Retiate's Content

There have been 733 items by Retiate (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#103319 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 30 April 2007 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

I like it Shorty, reminds me of my NF, though yours has more black.
Posted Image

#101157 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 17 March 2007 - 12:28 PM in Modifications

FH that is a really nice AT3K. The stock is well-made, and the paint job makes it look really good. I like the black PVC over the turret, it looks neat how you can't see the barrels until the end in the picture. I wonder how it would look with a pump extended out like the AT2K pump...

#104514 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 07 May 2007 - 11:50 PM in Modifications

I normally don't do this... but this one is special: Preview of My Next PJ/Mod. I won't tell you anything else. 6 Billion Bonus Points if you can I.D. What Gun This Is.

Posted Image

-Bags

It's gonna be something rediculous... Like a Nitefinder.
The only other gun I can think of right now that has a removeable front piece is the Longshot...
And I'm liking the paintjob on that barrel. It's nice to see some awsome bright, neon paintjobs.

#122819 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 12 September 2007 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

Ok, got the pictures up.

First, my 2 Crossfires. The paint needs to be redone, they're all scratched up from being tossed around. The barrels are 17/32" brass. They go probably around 45'.
Posted Image

My PETG'd SM750. This thing shoots pretty well, with about 6 pumps it gets around 100'. Though this was with thinner, really worn down darts. My newer batch of darts will probably get better results.
Posted Image

My new Pumpshot Gun. It's got pretty much all the mods on the Level 2 mod for it, minus the rubber foam in the front of the plunger tube. The barrel is sanded out PETG so 17/32" brass could fit in there, then the outside has been sanded so it can fit inside the 19/32" brass. I also have 2 of the stock springs in there as well as a spring from ACE. This one actually works really well. With the same thin, worn down darts, it hits about 115'.
Posted Image

My Magstrike. It's got one clip with 17/32" brass barrels, and 3 clips waiting to be PETG'd.
Posted Image

PETG'd SSII. I've got an idea for this one. I still gotta see if it'll work out. Might see more on this one later.
Posted Image

And, lastly, the internals of my in-progress NiteMav. I've been working on this one for a little while. The turret has 17/32" brass barrels and the Nitefinder plunger tube has a cut down Handyman spring in it.
Posted Image

#158470 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 09 June 2008 - 12:08 AM in Modifications

My newest addition:
Posted Image
Supermaxx 1500 turret with 8" heavy wall PETG barrels.

The paint is a metallic black with brown spirals topped with a gloss clear coat.
Posted Image

Made to match:
Posted Image

#100045 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 19 February 2007 - 02:37 AM in Modifications

Alrighty, I'll throw a few of my guns in here.

First off, my Pump Shotgun, with it's 3 different barrels. Going from top to bottom are 1. My original barrel I use in wars 2. Barrel used for shooting stock darts 3. My double barrel, inspired by Cmdrmack's Bigger Salvo mod.

Posted Image

Second, my Longshot, with a detachable Maglite on the rail which you will hear more about later. I put one of those Homedepot springs along with the stock spring and did the barrel mod SPU-Nerf did. I'm not sure about ranges, but I can't use one hand to prime it because only the side I'm pulling back will go back far enough to catch, while the other drags behind a tiny bit.

Posted Image

And, lastly, the thing I have been most recently working on...

Posted Image

Inspired by Nerfer34's Nitefinder. I wanted something like it, but not a copy. I think I did a good job.

It's a Nitefinder, chopped down to a much more compact size, with a Homedepot spring replacement, craft foam at the end of the plunger head, and a 4-point-something inch brass barrel replacement. The brass is covered in 1/2" PVC and I put a larger piece of PVC over that for a silencer, which is completely cosmetic. And it has that Maglite on the rail which you will hear even more about just a little bit later. This is also my second attempt at a paint job, which, in my opinion, is a huge improvement over the first. I had an inch or two of left over brass, so I made brass ammo holders where the batteries used to be, which I did not take a picture of. I guess you can see a tiny bit of one of them in that picture.

