Team Slaya's Content

There have been 516 items by Team Slaya (Search limited from 04-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#76913 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 March 2006 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

I might sound like an idiot after this, but Uncle hammer, are you Lefty on NHQ? Because I bought one of those revolver modded max shots off of him. It looks exactly like that one you have.

=U=

*EDIT* And just for the thread, here's my 5 to 1 barreled Lightning Blitz. Get's around 80-90 on good darts. 15 pumps though.

http://putfile.com/p...221379.jpg&s=x2 *END EDIT*

#146751 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 March 2008 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

Badass repainting of a laser fang that I got in crappy, chipped black. Redid the black, did everything else with Warhammer paint because I thought it would work the best. Also integrated a 1500 in the empty space a la Forsaken Angel. The blue isn't actually that blue, the flash makes it seem really bright. It's more of a dark blue.

Posted Image

Teeth, etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

TS

#63577 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 September 2005 - 04:58 PM in Off Topic

Thanks bolt, I'm gunna get on it tonight. As for my main comp, I'm already at 30000 steps out of 1000000!

Fold on!

TS

#63570 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 September 2005 - 04:10 PM in Off Topic

Is is possible to have two different computers folding for my one account?

TS

*EDIT* By the by, I just downloaded it on my new comp. It seems to be going, but it's been at 0 out of 2500000 for a while. And I just brought up task manager, who says that I'm using 95-99% of my CPU for the FahCore_78.exe. Any help?

TS

#134991 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 January 2008 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

Analogkid, mind posting another picture or two of the recon fix, or a more detailed explanation? Not having a recon, I only kinda understand the dead space issue, but I have no clue what those pictures are supposed to represent. I'm not angry, just interested if this makes the gun a buy for me or not. Moddability = buyability in my book.

TS

#135090 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Team Slaya on 05 January 2008 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Ah, I gotcha now. Thanks a bunch for the explanation.

TS

#65187 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 October 2005 - 04:09 PM in Homemades

Again, props on the homemade. That even looks posible for homemade newbies like me to attempt.

Hey! Groove has a heavenly amount of posts! :)

TS

#110767 Stock Ls Breech Petg Barrel Addition

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 June 2007 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

Oh, jubilations! I actually did this, but not to the extent that you did, a month or so ago. But I didn't figure out where my seal problem was. You ABSOLUTELY answered that question. Well done, well done.

If Forsaken can add this to the mod list that'd be great.

TS

#59347 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 July 2005 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

That's... great. Wow.

Would have been better to hold one in your hands, eh? Surgery sucks, huh? :mellow:

TS

#63356 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Air Pressure Nerf

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 September 2005 - 08:31 PM in Homemades

That thing, while not being very hot, is very hot. I especially like the trigger... but I don't know why :ph34r: . Awsome power, with a sweet clip. I need to see bolt's analysis on this, I think he'd be happy to know that someone is up to par with his FAR. Did you get any inspiration from the FAR that went into the development of this gun?

TS

#58958 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 July 2005 - 04:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

About the online store, there was one I came upon after searching. This was in a post as well. It's called Loghelp, and CX was talking about it. Just a thought.

TS

#61283 My Newest Homemade

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 August 2005 - 05:20 PM in Homemades

Yeah, something a LOT more durable would be needed to get multiple shots off at decent distances.

I was actually thinking of doing something like this on an At2k. My Dad and I were talking about how we could use smaller canisters, which were prepumped, to pressurize (sp?) the tank. It'd have to be just right though. I'd probably unplug the release or something like that. It would be cool to use several of them, and if one runs out of pressure mid-battle you could just exchange tanks then. Ahhh... the possibilities.

TS

#61285 My Newest Homemade

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 August 2005 - 06:12 PM in Homemades

Duce, I was actually just thinking of little C02 canisters, like the ones used in Airsoft grenade launchers. I was trying to find something like that, except ones that I could pump. And I would probably only bring one extra in a battle, the rest would just be in a bag. I always like to hear your input though.

And damn, I'm waiting for that project you're working on. I'm prepared - pants padded and everything. :w00t:

TS

#86510 Mustang Six Modification.

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 August 2006 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Any way that you see that this could be modded to be shell-less? I assume that one could completely take the shells out of the mechanism and try to fit brass or some barrel material in the turret. Would that work?

TS

#86525 Mustang Six Modification.

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 August 2006 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. So I'm guessing the reload time isn't bad at all, right?

TS

#74771 Scope Mod!

