Viper's Content

There have been 471 items by Viper (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49270 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Viper on 10 March 2005 - 05:31 PM in Homemades

I can give you a website to put them on. Good idea bolt, I can't believe noone has ever made a topic for homemade pics. Someone find a pic of the best and put it on here.

#62524 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 25 August 2005 - 12:50 AM in Off Topic

I only have 1 PC, but its an AMD 2800+. How do you put multiple processors on one account? I have my laptop on team 45293 but it says even though I have the same username that I used on my comp. That's insane that I'm already in 11th place even though I have 1 processor and haven't been folding for too long.

Did you guys see where Protease inhibitors which have almost cured HIV, except that HIV-A3 strand and Viagara was also developed using folding@home information. PEOPLE GET MORE COMPS. I'm gonna try and get Western Michigan to use folding@home.

#62572 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 26 August 2005 - 02:50 PM in Off Topic

I just finished a 2600frame WU under the username Viper and the team # 45293, yet on the team page it won't show my added WU.

#62760 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 30 August 2005 - 02:32 AM in Off Topic

I fnished a 2600 frame WU about as quick as a 600 frame. Stay with that WU, you'll get many points.

WOOOOHOOOOOO boyz, we're in the top 1000 teams!!

#62379 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 22 August 2005 - 01:28 AM in Off Topic

So what processor you guys think folding@home gets the most processing power out of? The powerpcs?

#61904 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 14 August 2005 - 01:12 AM in Off Topic

I just added my laptop (1.4GHZ). Now what if we got each member to donate $5 of so via paypal to buy more computers to fold? Anywho I'm gonna try to advertise via my shipments from now on and on my nerf store.

#59004 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 10 July 2005 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

I'm on now, my virus software keeps on bugging me about the folding@home program for whatever reason.

#58819 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 07 July 2005 - 12:27 AM in Off Topic

I've downloaded it and its running. How do I get to join your team though?

#61648 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 11 August 2005 - 02:28 PM in Off Topic

I got only 1 CPU and I'm like in the middle of the nerfhaven pack.

#62875 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 01 September 2005 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

I've been sending email after email for Wester Michigan University to get involved in the project but they seem to have little interest. I already mentioned our areas struggling economy that yo-yo's with manufacturers layoff's in down economic times and how interest in biotech resulting from a relationship with stanford's folding@home project would change Kalamazoo's economic landscape for the far better. I mentioned a ton of other advantages in just about every area inlcuding the fact that it would cost the university nothing compared to what it costs to run the blow-dryers and microwaves in every dorm. I'm going to talk to my Biology of cells and molecules teacher to see what he says about it and see if I can leverage his power to change the university's policy and that I could install the program on all of WMU's computers. Any other ideas besides the fact I also showed them how a group of less than 1/100th computers can pass up harvard?

#62589 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 27 August 2005 - 12:52 AM in Off Topic

Nevermind it showed up. I'm quite certain it was 2600 frames, dude. My new WU is 250 frames on my laptop, so I guess it evens out.

#66849 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2005 - 04:25 AM in Off Topic

I'm trying to get Western michigan onboard, but have so far become unsuccessful. I'll hopefully be adding another processor soon. We're still gaining and our rank will increase but many teams are starting to pass us up too.

#67137 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 05 November 2005 - 03:41 AM in Off Topic

I just want to thank earl the bunny,boltsniper, and snaped for sticking with us and putting up good numbers while many remain inactive and have since stopped folding. We only have 27 active members guys, so I am certain that nerfhaven has a ton more potential than we are currently tapping.

#68815 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Viper on 05 December 2005 - 05:18 PM in Off Topic

I need some good advice on how to build a diskless node.

#37090 Semi-auto 2k Prototype-its A Start

Posted by Viper on 12 September 2004 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know of any better substitute for the rf20 bladder? Is that type of rubber hose redially available at hardware stores? I saw some washer tubing by the vinly tubing at aco, but I don't know if its characteristics are the same as the rf20/powerclip/wildfire/larami ballgun rubber tubing.

#60921 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Viper on 02 August 2005 - 01:13 PM in General Nerf

my arsenal

BTW- All those boxes are full of more nerf guns.

#60993 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Viper on 02 August 2005 - 09:50 PM in General Nerf

Most of my arsenal, which is a little bigger than it was in the picture, is at my father's house in Indiana. I don't have the time to open up the boxes and take pics of them at the moment but I can tell you that I have all but a few of the nerf guns ever made and duplicates of them. I have 4 N-strike sets and about 10 at2ks or something like that and a bunch of other guns like LNL's,splitfire's, A-storm's, chainblazers,rototrack etc.

