He Who Mods's Content

There have been 95 items by He Who Mods (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#337827 Why do slug darts need to be made with washers?

Posted by He Who Mods on 29 March 2014 - 11:16 AM in Darts and Barrels

So, I have been making slugs for a couple of years now, I started off using washers and now use ball bearings, but these types of darts are not normally allowed at wars. The first washers I got were #8 washers and it was very hard to get a dart without exposed metal, so I switched over to #6 washers. These, albeit not giving much exposed metal, were too light and didn't shoot good distances. So I switched over to these: http://www.mcmaster....6455k74/=razl3l , and no these are not glue domes, they have felt over them. These give me no exposed metal, good weight, and are safer than washer slugs. So my question is why do people not allow them at wars if they are, in my opinion, safer that traditional slugs?

Wow, I have never really thought of that. I think from now on I will make darts this way. The BB in the middle would also make dart making 10000 times easier since you don't need to burn a giant hole in them.

#338328 What Happened to NerfRev?

Posted by He Who Mods on 19 April 2014 - 10:47 PM in General Nerf

I did send Vincent an email the other week, hopefully he gets back to me. My hope is, if they've truly given up the ghost, that we could host a read-only archive of NRev somewhere (since there is a lot of unique content over there).

Yah, it is a real shame the NRev collapsed. Much of Louice3 and many other's work is now lost forever. If the site is recovered. We could possibly post a read-only version in a forum, merging it with NH. On the bright side, now that NRev is down, nerfers aren't separated and now everyone has their ideas on one website.

#334157 W.W.A.C. (War Worthy Air Cannon)

Posted by He Who Mods on 19 September 2013 - 07:50 PM in Homemades

If this blaster was unsafe, we wouldn't let him use it in our wars. The pressures in the tank are no higher than the pressure of a 4B, also, the check valve he made cracks after a few pumps, since it cannot contain high pressures, acting as a sort of OPRV. The chances of the blaster exploding are extremely, if not completely low due to the fact that it is not even possible to put enough pressure in the tank with pump and set up shown. Also, while this may be an old design, many new factors are involved such as the homemade pump and check valves, and the design is much more streamlined and safe then the usual ball-valve cannon. Again, this cannon shoots even with a snapbow not at all being a "cheap blaster", and isn't the extremely unsafe cannon it seems to be.

#334090 W.W.A.C. (War Worthy Air Cannon)

Posted by He Who Mods on 17 September 2013 - 04:49 PM in Homemades

This thing outranged my 4B with stock pump, but during that match azrael was using double weighted slugs too, so it's difficult to say how overpowered the blaster itself is.

His air cannon rocks. This new writeup is great for people who do not want to buy a pump.

This is really simple and easy to build, and the quality of the writeup is good, but I have never attended a nerf war where this thing would ever have been allowed.

We let him use it at our Missouri wars with a certain number of pumps, it isn't too bad, shoots only a few feet further than my pumpsnap, it does not hurt any more than the other primaries. It just needs an adjustable OPRV to be perfect.

#337594 Twin Magstrike Build

Posted by He Who Mods on 22 March 2014 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

I like to use normal size mags to reduce the footprint of the gun and to prevent catching since they hang. However, I do wear an army vest and carry up to 15 magazines.

Posted Image

Yah, with 15 clips, I think you're good.

#337583 Twin Magstrike Build

Posted by He Who Mods on 22 March 2014 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

Haha, you are going to own those zombies, now you just need to make a bigger clip. Nice mod man, maybe not the cleanest, but definitely practical.

#333082 Troubleshooting singled longshot

Posted by He Who Mods on 15 August 2013 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

I had the same thing happen to my singled longshot. At first, it only got about 65-75 ft. instead of the 100-115ft. I had expected. I added a much stronger spring and re-did the seal of the bottom of the bolt to the inside of the plunger since my measurements were wrong. This did not let the bolt return far enough to seal with the top of the plunger tube, letting air escape. Once fixed, my longshot shot easily over 100ft. (it still doesn't shoot streamlines due to too much friction in the barrel and not enough air volume) Also, your paint job and stock integration are awesome and I was glad I could see them at the war.