Posted by Team Slaya on 01 March 2006 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

To get back on topic, maybe you could put a barrel holder onto the rail instead of the optics. Or maybe some dart holders. That would be worth the effort.

TS

#63884 Your Armory

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 September 2005 - 09:56 PM in General Nerf

That doesn't beat my one and only Titan AS-V1 tongue.gif

If it means something to you, I also have a SuperMaxx 3000, but it's pretty badly screwed up. I'm hoping to hunt down some of the Lanard guns, but so far I've only seen First Shot's, and I'd rather have more NF's than First Shot's.

Why? First shots, in my opinion, have a better potential for modding and look cooler. Plus, the cocking lever is really cool.

TS

*EDIT* [/offtopic]

My arse is decently sized.

Titan
Hornet
Scout (crayola)
NF (old, PETG'd)
SF (brassed)
SharpshooterII (Brassed)
DT3 Battle Pistol (CPVC'd)
DT3 Arrow Shooter (Breach CPVC'd)
BBB
2x Xbow (one broken, other in pieces, but working.)
Maxshot (Breech modded)
2x At2k (one dead, other quad PETG'd w/ stock)
2x PC (One dead, other in pieces w/ 3 clips.)
Lightin' Blitz (in pieces)
Eagle Eye
TTG+Target
2x RF20's (w/out turrets, selling them)
Tornado
2x At2k
2x At3k
SSPB

Thats about it. I'm supposed to be asleep now, so tomorrow I'll probably edit a couple more on there.

*END EDIT*

#81235 Air Xxl Bazooka

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 May 2006 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

Macgyver on NHQ has two of these, and with stock darts through about two feet of PVC it gets around 100' flat. With a shorter barrel and mega stefans this gun would own all.

As to how it works, it's just a very large plunger. You pull it back by taking the handle on the top and racking it back about 16 times. Basically the whole body is the plunger/plunger tube, i'm guessing.

TS

#75453 Dtg Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 March 2006 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

Subjective analysis in my room tells me that with good darts I should be able to reach 65'. Worse darts, around 55'. The stock micros are doing about the same as with the old barrels.

Whoa, lots of responses here. Remember kiddos, read the fine print - I haven't had the change to range test it yet. I need decent darts, for one, and I need to order more weights for that very purpose. But I will use the well weighted ones for the range test. More info tomorrow.

TS

#75344 Dtg Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 05 March 2006 - 11:52 PM in Modifications

It all depends on your darts... and cash flow. If you use megas or stock darts, this mod really isn't for you. If you use the unshrunken stefans, unlike me, you should use telescoping brass, or something that has a tighter fit on those darts. If your darts fit well in CPVC like mine, go for it.

TS

#75301 Dtg Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 05 March 2006 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

I don't think anyone has posted a barrel mod with results, so I'm gonna.

Opening the gun up was a bit of a bitch, but you can see how flambo did it here. I then looked at the turret and thought that I had to keep the little screw ports intact. This is not so, and you can benefit from my past experiences now :D . To get a proper seating area for my barrels, I had to snap off the stubs and file them down, which took at least an hour and a half. Yeah, don't do that. Instead, just saw where the screw ports meet the lip of the turret. You'll get it if you see it. I chose 3" CPVC barrels, for these are tight enough for pressure to build up behind the dart before it is shot out. I can't cut straight, or the same length, which is shown, but my guns work. If I cared that much, I'd use a miter box or some sort of guiding system, and measure for longer than I did. But oh well.
Posted Image

I added liberal amounts of hot glue to support them, and then duct tape around the outside. Only one layer of tape, just to make sure that the turret wouldn't be too wide to fit back into the case.
Posted Image

I also found out a way to band this son of a bitch, which others have probably done. I'll show you where I put them ( thanks to flamebo's pic).
Posted Image

I took an abnormally long band...
Posted Image

...and doubled it up like this -
Posted Image

Then, if my finger is the plunger, wrapped it around like this, with the other end on that screw port in the third picture.
Posted Image

Snapped it back in the case, Tah-Da!
Posted Image

Subjective analysis in my room tells me that with good darts I should be able to reach 65'. Worse darts, around 55'. The stock micros are doing about the same as with the old barrels.

Whaddya think? Other than the fact that the barrels are fugly?

TS

#97221 Eagle Eye

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 December 2006 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

Good job on this, man. I had one before, but unless you cut it down tremendously it can't work as a sidearm. And even then it's large.

But more power to you if you can and do use it. And good job, looks pretty clean.