#61420 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Viper on 08 August 2005 - 10:09 AM in General Nerf

Stomp Rocket
Coral Viper
Stinging Scarab?

These are the unknowns fro myour list.

#40982 Election 2k4

Posted by Viper on 06 November 2004 - 02:04 AM in News

Thanks crankymonkey, but I live in Michigan and I was invited to the National Young Leaders Conference in DC and while in DC that's part of what I learned.

I was unclear on the standard deviation, thanks for clearing it up cxwq.

#40788 Election 2k4

Posted by Viper on 04 November 2004 - 06:34 PM in News

During the Clinton years we were sitting on a 300 billion dollar surplus annually and now we are almost to the net limit on the national debt. The national debt has increased by about 2 trillion dollars since the Bush administration, from 5 to 7 trillion. The utmost limit, even given good economic growth is ~ 8.7trillion. Out current situation is 1.88 trillion dollars in federal revenue, alowing us to leverage about 8 trillion dollars of debt. Given any decrease in revenue we almost immediately hit the top limit on spending. The spending is bad on Bush's part, but even worse is the 4%on the top 1% of americans tax raise that would have raised between 600-800 billion annually, eliminating the annual deficits we have seen. The GDP has increased 5% this year, but GDP is miles away from incorporating all the factors of how the economy that affects the people. How about the 5% unemployment? The republicans claim its due to more efficiency in the economy, eliminating the need for jobs, though its truly due to a persident favoring indiviual corporations request in order to get campaign money. Understand the democrat/republican descrepancy now in funding from corporations? Oh and don't forget his abstinance only programs to prevent aids in africa. :lol: He's also the only president in 72 years to lose jobs. Anyone who voted for Bush for moral reasons is simply an idiot, sacrificing the next generations prosperity and possible even affecting the baby boomers.

In reality, we are a Christian theocracy run on a democractic constitution. Anything wrong with that? No. Most nations are run on a theocracy with exception to the Soviet Union and some Euro nations. Even our laws come from the Bible. Again, no problem with that, it's just that assuming that because a nation has a different structure of government is evil scares the shit out of me. The Democratic party being considered immoral also scares me.

Too bad Ben Franklin was a diest and Thomas Jefferson was at least agnostic, if not atheist. To give you come credit,George Washington and James Madison were especially religious,though

As far as law goes I don't remember any system much like outr own dervied from Christianity. In a coarse grained way, I suppose it could be interpreted that way, the thou shall not steal, etc. But bigomy isn't illegal by federal law and the "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife" isn't exactly illegal, for most are moral principles by which a few people that go up on mountain, even though God loves them all the same, can control the masses through supernatural propaganda, which considering it was 2000 B.C and there wasn't exactly a particle accelerator around, so its understandable. Just about any state or religion has similiar axiom-like moral codes. All these values are ubiquitous and universal, whether they be an african tribe or ignorant white protestants who drown promiscious women (calvinists). I'd like to give thanks to cxwq for a trasnparent explaination.

#40942 Election 2k4

Posted by Viper on 05 November 2004 - 07:44 PM in News

I went to the NYLC in DC and as a little fact George W. Bush's cumulative gpa at yale was a 2.3. Just as a little sidenote I would also like to mention that just about any IQ test is based on old science and is essentially worthless. It was based off an old theory that we had some absolute intelligence that would cover all areas of our lives. The truth is, that our brain is sufficiently complex and only specific areas control specfied aspects of our lives. For instance, an average classical composer has a portion of their brain that is known to be about 300% larger than the average. Athletes have larger areas controling simple, speedy processes and motor skills. Between 90-110 is the standard deviation for an average IQ score. I scored a 154 last time I took one, which means I can recognize patterns put in that form by very primitive people that made them in order to discriminate against minorities. Every decade our IQ tests gain 5 points, and it has been proven that people who take IQ tests more often can increase their scores as much as 20 points, so sorry folks, even if you have a 170 IQ you're really not very special, it just means you do well, like I did, on a test formed by yet again, the same ignorant protestants that helped elect Bush. Now I'm gonna go conduct a "crusade."

#60405 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Viper on 27 July 2005 - 10:55 PM in General Nerf

michigan sightings? What stores are currently carrying it and where?

#60764 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Viper on 01 August 2005 - 12:18 AM in General Nerf

So let's make a list of all the states and stores its been sighted in.