Here's a picture of it with the Maglite detached.

Posted Image

For the Maglite I cut apart that useless Longshot scope thing and took the gray rail piece, scrapping the rest of the scope. Then I found these little orange rings, I think they were pump caps to a couple super soakers I recently attempted to mod. With a little dremeling, they fit around the Maglite perfectly. I gooped those on to the gray rail attachment piece, then slid the Maglite through.

And I made a holster that fits suprisingly well saying I did a poor job on measuring dimensions and cutting the cardboard. It worked great in the war I had a couple weeks ago. Everyone had to either hold their sidearm, try and stuff it in a pocket, or not carry a sidearm at all. I happily stuck my new sidearm in my holster.

Posted Image

And it looks like I need to put another coat of paint on the bottom of the handle there.

#115953 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 15 July 2007 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

Here's some of my more recent modifications.

My Magstrike (Angel's mod).
Posted Image

My Rattler (Frost Vectron's mod, just a few minor changes).
Posted Image

Posted Image

And my clipped AT2K.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#97608 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 02 January 2007 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

I'm not exactly sure about this, but wouldn't cutting the end of your barrel like that on the AT2K make your darts fly down because of uneven pressure?

#98915 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 28 January 2007 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

That's pretty nice z80. I've never seen that gun before.

I have Vinyl connecting the turret to the airtank. It's pretty nice, gets decent range with good ROF.

I think getting rid of that vinyl tubing and connecting the airtank directly to the turret will increase ranges by a bit.

#94465 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Retiate on 14 November 2006 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

Pimpdaddy, that is really nice. What sort of ranges are you getting? I have the same gun and was thinking about doing that.

#141558 The Vulcan

Posted by Retiate on 20 February 2008 - 05:38 PM in General Nerf

My predictions of the usefulness of this gun based on modded ranges:

60- feet: Useless, just get a Magstrike
60-70 ft.: Okay weapon but not practical
70-80 ft.: Could be used by raiders and automatic weapon enthusiasts
80-90 ft.: At least one of these will make it into each team
90-100 ft.: Machine gunners will be prominent on the battlefield.
100+ ft.: This weapon will be banned at most wars for being against the spirit of Nerf.

More like
50'-60': Pretty good, usable in a war, good flag defense.
60'-70': Great primary, amazing flag defense.
70'-80': Crazy primary, capable of taking out many many people.
90'-100': Ridiculous, dominates everything.

I'd use it if it shot 40'.
Hook it up to a tripod and give it a slight angle.
Base defense.

#140122 The Vulcan

Posted by Retiate on 14 February 2008 - 12:35 AM in General Nerf

Personally, I was really excited to see a chain gun coming out. I have always wanted a Razorbeast, but they're too expensive to get with a decent amount of chains, plus I heard they are the worst of the 3 chain guns. I really like the crank over the push-pull though.
When I say the battery part, I was pretty pissed.
But I guess there could be potential, batteries don't automatically mean something like the Tommy 20. It could pull back a plunger like in many Airsoft guns. The only real way to find out is to just wait.

#140277 The Vulcan

Posted by Retiate on 14 February 2008 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

My hopes for this gun just shot back up.
Looks like it's not a flywheel design, and it looks like it could have decent ranges. The back of the gun looks fairly large, and I like the handle on top for a complete mini-gun feel. That tripod looks absolutely tiny though. It'll be loud, but if it gets set up for base defending, noise really doesn't matter.
If anyone watches that American Gladiators thing, they can guess stock ranges, assuming they will be firing the gun...

#93331 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 30 October 2006 - 12:18 AM in Darts and Barrels

The screws are 5/8's long.
... ...
I found out today that if I shoot them close range out of a BBB, it will make a slight dent in the wall... So I am still searching for a safe,fast,cheap,good safedart. I have tried Ruffstuff Safe Darts, Foam tipped darts, Stefans with felt tip and a few others... it seems that I will never find a good safe dart...