TS

#166071 Apoc #7 Reaction Thread

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 August 2008 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Being the biggest war I've ever been to, Apoc was a blast for me. Sure, we dicked around a bit, but we still kicked a lot of ass. 50+ rounds were Effeminate, we fought through the rain, the new/young kids kicked ass, I'm sore tonight, probably tomorrow too. Mission accomplished.

And yeah, thanks badger for unloading your arsenal. That was great stuff.

TS

*Edit* Yeah, no problem bio. Though you did rub like half the paint off of the handle. :) No harm done.

#59564 Petg At2k Quad Barrel Write Up

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 July 2005 - 09:00 AM in Modifications

Well, I did something similar to this a while ago. I basically did that, except that I hand filed out (I had no dremel) the turret holes until the barrels fit in. It was a bitch and a half, but I finished it. They aren't going anywhere. But now when I go above 5-6 pumps there is this huge screeching noise. I then stopped pumping it that much. Is this the sign of a broken tank? It shouldn't be, because it still fires. I'm confuzed.

TS

#59300 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 July 2005 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

If you go with Sandstorm I have an mp3 of it, for some reason or another, on my computer. I could email it to you if you want it.

TS

#85604 Sharpshooting Ladder Attachment

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 July 2006 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

First of all, those pics are really nice. /jealous @ Carrtoon's nice camera.

Nice idea! This seems to be something that would actually help one's aim, unlike the scopes that lots of people talk about, e.g. red dot scopes and magnifying scopes, which are pretty useless. This is simple, effective, and explained well.

I love your stuff, keep it up.

TS

#94967 Next-gen Systems

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 November 2006 - 08:26 PM in Off Topic

IF I were to go and shell out cash for either of the current gen consoles, I'd first have to look at their libraries. Neither of the new consoles have a great library, I have nothing to really compare with.

When I was considering getting my PS2, I didn't go for the general, biased look on graphics and the ignorant ideas of being a sony/microsoft/nintendo whore. I went and looked at their libraries. I already have a Gamecube - it has served me well. I've had a TON of really, really fun games on it. Isn't that the point of it all? I couldn't give two shits if Xbox has better graphics with a semi-bland shooter, but has no other library to speak of. PS2 came to my tastes because of DDR and many good RPG's being brought onto that system. I like RPG's, they're fun, as is DDR and, as I discovered, Guitar Hero. Both of the consoles I got I am very happy with, and all my friends who got Xboxes when they came out are still playing Halo 2. Which I find sad, it was a good game, but not enough to entertain me for THAT long.

Don't get me wrong, shiny graphics are really hot, I like them a bunch. But if I was to shell out $599 + tax to some guy for pretty lookables I'd have my head thoroughly examined. I've seen a bunch of interesting titles come out for X360 already. I've also seen some VERY nice looking projects for Wii and PS3, such as Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed. As I said before, I'll wait it out and act accordingly. I was lucky with the GameCube - I didn't research anything about it, and some really good games came out for it.

All in all, I hoped this discussion wouldn't turn into a "my graphics r bettr than urs" fight, but actual discussions. I was mistaken, although the last two pages have had some seriously deep comments. Thanks a lot for that, elf, and others who kept their cool and gave some pretty intelligent feedback. Mad props.

And DTReaper had a good point, get back on topic! :D If you're gonna bash each other about charities, make a new thread.

And I gotta say it. Nerf really beats the hell out of shooters, both PC and Console. KthxI'llshutupnow.

TS

#103600 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 May 2007 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure it's a blast bazooka. But it worked, and thats what matters. :D

Anyhoo, great job. I'm currently holding the innards of one myself, and I'm wondering if you took the time to plug the pump. It seems that 20+ pumps is overdoing it because this gun, like all air guns, have an air release valve. I felt the appropriate pressure at 8 pumps when using this gun stock, and got decent results, about what I expected (~30' flat, ~50' angled with the stock missles). I think you're doing too much work is all. :w00t:

TS

#77666 Airtech 2000 Single Barrel

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 March 2006 - 11:09 AM in Modifications

Lilsniper, here's a solution. Do the crayola part of this mod, and then measure how far the 1/2" PVC goes into the coupler, and glue that much PVC on the end of the crayola. Then, stick the coupler on that piece of PVC, and It should come out straight. Just put hot glue EVERYWHERE. It's what I did, and it hasn't failed me yet.

TS

#60158 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Team Slaya on 25 July 2005 - 10:16 AM in General Nerf

if you can pull out the orange obstructor, and put pvc barrels on it, then that could solve the problem. still cant open the gun all the way.

