SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#104280 Rapid Fire Rifle Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 May 2007 - 07:06 PM in Modifications

You could try using plastic cement to bond the pieces back to their original spots. It forms a very strong bond (in plastics), and does not leave globs of leftover adhesive that could interfere with operation. You can pick it up at hobby shops, and sometimes a local hardware retailer.

#103825 Stefan Help For Newbs Like Me

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 May 2007 - 07:59 PM in Modifications

That thread was stickied so everyone could easily find it. This is nothing new.

#97266 Nightfinder Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 December 2006 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

Is this just by coincendance(SP) or is that the new nightfinders have a stronger spring?

The first-generation NiteFinders are the ones that have the stronger spring. If you want to figure out the exact difference, take apart the new and one older NF and put them side-by-side. This way, you can compare the two and figure out why this range difference occurs, and possibly come up with a new mod for your gun at the same time.

#121826 Longshot

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 31 August 2007 - 11:53 PM in General Nerf

Spring guns like high-friction barrels, for the most part. Nested barrels work best in air guns, and to an extent in spring guns such as the Crossbow and Max Shot. The idea is that you want to be able to have the pressure from the air being compressed between the moving plunger head and the dart to be behind the dart for as long as possible without reducing efficiency. Otherwise, you have a shorter range with a lot of wasted air pressure. With a high-friction (a.k.a. "tight") barrel, this pressure has a longer time to build up before the dart will begin to move, and that's a good thing.

You could nest the barrels for anything, but I doubt it would help in this kind of case. If it does, post the increase in performance.

#110151 Magstrike Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 08 June 2007 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

I haven't had one pop for any of the thousand(s) of rounds I've put through it. I have also been pumping 60 with a plugged OPV valve, although I should probably stop doing that.

#119986 Water Guns

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 16 August 2007 - 12:43 PM in General Nerf

Please don't post about water guns on a Nerf forum. Think first, then go to the Off Topic section.

#130453 Laser Cutter

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 November 2007 - 02:26 PM in Off Topic

I've had my eye on that cutter for a while now. Then again, if there is a surge in Nerf-related stuff as far as entries go, I'm not sure how original one particular mod or homemade might be. Plus, the participant would have to have their parent (for those under 18) register as a collaborator or as the creator.

#109151 Crayola Barrels!?!?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 June 2007 - 12:36 PM in General Nerf

You'll also need to sand down the inside of the marker if there is a rough cut, and widen the marker by hammering a Mag-Light or a brass tube so it fits the darts better.

#126647 Clipshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 19 October 2007 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

It looks quite powerful to me.

No. It's a sideways Tommy 20 with two sets of motors and a stick clip instead of a drum. The only major difference is that it can waste two darts at a time.

#123584 Ok For My First Mod I Just Have Some Questions.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 19 September 2007 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

Welcome. Please clean up your post a little bit (spelling, grammar, etc.) and you will fit in fine. You should also search before posting, because most of these have been answered before. But:

1) Yes, but Krylon Fusion and Vinyl Dyes are much better.

2) Yes.

3) Like you would to mod the gun. Take out the internals first, though.

4) Yes.

5) Epoxy, but that's not really a question for a Nerf forum.

#93209 Soleniod Valves

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 28 October 2006 - 08:25 PM in Homemades

A simple solenoid is probably best, and I imagine Radioshack sells them cheap. I have actually seen solenoids only slightly bigger than 1cm, but you might want something a little larger and easier to access. I think there's a special valve (can't remember the name right now) that you can buy seperately to hook up to one, but I'm not sure how or what size it is. If I can get the specifics, then I'll PM or post it.

#105702 I've Noticed Pvc Sticking Out Of Some Longshots..

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 May 2007 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

yeah I said longshot in the topic heading. are there any threads out there that walk you through replacing the stock barrel?

You could look at the top of this category. Piney's giant list of wonder is pretty much everything you need for modding a Longshot.

#128570 Nitefinder Help Please

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 November 2007 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Try better darts. If your darts are too light, the weight isn't centered, or something else, then this will be a common problem. Perhaps the assembly is crooked, but that shouldn't produce the fishtailing you described. Your darts could also be too loose in the barrel.

#129521 Broken Hornet

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 12 November 2007 - 11:28 AM in General Nerf

Slug hit it on the head. If the air is leaking slowly (pressure will build up at first, then leak out), then give the side of the gun a few hard taps. This should jostle the valves enough to close. Once you fix that, the valves should be fine until you store the gun for a while. Try spraying some lubricant in there if you open the gun again.

