m14's Content

There have been 87 items by m14 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#238907 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 04:55 PM in Off Topic

I'm hosting a Brawl night tonight at about 10:00 pm est until 12:00 am est. I'm doing this because I couldn't make it last night. I hope to see some of you there!

#238941 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 08:38 PM in Off Topic

I don't mean to double-post, but just a reminder that my Brawl night starts in 20 minutes.

#238702 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 26 June 2009 - 06:24 AM in Off Topic

My Brawl friend code is 0903-2547-5246. I may be able to play tonight, but I'm not sure.

#238870 Wii Recreational Group

Posted by m14 on 27 June 2009 - 09:42 AM in Off Topic

Does anybody want to play some Brawl today at all? Send me a PM if you want to play.

#205329 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by m14 on 22 January 2009 - 06:51 AM in General Nerf

Once I finish my uber BBBB mod I will not really need to carry extra guns. I'll post my BBBB when I make it.

#218792 Wash. Dc Tune-up Wars

Posted by m14 on 19 March 2009 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I was going to host a war, but life caught up with me. I had some things I need to do around the time I was going to host my war. I'd be interested. I live in Leesburg Virginia, so I'm pretty close to DC.

#180513 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by m14 on 29 September 2008 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

I have a general question about the vulcan. How long can you fire the gun on automatic before the batteries run out?

I've run at least 20 belts on one set of D cells, and each cell still tests out almost as if it were new.

But those were fresh Duracells, bought the day my first Vulcan arrived. A great deal depends on the quality of the cells themselves, but I think you can count on 50+ belts from a good set, likely a lot more.

Note also that when devices based on a battery* of cells like this run down, most of the time only one or two of the cells are really depleted. Any $3 tester can tell you which is which. I wouldn't recommend those free LCD strip things, though - they use up a surprising amount of energy because they're essentially heating elements.

*note that one cell is just a cell - NOT really a battery. There are exceptions, like 9V and lantern batteries, but most of what we often call batteries are really just cells.

Thank you!
Also - as far as it being a "necro" I'm sure I've seen admins say three months, not three weeks. And I'd love for you to post a link to where you claim the answer could be searched out. I think I've read every Vulcan thread ever, and obviously I missed that one ...

#180430 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by m14 on 29 September 2008 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

I have a general question about the vulcan. How long can you fire the gun on automatic before the batteries run out?

#215178 The Sneak Shot

Posted by m14 on 26 February 2009 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

Don't you think that putting on a cpvc coupler would make reloading easier? How do you load it right now? Do you put the dart in at the end, and then ramrod it down? Overall, I like the gun. I just think how you have it right now, would make it a pain in the butt to reload.

#212214 The Marvelous Magstrike

Posted by m14 on 14 February 2009 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

Holy crap! I personally think you should go the extra mile, and integrate a BBBB into it. I know that would be a doomsday machine, but still. It functions like an angel. I may have to try this when I get a Magstrike. Props dude!

#205595 The Hammer

Posted by m14 on 23 January 2009 - 06:13 AM in Modifications

Very nice! I have a similar idea that you have. Except I'm going to do it to my BBBB.

#207551 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by m14 on 29 January 2009 - 09:04 AM in General Nerf

Maybe in 4-8 years you will be serving in a submarine that I helped build or design. I plan on joining the military in either right after high school or after college. I want to be an enginear, so I'm thinking Air Force. Any way I'm not sure what the Navy slogan is, but "Semper Fi, Carry On".

#223259 Super Glue

Posted by m14 on 12 April 2009 - 06:31 PM in Off Topic

Maybe you should buy some plastic glue from Games Workshop. That stuff is amazing. It dries super fast.

#207376 Super Cheap And Easy Streamline Dart Mod

Posted by m14 on 28 January 2009 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

I've heard of this "mod" before. I would try it, I just don't have access to metal BBs. It sounds like it works pretty good.

#208870 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by m14 on 02 February 2009 - 05:56 AM in Off Topic

First off, in my opinion the Super Bowl wasn't a game until late in the third quarter. Yes, all the penalties is what killed the Cardinals. Lastly, no play from the game could beat David Tyree's helmat catch in triple coverage.

#207915 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by m14 on 30 January 2009 - 05:31 PM in Off Topic

With Super Bowl Sunday just 2 days away. Say what you think about the Super Bowl this year. If you don't like football, please keep it to yourself(unless you're an admin). I personally want the Cardinals to win this year. Give the underdogs a chance.

#207997 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by m14 on 30 January 2009 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

I'm going to a friend's house. I'm taking my quesedia maker. They have a pool table. It's going to be lots of fun. Go Cards! Honestly I like the Panthers, Ravens, and Texans. Since neither of them are in the Super Bowl, I'm going for the Cardinals.

#208638 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by m14 on 01 February 2009 - 02:39 PM in Off Topic

who cares i'll be skiing while this chickenshitbullshit is going down

I hate to open up old wounds, but anyway. I said in my first post, that if you don't like football to keep it to yourself. But you didn't. You could've read the post, and then moved on. Seriously. I'm sorry for getting mad. I just wanted this thread to talk about the game, and any other game related stuff.