The orange obstructor that you talk about is part of the case, it seemed. It was attached. I'd say that you'd have to cut the case away to completely turret mod it. Plus, there are extensive air restrictors, which include some new obscure method of letting air in that reminds me of air tanks with firing pins. Check everywhere for screws, when opening it, as well, as there was one under the slider in the mav. Also, sometimes you can just pull apart the gun when you don't think that it's all unscrewed.

TS

#94685 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 November 2006 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

294. I <3 Maxshots.

TS

#85311 Magstrike Internals

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 July 2006 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Bahaha, this thing kicks ass. Not just because of it's awesomeness, however.

A while ago, I sold my PC and 3 clips to lilsniper of NHQ for 85 freaking bucks! Now, for $35 you can get a better performing PC with 2 removable clips already there. Wow, I feel good about that deal. :lol:

Thanks for the internal pics, they ease the edge off of the wait for these things.

TS

#71195 Firefly Smrf2k

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 January 2006 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

But this, of course, is the border between nerf and paintball. Some people might think that that's the same kind of idea as modding a super soaker. I, for one, agree with them. I think that nerf should be left as nerf, and no super soakers or paintball should enter into it. But that's just how I nerf, I see no problem in people screwing around with these non nerf guns. I just wouldn't allow them in a war, and getting our guns to yield better results to use in wars is the whole point, right?

TS

#67651 Firefly Smrf2k

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 November 2005 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

On the third pic, what is that hot glue-looking stuff on the vinyl? Is that extra hot glue on the inside of it? That could be killing connections. Also, clean out the passageways so that the air flow isn't impeded. And make sure that you don't twist the vinyl too much, as that will also impede the flow of air. Other than that, you've got the right ideas on the banding of the bladder and the barreling. Nice job.

TS

#64514 Firefly Smrf2k

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 September 2005 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

Nice, man. I really hope it works out. But how do you get a decent seal with the turrets? Do you make the connection shove foreward when the pressure is let loose?

TS

*EDIT* Ah, I see. *END EDIT*

#152842 New Music...

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 April 2008 - 09:20 PM in Off Topic

As far as classical stuff goes, I can't stand modern classical like Bartok.

As far as death metal goes, I can't stand older bands like the Beatles. :blink:

TS: 0 , Thom:1

TS

#151186 New Music...

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 April 2008 - 07:32 PM in Off Topic

If you're looking for lighter rock you might want to try Keane. They have a really unique writing style and sound, all around good. Other lighter favorites are The Flaming Lips, The Verve, E.S. Posthumus.

Radiohead is a strange band. They can span from awesome riffs to some of the most depressing music I've ever listened to. ALWAYS worth a shot, Thom Yorke is a monster. Another great British band is Muse, they're just amazing.

Heavier music can get fun with stuff like Arch Enemy, Devin Townsend, Lamb of God, etc. No real specific genre I like, but Devin Townsend is really slow and melodic, while AE and LoG are more riff oriented and heavy. All quality metal though.

I've gotta pay homage to Maynard and say that I adore A Perfect Circle. Tool's good too, but I personally like APC's' style better. Start with the album Mer de Noms if you're gonna check them out, it's really great.

Now for disagreements. Dragonforce is really only fun to laugh at, they're mindless shredding. As far as classical stuff goes, I can't stand modern classical like Bartok. I'm a renaissance kinda guy, I sing a lot of baroque as well, so my tastes are really for the more melodic side of "classical".

A lot of new bands these days are mindless metal bands or just par rock bands. Fewer things stand out as really good, but it's really all up to you. The best tool for finding music for me has been www.pandora.com, it's found me a ton of interesting new bands. Have fun.

TS

#69279 The Secretbag2

Posted by Team Slaya on 15 December 2005 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

No, you'd just stick them in the back. That's half the point of the barrel constriction at the base of the barrel.

tS

#95748 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 December 2006 - 01:29 PM in Nerf Wars

You know I'm there, man. And I'll start asking people - I'll get about 3 to come. We talked on AIM, it's chill. Hopefully Hersh will come around and give this a looksie before this dies.

TS

#101910 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 April 2007 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, that video held so many good memories. Too bad we didn't bring enough tape to film the whole thing, but there's still enough to vividly remember all the good shit. The slow mo of the head shot had me on the floor, that was hilarious. ^_^

TS

*EDIT* Hersh, I have your blue maxshot and two of your double barrels. I think Dan was the culprit for most of that, the other barrel was in my pocket. Want em' shipped, or do you just wanna wait till fall or whenever you're up again?