Arizona-target
California
New York

#60736 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Viper on 31 July 2005 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

9/16" high quality PETG is more than 3x cheaper than brass, lighter and easier to work with, and now it can maintain the darts glowing properties? :P

#41283 N-strike Maverick

Posted by Viper on 09 November 2004 - 11:06 PM in General Nerf

Yes thank you. "bows"

#40410 Halo 2

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

Ya its the french version. My buddy has almost beat in on easy. He has a friend who knows a little about encryption and can make an actual xbox game on his comp and burn it without any mod chip. You have a lot less health and the game is soooooo much more balanced. The strategy involved is complex instead of a 1v1v1v1 w/ a pistol dominating the game. You can take out power stations to bring down bae defenses, simply it is the best game ever.

#40498 Halo 2

Posted by Viper on 01 November 2004 - 06:54 PM in Off Topic

In most its even better than that. You can now destroy objects and it has a lighting engine superior to splinter cell, or in fact any game out yet.

#40367 Halo 2

Posted by Viper on 31 October 2004 - 02:38 PM in Off Topic

Any of you guys work at Mcdonald's? I steal those little best buy bucks off the fries and chicken strip boxes and throw the boxes away. Just run back in the storage room when you aren't busy and pick a couple up.

#52303 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by Viper on 11 April 2005 - 10:48 PM in Homemades

You should really consider taking that to a toy fair or presenting it to a venture capitalist of some sort. Remember Lonnie Johnson was an aerospace engineer and he caught attention with a plexiglass and PVC "supersoaker." Putting all other compliments aside, that is far and above 10x more professional than anything that's ever been posted on a nerf site EVER.

#47972 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 24 February 2005 - 09:49 PM in Off Topic

I haven't measured it but I do know my house is 7,200 square feet and there seems to be plenty of room, I got to give it to my stepdad on that one, we got a wet bar with an oven behind it......envious yet? Good movies I must say cxwq, I might check out The mission simpky because I haven't heard anything about it...ever.

#47840 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 23 February 2005 - 02:32 PM in Off Topic

I'm not a big garden state fan, nor a XXX fan. NEVER RECCOMEND XXX to anyone, its a classic worst movie of all time. Gone in 60 seconds rules, so do unpopular movies like The Pianist etc. I watched breakfast club last night and that is defineately a classic and I'm about to watch American Beuty all the way through. I heard american graffiti was sick and so are most of the star wars films. Episode 1 and 2 were actually pretty good, if not for the main characters acting abilities.

#47807 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 22 February 2005 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

shaw-shank was a killer. I'll check out Cool Hand Luke. Adaptation? It was alright I guess.

#47795 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 22 February 2005 - 10:04 PM in Off Topic

I was wondering what you guys thought of the movies that just came out or classics you've seen that you've enjoyed. I have a 130" projection HDTV from sony with surround sound and was looking at checking out some more great movies. Is the THE AVIATOR any good?

#48021 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 25 February 2005 - 02:29 PM in Off Topic

Wow, I really thought platoon sucked ass. It was a candid account about what oliver stone went through I guess. Office Space, I've seen that about 30+ times....really and its great. American Beauty is very similiar in plot structure and theme. Right now I'm watching A Clockwork Orange

#48215 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 27 February 2005 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

Judge Dred was pretty cool. Demolition man was the shit, though,blowing dred away. I just got done watching all of A Clockwork Orange and honestly,didn't find anything too great about it. It was another shocking movie that had poor acting and dialogue in many parts and was simply not that entertaining.Citizen Kane is next on my list.

#49705 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 15 March 2005 - 07:28 PM in Off Topic

Has anyone seen the original scarface? It has good reviews, but people could be justifying it as good because of the time it was made.

#49664 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 15 March 2005 - 01:22 PM in Off Topic

I watched LA confidential the other day for the first time. It was good, but I wouldn't rate it as a top 30 movie like it is on imdb. I watched the beginning of motorcyle diaries and left fairly impressed.

#49076 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 08 March 2005 - 10:48 PM in Off Topic

Have you guys heard anything about the aviator?

#48521 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 02 March 2005 - 10:21 PM in Off Topic

I just got finshed with citizen kane, considered by many to be the best movie ever made. It was very good, but I'm not thinking top 10 unless you consider for its time. "rosebud"

#56967 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Viper on 08 June 2005 - 01:55 PM in Off Topic

Team America World Police is a good movie for all you right-wingers. If you want to see something original, albeit different watch The Woodsman.[/U][U]