#154608 Spinning Bolt

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 May 2008 - 03:42 PM in Homemades

I wish I could help you with the torque question, but I do have some advice. Is the gun semi- or fully automatic? If full, then use the motor. If semi, then you may want to look into using a sliding breech and a solenoid actuator instead, as it will be far more reliable. Trying to get the gun to fire single shots with a motor will need precise timing.

Perhaps you could use the motor to flip the switch for the actuator. This would allow you to fire in fully automatic mode as well. Attach a wheel to the motor shaft with notches cut into it so that the rotation of the wheel will push the button, let it reset, and then push it down again.

#95137 Picco Z Rc

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2006 - 11:13 AM in Off Topic

My dad had an RC helicopter like that. He kept crashing it, though, but it was funny watching him mow the lawn with the rotor blades when he flipped the thing upside down on accident.

#100713 Ls Front Gun Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 10:07 AM in Modifications

Never strech a catch spring, because it will become weaker over time. Add more springs of the same size, such as those from a mechanical pencil or from a hobby shop to increase the catch strength.

#130460 A Good Coupler

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 November 2007 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

Sand out the inside of the coupler SLIGHTLY with either a rolled-up piece of sandpaper or a Dremel. You do not want to remove a lot of material, or the barrel might fly off when you shoot the gun.

From the description you gave, it sounds like the barrels were 1/2" CPVC nested in 1/2" PVC or something of the sort. I have no idea why you would need to nest barrels like that unless the coupler he used was 1/2" PVC. Usually you only nest if the actual barrel (the one nested in the second material) has no coupler, and must be attached to the gun using the coupler of the larger material.

For an easier to reload coupler mod, try a speedloader. Basically, take two barrels and tape them together, pointed in opposite directions and with about 1"+ of the loading end (the one to be shoved in the coupler) hanging over the edge of the other barrel. Search for speedloader and you should find something.

#101167 Homemade Titan Missile Ideas Needed

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 March 2007 - 04:11 PM in Homemades

Try this.

#103855 Nitefinder Plungerhead

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 May 2007 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

It depends on how much has broken off. You could try to make a disc of hot glue (not more than 1/2 cm thick) on top of the plunger head for reinforcement and as a cushion, but remember to leave a hole for the screw.

#124497 Wii Friend Codes!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 September 2007 - 10:50 PM in Off Topic

I suggest having a mod delete this topic. Then, if you can, change your code. Nothing against you, it's just a precaution. I would, however, put a message in your signature with something along the lines of "If you have a Wii Friend Code, PM me so we can exchange them." That way, only board members that you approve of can get ahold of it. Either that, or deny every friend request from someone claiming to be a member unless they have sent you a PM here with the exact date and time/hour in it to be sure. It's just that there have been some screwed-up things going on with web-stalking lately...

#123857 Dremel Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 September 2007 - 07:10 PM in General Nerf

Use the lowest speed with a reinforced cut-off wheel. If you're impatient and want to go faster, take a scrap piece of PETG to test on and jack up the speed until it cracks, then use one setting lower as your standard.

#125163 Best Barrel Lengths?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 October 2007 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

Max Shot: See my mod. It will go into detail on a nested brass barrel that gets top-notch results.

BBB: I think 1' of 17/32" brass works best.

LS: Find Angel's mod for the best. However, there are many variants of it. It really depends on whether or not you are using a modded breach/bolt system or not.

#123358 Magstrike Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 September 2007 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

No. The material that the bladder is manufactured from is not completely airtight, so there are bound to be leaks. Especially in pressurized bladders with intact OPRVs, the air will find a way out of the membrane. This doesn't mean a damage-related leak, but it can be a leak from something such as the valve or the porous material of the bladder itself. I suggest plugging the OPRV to reduce this, but you shouldn't leave any air gun, ones with bladders in particular, pressurized for more than 10 minutes or so. Just like you never store a spring gun (that has had an additional or upgraded spring installed) while it is cocked.

#130522 Music Wire

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2007 - 01:30 AM in Homemades

Try heating it up until it's red-hot (use a blowtorch, campfire, special heating lamp, etc.) and then bending it into the desired shape with pliers. Let it cool down and test how sturdy it is. (It is best to cut a length of the wire for this, a few more inches than you think you might need in case the bends take up more material).

If you don't want to do that, try just using pliers. Get the bend right the first time, though. Multiple changes to one bend can weaken that joint and it will snap eventually.

#126247 Ar Removal On Crossfire

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 October 2007 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

...And people wonder why the Front Page at NH is all posts from admins about dumb fucking members...