#338904 TR-27 GRYPHON - CR-18 Rapidstrike Mod

Posted by He Who Mods on 12 May 2014 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

Wow. Probably the most in-depth overview/writeup I have ever seen. The blaster is awesome too. Hope we can see more things from you soon!!!

#337503 Terrible Tornado (photo heavy)

Posted by He Who Mods on 15 March 2014 - 01:57 PM in Modifications

Great mod man, I love the look of the whole thing. Just to make it more practical, I would maybe try adding a new pump other that the at2k one to the blaster, it would greatly increase ROF and would take less effort. Also, I would maybe use PETG instead of brass because it is lighter, WAY cheaper, and easier to work with. All in all though, awesome blaster and I really want a tornado shell now.

#337580 Terrible Tornado (photo heavy)

Posted by He Who Mods on 22 March 2014 - 10:36 AM in Modifications

An entire 3D printed turret? How much do they go for, cheaper than regular 2K turrets?

A month or so ago, he was selling them for about $10+ shipping apiece, shipping is really cheap too, only around $3.

#337750 Super cool gun that i dont know what to do with...

Posted by He Who Mods on 27 March 2014 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

My advice would be one of three things: A - get an easier to use air blaster. Supersoakers are crazy powerful, just take wayyyyyyyy too many pumps. B - attach a much larger pump. It would take a LOT less pumps if you did that. Or C - but a mini air compressor and power it with a big 12 volt battery.

Make sure you save the stock pump for future projects, it looks like it would work well as a replacement pump.

#337107 Sodizzle Longshot v2

Posted by He Who Mods on 17 February 2014 - 08:59 PM in Modifications

Nice job Pop', good to see you haven't completely retired yet.

Me too, with so many nerfers leaving the hobby nowadays, it's good to see a quick update. Nice write-up by the way.

#331220 SLANE: The Second Coming

Posted by He Who Mods on 24 June 2013 - 09:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Count me in! I will be bringing one to three other people along. I can't wait for SLANE 2!

#331894 SLANE: The Second Coming

Posted by He Who Mods on 13 July 2013 - 09:50 PM in Nerf Wars

In agreement with Shanaynay, I had an an awesome time at SLANE 2 today, I definitely hope to see more Missouri wars on the forums and will look out for them. I think that the rounds could have been a bit more organized do to everyone just talking for 30 minutes in between rounds and also have a little more diversity of game types, but I still had a ton of fun and thank the coordinators for the pretty great war.

#340633 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 22 July 2014 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

It's on the 9th? Damn can't make it then. Next year let's try and have this sometime during the middle of summer if we can.

Agreed, if it helps, we could maybe think about the war being on the 10th since so many people can't work with the 9th.

#341114 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 09 August 2014 - 11:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Sorry, running a little late. Be there by 12;15ish. If you are there just wait by the tree we unloaded at last year.

#341111 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 09 August 2014 - 09:45 AM in Nerf Wars

UPDATE!: AS OF NOW THE WAR IS STILL HAPPENING. I WILL UPDATE YOU AGAIN IF IT IS RAINING. If you are coming make sure to bring an umbrella just in case though.

#340728 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 27 July 2014 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

did not know how close (area) it was to Il. Make a set date then i can give you a for sure answer. Sunday the 10th sounds like itd work for me

Sorry, enough people voted for the 9th. If you can still come that would be great though!

#340356 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 01:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello and Welcome to SLANE 3!!!!!!! (St. Louis Annual Nerfing Event)

Date:August 9th
Time: 12pm-5 or 6pm (depends on mood)

GOOGLE MAP

View this map with a detailed legend in a larger window.

What to Bring

-At least 1 primary and 1 secondary (don't worry if you don't have lots of fancy blasters. We had lots of guys using stock blasters last year and they had a blast)
-loaners if you have extra primaries or extra darts
-Darts, I would suggest 150-200, there will be dart sweeps
-Sunscreen. We don't want any sunburns.
-Eye Protection. Mandatory for all ages
-Melee Weapons
-Money and items for trade. (optional)
-a raffle item (optional)
-Water
-A friend (or lots of friends)

What NOT to Bring

-black, camo, or realistic looking blasters
-Glue domes
-Singled Titans, Ridiculously powered blasters
-Homemade Air Cannons (sorry Azrael)
-Alcohol/Drugs

Game Types

-Death Match
-Defend/ Offend the Core
-CTF/ Carpe
-Wingman
-Freezetag
-Many more TBD
Attendees:
Me + 3-5
Xenial
Azrael
Shanaynay + 1-5(needs loaners!)
Maybes:
Joe Espinoza
Don't forget to eat beforehand! Alright guys, that's it. Hopefully we can get a good 15 or so people!!