How long are your darts? If they're around 1" long, then 5/8" screws would be way too long. But assuming your darts are somewhere around 2", I think the screw length isn't your problem.

Your felt tipped darts are denting walls? Wow. Either that is one really high powered gun, or your walls are made of cardboard. My Pump Shotgun shooting hotglue tipped CDTS's might dent walls a little. I haven't tried. Though I know it takes some paint off the walls, that one was discovered from accidentally pulling the trigger.

#124235 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 26 September 2007 - 10:42 PM in Darts and Barrels

If I'm playing anywhere, I use red foam.

And do you just paint the back ends of your darts, or the whole body?

#93303 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 29 October 2006 - 09:27 PM in Darts and Barrels

Yeah. You really should secure the screw so it wont come out. Even if the chances of the screw coming out are slim, there's still the possibility. And your how long are the screws? If they are too long, then your darts won't fly right.

#121297 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 27 August 2007 - 04:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

I've got these in the mail right now. Though shipping was more than I thought, it's still a really good deal. I think it ended up being like $12, but you get a case of 650. And they don't have those wing pieces on them.

#99712 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 13 February 2007 - 12:26 AM in Darts and Barrels

Try and by the weights that dont have those wings. Those wings are only good for putting your dart off balance or tearing skin if it shoots out of the dome.

Oh, I got the wrong weights... Are they called something different? Or do I just have to look for packs with the ones without the wings?
I guess it's a good thing I only got 2 packs...

#110988 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 12 June 2007 - 09:38 PM in Darts and Barrels

Just wondering. I have always used only hot glue weights and my darts preform fine. Would CS's darts preform better, or should I just stick with my method?

If you use lower powered guns, your darts will work fine. If you want to use higher powered guns, the weights will keep your darts from spinning out and landing 10 feet in front of you.
I have never seen or tried CS's darts, so I can't tell you from experience. I don't think I've seen one person say he's had troubles with CS's darts. So I'm almost positive they will work great. Just make sure you cut the foam straight, so, like CS said, your darts will be "aerodynamically uniform". Cuts that aren't square will lead to unreliable darts.

CaptainSlug: If you have already tested each of your darts, which perform better for you, the converted ones or the FBR ones?

#101504 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 28 March 2007 - 05:11 PM in Darts and Barrels

I used to use Frost King foam. But, unfortunatly, they are extremely unreliable on sizes. The first batch of foam I got (that was a long time ago) was a not-too-dark-or-too-light shade of gray and was pretty thin, and would have a very loose fit in 9/16" brass. The 2nd batch was a dark gray and seemed like it had little bubbles all through it, looking much less dense than the first batch. It was also quite a bit thicker, making a tight fit in 9/16" brass. And my most recent and final batch of Frost King fbr, was a much lighter gray, and was very tight in 9/16" brass.

#100148 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 21 February 2007 - 03:37 AM in Darts and Barrels

Yeah, cut a some lengths of 4-5' of the foam, wrap duct tape on each end, then hang it from something with a weight attached to the bottom to stretch it out. Leave it there for a couple weeks and your foam will be straight and thinner.

#101519 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 29 March 2007 - 12:12 AM in Darts and Barrels

What's the barrel material your using? And you said your foam is a dark gray color? Does it look like it has little air pocket-like things all through it?

#99684 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 12 February 2007 - 06:00 PM in Darts and Barrels

Nice video. Definitely going to help me. Did you close the fishing weight just by pushing it? Or did you heat it up?

Also, my 3/0 fishing weights have little things coming off the bottom, did yours have those too?

And, of course, the mask looks great.

#100173 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 21 February 2007 - 06:40 PM in Darts and Barrels

You might be able to do that, but instead of waiting that long, get a blowdryer, set it on high, and blowdry the foam while it's stretching. That might cause it to stretch out and straighten faster. Thought I'm not completely sure if it'll work or not.

