WEASEL's Content

There have been 136 items by WEASEL (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#74948 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by WEASEL on 02 March 2006 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Knew sombody would ask me that. So it got really annoying when I was running and the pump handle kept sliding out, so, I attached the rubberband and put a little square of felt inbetween the bottom of the pump handle and the rubberband so it would have some friction, and it has never slid out again.

EDIT:

Ok I thought this wasn't post worthy and i didn't want to start a new topic, plus I have no idea where to put this so I will put it here. I recently made a sort of makeshift holster after my attempts at black wrath's very nice holster failed.
Posted Image
Just to clarify, it does not hold as well as a regular holster. I use it for my NF and AT2K. I just loop the plunger handle or the trigger guard over the hook and it stays there pretty well.

#74894 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by WEASEL on 01 March 2006 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Here are my guns.

Posted Image
Group pic

Posted Image
My night finder

Posted Image
Blastfire

Posted Image
And finnaly the at2k that i found at a local good will. No its not a paintjob, thats the original color.

EDIT: wow those pics are big, oh well, too lazy to resize them now, maybe next time.

#76228 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i don't think it has. How do I shut down the FAH console? I do not know what the process is called in the ctrl+alt+del menu. I want to do this because I want a less cluttered desktop and it put a buch of icons on it and I cannot move them to a folder while the program is running. Any help would be appreciated.

#76232 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:20 AM in Off Topic

Ahh thanks. Yeah i'm pretty stupid. But it still took a while to do. No window was open so i was a little confused. Thanks again.

#65340 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by WEASEL on 08 October 2005 - 05:27 PM in Homemades

It's an o-ring. He uses black some other palces besides e-tape.

#65716 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by WEASEL on 13 October 2005 - 06:43 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

How did you glue the little tabs for the screws to go in to hold the bottom part on to the top part of the gun? In my experiance, that little of surface will not hold.

PS: On your FAR rifle, how did you glue the paw that grabs the shell on the extractor to the exractor itself? I've tried about every type of glue but it just won't hold. Did you roughin up the surfaces first? If so, how.

#27422 Code Of Conduct

Posted by WEASEL on 01 June 2004 - 11:45 AM in Site Feedback

I'm new and am looking at this post, I see "spazkake". How did he get a custom avatar like that when he has very few posts?

I'm not trying to support him or anything but how did he get a cosom avitar.

#52587 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by WEASEL on 15 April 2005 - 05:38 PM in Homemades

Bolt, how do you keep the carbon rod and spring from springing out of the ejector hole when the shell flips out?

#94590 Holiday Raffle

Posted by WEASEL on 15 November 2006 - 10:58 PM in General Nerf

Haha.

#48388 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by WEASEL on 01 March 2005 - 08:28 PM in General Nerf

14, like everyone in our "clan". Exept we haven't nerfed in about half a year or so. We need to find somewhere we can nerf.

#48627 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 03 March 2005 - 09:08 PM in Homemades

So, the element returns....

Anyway, I haven't posted in this tread yet because I have mostly been thinking...a lot. Ya know taking it all in. Very good job, very crisp and clean.

#49003 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 08 March 2005 - 12:53 AM in Homemades

Aw crap, I was thinking of making something with co2. Oh well. Are you going to post plans soon or are you going to keep us waiting in awe?

#48723 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 04 March 2005 - 11:44 PM in Homemades

Dang it, just missed you. The magazine/clip is it 1 1/4" pvc halvs with balsa wood.

#48721 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 04 March 2005 - 11:39 PM in Homemades

I'm not sure if you said anything about the shells but how long are they? Do they just have peices of couplers on them?

EDIT: Oooo..oooo and what about the magazine/clip whatever, is it 1 1/4" half peices of pvc with balsa wood?

#55196 Political Discussion

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 05:22 PM in Off Topic

To quote somebody: "Guns don't kill people, ammunition does."

#55197 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 05:39 PM in Off Topic

The Xbox 360
Posted Image

Looks like only one controler port, going PS style? Sort of.

