using the stock ammo, as that is what everyone else at school uses, so I cannot speak for custom darts.

#287002 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 15 October 2010 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

...... Anyone have any insights as to what the deal is? I have double and triple checked the voltage/current with my multimeter. If we can figure out how to make the Stampede work with increased voltage running the correct way through the blaster it might completely solve the auto-run issue.

In Reference to your "autofire" ... I have 2 Stampedes, both can run the 16.8 setup just fine after using SGNerf's Upgrade kit. I strongly reccomend it to anyone with the "autorun" after jumping the voltage. I'm just waiting on a second shipment of batteries and converters from Hong Kong so I can have both up and running at the same time.

#292581 Grid Code 2

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 10 January 2011 - 09:21 PM in Nerf Wars

If I can make it down, I can bring some of the "Killer Targets" that FA24 posted about back in October/November as a different game type, or for the DTC Rounds. I don't know what you have planned for the rounds, but just thought I would offer. As it stands now, I will most likely be available on the date, its more a matter of finding someone else who wants to take the trip down with me, since there are seemingly few nerfers in the WNY area that are willing to make a road trip.

#292455 Grid Code 2

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 09 January 2011 - 12:08 PM in Nerf Wars

The first one was a lot of fun, and I'd like to come to this one. However, as of right now, please put me +1 as a maybe. I'll confirm attendance a little closer to the date if I can go.

Also, if anyone from the Western New York area wants to go down, let me know.

#293169 Grid Code 2

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 20 January 2011 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I suppose since I have the day off of work, I should look into hotels... I'm a definite as well, I'll see if anyone else is interested.

#293477 Grid Code 2

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 27 January 2011 - 11:39 PM in Nerf Wars

After doing some math, I don't believe I will be able to make the trip down this time. Perhaps I will be able to make the drive to the next spring/summer war, but for now, it is just too pricey for me to drive it alone.

I can say, though, that the last time I went to Grid, it was great. Perhaps we shall meet up at the next one. Once again, sorry I can't make it. Have fun!

#292771 Grid Code 2

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 13 January 2011 - 10:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, so the 26th is looking really solid. I talked to the guy and he says it ours, we just have to get on the books. Like last year it will be 300 bucks. So what we'll do is everyone sends me 5 or 10 bucks and I give it to the guy for a downpayment. Then we'll subtract it from the total 300 and devide it by the number of attendees who actually arrive. Your initial payment is of course non-refundable.

....... Other Important info ......
Talio.

I'll put down $5 for me, and $5 for a friend of mine, but at this point, we are both still maybes, but it's looking like a strong likelihood that I will make the drive down at least.

EDIT: Ice Nine... You gonna be making darts by any chance?

#293317 Grid Code 2

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 24 January 2011 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

To Piggy-Back off of Seoulman's offer, anyone from the Western New York, or Niagara Falls area that plan to attend and want to carpool down, I do plan on heading down the day before the way, and spending the night, returning after the war.

EDIT: I am no longer able to go...

#275999 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 25 May 2010 - 09:32 PM in News

The ammo holders are a tacticool rail accessory. That could be useful. Well, it's refreshing to see a new n-strike gun that does not involve clips for a change.

Dang... was just gonna say the same thing! That rail would be a pretty cool addition to the N-Strike Accessories.

#310605 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 02 February 2012 - 11:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Unfortunately, this time I cannot justify the time off work, driving the 7 hours down and back, with an overnight stay for a 6 hour war...

However, as someone who played in the first Grid War (Talio's War), I will vouch for the arena, and that it was a blast last time I was there.

#290052 Nerf Barricade - Mod Guide!

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 04 December 2010 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know where to source those AAA to AA adapters for making the "empty" battery cells? The ones on DealExtreme look like they don't have a bottom piece (making them worthless for this applications) and they're out of stock anyway. I haven't been able to find ones like SGNerf uses online anywhere.

If I can't find any, I guess the only option is to find a bolt/wire to jam/solder in between the contacts in the gun itself with no casing.

I just bought a few of them... let me see if I can dredge up a location... I'll edit this post once I get the name of the company.

EDIT: I found the source: Click Here (2 Pack for 2.26 USD)

#282305 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 06 August 2010 - 10:32 AM in General Nerf

Hmmm... Thanks SgNerf.... I saw some of those yesterday in target, but they just seemed rather small. I'm gonna have to consider picking one up now that you have sizes listed! Thanks again!

#275152 N-strike Alpha Trooper Cs-18

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 18 May 2010 - 12:23 PM in General Nerf

I personally feel that the 18 round drum will make it a lttle bit easier to use than the 36-round drum for the right-handers out there when using it in a longshot/strike, or recon, without modifying it.

#293188 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 21 January 2011 - 09:09 AM in Nerf Wars

February
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20690]26th [PA] Grid Code 2[/url]

#276575 Breaking Nerf News!

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 01 June 2010 - 03:22 PM in Off Topic

Not gonna lie VACC... You did fool me... I'm with seoulman - Was expecting some ban-hammer action! This is much better though!

Split! Happy birthday! I wish you many more great years of foam flinging...

Note: Any errors will get fixed when I can be on an actual computer (around midnight) once I get home from SoCal...

#312573 Massacre 7

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 08 March 2012 - 04:32 PM in Nerf Wars

random question: what length are the rental darts?

If they are the same rentals as last time, I can tell you they are assorted lengths...

#310276 Massacre 7

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 28 January 2012 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Anyone on the fence about this at all should go. FA24, Pearson, and K10 are awesome hosts, and are awesome to hang with in general. Yes, $40 could be seen as a high cost, but its totally worth it. It is a full day of fun, and always action packed. I highly recomend any war hosted by these guys.

--> Not to mention the fact that I havent met anyone up there I havent liked yet.

P.S.: And Langley, sucks you wont be there... woulda been great nerfin with y'all again.

#303757 Hell Before Halloween 5

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 23 August 2011 - 11:05 AM in Nerf Wars

So, yea.... I'm definately down for this.... As long as I don't get screwed by a job offer or anything ;)

On a side note angel, I can't log into the new site, and it says my email is not registered...

#293285 Water Warriors Ultimate Bandit

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 24 January 2011 - 10:29 AM in Modifications

I went to my local Walmart lookin for this, but they didnt have any out. Therefore, I bought the next size up, the Outlaw. I ended up almost sawing the orange cover off, then opening it up I did what you did, but nested a 1/2" PVC coupler over it, and was gettin 60' Ranges. I never pumped it until the tank was full though. Only to a maximum of 50 (once) and more commonly 30.

#286393 Help With Stampede?

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 01 October 2010 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

[...stuff...]

You should check if that part is even necessary to operate the gun. It's possible that the part is a redundant safety mechanism that you won't need like the magazine-lock or the boltsled-lock on the Longshot.

I can say for sure it IS necessary, as it is the piece that the spring pushes against in order to drive the plunger rod down the tube.

#297569 Massacre 6

Posted by NerfHunter03 on 26 April 2011 - 07:12 AM in Nerf Wars

fuck it, if i have to whore myself out the week before to have the gas money

put my name on that list, i'll be there

BoneRiot.... I'm thinkin about goin to this too, so perhaps we can carpool up there...