#208407 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by m14 on 31 January 2009 - 09:21 PM in Off Topic

I'm rooting for the commercials.

I too am rooting for the commercials. They are making a new version of the classic "Mean Joe Greane" Coke commercial. The new version has Troy Polamallu(sp?)!

#208007 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by m14 on 30 January 2009 - 09:13 PM in Off Topic

Serious fan here. The Steelers will win by 4 I'm saying.

It will be a tight game though.

What I would like to see is a game-winning hail mary pass in 2OT. Although I seriously doubt it will end that way. I'm going to have to say Cardinals win by 2.

#164238 Silent Longshot

Posted by m14 on 24 July 2008 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

I have an idea on how to maybe turn it into a real silent sharpshooter! I have not tried this yet, so don't blame me if you can't get it to work. If you remove the air-restrictor, add pvc, cpvc, or brass to the inside of the barrel, and fill most of the remaining space with like cotton balls or something. The air-restrictor for power, barrel for accuracy, and cotton balls for sound reduction, I think that would be a decent gun. Also remove the jam door, put and airsoft mound on top, and a recon red dot laser on the bottom would make it better! Buy an airsoft scope to put on the rail, and you have a really good gun! :D

reply on how this could be good, and how this good be bad. Also include suggestions for this mod you'll have about 2 months before i try this mod due to finances :(

#164256 Silent Longshot

Posted by m14 on 24 July 2008 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

Sorry, that was my very first post. I will try better next time.

#201159 Scorpion Bow Mod Help

Posted by m14 on 04 January 2009 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

I thought I was getting brass tubing. I didn't find out until a few minutes ago that it was copper. Plus I wasted $25 on it and the coupler.

#201219 Scorpion Bow Mod Help

Posted by m14 on 05 January 2009 - 06:42 AM in Modifications

The weights in my CDTS are just .12g bbs, and I only use one of them. The actual length of the barrel that the darts go in is only slightly longer than a stock Longshot barrel.

#201154 Scorpion Bow Mod Help

Posted by m14 on 04 January 2009 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

There's a gun called the Professional. I'm using the darts from that in my gun, and they get me 20ft. Those are the darts that work the best. I tried taggers, buzz bee suction cup darts, and screamers they work fine. I try CDTS and streamlines, but they don't even make it out of the barrel. My barrel system is only about 11 inches.

PS: I'll try to get some pictures of my barrel up as soon as possible.

#201124 Scorpion Bow Mod Help

Posted by m14 on 04 January 2009 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

Before anyone asks I have searched, and haven't found my answer. I can't get any pictures up either. I'm working on a mod for my Scorpion Bow, but even after putting a new barrel on, removing the air-restrictor, and adding a Recon spring it's only get around 20ft. My barrel is made out of two pieces of copper with a small coupler to prevent the dart from going into the plunger. Can anyone help me.

#200011 Scorpion Bow

Posted by m14 on 31 December 2008 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

I have this gun. I was forced to buy it since after looking at four stores, but not a single BBB. Never mind. I got the gun to work.

#164254 Rapid-fire

Posted by m14 on 24 July 2008 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

I need some help thinking of a mod to do to my buzz-bee rapid fire. could post with ideas please! :D

#209403 Paintball Gatling Gun

Posted by m14 on 04 February 2009 - 07:11 AM in Off Topic

The only way you'd be able to make a Nerf gatling gun, is by making it old school. One of the big cannon size guns. They relied on a hand crank to spin the barrels, with a drop magazine. If you got one to work, you'd have to make the darts really heavy. Plus. For a Nerf war a big gun isn't practical at all. It would be better as an obstacle, than a gun.

#200480 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 09:19 AM in Off Topic

Imaseoulman, you cannot deny how terrible fast food is for you. It isn't just weight, some people seem to have the illusion that fast food ONLY puts weight on you. The facts PROVE and the studies CLEARLY show that it can pickle your liver, cause Diabetes, cause blood clots, raise your cholesterol, and more. Also don't forget about the sugar, OH THE SUGAR. Why would you even bring up the caffeine. Caffeine is so commonly used one could even not consider it a drug, let alone a harmful drug.
The moral of this kiddies is that eating McDonalds often wont JUST make you put on a few pounds, but can seriously damage your health.

To add on to that: The high amounts of trans fat in their foods siffens(sp) your arteries(sp).

#200481 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 09:21 AM in Off Topic

This is a Failtopic. But just to make it less fail, I want to know if anyone knows if McDonalds at some point offered nerf guns as part of their happy meals.

Dude. This is in the section called OFF TOPIC. We don't have to talk about Nerf here.

#200475 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 09:11 AM in Off Topic

I actually work at McDonalds, I hate it, but just so you know, the food may be un-healthy, but we clean the place alot. So there will be no poop in your big macs. Just so you all know.

-Loni

That is very interesting. I think it's good that they clean alot. Just so you know, the poop gets into the meat at the meatpacking plants.