#73991 Sledgehammer

Posted by WEASEL on 23 February 2006 - 03:29 PM in Homemades

So your going to have the spring piston that supplies the air connected to the dart fireing thingey ma bob by using a hose? I have thought of using this idea many times to conserve space and make a more pistol like homemade, but never got around to it. I've always wondered if it would restrict air flow or have too much expansion area in the tube. I would love to see how these work if you ever give them a shot. Great work, and good job actually having a plan and not just some vauge waving hands in air description.

#40363 Powerclip Homemade Clip

Posted by WEASEL on 31 October 2004 - 02:31 PM in Homemades

Why doesn't someone try to make one out of balsa wood?

#46299 Tracer Dart

Posted by WEASEL on 19 January 2005 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

Sorry to bring back an old topic but how long does the glow in the dark glow last. I don't mean if you can see it like a foot away but a resonable amount of glow.

IDIT: I tryed to find a place that sells glow in the dark hot glue but I couldn't find any. Also the link for the site mentioned earlyer doesn't work. Does anyone know of a site that sell this stuff. Sorry, again, for bringing back a old thread.

#46244 Maveric Rev-6 Mod

Posted by WEASEL on 17 January 2005 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Niiiiiiiiccccce.....

EDIT: A powerclip that gets 80ft? wow....

#50585 Gear

Posted by WEASEL on 26 March 2005 - 03:03 AM in General Nerf

Walkie talkies would work well if people would just damn answer when you talk to them! There good for communication w/o confrontation. C.W.O.C.....Hee Hee :P

#50287 Modded Xbox

Posted by WEASEL on 22 March 2005 - 07:06 PM in Off Topic

Grinch, I want to know how.

#45876 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 11 January 2005 - 12:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok, here's the situation: There is this park that my friends and I nerf at, but one of my friend's mom's found this article in the news paper about some guys that were like arrested or fined because somebody called the cops on them because they were airsofting in the park. So we haven't played nerf in that park (or anywhere else) since. Should we nerf anyway and if somebody tells us we're not supposed play with 'guns' say we didn't know it was agenst the rules, or just not nerf? I don't know if your answers will affect anything but I would like to know what you guys do. Do any of the parks you nerf at have some kind of rules against nerfing?

#50390 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I sent da email, a get a email back saying

Thank you for your inquiry regarding use of the parks for your Nerf games.  I reviewed the Municipal Code which regulates use of park lands and could not find anything that would specifically prohibit your activity in the way you described.  Providing the foam projectile is soft and in no way could cause injury to a person or wild life, I do not see any reason you can not enjoy the park with your activity.

I would suggest however, that if the blasters in any way resemble a weapon or you and your friends are dressing in fatigues or similar clothing you call the Sheriff's Department Dispatch at 408-299-2505 in advance and let them know the park you will be at and what type of activity you will be doing.  In the event a passerby sees you playing, is concerned and calls 911, deputies will likely be sent to investigate.  By calling in advance it will help the responding deputies evaluate what is really going on.  Unfortunately, sometimes a mere game using life like weapons that is seen and phoned in to law enforcement can end up very tragic.

Thanks again for checking in with us.  If you have any questions, feel free call me at Blah Blah Blah

Regards,
Blah Blah Blah
Senior Code Enforcement Officer

So there you have it. I actually got a reply that wasn't a fill out form style letter back from the cupertino government. Now we can nerf! YAY. Just thought you guys would like to know.

PS-I modified the letter before I sent it.

#45917 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 11 January 2005 - 05:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I didn't post this earlyer (sp?).
Park rule:
No person in a park shall do any of the following:
~snip~
Use, carry, or possess firearms of any description, or air rifles, spring guns, bow and arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons potentially dangerous to wild life or to human safety.
~snip~

The "snip"s are where there was other rules but they were irrelevent. I guess that a nerf gun would be a 'air rifle' if it was a pump gun and a 'spring gun' if it was a spring powered nerf gun. Now if they are potentially dangerous to wild life or people is questionable.

#50395 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't be a homosexual; leave your camo pants at home.

