hoongfu's Content

There have been 229 items by hoongfu (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#299073 Apocalypse 2011

Posted by hoongfu on 31 May 2011 - 03:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Everyday other than the 23rd works for me.

Same for me as well.

#299137 Apoc 2011 Dart Restrictions

Posted by hoongfu on 01 June 2011 - 04:18 PM in Nerf Wars

With the whole "being mocked for using stock darts", is that a threat, or a promise?
Also, is there an official date yet? I'm new to the page and bad at navigating and finding things. Thank you!

I plan to use stock, and I am prepared to be mocked. And I'll have a fresh box of Kleenex, or a Shamwow.

#299456 Apocalypse 2011

Posted by hoongfu on 06 June 2011 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

What venue/location with this years Apocalypse event be held at? Deal Park?

What kind of power facilities are available at the site? I have a stampede powered by Hobby NiCads, and a speed-charger to go with it, but I need an outlet to plug it in. From the vids I've seen on youtube (Courtesy of KNDOperative and ForsakenAngel), it's a big grassy field with no trace of civilization within an hour's walk, but that's just what I've been able to see. From someone who's actually been there, what kind of power can I get out of the park facilities?

If you are traveling by car I would suggest getting a converter/adapter which plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car and powers an outlet. Or bring one anyways and see if someone is nice enough to let you charge your battery in their car for a bit.

#300791 Massacre 6 videos.

Posted by hoongfu on 30 June 2011 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Its nice how it is hard to find a dull moment in them. I like how you enhance the video slow motion at the right times. And I like that your videos are more of a highlights of the war rather than a documentary. The best part is when you add text comments for the bloopers.

#301778 Apoc Round Schedule and Sign Up

Posted by hoongfu on 18 July 2011 - 03:57 PM in Nerf Wars

1 / 10:15 - 10:50 / Deathmatch
2 / 11:05 - 11:40 / U3 Objective
3 / 11:55 - 12:30 / Full Roster Deathmatch
4 / 12:45 - 1:20 / Deathmatch
5 / 1:35 - 2:10 /
6 / 2:25 - 3:00 /
7 / 3:15 - 3:50 /
8 / 4:05 - 4:40 /
9 / 4:55 - 5:30 /

#302751 Nerf Bolo Rounds

Posted by hoongfu on 03 August 2011 - 11:20 AM in General Nerf

If that becomes accepted I wonder if it would count as 1 or 2 hits.

#302869 APOC TOMORROW

Posted by hoongfu on 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there be port-o-potties at the park?

#303626 Easy custom shirts

Posted by hoongfu on 20 August 2011 - 10:33 PM in Off Topic

Great idea! I am going to give this a shot since I have these materials lying around. Also nice reddit rage faces.

#304202 NJNO - Now recapping.

Posted by hoongfu on 02 September 2011 - 09:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Are melee weapons allowed for the zombie round?

#304221 NJNO - Now recapping.

Posted by hoongfu on 02 September 2011 - 07:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.

#304222 NJNO - Now recapping.

Posted by hoongfu on 02 September 2011 - 07:55 PM in Nerf Wars

server error, sorry

#304263 NJNO - Now recapping.

Posted by hoongfu on 03 September 2011 - 08:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I had a great time at NJNO. First small war, second war overall (APOC 2011 being my first). I must admit I am loving the small wars. Its nice getting to know people, being able to conversate on and off with the same person throughout a day is great. Also getting to know people's playing styles as well as working with them as a team was fun. I felt like part of the community unlike at a huge mega war. Also getting to know people's names/faces was a plus.

+Meeting Redshot, Heavyweight, Langley(For Real this time), TED, DX, Redshot's Dad (Blue Arrow), chubbylad13, and Clowny
+Finally being able to use my longshot that Andtheherois fixed & brassed for me
+Using Redshot's friend's pistol splat
+Having a team that dominated all the Carpe-Cupulum rounds
+Using Andtheherois' SNAP which was solid
+Getting a ride from Andtheherois from the trainstation and back so I could make the war
+Getting consistent hits and not burning through darts
+Nice field
+Everyone was friendly
+Minimal downtime
+Diverse rounds

-Wind/branches/leaves/mud
-Not learning how to use the longshot properly before playing a round with it
-Almost cramped up during a deathmatch
-Not finding many darts during dart sweep

#304403 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by hoongfu on 06 September 2011 - 10:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I can make early October if a ride to the site of the war could be provided (either from Philly, harrisburg trainstation, or the harrisburg mall)

#304847 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by hoongfu on 20 September 2011 - 12:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Both dates are fine with me.