#200396 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

This topic is for talking crap about McDonalds, or talking about their coolness. Whichever you want to. By the way Spartan: where do you think I can find that movie?

#200386 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 01 January 2009 - 11:52 PM in Off Topic

Hello people that don't want to talk about nerf related stuff. This topic is about McDonalds. You can say anything you want about McDonalds, jut please don't get off topic.
Why don't they have the decency(sp) to list all of the ingredients in their foods? All I want to know is if there is poop in my Big Mac, or are my french fries cooked in Partially Hydrogenated Oil. Partially Hydrogenated Oils are trans fat. Can't they make the food a little healthier? all I'm really asking for is less than 10% of my daily fats come from one of your burgers. Who cares if the food doesn't taste the same in EVERY SINGLE MCDONALDS restaurant in the country! You can let the food taste good and be healthier at the same time right? I am currently in a boycott of McDonalds.

#200627 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 04:51 PM in Off Topic

I'm only ranting on McDonalds because they are the ones that started it all. If the McDonald brothers hadn't sold their company to Ray Kroc, things might be better.

Actually, White Castle was the first when they opened their first location in Wichita, Kansas in 1921.

"The White Castle restaurant in Wichita, Kansas is credited with being the first fast food restaurant, even though the term "fast food" was not used when the restaurant opened in 1921. Hamburgers themselves were not even commonly eaten as they were considered poor quality and even unsafe. Billy Ingram and J. Walter Anderson, the founders of White Castle, created a market demand for burgers and started many of the concepts and conventions still used in the fast food industry today.

Before White Castle and "fast food," hamburgers were sold mostly at fairs and circuses and the public thought of them as cheap food made from scraps of meats that were often improperly cooked. Ingram, along with Anderson, a short-order cook who, in 1916, came up with the hamburger.

Their methods changed public opinion of hamburgers by letting customers watch the burgers being made. They came up with the "5 hole" concept in which 5 holes were formed in each patty to ensure thoroughly cooking of the meat. The attention to safety did help convince the customers to try the burgers. Ingram and Anderson claimed the 5 holes also improved flavor.

The first White Castle burgers had onions in the meat and as they were small in size, it was common to eat more than one. White Castle was not only the first restaurant to serve fast food, but also the first to come up with a marketing slogan for fast food: "Buy 'em by the sack." It was also the first fast food business to use coupons to attract new customers."

Taken from WiseGeek.

I'm sorry. I forgot about White Castle. If there is one thing this post can agree on, is that we should thank Hamburger Charlie.

#200587 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by m14 on 02 January 2009 - 02:59 PM in Off Topic

I'm only ranting on McDonalds because they are the ones that started it all. If the McDonald brothers hadn't sold their company to Ray Kroc, things might be better.

#215551 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 28 February 2009 - 01:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't want to double-post, but it has been two weeks since any new posts were added. Anyway. I moved the spot of the war to a park in Leesburg. All the rules still apply.

#210496 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 08 February 2009 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess I should add that it is my church. There is a Jewish group that meets there on Saturday. The only way the other group would cause problems for us would be parking. They use the upstairs of the church, and we could use the lower, and gravel parking lots. I'll get an address up shortly, along with some pictures if I can take some when it is daylight. If I can get somemore people to come I'll start working out the details other than the date.

#211196 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 10 February 2009 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

It doesn't really matter if the location is war friendly or not.

Yes it does.
And the address you provided is for the Church, not Briar Patch Park. Briar Patch Park is not usable because it ALWAYS has kids playing on it as well as people playing Basketball.
I'll scope out the Church facilities. If they'll work as a war site and we can use them, fine.
If they won't then I would recommend Trailside Park (1050 Crestview Dr, Herndon, VA) because it's ALWAYS empty and has a good balance of obstacles and open area.

Parks and common areas in Virginia rarely work well as war sites because the naturally wooded areas are only good for breaking your ankle, and those are then bordered by huge open fields or briar patches.
Trailside is one of the few I've come across that doesn't have those problems, and is obscure enough that it's not constantly swarming with kids. It's grass with evenly spaced trees, picnic tables, a pavilion, one playground, and a bike trail.

Tell me what you think Slug. I can't stress this enough, I don't have the church as a lock for location yet. I'll tell my mom that we may have to move the location to Trailside Park. I'll only move the location if you don't think the church is a good place. PM me your thoughts on the church.

Groove: The church is in Sterling, and I live in Leesburg. I know it's only about 20min. depending on traffic, but I haven't been there in a while where it has been daylight and I've had the time to take pictures. I will have them up as soon as possible, and if Slug gives the O.K. on the place. I'll try to take pictures on Sunday before I head into the building. One last note on the pictures, There is always a decent amount of cars there whenever I'm there so the pictures may have cars where we will be playing.

#215739 Northern Virginia War

Posted by m14 on 01 March 2009 - 01:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Here is the address of the place.
407 E. Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176

Could you post the address just so we know exactly where you're planning on hosting it?

Did you read the post? I posted the new address before you asked.