Dang it. I guess I'll have to wear those when squirrel gets his paintball thing going. Hmm I guess that means no camo shirts either. Oh well.

EDIT: oh ya, what FIDO said, thanks for the motivation and everything.

#47506 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 18 February 2005 - 06:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for your responces (and revived responses). I hope that my friends and I (hope their listening) will get to have a war over our wachamacallit break this coming week. We'll just wing it and hope we don't get "caught". And I hope the park isn't full of little kiddies. Once there was a mom with two kids and we were playing and she was like "There bad, don't do that" to her kids. Hehe.

#45925 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 11 January 2005 - 06:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry these are accually city park regulations and we don't want to drive far away and we would have to go scouting first to find parks that would work. Besides, we love our park, its so huge, and foresty.

#45929 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 11 January 2005 - 06:30 PM in Nerf Wars

That sounds great FIDO. I live in west San Jose and my freinds live close so.....wait. How did you know were we were nerfing at? Probably did some search on the regulations or something. Any way, I could look them up for San Jose.

EDIT: Holy crap, wtf? You guys never told me that you guys signed up at the NH. Last I heard you guys only were at NHQ. OK, that makes everything clear.

#49148 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 09 March 2005 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

me and Weasel and I

Nice. Ya I pmed him and he is haveing a busy time at school so I have to wait a while for the letter. I miss nerfing. I have so many gun Ideas that i'm working on but I can't use them.

EDIT: whoa, didn't see his new post. So many posts since I last replied... Actually only five what whatever. I'll be looking at that now....

#36734 Impressive Paint Jobs?

Posted by WEASEL on 08 September 2004 - 09:45 PM in General Nerf

You should practice twirling it on your finger, then shooting it. People would drool at your awsomeness.

Twirling stuff on fingers is fun. Stupid goat with his covert modded nitefinder. I drool at your twirling awsomness.

#38029 Future Video Game Poll

Posted by WEASEL on 30 September 2004 - 12:13 PM in Off Topic

Halo rocks, mmmm...multiplayer online.

Prince of Persia was pretty good, but I got stuck where you have to battle your daddy. Any advice?

#38039 Future Video Game Poll

Posted by WEASEL on 30 September 2004 - 03:59 PM in Off Topic

Halo rocks, mmmm...multiplayer online.

Prince of Persia was pretty good, but I got stuck where you have to battle your daddy. Any advice?

Please do not hijack thy thread.

Gamecube scares me.
~Halfling

Sorry, thy will not hijack thou's thread.

#38624 My Modded Nite Finder

Posted by WEASEL on 08 October 2004 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

what can i do

You could take a piece of felt and wrap it between the end of the plunger and before the noch inside the spring. Just hot glue it in there.

#48978 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by WEASEL on 07 March 2005 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

So 1/2" pvc just doesn't fit inside there? Mmmm....time to pull out the one inch belt sander! How is the durability? Would you buy two or three just because it could break or because it is just so cool?

#46434 New Rifle In Its Infancy...

Posted by WEASEL on 23 January 2005 - 07:36 PM in Homemades

Mmmmm... Smooth. Is that your bolt or is it for something else?

#25884 Chemical Reactions

Posted by WEASEL on 11 May 2004 - 06:35 PM in Homemades

I must say that vineger and baking soda do not produce much preassure but whatever.

#22657 New Guy

Posted by WEASEL on 28 March 2004 - 02:23 PM in Homemades

I agree with Famine. People should say what they think as long as it's ok with the admins. As for nerf armys, nerf is a friendly game and people don't go at each other with their guns and teeth. Mostly nerfers play with who ever they can and for different teams for a veriety.

#47307 Why Nerf Is The Ulitimate Sport

Posted by WEASEL on 15 February 2005 - 06:40 PM in General Nerf

And homemades. I hope I didn't kill someone's house with that new burst disc gun, better switch to megas.

#55636 Range, Accuarcy, And Rate Of Fire

Posted by WEASEL on 25 May 2005 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Accuracy, then range. If you can doge the other guys hit and you can hit him, thats what it's all about. And accuracy is half of the technique. I just personally like picking people off from long ranges.