#340462 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 16 July 2014 - 11:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't make the 2nd and Kane can't make the 9th, so looks like we're out for this one.

Alright man, maybe next year I could head up to one of yours or vice versa. Thanks for the offer!

#340386 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 15 July 2014 - 01:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. Expect me to bring 1-5 people. My people aren't in to modding however and I don't have any primaries to loan them. Could I ask someone to bring a couple loaners with them?

I'm pretty much finished with modding, so I'll be bringing a bunch of junk and looking to sell all of it.

Great! I have a few loaners but they may be used by my friends that are coming so it would help if some more people could bring some loaners. I would be happy to take some of your junk off your hands(especially the 5k pistol).

#340366 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 07:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make it on august 9th. July 25-31 I will be out of town so if the date ends up getting moved, the weekend of the 25th will be no good for me. Other than that im open for anything. So count me as going. I hope Ryan and Kane comes. I'd like to have Ryan look at my plusbow and see if he knows what issue its having. I'm only getting about 70-80 feet out of it, and it doesnt want to hopper reliably with slugs.

Great! The 9th is pretty much the set date since it works with most people and I doubt I can do the second. Can't wait to see everyone there! Plus I want to see the new plusbow (bad pun).

#340372 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

You guys know im there! Already got it on my calender. I actually just pulled all my blasters from my moms place and had about 3 hours of blasting with my baby sister. Her NiteFinder skills are wicked! Ill be working on a ton of stuff tonight and will have a load to unload. Cant wait!

Haha, I hope we don't have to compete with your sister! Glad you can make it and if you still have that 1.5K from way back when I am still interested.

Not sure about either still need to check on both.

Ok cool, hope you can make it!

#340363 SLANE 3… It is finally here

Posted by He Who Mods on 14 July 2014 - 03:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe.

Will do, hope you can make it! What date are you looking at? I would prefer the 9th since I am not too sure if I can on the 2nd.

#337974 Reliably Hoppering Silicone Darts

Posted by He Who Mods on 01 April 2014 - 08:11 PM in Darts and Barrels

Wow haha, a year or two of ideas and time consuming wyes and all you had to do was flip the dart around. Is there a decrease in range? Since the dart has to use some extra energy and spin in the air (being less aerodynamic) I would expect a slight range difference, but not a very impressive one.

#337105 Possible war in southern Illinois

Posted by He Who Mods on 17 February 2014 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I may be able to with some friends. If not, you could always make a fairly short trip to one of our Missouri wars this summer/spring.

#337168 Possible war in southern Illinois

Posted by He Who Mods on 20 February 2014 - 06:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok but I'm 13 so I can't drive so maybe just maybe if I'm in mo sometime I'll be there of your close to where I am.

Cool I'll PM you about dates and locations, etc.

#331549 PANB 870

Posted by He Who Mods on 03 July 2013 - 09:56 PM in Homemades

Wow, like many of the others have said, this is an amazing design that is not too hard to replicate at all. I definitely hope to try and make on of these in the future. Also, judging that most of the blaster are PVC and wood, would this be a fairly inexpensive build? Again, great work on the loading mechanism. :D

#337534 NH Homemade Contest Submission Thread

Posted by He Who Mods on 17 March 2014 - 08:47 PM in Homemades

My double SNAP bow. It is in the plusbow category.
Posted Image

#337995 Next GA Nerf War

Posted by He Who Mods on 02 April 2014 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I usually take all footage and make it into a war video for my channel.

I know, I was just wondering if we could have some footage to and then link you and modman in the description. By the way, your war videos and war trailers are amazing.