#119172 Quick And Simple Ls Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 11 August 2007 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

What do you mean? If you are talking about taking out the long barrel for the main gun that is mounted above the sidearm, then you simply remove it from the sidearm and swap it with the barrel in the stock main gun. This entails placing the thin end through the muzzle (the orange front ring on main gun, you'll have to dremel it out a little bit first) and connecting it to the chamber (the part that the dart tooth rises into).

#123031 New N-strike Disc Shot.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 September 2007 - 09:44 AM in General Nerf

Search before posting. There have already been two threads about this.

#114023 Raw Force

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 July 2007 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

From what I found, it is out of production and rare, and your best bet at obtaining one would be from other users or garage sales of stupid people who don't appreciate the value of such guns.

#104927 Sm 1500 Repair

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 10 May 2007 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

Plumber's Goop, epoxy, plastic cement, hot glue (probably not the best choice here), superglue (be careful, not all brands stick well to plastic), and Fishin' Glue are all fine adhesives, and it pays to have some of each or at least three different ones on hand for mods and repairs like this.

#98292 Eagle Eye

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 January 2007 - 10:30 PM in General Nerf

This should be in the Trading section. However, the price could be between $15-$20.

#118269 Lbb Trigger Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 August 2007 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

If you want to make a new one, go to Home Depot, pick up a small $2 sheet of Lexan, and Dremel it into a new trigger. You can even superglue aluminum sheeting (also cheap and very useful) to the sides for extra support. This ought to be more durable and comfortable than the original cheap-ass plastic trigger.

#96254 Hornet Trouble

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 10 December 2006 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Despite the fact that air chambers like the blastfire are quite fragile, I found that these can take quite a beating from the barrel end, as that white disk seems to protect the valve itself... You actually want to VERY CAREFULLY drill these out.

According to what ompa advises, I don't think that there's any easy or practical way to repair the gun. I believe that the black plastic was part of the actual valve itself, and that ompa only drilled through the white disk to increase airflow. I could be wrong, but this is what I gather from ompa's mod page and some logical assumptions.

#122914 Longshot Mod With Everything I Could Think Of.

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 September 2007 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

"Rubber bands for a better seal."

How?

"Reinforced bolt sled"

How would it help?

The rubber bands most likely go around the plunger head. However, I would recommend the switch to O-rings and E-tape, as it is more effective and easier to get correct.

The bolt sled bit should be obvious, but it is the part that must bear the pressure of the compression springs on the plunger while you are priming the weapon. The bolt sled is the long blue piece that the bolt handle is threaded through, so there is stress building up at the points at which it connects to the bolt and at the bolt handle ports. Reinforcing increases the bolt sled's ability to cope with this stress.

a_o_k: Quite the bit of work you have there. Very unique mod to the stock, I might add.

#121830 Rapid Fire Rifle

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 September 2007 - 12:11 AM in General Nerf

Oh, you mean by doing something like this? Search on other sites yourself, because it takes all of three seconds.

#121828 Rapid Fire Rifle

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 September 2007 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

Think. If you searched and didn't find anything, and there was nothing in the modifications directory (because you did check there, right?), then why would you need to ask this question?

#99422 10% Off At Hasbrotoyshop

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 06 February 2007 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

I would have posted something like this, but I was unsure if the code was different for each box. I only kept one of the pamphlets that came with the guns I have. I guess part of the thanks goes to navy seal for this topic, and the other part to Hasbro for being too lazy to change codes.

#114977 In Site Questions

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 July 2007 - 10:15 PM in Off Topic

This will answer all of your questions.

Being a recently validated member doesn't excuse missing the advice we give in what is now every other thread. SEARCH.

#120268 Sspb

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 August 2007 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

You've probably plugged the valves that let air into the pump chamber. These are one-way valves that let air in, but not out so you don't want to block them. Try taking off all the glue (scrape it off, use tweezers, whatever works). If there are multiple holes, plug the one in the center. Can you get pictures up to see if there are any cuts, because if you cut the plastic to get to the pump, that's not good either. The membrane that is the air tank could also have burst if you put in too much pressure.

#100741 New Website

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 March 2007 - 09:53 PM in Off Topic

Why do we keep having these new forums pop up? We already have NH and NHQ. It sounds like these noobs just want a chance to play admin. (no offence Rings)

I was in the process of making my own nerf website. It's not to give me a chance to play admin, but to provide a website tailored to what I believe a forum should be. Don't get me wrong, NH is great, but there are noobs and people who can't type for shit that keep getting on my nerves, and I don't intend to allow it at the new site.