#174522 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Retiate on 02 September 2008 - 04:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

1/2" Sch. 40 PVC will fit 5/8" FBR. If it's too thin, putting in the drier for like 10 minutes should make them expand a little bit.

#101040 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by Retiate on 12 March 2007 - 11:35 PM in Homemades

Wow this thing looks like it's really coming along. You all are doing a great job on it. If I had any experience with homemades I might've attempted this. Though it looks really confusing.
A question about your shells... You are using 1/2" sch. 40 PVC, right? What is that they are fitting into? Is that 3/4" thinwall or something?

#92601 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by Retiate on 22 October 2006 - 02:21 PM in Homemades

Is your shotgun going to fire off multiple darts? Or is it just going to work like a shotgun?

Post some pictures if you decide your going to make it. I have though about making a shotgun that would shoot off multiple darts. What I came up with was one big cylinder with multiple shells loaded in it, then when you shot it, all the darts would come out of those shells. But I don't think that would work too well because it would ranges of no more than 20', which makes it pointless unless your rushing a group or somthing.

#127265 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Retiate on 24 October 2007 - 10:51 PM in News

So I'm somewhat excited for it.
I really do like that it's a clipped pistol (when all the accessories are removed) and I like that it isn't a remake of another gun. Though with all the accessories, it really does look a lot like one.

If the ranges aren't as good as the Longshot, believe it or not, I'll be pretty happy. I don't think a sidearm capable of shooting ~100' is going to be very cool. High RoF plus high range pretty much makes it superior to all other guns out there.
I would be most happy if it shot right around 60'. I'm sure people are going to disagree, but it's just what I think.
I do like how it can be disassembled, that could make some neat scenario games (like someone stated earlier).

Actually, if you want a really crazy integration, integrate this into another gun.
Though it's probably bigger than it looks. I'll guess it's a little longer than the Maverick, but less bulky and more holster-able (without the clip).

So yeah, pretty neat.

#133333 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Retiate on 21 December 2007 - 08:14 PM in News

I've been calling other stores now that Target is getting them and the results are...

Target-Yes
Walmart-No
Kohls- No

I talked to the one shipment manager at TRU and he said if the release date on Amazon was Dec 15. They would probaly get them in around Jan 3, based on previous Amazon items. So all we know for sure is that certain Targets have them, TRU might get them before other stores do, and they will be availible sometime during spring.

P.S. Target had 4 on the shelf. I didnt get a RC yet cus Im hoping to get one for Christmas.

What state is this in?

#105608 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Retiate on 14 May 2007 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Here's the list of guns I use:
-Pump Shotgun
-Nitefinder
-2x Maverick's
-Lock 'n Load (I modded it and keep it at my house, but it's my friend's gun)
-Supermaxx 1500 (Just modded, going home to my friend soon)

Guns I have, but don't use (mostly because they aren't modded yet)
-2x Supermaxx 1500's
-Big Bad Bow
-2x Airtech 2000's
-Blastfire
-Double Crossbow
-Nitefinder
-2x DTG's
-Titan
-Some converted Super Soaker, just needs a barrel
-Manta Ray (Broken... Need to integrate something into it... Any Suggestions?)
-Firefly

And I think that's it...

#218562 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 17 March 2009 - 10:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I think if we're going to go so much into detail about restrictions on the gun, it should just be banned. I'm still all for not allowing them. Just about every gun has its own ups and downs. Magstrikes have great rate of fire, but lack range, so you can beat that by staying out of that player's range. Crossbows have great range, but lack rate of fire, so you can beat that by grouping, rushing, or just avoiding that one shot. But Doomsayers have superior range and rate of fire... What can you do against that? And keeping the same amount of Doomsayers on each team just makes teams balanced, not the individual players. If I don't have a Doomsayer, then I have to try to avoid the person on the other team with one until my team's Doomsayer shows up to even it out.