#304899 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by hoongfu on 21 September 2011 - 07:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay sweet.

Anyone driving from the Philadelphia area? I'd be willing to chip in for gas, and I also have a ton of gatorade to split with the driver/crew.

#305095 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by hoongfu on 27 September 2011 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be getting a ride from Andtheherois woohoo!

I'll be bringing a stock 1st gen nitefinder and a stock star wars gun to sell, $15 each (negotiable). Both have working batteries and lights.

#305382 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by hoongfu on 04 October 2011 - 10:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey Clownie, see you this weekend too ;)

#305403 NJNO 2

Posted by hoongfu on 05 October 2011 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there as well.

#305567 TEPAW 4! Reunion ~ PA war

Posted by hoongfu on 08 October 2011 - 11:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Glad you got home safe! See you next week.

#305746 NJNO 2

Posted by hoongfu on 11 October 2011 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

So if it's just me and one other guy, you can bet your ass it's going to be me vs you.

Bring it on!

I like the idea of destroy the objective. Or at least knock it over or something lol.

#305760 NJNO 2

Posted by hoongfu on 12 October 2011 - 08:15 AM in Nerf Wars

If we can't find suitable objects to destroy maybe we can take something from the monster mash type game type (see HBH and massacre nerf wars) and we can shoot out something. For instance at carnivals there is a "shoot out the star" game. We can re do that for nerf. Of course everyone's blasters and darts need to be able to break printer paper.

#305783 Countdown Gametype

Posted by hoongfu on 12 October 2011 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

What's to stop someone from counting as fast as humanly possible? Where did you get the idea that you can get hit twice in Gunslinger? Any time I've played it, we would count back in, or at least take long enough to get a headband on.

Langleys right it would be come a who can count the fastest game.

Playing devil's advocate: Technically in any counting type game people can skip it or count to 5 instead of 15. Its all about the honor system. Thats what holds nerf wars together. If we all claimed we didn't get hit or have instant respawn this hobby would be out the window.

#305794 Countdown Gametype

Posted by hoongfu on 12 October 2011 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

When playing deathmatch, there are various benefits to counting very quickly or very slowly depending on how things are going for you and your team. Very often people will count as long as it takes to reload, or get back to their team, etc. So people 'cheat' at deathmatch all the time, and it doesn't really have a substantial effect on the game. However, in this game, even a slight difference in the counting speed would have an effect on how hard you are to eliminate. Not to mention how much of a nightmare it must be if you get into an argument over whether you were hit.

On those points I can see your reasoning. Perhaps this could be tested a few more wars.

#305886 NJNO 2

Posted by hoongfu on 14 October 2011 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I am bringing to trade/sell:

3x 1st Gen Nitefinders stock
1 Electric Eel (with clip) also stock

See you guys there!

#306052 NJNO 3

Posted by hoongfu on 16 October 2011 - 10:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Woops just voted.

#306117 Mario Kart

Posted by hoongfu on 18 October 2011 - 12:22 AM in General Nerf

I'm definitely buying some dollar store balloons for the next war I go to. Great idea! Can't wait to play this with NJ/Eastern PA people.

#306463 NJNO 3

Posted by hoongfu on 24 October 2011 - 02:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Sadly I can't make it ;_; See you all next time!

#306466 NJNO 3

Posted by hoongfu on 24 October 2011 - 03:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I can make it on the 26!

#306696 Jolt AR removal and Spring replacement

Posted by hoongfu on 29 October 2011 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

Nice write up! I followed this guide and got nice ranges as well. Being able to vaccum-load stefans is also a plus. I'll definitely use my Jolt in the next war.