#337929 Next GA Nerf War

Posted by He Who Mods on 31 March 2014 - 04:51 PM in Nerf Wars

It's a shame about NRev. Well, as I said on that thread, I will be attending. However, my Dad will not be coming. Hopefully our new means of getting war footage and pictures will be sufficient. :D

You wouldn't happen to be able to send some war footage to the collaboration channel would you? link here

#337926 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 31 March 2014 - 04:16 PM in General Nerf

Glad you like it. Where can I find this magic dropbox exactly?

Haha, sorry I forgot to send you the link. P'Med

#338359 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 20 April 2014 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Alright guys, currently, we have about two to three weeks until our first episode and still have only 2-3 pieces of footage. We really need some footage of you showing off your blasters, fighting in wars, reviewing products, giving tutorials, or whatever you feel like you should upload. The first episode will be a compilation of footage but hopefully each following week we can focus on one topic. Please donate footage and leave a comment if you do! Thanks again!

Also, what should the next episode focus on?

mods
homemades
a particular blaster
wars
darts
other

#338062 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 05 April 2014 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Alright guys, now that I have finally finished all the planning, we really need some footage. If you want to contribute, leave a comment in this topic explaining what it is and put it on the drop box link. Thanks again guys!

#338257 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 15 April 2014 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

INTRO VIDEO UP!!!!! Check it out and subscribe!!!

#338272 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 16 April 2014 - 11:31 PM in General Nerf

Thanks Zorn! I can't wait for the channel and hope everyone will give plenty of footage for the first video!

#337885 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 30 March 2014 - 12:56 PM in General Nerf

A week or so ago was a discussion (link) on a collaborative youtube channel dedicated to spreading the NIC and showcasing mods, wars, homemade, ideas, and interviews. This topic will be dedicated to this channel and is where you can send us your videos to be put on the channel.

To send us footage, it must meet the requirements:
-HD video (at least 720p)
-Concise videos (must stay on topic, be pleasing to watch, not boring, stable footage)
-Professional quality (no long pauses, no obscene language, etc.)

The videos do not have to be edited, but they must be professional. If you choose not to edit footage you send in, please keep the video on topic and pleasing to watch.

To send us the video, you can use one of two ways:
1: EDIT!!!!! you don't need to send me your emai, I found an easier way. Drag your videos to the link here
2: leave a downloadable link for us in a response.

Once you have sent us footage, you give us permission to edit it in any way we choose, so if you don’t want us modifying your video on the channel, don’t send us your videos. Credit will be given to the creator of the video and we will give links to subscribe to the owner’s channel (unless the creator wants to be anonymous). Just because you send us your video does not mean it will be put on the channel. We will try to post everyone’s content, but if it does not meet the requirements, it will be ignored. If you sent us a video that met the requirements and was not featured on the channel, P’M either nine, Bchamp22795, or myself and we will try to work it out with you.

The video can be about anything nerf-related (war footage, reviews on new blasters, modifications, IN DEPTH tutorials, homemades, ideas and concepts, interviews with famous nerfers, podcasts, etc.) We hope to see lots of GOOD war footage, since the community is currently lacking this. If you contribute to the channel, we would like it if you subscribed and promoted the channel on your channel so we can get the word out more easily. The channel can be found HERE
We will try to subscribe to everyone that contributes or whom we feel deserves recognition in the nerf world. Thank you for all the support!

Tentative release for the intro video will be either Friday, May 2 or Tuesday, May 6.

#337905 NERF COLLABORATION CHANNEL

Posted by He Who Mods on 31 March 2014 - 06:49 AM in General Nerf

Nice nine, that looks awesome. Could you try and put it in the Dropbox?

#333572 n-strike clip fed electric eel.

Posted by He Who Mods on 30 August 2013 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

This is a really nice writeup, too bad I don't have an electric eel . This would make a great secondary. If I do get one I will try this, also, this looks like it could be implemented on other pistols too without too much trouble.

#336844 Missouri Nerf Time

Posted by He Who Mods on 03 February 2014 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't wait for summer! My arsenal has easily doubled and I have a lot of things i'm itching to test out. I will be available for pretty much any time, and can do wars in the st. Louis area.

Great, I was hoping to maybe host a war around spring break to start off the season at Blackburn- the same place we had SLANE. I don't know if Mindlord is active anymore though.