I don't see how it's a big deal if they are banned. This war is still like four months away. That's more than enough time to pick out and modify a new primary. And just with the thought of allowing them, we already have people stopping their current projects to go out and buy a RFSG just because they know they're overpowered. Personally, I love seeing variety at the wars. I think it's really neat to see what everyone prefers to use at the wars and I like to see the individual play styles. It makes people more unique and the wars more interesting and more fun. I would way rather see teams with Longshots, Magstrikes, Airtechs, Supermaxxes, and a whole variety of other guns than just straight Doomsayers.

My vote stays at ban them 100%.

#217799 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 12 March 2009 - 11:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh, you guys just wait and see what I'm going to be doing to my Titan. Your Ballzooka will shake in fear.
...Or it won't work and I'll show up with a Reactor. That's plan B.

And on the topic of swords and shields... I'm alright with them as long as they count as gun hits.

#219050 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 21 March 2009 - 02:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay, I just got done looking through the thread for twenty minutes, and I don't a single post stating that we are going to run the war off "home field rules".
I thought the voting system worked out the best. It's best to appeal to the masses, and that's exactly what we were doing. If you want to bring your RSFGs to test them out at the war, then I think that's alright. But I don't think they should be automatically legal just because we voted to have the war at the same place W@M is hosted.

If it's assumed that we're having home field rules, does that mean you are going to allow shields? Because I'm sure as hell there will be an overwhelming majority vote against that.
Once again, I think we should just bring them to the war, then give them some test shots. Then we will vote again. People who are still against them will stand on one side, and the people for them will stand on the other. I'd say that's much more fair than a single person deciding what goes.

#219699 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 24 March 2009 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I have never seen anyone use one, or even heard of one, so I'd say bring it and test it out. I'm sure most people would say the same.

#215683 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 01 March 2009 - 12:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I think he was talking about a backup location if something were to happen. I think looking into schools near Marymoor park would be a great idea. Having the war on a Monday drastically reduces chances of a soccer game or some other event going on at a school.

#209294 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 03 February 2009 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a no, too.
Nothing really to be said about it, as you already addressed my issues with them.

#208265 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 31 January 2009 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

The area at Marymoor was pretty empty, and we never had any problems with using it, aside from that concert landing on the same day. It was sort of divided into sections (area closest to the parking lot, middle area with the big building, furthest out area with the little shelter), these areas could be adjusted depending on how many people make it (ex: Middle area only, or middle and parking lot areas only).

I have never seen Seaward park, so I don't know how the location will be. If anyone lives near there, going out and taking some pictures would be great.

The only real concern I have is if we get kicked out of one area, what would we do then? Do either Marymoor or Seaward have a backup location nearby?

#208985 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 02 February 2009 - 06:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Marymoor is pretty open, but I think it can add to the game. It forces people to move a lot, and keeps the pace fast. At the first W@M, we did some rounds with 3 or 4 teams of 3 and it moved really fast and played really well.
I'd take too little cover over too much cover.

#209151 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 03 February 2009 - 12:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Generally, with nerf guns, a high ROF has trade offs, as does high ranges. Most guns with high ranges don't have an extremely good ROF. Guns with a good ROF, don't usually hit the century mark. The doomsayer is one of the only exceptions to these general facts about modified blasters. Something that can send 12 pieces of foam 100 feet away in 12 seconds is cheap in my book, no matter who's wielding it. It upsets the fairness of the game when most people have 2K's, BBB's, PAS's, BBBB's, SM 1.5K's, and X-Bows.

I agree 100%.

But you are right in that the gun doesn't make the nerfer.

Maybe so, but it's definitely getting closer.

#214843 Sof Seattle War

Posted by Retiate on 25 February 2009 - 12:16 AM in Nerf Wars

I have a whole bunch of guns I'd be looking to sell. I'd have to go check, but I know I have 3 SuperMaxx 1500's, a SuperMaxx 750, an old style Nitefinder or two, and a whole assortment of modded guns I no longer use.

And about the ball gun round, would a Titan modded to fire balls be allowed? I could probably hack up my Titan into something suitable for a ball gun round.