#306853 NJNO 3

Posted by hoongfu on 02 November 2011 - 10:15 PM in Nerf Wars

OH FUCK NO. You're seriously going to do this to me on the day I *can't* make it? In my own back yard!?

Gears gonna make me miss my second turkey. Goddammit Gears.

Its ok Langley, I'll play with Gears. ;)

#307498 NJNO 3

Posted by hoongfu on 18 November 2011 - 02:02 PM in Nerf Wars

My gf will be coming on the 26th with me. How long she will last? I don't know. It will be interesting nonetheless.

#307824 NJNO 3

Posted by hoongfu on 26 November 2011 - 11:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Pros:
Best weather possible, Zero wind (unlike the past NJNOs).
Better Carpe and Territories than the previous times I've played it (NJNO2, TEPAW#)
Pretty balanced teams.
Evan's Dad was very Koree-like and pushed for more rounds-per-hour, and was a beast at defense. Him and Blue Arrow must meet and duel.
Got to use a chicago barrel and clear hopper, its so nice to be able to see how much ammo I have left.
Got to use my 4Bs.
Had loaner blasters, and loaned some out.
Met some new people.
Seeing old people.
Not facing Hero and a pump snap.
Talking with the parents a bit.
My gf coming and nerfing and recording.
Got a ride with Koree.
Yellow Team.
Team 4B.
Air blaster showdowns.
Getting 2 hits on the VIP after sprinting through the mud in the middle of the field.

Cons:
Need I was more careful when peeking out.
Super plugged 4B.
Facing Hero with my 4B and chicago barrel.
Need to wire-mod my wye so darts won't get stuck.
Wye-jammed a bit.
Gears not being able to make it.

#308310 Right, well, I found this interesting thing...

Posted by hoongfu on 14 December 2011 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

I totally agree with what has been said by Ice Nine, Gears, and Langley. Nothing short of Subsonic Terrain Field Utility is worth bringing to a war. My favorite choice is the Greater Than Foe Overkill, it targets any movement so even Ice Nine's ghille suit will save him. You have to really prepare for anything. This pertains especially to internet celebrities like Langley and Gears because tons of noobs swarm them during wars like APOC and they need the tactical advantage.

#309760 SOPA/PIPA and the Site Blackouts

Posted by hoongfu on 19 January 2012 - 11:20 AM in Off Topic

I wholeheartedly agree with this guy : Maddox's view.

#311219 NJNO4

Posted by hoongfu on 14 February 2012 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there bringing the pain and hopefully, the THUNDER!

#311222 Two quick questions about the Buzzbee Big Blast

Posted by hoongfu on 14 February 2012 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

I second NerfOMania's suggestion to request a replacement trigger. Andtheherois and I have done it and have gotten new triggers relatively quickly and for free.

#311264 NJNO4

Posted by hoongfu on 15 February 2012 - 12:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and John should be able to make it, I just got to make sure the weekend is free with the wife (pretty sure it is) but hold me as a maybe and I'll let you know as soon as I have a definite.

Glad your wife let you back after the first incident. Hope to see your new primaries too!

@KaptainKrazy I don't think melee weapons are allowed, but you can barrel tap for sure.

#311293 NJNO4

Posted by hoongfu on 15 February 2012 - 10:37 PM in Nerf Wars

@Shandsgator, BOOOO! I guess one less air gun to worry about haha. Hope to see you soon.

@DX WOOOO! Hope you can make it!

#311310 NJNO4

Posted by hoongfu on 16 February 2012 - 01:48 PM in Nerf Wars

But how am I supposed to buy and immediately loose 300 darts if you don't show up?

I would like to make this one, but I would also like to make DCNF, and I don't think I can handle three in a row. I'll know more as it gets closer. Also, do you guys really want to do Babbage in early March? It's going to be cold, wet and muddy.

Well NJNO 3.5 was exactly like that. And you saw we just put up with it and said "screw it, lets nerf!"

#311312 P.W.N>U ~ PA War Nerfers Unite!

Posted by hoongfu on 16 February 2012 - 01:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Bummer, duty(work calls) and I gota stay within 1 hr's distance of Philly because of that for the rest of march (after NJNO) sadly. Have fun! Take pics and videos!